What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 FFA Mid Year Song Draft - Sign-up and Round 1 today (1 Viewer)

Northern Voice

Footballguy
Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3SbVCZkdtLVmy6TA9cKvQj?si=B4sMIEiATFCmKZ_3lGBvWA&utm_source=copy-link

Same rules as always. Any song from the first half of the year is eligible.

Daily picks, one in the morning, one in the afternoon on the following schedule. 

Round 1 and let people find the thread tomorrow.

Rounds 2/3 Wednesday AM/PM

Rounds 4/5 Thursday AM/PM

Rounds 6/7 Friday AM/PM

Round 8 Saturday July 9

Round 9 Sunday July 10

Rounds 10/11 July 11 AM/PM

Rounds 12/13 July 12 AM/PM

Rounds 14/15 July 13 AM/PM

Rounds 16/17 July 14 AM/PM

Round 18 Friday July 15

Round 19 Saturday July 16

Round 20 Sunday July 20

Last edited by a moderator:
That's everyone from our 2021 mid year and year end drafts I believe but anyone is welcome and hopefully some newcomers or old regulars jump in as well. 

Can't participate because I've heard almost nothing new this year, but it will be interesting to see what you all come up with. 

:blackdot:

Bump. Round 1 picks can be made any time today, hopefully keep this near the top as well so more people will see it and join in. 

I have a new wheelhouse that I am having a hard time pinning down, but that song fits squarely in the middle of it.  Great stuff. 
I don't think they have anything new, but check Jacuzzi Boys (lucky blade is a fave), PINK MEXICO, Eddy Current Suppression Ring...and I'll think of lots more since it's square in my wheelhouse.

I think I’ll play if it’s not too late. Question though: if a song is released in late 2021 ahead of its album dropping in 2022, is it ineligible?

I assume I can just go…

1. Snow Globes — Black Country, New Road

This has become one of my favorite songs of all time. I have a soft spot for unusual looong songs that build to a crescendo. I like the description of the song and the drum work from their drummer:

Rather than writing a song with a number of distinct sections we wanted to see what we could do with one continuous riff. It was a real exploration in trying to create something maximalist whilst limiting ourselves with minimal musical choices.

Because the melodic instruments are all playing the riff in unison, Snow Globes left the drums with an interesting opportunity. The drums don’t sit separately from the rest of the band on Snow Globes, but we wanted to use them in a way that we hadn’t in the past.

As the song progressed the drums still occupy a slightly different sound world, but because the rest of the band is playing in such a syncopated style, the drums were given a space to disregard rhythm and be completely expressive.

In honor of wikkidpissah who complained about new music being too single-grooved, I'll lead off with a song that waves its single-groove flag proudly for four and a half minutes.  But what a groove it is.

Khruangbin & Leon Bridges - B-Side
I don't pay too much attention to new music anymore, but this is easily my favorite song of 2022 so far. Put David Byrne's vocal on it and it would pass for a Remain in Light song. 

I assume I can just go…

1. Snow Globes — Black Country, New Road

This has become one of my favorite songs of all time. I have a soft spot for unusual looong songs that build to a crescendo. I like the description of the song and the drum work from their drummer:
Nice. 

I will be taking a song from this album as well. 

I’ll give this one a shot. My selections won’t be as deep as most of yours (that’s what she says), but it will force me to listen to some new stuff. 

Yo Mama selects:

1.YM - Wild Child - The Black Keys

Ok I will jump in here, I need to find more new music anyway.

1.80s: I'M ON ONE by Future and Drake

2.80s: N95 by Kendrick Lamar

Can I vent all my truth?
I got nothin' to lose
I got problems and pools
I can swim in my faith
Camera's movin' whenever I'm movin'
The family suin' whatever I make
Murder is stackin', the president actin'
The government taxin' my funds in the bank
Homies attractin' the feds
When I'm brackin', look at my reaction