What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL WIS XIX Signup and Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

rodg12

Footballguy
Proposed theme:

WIS XIX - The War Years

• Spanish American 1898-1901
  • World War I 1914-1918 (or extend to 20)
  • World War II 1939-1945 (or do we do 41-1945)
  • Korean War 1950-1953
I would prefer one draft with 24 teams drafting from those time periods. Everybody cool with that? We also need to firm up the time periods. Cut off WWI at 1918? WWII 39-45 or 41-45?

Also... :nerd: REPORT! Who's in?

Would like to get this fired up ASAP.

In, same draft makes sense logistically, but would still like some sort of dice roll to determine who picks from what era. Could be as simple as highest 12 rolls pick in one era, lowest 12 picks in other. Also keep one league in one era and other in the other era.

As far as the WWs, go 14-18 and 41-45.

Two drafts in one thread. One group drafts from one and is in once League, the other in another league.

Brady Marino said:
In, same draft makes sense logistically, but would still like some sort of dice roll to determine who picks from what era. Could be as simple as highest 12 rolls pick in one era, lowest 12 picks in other. Also keep one league in one era and other in the other era.

To make it easy:

Slots 1-12: WWI/Span-Am

Slots 13-24: WW2/Korean

If we do just World Wars, let's extend it the additional two years as proposed. If we're including Span-Am and Korean, just four.

Brady Marino said:

To make it easy:

We could also let people choose, going in reverse order of draft position.

I'm in for whatever is decided.

Will probably draft pitching early if anyone was interested. :)
I will likely go a bit pitching heavy early but balanced, some weird picks that everyone ####s on, end up with a team that jfranco hates, and then hope for a three-peat.

So far we have...

rodg12

Kraft

Brady Marino

Koya

moops

Chem X

Hoos

SNC

RnR

jfranco

DougB

Bogart

SCBF

That makes 13.

To make it easy:

So once one league gets filled up, the rest of the pool gets...drafted into the other World War against their will like the real life draft.

Love it.

To make it easy:

So once one league gets filled up, the rest of the pool gets...drafted into the other World War against their will like the real life draft.Love it.
Ooooooooooo.

(Pronounced ewe, really long)

I still like the drafts but I'm kind of burned out on the simming part. If WIS doesn't care enough to develop the sim engine, it's getting harder for me to care about playing it. Summer isn't prime sim baseball season. I have Tre's hoops BTF leeg if it ever fills up, real baseball and real pretend baseball to contend with. I'll probably be up for a historical baseball draft after this year's BTF bases debacle.

I've been pimping the WWII era since about Sim VI so I'm glad to see it happening.

I still like the drafts but I'm kind of burned out on the simming part. If WIS doesn't care enough to develop the sim engine, it's getting harder for me to care about playing it. Summer isn't prime sim baseball season. I have Tre's hoops BTF leeg if it ever fills up, real baseball and real pretend baseball to contend with. I'll probably be up for a historical baseball draft after this year's BTF bases debacle.

I've been pimping the WWII era since about Sim VI so I'm glad to see it happening.
<_<

We've all been here. You're in a slump. Just sign up and go through with it. You'll hate yourself by round 5 of the draft when we're drafting your nephew's schoolmates.

RnR said:
Eephus said:

We've all been here. You're in a slump. Just sign up and go through with it. You'll hate yourself by round 5 of the draft when we're drafting your nephew's schoolmates.
I was actually in that exact spot like three seasons ago. Think I ended up taking the last open spot. If not for the baseball, do it for the shtick.

With the limited number of teams, may be best to extend at least the WWI years to '20 or maybe '19 if you only do WWI, but I'm ok doing WWI from 1939-45 also.

Not that strong either way, but would like to lock it down.

... and there's the hook for Eephus' inclusion. Can an autopilot Eephus team beat Bogart giving max effort to manage the #### out of his team?

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who drafted in code from the Yahoo! Finance stock pages when his access was limited, you people disgust me.

Users who are viewing this thread