What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Jaguars Thread - Team Putting #DTWD to The Test *** (2 Viewers)

Bortles got some good reviews in tonight's scrimmage.

Gerhart missed scrimmage with leg tightness. He said he would have played if it was a regular game.

LB Telvin Smith continues to have a good camp.

WR Allen Hurd continues push for roster spot.
Bortles looked good. He outplayed Henne. I don't think he's going to be on the bench very long. He seemed very comfortable in the offense. He's got nice touch on the ball. Denard Robinson is showing no effects from the hand injury from last year. I think they are going to find ways to get the ball in his hands.

Telvin Smith is crazy fast. He's going to kill someone. I just hope it's not someone in a Jags uniform.

The offensive line wasn't too impressive. It might be the teams Achilles heal this year.

Allen Hurns is making the active roster. He looks really natural out there.

Gus is awesome.

They looked good tonight. Bortles looked great.

I know the pre-draft belief was that Bortles needs to sit for at least a year to fix his mechanics, but I'm not tracking here. For the long term future of the team, I think he's clearly the better option here. The only hesitation I have is with the interior line. We know what we have in Henne. If the QB, whoever that might be, is adequately protected, then I think Bortles is the guy. He looked completely comfortable. He got crushed during one pass, got up, and completed the next pass. He's the anti Gabbert.

Sen'Derrick Marks was beastly. The D looks 180 degrees from last year. Allen Hurns continues to impress me. Chis Smith has some serious get off. Telvin Smith is an absolute steal.

2015 AFC South Champs. No doubt. And Jags will be competitive this year. As a Texans fan, I'm sick to my stomach watching Bortles looking great already. He and Luck will beat up the Texans for at least a decade.

Bortles arm strength pops off the screen. Didn't see that zip while he was at UCF. He looks like a player. With both he and Henne, the QB spot might actually be in good shape for Jax.

Last edited by a moderator:
2015 AFC South Champs. No doubt. And Jags will be competitive this year. As a Texans fan, I'm sick to my stomach watching Bortles looking great already. He and Luck will beat up the Texans for at least a decade.
Whoa. Pump the brakes there. The division will be mediocre and the Jags will be improved but there's a long way to go.

Whoa. Pump the brakes there. The division will be mediocre and the Jags will be improved but there's a long way to go.
I dunno man. I'm an outsider, but there's just something reassuring about your new brain trust. I really like Gus Bradley, that defense will be top 10 soon, and maybe elite in the next 2 years. Let that offense cook some more, unleashing a wiser Bortles in 2015 with some extra o-line help and y'all will be right in the mix with the Colts. The colts aren't deeply talented. A quality QB can mask holes on the team (like Rodgers in Green Bay). If Bortles is as advertised, and i think he will be, I would feel confident picking the Jags as a true dark horse for next season.

I disagree with Gruden on that Bortles bootleg. Complain about the playcall but Bortles threw that where only his guy had a chance to catch it. Rather see it there than back across the middle.

Hurns looked good out there tonight but what will his role be when the other guys are healthy? Could he push for WR3 duty?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hurns looked good out there tonight but what will his role be when the other guys are healthy? Could he push for WR3 duty?
Not if Shorts,Lee,Robinson are healthy. But the guy has had a great camp/preseason and basically assured himself a roster spot. Not bad for a UDFA. Between his hands and special teams coverage, he's probably the WR4.

Jaguars rookie receiver Allen Robinson remains out with a hamstring injury sustained in practice July 31 and fans may not see him for a few more weeks. He didn’t play against Chicago and likely won’t be available for next week’s game at Detroit.

“Getting better each and every day so it’s coming along,” Robinson said earlier this week. “I’ve been down this road before so I have to trust the process.”

Robinson missed the last two weeks of OTAs/minicamp because of a hamstring injury although the team has insisted Injury No. 2 isn’t as serious as Injury No. 1.

Robinson grew up in suburban Detroit but realizes a homecoming game may not happen.

“It would definitely be exciting to get back to Detroit and play in front of my family and friends,” he said. “But at the same time, I have to wait for my body to be ready.”
http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2014-08-14/story/jaguars-notebook-toby-gerhart-makes-debut-rookie-allen?utm_source=cx

Also, RT Austin Pasztor has a broken hand. No timetable yet.

Bad news on Pasztor. Broken ring finger must be displaced because it will require surgery next week. Out at least a month. Cam Bradfield is starting RT Week 1.

Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said today that rookie quarterback Blake Bortles will see first-team reps next week in practice as well as next Friday’s game at Detroit.

Citing the coaching staff’s belief that all rookies should get time with the starters during the preseason, Bradley said he talked to starting quarterback Chad Henne this morning about the potential set-up for the Lions game.

“Our whole philosophy is to get our rookies in with the 1s and I believe this week with Blake, we have to get that done to see how he handles it,” Bradley said. “And I would like to see him get in the game [with the 1s], too.”

Bradley said Henne could play the first half against Detroit and Bortles would play a quarter with the starters.

That Bortles will get first-team reps isn’t a surprise -- Bradley has been adamant throughout camp that would be the case at some point, but putting an actual date on it created some needed clarity.

Bortles is 18-of-28 passing for 277 yards (no TDs or INTs) in two preseason games.

Bradley said he remains committed to Henne starting the season opener next month at Philadelphia.
http://members.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544821/ryan-ohalloran/2014-08-15/blake-bortles-get-first-team-reps-next-week-detroit

Bad news on Pasztor. Broken ring finger must be displaced because it will require surgery next week. Out at least a month. Cam Bradfield is starting RT Week 1.
He is serviceable, but hopefully Pasztor is only out a month.

I think Linder will end up as the starting center once the season rolls around. Got to get that position fixed; it's a train wreck right now.

[SIZE=11pt]UCF grad Blake Bortles gets time with the first team and it’s blacked out in Orlando. Because Orlando CBS affiliate is showing GB-OAK (CBS national game) and showing Jags on their alternate 6.2 channel only available on Brighthouse, Comcast or OTA antenna . And people can’t watch it on preseason Live since ORL is considered part of Jags local viewing area[/SIZE]

UCF grad Blake Bortles gets time with the first team and its blacked out in Orlando. Because Orlando CBS affiliate is showing GB-OAK (CBS national game) and showing Jags on their alternate 6.2 channel only available on Brighthouse, Comcast or OTA antenna . And people cant watch it on preseason Live since ORL is considered part of Jags local viewing area
Orlando repeatedly does this to the Jags. I thought it would change when BB was drafted. Guess not.

i for one am glad that blaine hey i just saw a defender so i pooped my pants or as the germans say poopen hosen and then curled up in a fetal position but actually it was not defender just a hotdog salesman gabbert is gone so that this proud and storied franchise can return to its rightful place at the top of the nfl mount olympics take that to the bank fellow brohag fans

This Hurns kid has had the best preseason on the team IMO. He's making a real hard push to be in the starting lineup.

Hays Carlyon @HaysCarlyon

#Jaguars cuts: Barden, Bradford, A. Caldwell, David Carter (waived/injured), Mike Harris, Hughlett, Hull, P. Lewis, Shaw, Unga, Joe Young.

Hays Carlyon @HaysCarlyon

Not into his second regular season yet, Dave Caldwell has brought in 63 of the 79 players on #Jaguars roster.

2:14 PM - 24 Aug 2014

Only 5 Gene Smith draft picks remain. Will be down to 4 once Prosinski is cut. I hope.

Jags depth chart came out and some interesting changes

Denard Robinson is backing up Gerhart,not Jordan Todman. Personally, I think that is well-earned, Todman has looked okay in pre-seaosn but DenardX is much more dynamic and looks like he is more accustomed to the RB switch than last year.

WR starters are listed as Shorts and Marqise Lee. Worth watching how they handle the 3WR sets. Lee will flip to slot. Do they bring in Allen Robinson (who is supposed to run limited number of plays Week 1) or Allen Hurns?

Users who are viewing this thread