What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "Space Blanket" for Better Call Saul*** (1 Viewer)

Sometimes I don’t understand Kim.  She wants to help the little guy, so she quits her job working with the bank to do pro bono. At the same time, Jimmy is helping murderous cartel members flee the country and she’s like “do you want an omelette?”

Sometimes I don’t understand Kim.  She wants to help the little guy, so she quits her job working with the bank to do pro bono. At the same time, Jimmy is helping murderous cartel members flee the country and she’s like “do you want an omelette?”
Pretty typical of their odd relationship - there's so much unspoken between them. 

At this point, I'm going to put my money on Kim being "disappeared" at some point by Ed, and the very last scene of the series is in black and white, with her answering a knock at the door to find Gene Takovic standing there. 

Skipdog77 said:
At this point, I'm going to put my money on Kim being "disappeared" at some point by Ed, and the very last scene of the series is in black and white, with her answering a knock at the door to find Gene Takovic standing there. 
At this point I don't think they've collectively amassed enough cash to make that happen

peaces said:
Not sure but was that the skate boarders in the background in that one scene?
Would be awesome if it was the same skateboarders playing in the White's old pool at the beginning of the Blood Money episode when we saw the flash forward of Walt returning home to get the ricin. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
I was thinking that blaming some kids for the shot up and ditched car was an obvious explanation. One that Saul would have easily thought up if he wasn't still out of it.

I wish they would have shown how Saul lost that court case. I thought he was going to hit that other lawyer.

Great episode, cant wait for next week's finale. Will we see Tuco?

These last few episodes have just been so so good. 

I wasn't crazy about the first couple seasons because of everything with Chuck, even though I recognized the importance, but I'm looking forward to going back and watching again with a new perspective after this one is over. 

one of the wonderful things about series TV, in the right hands, is the chance for a great long payoff. they can do whatever they want to with Kim now, as far as i'm concerned (tho i'm in the camp that thinks "Gene's search for disappeared Kim" will be the coda of the series), because now they've done what they wanted to do all along.

this thread is a monument to fan service - a hallmark of the BB/BCS franchise. but Saul has given us two cool fan-service characters, Nacho & Lalo, and two in-the-way guys, Chuck and Kim. i didn't like Kim - an excellent portrait of a "tight" woman, but a redundancy because the tightness of Chuck (the more important relationship early on) was the better counter to Slippin' Jimmy - in the beginning. There was NO chemistry, no real connection to the flow. but the writers were in love with her so they grew her, passed Breaking Bad in their female characters (which i rarely liked) when they showed Kim's weakness for the con, convinced us they could be a couple without actually giving us a love story, and eventually got us as interested in her stories as Jimmy's.

but ep 4.09 paid it off more than i ever imagined when Kim outSauled Jimmy in a life-or-death situation. she's the hero of BCS no matter what happens next. bravo -

but ep 4.09 paid it off more than i ever imagined when Kim outSauled Jimmy in a life-or-death situation. she's the hero of BCS no matter what happens next. bravo -
:goodposting:  for that one moment, she may have actually saved Jimmy (or saved them both). but I imagine the cost will be steep.

I know I can't be the only one watching that last scene that was thinking "Well, now we know what happens to Kim".. :oldunsure:  

Thought for sure Lalo would shoot Kim and then Mike would shoot Lalo.. Or that Mike would go to take a shot at Lalo and take out Kim.
No way Gus keeps Mike on after their last interaction, if Mike brings down that kind of heat on Gus.  Remember, Gus said that if anything happened to Lalo north of the border it would come back to him.

Nacho should have taken out Lalo the minute he found the car.  Lalo was going to let him just drop him and leave anyway.  Who's to say he didn't leave Lalo at the well and Lalo was taken out by the Columbians?

I know I can't be the only one watching that last scene that was thinking "Well, now we know what happens to Kim".. :oldunsure:  

Thought for sure Lalo would shoot Kim and then Mike would shoot Lalo.. Or that Mike would go to take a shot at Lalo and take out Kim.
No way Gus keeps Mike on after their last interaction, if Mike brings down that kind of heat on Gus.  Remember, Gus said that if anything happened to Lalo north of the border it would come back to him.
Well, Mike wasn't up there with the crosshairs on Lalo just to watch.. Had Lalo pulled the gun I think Mike's taking the shot to save Saul.. :shrug:  

Well, Mike wasn't up there with the crosshairs on Lalo just to watch.. Had Lalo pulled the gun I think Mike's taking the shot to save Saul.. :shrug:  
I agree, that's what he was ready to do.  I'm just saying, from a meta perspective, that if that had gone down that way he wouldn't have still been with Gus come Breaking Bad timeframe.

I agree, that's what he was ready to do.  I'm just saying, from a meta perspective, that if that had gone down that way he wouldn't have still been with Gus come Breaking Bad timeframe.
well sure.. now.. but during that part... 

Then again.... Saul is needed, Lalo is expendable.. 

so.... Mike takes out Lalo, Saul and he cook up some story blaming Nacho.... Nacho wants out to save his dad so no Nacho, no dad worries.. :mellow:  

Lalo, Nacho and Kim don't get got in this.

They're basically 11 months out from the first season of BB (Lalo mentions that Tuco only has 11 months left on his sentence and when you see Tuco in BB S1....he basically just got out).  JImmy isn't going to be "Saul" if Kim, the love of his life, is killed via a cartel situation.  Her being put in "the game" saves her.

Lalo is mentioned by Saul in BB. By the way that sounded......Lalo wasn't dead yet.  He does die in some way (via Gus in BBS4 telling Hector he is the "last of the Salemancas and the name will die with him"), but by Saul being so scared that it was Lalo taking him out to the desert in BBS2....it sounds like Lalo is still around.

Nacho is mentioned by Saul in that same scene.  Saul throwing Nacho under the bus to save himself from Lalo doesn't jibe with Nacho being dead.

They're basically 11 months out from the first season of BB (Lalo mentions that Tuco only has 11 months left on his sentence and when you see Tuco in BB S1....he basically just got out).
I thought this as well, but then read this in Sepinwall's recap and realized we're still 4 years away:

Lalo tells Hector that Tuco will be a free man again in 11 months. Tuco’s first appearance on Breaking Bad doesn’t say how long it’s been since he got out of prison (which is where Skinny Pete met him), but it’s June 2004 on Saul right now, and Breaking Bad starts in September 2008. So either Tuco was out much longer than it seemed in “Crazy Handful of Nothin'” (where, from Jesse’s perspective, he has only just taken over distribution from the late Krazy-8), or he may have some additional incarceration in his future. But Lalo’s suggestion that someone needs to keep an eye on Tuco provides us with a possible explanation for why Hector is living in squalor with Tuco circa BB Season Two rather than staying in the nursing home. Depending on what happens to Nacho, Hector may be the only trusted person left in the crew by the time Tuco gets paroled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had time to watch since Season 1. Just plowed through S2 to Bad Choice Road. Wow. 

So terrified to find out what happens to Kim, especially after that powerful scene. 

It's so good to have Mike Ehrmantraut back in my life. He was one of the most crushing TV deaths I can remember. 

He didn't but if it wasn't something clear from the show he would probably be told that by none other than Vince Gilligan himself. 
Supposedly we know from a letter Jimmy gets at the beginning that we started in 2002 and a form says that his probation started in January 2003.  Then the events through season 4 and 5 don’t seem to take all that long, relatively speaking.

2004? Did Sepinwall say how he knows that?
He didn't but if it wasn't something clear from the show he would probably be told that by none other than Vince Gilligan himself. 
More timeline details here.

Key piece of info: Jimmy and Kim's marriage certificate says it is May ?, 2004 (possibly 4th or 8th, but hard to read). ("JMM")

More timeline details here.

Key piece of info: Jimmy and Kim's marriage certificate says it is May ?, 2004 (possibly 4th or 8th, but hard to read). ("JMM")
Cell phones also check out.  I definitely had Jimmy's silver phone before stepping it up to a RAZR in the early aughts. 

not sure the Gilligan team has always had the handle on the timeline they're given credit for. they dawdled on Slipping Jimmy/Chuck/Kim but kept pace on the dope biz side. i'm guessin they started Superlab, realized they were no longer matched up and wrote out of that op once they did. 

Major said:
Cell phones also check out.  I definitely had Jimmy's silver phone before stepping it up to a RAZR in the early aughts. 
I get a surprising amount of enjoyment out of the stroll down cell phone memory lane. 

not sure the Gilligan team has always had the handle on the timeline they're given credit for. they dawdled on Slipping Jimmy/Chuck/Kim but kept pace on the dope biz side. i'm guessin they started Superlab, realized they were no longer matched up and wrote out of that op once they did. 
Re-watching the series (I ain't got #### else to do). The show is so impressive for so many reasons, but their ability to adapt and the risks they've taken in doing so are really amazing. 

It seems clear that dawdling on Slipping Jimmy/Chuck/Kim was not the intent. I'd guess a lot of Season 5 was probably originally planned for somewhere around Season 3. But they adjusted,  and didn't give the fans what most would have originally wanted (many seasons full blown Saul), and brought them to an even better place as a result. 

Such a huge risk that paid off. It fits in with their tendency delay gratification for a deeper impact. Sort of the like Kim montage to find Mesa Verde to get out of the cornfield. It felt a little long in the moment, but it led to a much deeper impact when Howard crushed her dreams under that HHM flag. 

I'd love to have roughly 20 seasons of Saul/Kim/Mike dealing with the cartel together, but they took the journey here that will make these next 11 episodes have the maximum impact. 

Users who are viewing this thread