What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In this thread I rank my favorite Beatles songs: 204-1. (10 Viewers)

I have additional breaking news.  Got an email asking if I wanted to do an intro to one of the songs on the “All Together Now 3” countdown they’re starting next Friday.  It’s the top 100 songs voted on by listeners.  I’ll be introducing song #11.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have additional breaking news.  Got an email asking if I wanted to do an intro to one of the songs on the “All Together Now 3” countdown they’re doing starting next Friday.  It’s the top 100 songs voted on by listeners.  I’ll be introducing song #11.
Well then, your Fab Four submission must have made a very good impression on them!

Congrats!

Ima sooooo's 🤗!!!!

I'll go ahead and post the times here but will start a thread later as I know many aren't checking this thread any more.

Tuesday, April 30:  noon PDT

Thursday, May 2:  10 pm PDT

From past experience I know the top 100 countdown gets repeated all weekend, so look out for song #11 all weekend.

Then he said my My Fab Four would be repeated more after the countdown weekend, but i don't have the times.

I'll go ahead and post the times here but will start a thread later as I know many aren't checking this thread any more.

From past experience I know the top 100 countdown gets repeated all weekend, so look out for song #11 all weekend.

Then he said my My Fab Four would be repeated more after the countdown weekend, but i don't have the times.
Serious question, K:

For those of us without Sirius, how do we listen in?

Can we get a cassette recording off your car radio for those of us that don't subscribe to Sirius?

Every time the thread gets bumped by a post, I check :shrug:

You could sign up for a free seven-day trial and then cancel it?

Also perhaps someone could record it, but that won't be me.  I'm not going to listen!

tl;dr

you ARE going to enter the FBG photo lineup dressed like John in SPLHCB, aren't you?

AWESOME (your favs word, I knows) idea!

Then, the rest of us imbeciles can dress as needed (per album cover) and we's be the line-up you try'n to hide in.

I'm game, but need to decided how I will dress...

...at moment, I lean towards Hairdressers’ wax dummy No.1...I look best in red & yellow.
savin some dough & doing a 350lb cannonball as Johnny Weismuller

I'm doing a little thread clean-up of some of my own posts.  Have only edited so far but might have some I hide in their entirety.  Not much - only two in the first 40 pages.  Just warning you here because (1) the thread might get slightly shorter, and (2) I will be messaging a few of you with requests to edit or hide your posts in response to mine.  TIA for your help!

I'm doing a little thread clean-up of some of my own posts.  Have only edited so far but might have some I hide in their entirety.  Not much - only two in the first 40 pages.  Just warning you here because (1) the thread might get slightly shorter, and (2) I will be messaging a few of you with requests to edit or hide your posts in response to mine.  TIA for your help!
not sure I will be able to find all 47 of my screaming goat posts.

not sure I will be able to find all 47 of my screaming goat posts.
The screaming goat posts are a must!  I'm only going to be editing my own words, not anyone else's.  I only am going to ask that you either hide or edit your own quotes of my posts.  This is the rare situation where I'm glad we no longer have automatically nesting posts, so not as many to edit.  I'm almost halfway through and only have a list of four requested edits so far.

The screaming goat posts are a must!  I'm only going to be edited my own words, not anyone else's.  I only am going to ask that you either hide or edit your own quotes of my posts.  This is the rare situation where I'm glad we no longer have automatically nesting posts, so not as many to edit.  I'm almost halfway through and only have a list of four requested edits so far.
Why?

Nothing in here wasnt awesome.

Yup, went double negative. Not erasing it neither.

Okay, okay. I'm game. I should be good to go at 70% capacity for messenger. *sighs*

Can you provide links for the posts we need to delete? The thread is one hundred and twenty-five pages long. 

The XM Beatles channel could be so much better if they eliminated

1.  The chick with the british accent 

2. "Speaking words of wisdom" spots - these are beyond stupid

3. "My Fab Four" segments.  I don't care what Joe Blow, or Mary Schmoes 4 favorite Beatles songs are

4. A LOT more Beatles solo stuff and songs by artists they collaborated with.

In fact a lot less interruptions.   This is a BIG pet peeve I have of XM in general.  I can't stand the fake 70s & 80s spots on those stations, the record scratch intros on the Vinyl channel, etc.  It's not clever and no one is paying to hear that crap.  Just play non-interrupted music.

/rant
Just bumping this one while I'm here.

I have additional breaking news.  Got an email asking if I wanted to do an intro to one of the songs on the “All Together Now 3” countdown they’re starting next Friday.  It’s the top 100 songs voted on by listeners.  I’ll be introducing song #11.
I did my recording and listened back; thought it sounded a little low energy.  I had to follow their script this time rather than winging it.  Also the #11 Beatles Channel listeners song is not in my top 30.  Sent to the guy anyway and told him I'd redo it if necessary, and he responded that it was "perfect."  Yay me.

I did my recording and listened back; thought it sounded a little low energy.  I had their script I had to follow this time rather than winging it.  Also the #11 Beatles Channel listeners song is not in my top 30.  Sent to the guy anyway and told him I'd redo it if necessary, and he responded that it was "perfect."  Yay me.
You're a natural.

Nothing but love, my friend.  I've already sent PMs to people from whom I've requested edits.  There aren't many.  
Thanks, bud. Good on you for cleaning this up for more readers, if that's what the impetus is. Best to you. Great thread. Should be read by many. 

I did my recording and listened back; thought it sounded a little low energy.  I had their script I had to follow this time rather than winging it.  Also the #11 Beatles Channel listeners song is not in my top 30.  Sent to the guy anyway and told him I'd redo it if necessary, and he responded that it was "perfect."  Yay me.
krista loder.  

You could sign up for a free seven-day trial and then cancel it?

Also perhaps someone could record it, but that won't be me.  I'm not going to listen!
I've been thinking about this. I will try to time the 7 day trial in order to catch this, but, do I need a special receiver, or, can I listen online?

If a receiver is needed, I think I have one, but I haven't used it in a long time.

Also, I understand and respect your position, thus, if I can get things to work right, I will record it.

However, I recommend that we find someone else to record as well - just in case - I'm not always reliable in getting success in things like this.

Awesome job with all of this. It’s really impressive 

I've been thinking about this. I will try to time the 7 day trial in order to catch this, but, do I need a special receiver, or, can I listen online?

If a receiver is needed, I think I have one, but I haven't used it in a long time.

Also, I understand and respect your position, thus, if I can get things to work right, I will record it.

However, I recommend that we find someone else to record as well - just in case - I'm not always reliable in getting success in things like this.
Thanks, buddy.  Maybe I could get an IRL friend/family to record.  There is a component where you can listen online - I have that part in addition to listening in my car - but I'm not sure how it works with the seven-day trial.  I'll try to figure it all out tomorrow.

Did I drunkenly post something? What is going on?
I'm sure you did, though I'm not sure if it's relevant to this thread.  And I don't know.

I think I just figured out what was going on. Are you doing a countdown for the show on Sirius/XM or something like it (some other station)? If so, wow. That's awesome. Congrats! 

And I was willing just to clean up for its own sake...

I think I just figured out what was going on. Are you doing a countdown for the show on Sirius/XM or something like it (some other station)? If so, wow. That's awesome. Congrats! 

And I was willing just to clean up for its own sake...
I get the feeling you haven't been reading my posts.  It's OK; no one does.

Have no fear, I'm going to start a new thread sometime today that will put everything in one place.

I get the feeling you haven't been reading my posts.  It's OK; no one does.

Have no fear, I'm going to start a new thread sometime today that will put everything in one place.
I sort of stopped following religiously after the countdown really was over -- like a few weeks. That's why I checked back in during the deluge of lists and said it was good to be in the original again.

So please take no offense; I thought you were going to start a new thread sort of as an adjunct to this one. I think it's very cool you get to do this and already poked around looking into the free trial on Sirius. k4, best of luck with this!

I sort of stopped following religiously after the countdown really was over -- like a few weeks. That's why I checked back in during the deluge of lists and said it was good to be in the original again.

So please take no offense; I thought you were going to start a new thread sort of as an adjunct to this one. I think it's very cool you get to do this and already poked around looking into the free trial on Sirius. k4, best of luck with this!
You know I just needed to work a “no one reads my posts” in there.  I think quite a few people understandably stopped reading after the meat of this was over.

New thread!  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/775513-the-ffa-debut-on-the-beatles-channel-on-siriusxm/

Users who are viewing this thread