What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (2 Viewers)

I wonder if they will run this on Fox & Friends in the morning:

NEW Fox News Poll shows a new high of 51% want Trump impeached & removed from office, another 4% want him impeached but not removed, & 40% oppose impeachment altogether. In July, 42% favored impeachment removal, 5% said impeach but don’t remove him, & 45% opposed impeachment.

It does make you wonder, as the cries for impeachment grow louder, if Trump is not simply paying off favors before he runs out of time...

A few questions I'd like to see addressed:

1.  Lets get the paper trail on the Military Aid Hold.  Why was the aid held up, who was in on those discussions and decisions?  When were those conversations happening - what else was going on in conjunction with clearing the hold.

2.  Where is the full transcript for the July 25 call?

3.  Lets get a full accounting of Rudy Giuliani's interactions with the Ukrainians, and with the State Department.  Lets see those email chains, and text messages.

4.  Lets look at Giuliani's Ukrainian buddies who were pushing deals with the "other" Ukrainian gas company.

5.  What other calls have been placed on the "secure" server?  Lets conduct some oversight (in private if necessary) on those calls.

6.  Lets get a list of White House and State Department Staff who were aware of these allegations - what did they know, when did they know it, and why did they keep quiet?

7.  Lets talk about Turkey - and conduct some oversight into the decision to allow Turkey to invade Northern Syria, and Kurdish controlled areas.  Who was involved in that decision.  Lets take a look at the phone records for Trump on that call.

I wonder if they will run this on Fox & Friends in the morning:

NEW Fox News Poll shows a new high of 51% want Trump impeached & removed from office, another 4% want him impeached but not removed, & 40% oppose impeachment altogether. In July, 42% favored impeachment removal, 5% said impeach but don’t remove him, & 45% opposed impeachment.

It does make you wonder, as the cries for impeachment grow louder, if Trump is not simply paying off favors before he runs out of time...
Shows there a lot of uniformed people out there unfortunately 

Fox also with a story that the military said Trump went totally off the planned script with his phone call to Erdogan and basically gave an ok for the invasion. The Kurds requested air support and Trump ordered us to stand down. Now he’s bragging the terrorists will escape into Europe. At this point how can anyone paint him as anything but a bad actor working against the best interests of the western world?

Last edited by a moderator:
I kept my doctor and my plan.  So did everybody I work with and my entire family.  
ditto
Good for you two.  I had to change doctors, lost plans choices, and saw my rates almost triple.  Oh, my out of pocket max doubled too.  

Won't be getting single payer until we can #### up the insurance for people like you.

eta - Not that this makes any difference in impeachment.

Joe, #1. what do you make of Nate's take on POC Bernie supporters being referred to as residue? #2. Do you think he is able to conduct fair and unbiased polling/reporting taking into account his views?
Sorry. I'm not knowledgeable enough on how Silver sees Bernie supporters to really have much of a take there. I don't Silver at all, but my guess is he's able to manage any personal bias. I'm able to do that with Footballguys and I'm a nobody. Surely he can do that with a site as big as his. 

Thanks for asking @toshiba

I think a few things are in play for me. 

I make my living mostly by being in the business of predicting things. It might be meaningless football stats, but polling and predicting is extremely interesting to me. Silver and the article posted earlier was a source of massive internal discussion among the footballguys staff. It's fascinating stuff and I don't tire of it. It's likely wrong for me to assume others feel the same way. But I'm always interested in hearing another person's concise take on it. 

I'd say there's also a part in play about how "accessible" the board is. I know I can be pretty scarce during football season. I know it's been brought up but I've apparently missed most of the discussions on predicting and polling. I know it may be a fact of life and just part of the deal with having a regular crowd, but I'd love us not to have a board where it's common to have the "already talked about it" response. To new people, that's not welcoming. And I know 1) we dont' have many new people (I think this is one reason why) and 2) the poster in question isn't new.

Even though I may not be around as much, I still usually default to the mode of "board caretaker" and for me that means encouraging good discussion. For me, that means "opening up" discussion. Not shutting down. It's silly I know but I compare the board to a Scrabble board. The posts I love are the equal to a Scrabble word with a ton of good letters that other people can take off with. The posts I don't love are the dismissive ones that shut down discussion. So my default is often to ask for more clarity or to hear what the person thinks. Like I did on this one. 

I know that makes some people see my post (or me) as obtuse or dense. I just trust most people know me well enough to hopefully know that's not (completely) the case.

Sorry for the long answer. But it's important to me. 
I just figured you were researching for and writing a book.

I just figured you were researching for and writing a book.
With the new Fox Poll reporting that 51% of the public want Trump impeached and removed, are you finally willing to admit you were way off in your very confident prediction that the whole country would turn against the Democratic Party if they dared to even start this? 

Quoting this for future when it will be cool for me to call a Dem President a traitor and piece of garbage.  
If a Dem President ever did the $hit Trump has done, I'll be the first to call them a piece of garbage and traitor. How you can defend Trump is beyond reason. Actually, please defend, with a logical argument some of the stuff he has done recently. Just try. Bet you can't.

Quoting this for future when it will be cool for me to call a Dem President a traitor and piece of garbage.  
Political party has no bearing on being a traitor.

I'm not certain Trump is one, but I would not be surprised if he were indeed a Russian asset. His actions certainly support that possibility.

Regardless of all that, he certainly should be impeached for putting his personal agenda ahead of America's agenda. He's abusing the power of the office to benefit himself over our 350 million citizens. It doesn't matter what party he is, he needs to go.

Question for those who are still defending him, what would Trump have to do to lose your support? Where are you drawing that line or does that line not actually exist?

Good for you two.  I had to change doctors, lost plans choices, and saw my rates almost triple.  Oh, my out of pocket max doubled too.  

Won't be getting single payer until we can #### up the insurance for people like you.

eta - Not that this makes any difference in impeachment.
No offense but I don’t care about you. Just me...and my 401k.*

*That’s my impression of the die hard Trump supporters.   I actually do care about you ❤️

Political party has no bearing on being a traitor.

I'm not certain Trump is one, but I would not be surprised if he were indeed a Russian asset. His actions certainly support that possibility.

Regardless of all that, he certainly should be impeached for putting his personal agenda ahead of America's agenda. He's abusing the power of the office to benefit himself over our 350 million citizens. It doesn't matter what party he is, he needs to go.

Question for those who are still defending him, what would Trump have to do to lose your support? Where are you drawing that line or does that line not actually exist?
If Trump ever started hurting Americans I would not support him.  However, he is doing a superb job and helping America in so many ways.  He just needs to tone down the Twitter a bit and have some thicker skin.

And I don’t meant traitor in the full legal sense, just a general sense. Again, if you throw your allies under the bus without consulting them or your own military leaders, that being a traitor. I believe in the morals of Christianity and as they go, he’s immoral, selfish and terrible. I stand by what I said. He’s not a good person and not fit to run a country. 

I agree....I wonder how many Trump supporters think the trancript is verbatim( even though it say at the very beginning " it is not") and how many of them think that it did not say "I would like you to do us a favor". I am betting it is over 60%.
Seeing as Trump keeps saying that he's given the transcript (oddly always throwing in that it was done by highly trained transcribers) is probably confusing people.

Users who are viewing this thread