Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Nipsey

Let's play an online poker tournament tonight?

4 minutes ago, Marmalade said:

do people still play?

yep

Got a message this morning from AT&T that "my (disconnection) issue has been rectified". Screwed around a little with play money today and didn't disconnect once. Cautiously optimistic for tonight. Our long national nightmare may be in the rear-view. 🙏

• Like 2

I love to limp in on the blinds with 2-7.  Suited gives me pause.   I've noticed some players value their aces, regardless of kicker.

On June 17th we made some updates to Home Games which give you more options for your tournaments.

However, for about one week prior to the launch of the new update, all tournaments were 'fast' with no option to change this. It was a side-effect of the update, not something we planned on doing intentionally, and we do apologize for this.

With the update, Home Games more closely resemble the regular tournaments on the site, letting you now set up your tourneys with the following options:

BLIND LEVELS

Hyper (3 minutes)
Turbo (5 minutes)
Regular (10 minutes)
Slow (15 minutes)

STARTING CHIP STACKS

LATE REGISTRATION (Automatically linked to the speed selected):

Hyper – 18 minutes
Turbo – 30 minutes
Regular – 60 minutes
Slow – 90 minutes

We hope you enjoy the new changes and your tournaments are able to get back to the regular number of players you were used to.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Regards,

Tyler
Stars Support

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

NL game.... should starting chips be raised from 5k to 10K?

@kutta  @CGRdrJoe  @Nipsey @Don't Noonan   any others chime in please....

I think that would make the Hold 'em game too long and it will run into the Omaha game. I don't think we should mess with it.

1 minute ago, kutta said:

I think that would make the Hold 'em game too long and it will run into the Omaha game. I don't think we should mess with it.

ok, but with all the donks shoving all the time now, there hasn't been a NL game come within 30 minutes of the Omaha game for about 2 weeks now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

ok, but with all the donks shoving all the time now, there hasn't been a NL game come within 30 minutes of the Omaha game for about 2 weeks now.

Is that because we haven't had a good turnout?

Also, with family life and all that BS, it's good to know the time commitment is only a little over an hour for that game.

But honestly, I'm good with anything.

1 minute ago, kutta said:

Is that because we haven't had a good turnout?

Also, with family life and all that BS, it's good to know the time commitment is only a little over an hour for that game.

But honestly, I'm good with anything.

We had 14 two night ago and don't think it made it to Omaha.

The blind structure change sped things up a bit. Ante right away speeding it up.

They need to get rid of the 9-handed table goes to two tables thing until late-registration ends.

• Like 1

I would probably prefer to keep it at 5000 and no rebuy for no limit.  I would like to go back to 10 minute late registration too but it looks like that isn't an option.

11 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

@kutta  @CGRdrJoe @Nipsey @Don't Noonan

Ok, there is an option for a "rebuy" now.  I'm assuming it's in the first 30 minutes.   What do you think?

Sounds fun but it'd be tough to keep track of for the bankers.

29 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

NL game.... should starting chips be raised from 5k to 10K?

@kutta  @CGRdrJoe  @Nipsey @Don't Noonan   any others chime in please....

I've been playing cash games (my preference) on America's Cardroom the past month or so, but if you guys up the starting chip level and/or slowed down the blind/ante increases, I'd be more inclined to play.  The games went too quick IMO.

11 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

I've been playing cash games (my preference) on America's Cardroom the past month or so, but if you guys up the starting chip level and/or slowed down the blind/ante increases, I'd be more inclined to play.  The games went too quick IMO.

that had nothing with you going all in so quick?:D

• Laughing 1

15 minutes ago, Nipsey said:

Sounds fun but it'd be tough to keep track of for the bankers.

We should try it once and see how hard it is.

16 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I would probably prefer to keep it at 5000 and no rebuy for no limit.  I would like to go back to 10 minute late registration too but it looks like that isn't an option.

Can go down to 18 minute late reg, but requires 3 minute levels instead of 5

3 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

that had nothing with you going all in so quick?:D

Eh, I can only count one time I made a bad all-in play in my 7-8 times playin with y'all.  Damn AQ.  Yes, I remember.  :coffee:

I think it's just that my style of play doesn't lend itself to tourney with fast blind/ante increases.  I'm a grinder.  :)  

Still, I like gettin' together with y'all and trying my luck out.  I'll probably check in again.  I've just been having fun (and success) in the cash game format the past month or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Getzlaf15 said:

@kutta  @CGRdrJoe @Nipsey @Don't Noonan

Ok, there is an option for a "rebuy" now.  I'm assuming it's in the first 30 minutes.   What do you think?

There is an option I believe. The antes from the first hand made the nl tourney a hyper turbo 

What if we switch it from turbo to  regular to slow the ante/blind. The current structure sucks and leads to all ins within a half hour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also Friday nights could be set up for 1 rebuy and 1 add on? Just food for thought, I’m out this weekend.

1 hour ago, CGRdrJoe said:

What if we switch it from turbo to  regular to slow the ante/blind. The current structure sucks and leads to all ins within a half hour.

It's on Turbo right now.  Regular would have a 60 minute late reg.

LATE REGISTRATION (Automatically linked to the speed selected):

Hyper – 18 minutes
Turbo – 30 minutes
Regular – 60 minutes
Slow – 90 minutes

I switched tonight to regular so we can test it out.  Does have a 60 minute late reg.  

Also Friday nights could be set up for 1 rebuy and 1 add on? Just food for thought, I’m out this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

I switched tonight to regular so we can test it out.  Does have a 60 minute late reg.  

The levels are 10 minutes long, instead of 5.    The Ante and blind structure s the same as 5 minute levels they changed to.

It's an all-in show and just not much fun

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

It's an all-in show and just not much fun

I've changed the levels from 5 to 10 minutes for tonight

So, who usually wins when BigHands doesn't play?

❤️

Oats

1 minute ago, Otis said:

So, who usually wins when BigHands doesn't play?

❤️

Oats

All of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Late reg is an hour tonight.  Still 30 mins to join

2 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

@Otis

• Laughing 1

11 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

How did it go last night?

1 hour ago, kutta said:

How did it go last night?

Went well.  We ended right at omaha start.   It was like 30 minutes extra before the shoving started.

• Like 1

I honestly lost interest because of the format.  Not much room to play poker with 5k stacks and 5mins blinds.

Local friends are doing the same thing - club on PS with venmo/paypal.  We're playing 20k stacks with 1 rebuy in the first 30mins.  Same 5mins blinds.  Takes about 2hrs to finish and is a lot more fun.  

:2cents: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ned said:

I honestly lost interest because of the format.  Not much room to play poker with 5k stacks and 5mins blinds.

Local friends are doing the same thing - club on PS with venmo/paypal.  We're playing 20k stacks with 1 rebuy in the first 30mins.  Same 5mins blinds.  Takes about 2hrs to finish and is a lot more fun.  

:2cents: 

10 min levels made a big difference last night.  

• Like 1

Let's try for a big game tonight fellas.

Just now, Marmalade said:

So what is the new format?

10 minute levels instead of five.

Just now, Marmalade said:

same 5 k in chips?

yes, was fine last night.

We split 4 ways.  50 each with 20 going back to the person who had to leave for emergency.  

4 minutes ago, Marmalade said:

We split 4 ways.  50 each with 20 going back to the person who had to leave for emergency.  

So the slower blinds made it go a bit to long?

9 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

So the slower blinds made it go a bit to long?

I don't think the blinds made it go long.  We had several people who seemed to disconnect on and off so we had to wait each for the timer to fold them.

10 hours ago, Marmalade said:

I don't think the blinds made it go long.  We had several people who seemed to disconnect on and off so we had to wait each for the timer to fold them.

Thanks. I keep wanting to get in on this and happened to check in and watch a bit last night, about 90 min in. There were still five in it and no one really short stacked. That's a bit long for me.

1 hour ago, DallasDMac said:

Thanks. I keep wanting to get in on this and happened to check in and watch a bit last night, about 90 min in. There were still five in it and no one really short stacked. That's a bit long for me.

It's usually done in 90 minutes

Any way we can change the Omaha blinds? Seems like an all-in fest right when it gets to the money. Are the blinds on fast?