What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Preseason Game Observations (2 Viewers)

Skrine had him on one of the long receptions. He actually had excellent coverage but Robinson was too big and strong and the ball was placed perfectly.
Agreed. Bortles-AR15 is a great combo. I expect big things outta those 2.

Seriously considering moving ar15 above dez and Aj in the rankings.  Is that sane?
I think it's a matter of preference....he finished 4th last year with 80-1400-14...he's terrific and don't see a real reason why his situation should materially change.  Ya, his TD production may drop a bit as that tends to have variability but he is the best red zone target and with his skill set he's going to get those long, game breaking td's as well.  

Hopkins too.  Thinking odb, brown, and Julio are the only ones above him
Honestly while it's risky based on lack of a track record (and a potentially better JAX defense), I don't have any issues with some one taking Robinson over all but the "big 3" WRs - and would it be shocking to see him crack the top 3?

Honestly while it's risky based on lack of a track record (and a potentially better JAX defense), I don't have any issues with some one taking Robinson over all but the "big 3" WRs - and would it be shocking to see him crack the top 3?
No it would not 

Their longest play should have been a td but bottles made a bad throw

https://twitter.com/pff_steve/status/764134174278246401
Bortles is gonna make a lot of bad throws this year.  But it's nice to have a guy like Robinson that gives you a good chance to turn a ####ty throw into a reception.  

Personally, I like Dez and AJ Green more than ARob this year, despite the hype in the last dozen posts.  QB play is one of the big issues for me.  But there's no denying that Robinson is really good at the football thing.

Andre Williams not looking like a total dumpster fire early. Is it just me or does he look significantly lighter this year than in the past?

Edit: did some googling, sounds like he lost about 12 lbs since last season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ajayi nearly caused a turnover by bouncing a pass off his hands. Bailed out by the LB's toe being over the sideline.

Terrelle Pryor scorches the CB deep for a huge gain, almost overthrown by RG3, but Pryor stretched out for it and got the completion.

Pryor also with a good adjustment on a short ball that was quite low.

RG3 throws a pick in the redzone, but hard to tell if that was completely his fault. Barnidge never looked for the ball or made any sort of play for it.

Hopkins too.  Thinking odb, brown, and Julio are the only ones above him
Agree on hopkins.  Guy is just unbelievable especially considering the garbage qbs he's worked with the last two years.  Osweiler is a definite upgrade.  

WTF happened to Yahoo Sports?

It was my go-to for following games stats, but it's now incomprehensible.
Why are every one of these site's upgrades just complete monstrosities?

nfl.com. yahoo, cbssports.  They were all much better 5 years ago than they are now.

Ajayi hands of stone. Looked totally inept as a receiver. Door appears wide open for Foster.
And Damien Williams. Don't sleep on him. He looked great....yeah yeah pre-season and all that. Fact is...he can run and catch and I don't expect Foster to stay healthy anymore.

I love how Leonte Carroo looks. This kid may end up being their best WR long term. Seriously looks like a real deal NFL WR. The longer DeVante sits out.....the more chances he is going to get to crack the lineup as a rookie. Parker has too many injuries already....kid has not stayed on the field and off the trainers table.

Watching the Raiders-Cardinals replay... Derek Carr is not accurate at all.  

Also, obviously it's preseason in week 1, but there's way too much Chris Johnson happening in the first two series for me to be super excited about David Johnson in the first round.

80-1,400-14 last season - lets not act like this is discussion it based strictly off of three preseason catches.
The Kool-Aid tastes good to me. AR15 doesn't even turn 23 until later this month. There have only been 6 seasons where a WR 22 or younger has scored more than 200 standard fantasy points. 

80 1400 14  AR15

91 1305 12   OBJ

87 1646 9   Josh Gordon

103 1409 10  Larry Fitzgerald

80 1413 11  Randy Moss

69 1313 17   Randy Moss

The Kool-Aid tastes good to me. AR15 doesn't even turn 23 until later this month. There have only been 6 seasons where a WR has scored more than 200 standard fantasy points. 

80 1400 14  AR15

91 1305 12   OBJ

87 1646 9   Josh Gordon

103 1409 10  Larry Fitzgerald

80 1413 11  Randy Moss

69 1313 17   Randy Moss
What time frame are you looking at? That's definitely missing some Rice. 

Ah gotcha. That's some real good company. 
No doubt, even more amazing is OBJ did that in 12 games and Gordon in 14. I know guys like Marshall or AJ have more established track records, but to be 22 and post 1400 and 14 can't be over looked. That's not a fluke IMO. That is a player who has a Larry Fitzgerald like career ahead of him. 

Isnt that just like football?? Everyone gives up on cmike. Rawls struggling to get healthy and cmike finally does something?? 

Goes to show ya that ya never really know in this hobby. 

The Rams and Eagles are idiots for trading away so much to get Goff and Wentz when Dak was available in the 4th. Dak looks like he is ready to start from week 1. QB of the future for Dallas. 

Also, Dez is back. Physically dominant, taking jumpballs away from corners and toe tapping on the sidelines. Draft him in the 1st round with confidence. 

Ilov80s said:
The Rams and Eagles are idiots for trading away so much to get Goff and Wentz when Dak was available in the 4th. Dak looks like he is ready to start from week 1. QB of the future for Dallas. 
It's weird the reports on Dak were pretty negative until the Blue/White game, recently. Clearly he benefited from playing with the 1st team OL and WR. The pocket was pretty clean for him all night, and one of his negatives from the scouting community was handling a rush. He did show timing and accuracy though, which I don't think you can say for Wentz who seemed to sail half his passes high. Cardale and Trevone Boykin also showed well. 

Juzaba said:
Watching the Raiders-Cardinals replay... Derek Carr is not accurate at all.  

Also, obviously it's preseason in week 1, but there's way too much Chris Johnson happening in the first two series for me to be super excited about David Johnson in the first round.
Really? Cooper alligator armed one pass and didn't get his 2nd foot down on the other which he clearly could have if he would have gave it more effort.  Both of those passes should have been completed if Cooper focuses more....

Users who are viewing this thread