What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 Mid-Year Song Draft - Round 12 Tuesday (1 Viewer)

One last offering in honor of this excellent endeavor.  I think this song properly surmises my sentiment about this unbelievable, super cool, outrageous and amazing playlist we've created.

This might not be to everyone's taste, but it checks all the boxes for me.

X - From a movie soundtrack
X - Related in some fashion to Legos
X - Involved Beck
X - Involved The Lonely Island
X - Humorously references film credits

It's got it all.  Without further adieu...

Bonus - Super Cool by Beck feat. Robyn & The Lonely Island

Thank you to everyone who particpated!

J

Way behind listening. Below is the best Earth Wind and Fire song in 40 years. Philip Baily covers Curtis Mayfield over some... good music.

Philip Baily - Billy Jack 

10? only five to go? 😢
This one sounds so much like Curtis Mayfield in both the groove, falsetto vocals and phrasing. Had no idea who this guy was but now I want to dig into Earth Wind and Fire, never really explored them at all. Thanks for the pick!

I know, but still ;)

ETA: I avoided my favorite Jade Bird and FIDLR songs because of when the singles dropped.
I did the same for alcohol and a couple of fontaines DC tunes (one of which I took in last year's draft).

But I'm a self-avowed hypocrite

and I neglected to take any Lizzo. juice may be overplayed, but still a great- feels like timeless- tune. has a bunch off that album that could/should have been selected here.

lizzo's tiny ### desk performance is pretty fantastic.

also wishing I had drafted These New South Whales first release in a couple years, nerve 2 reverse.

I never got through their mockumentary webisodes w comedy central... but the ones I watched were funny. 

Still shuffling the list in bursts.  It's cool to listen to stuff that's outside my sweetspot.

I'm out on the football league.  I'll be traveling to the Northwoods next week and I don't follow the NFL enough to wing it.

Oh yeah, guess so. Well we had 16 teams so there is room to lose a couple I suppose. Funny because I thought he was the one who brought up here in the first place. Anyway, I am in if we do it and MoCS said he would like to join this year. 
You're right -- he did bring it up, but I saw the thread bumped and was just reading that quote as you were asking. I'm sure there are people that will drop out and that will sign up, too. Shouldn't be too hard of a draft to fill. We generally wind up with plenty of people for the music drafts and this one was a bit popular to read last time so I'm sure there are people willing.

Last edited by a moderator:
N-Side would be my pick from Lacy’s album for me too. It was overall a bit of a disappointment after that fantastic Internet record from last year though.
it was between that and acai bowl from diominic fike, so i like the pick. agree the album is a bit of a disappointment but the future is bright.

####, this post was supposed to be for here: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/782356-2019-end-of-year-song-draft-sign-up-today-start-tomorrow/

The @'s don't copy paste, so jump in that thread if you're interested in the end of year song draft.

Paging Mid-Year Draft Participants: @Chaos Commish @D_House @Eephus @El Floppo @hagmania @Ilov80s @JZilla @Long Ball Larry @steelcitysledgehammers @The Dreaded Marco

2018 Album Poll Participants: @ericttspikes @E-Z Glider @Buckfast 1 @landrys hat @mphtrilogy @Fiddles @Nick Vermeil @Steve Tasker

Other past drafters: @rockaction @simey @dal_boys_phan @kupcho1 @Workhorse @Bogart  @AhrnCityPahnder @shuke 

2019 Music Thread Regulars: @Nigel Tufnel @Good Posting Judge @Brony @wazoo11 

And anyone else I may have missed. 

I'm slammed time-wise and I've listened to nothing but Eminem for the last year and a half so prob not the best candidate for this.
Was it every endtro or intro to every NFL licensing product commercial and was, indeed, the champ there?

As for me, I've been listening to nothing but Avail and Jawbreaker, so I'll decline the thoughtful invite, thanks.

(I lie. I haven't been listening to Avail, just everything new is without it to me. Besides Lizzo. Love that Wal-Mart song and knew who it was before I knew who it was.)

Users who are viewing this thread