What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 FBG Subscriber Contest is ON - Update - 1st place is $10k + $5k to food bank of their choice (1 Viewer)

I'm really curious what the initial cut line will be after the 1pm games (assuming they even post an update). Last week we didn't get any scores until after the 4pm games were finished, and that did not come until the 8pm game was in overtime.

I'm sitting at 133.75 right now but with only Tonyan -5.90, Goedert -5.90, Dillon -11.30, and Carr -23.45 left to go.

Not looking like my score has much chance to advance a lot further. Probably only Goedert has a realistic chance of bumping me up much higher....

Last edited:
120.10 with Dillon counting for a flex score. Still have all of either Goedert, Kittle in TE (plus maybe a flex) and Palmer who could still count. I hope it is a low cutline...

I'm going with a cut line between 97 and 103.

Not sure what's up with the scoring updates being so delayed the past 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Week 10 - 193.40

No players left.

Edit. I do have Mitchell if he can somehow get more than 14.5 behind McCaffrey.

Last edited:
Oh Crap!

Cut line is 130.10

Looks like I'm in big trouble....

Well, it's down to Dallas Goedert on Monday night as my best last chance.
I'm 4.60 above the cut line with Goedert - 5.90 as my last chance.

The final cut line probably settles somehere around 140 this week.
If Goedert scores more than 12 points, I might squeak by for one more week... or I might just miss.

Last edited:
Yea, I'm out. At 115 with just Miles Sanders left. It's been a fun ride, and week 10 ain't too shabby for my first time with this contest!

141.6 with only Goedert (-5.9) left. The cut could and probably will get above my score so I’ll feel good if I can get 6 for 50 out of Goedert.

Regardless, I’m stoked to still be around with my rag bunch of misfits! Having no kicker and Andrews out was going to make this week brutal.

Thanks to Mostert, Wilson, and Pierce for making my RB stable actually formidable this week. Thanks to St. brown for being a PPR stud. Thanks to Pickens for channeling his inner RB and the biggest thanks to Josh Allen for granting Vikings D a ton of points after when I thought the game was over.

11.7 over the cutline. I can’t imagine the Niners are going to better the Vikes 14. Still have B Rob and Goedert (8.80, 9.50). Sweating tomorrow for sure. Hoping the ridiculously high scores by some of today’s players means we won’t get a lot of movement.

11.7 over the cutline. I can’t imagine the Niners are going to better the Vikes 14. Still have B Rob and Goedert (8.80, 9.50). Sweating tomorrow for sure. Hoping the ridiculously high scores by some of today’s players means we won’t get a lot of movement.
Vikings scored 16. 2 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries, 2 INTs and a TD.

Vikings scored 16. 2 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries, 2 INTs and a TD.
Thanks for the correction. Even less likely. :)

Well, as I am +20 on the cut line, I have no more bullets in the chamber. If MNF gives high scoring & high ownership effect, it will be close.
Projections of where the cut will end up this week? Philly & Wash —> Hurts, Sanders, AJB, DeVonte, Goedert, and maybe Samuel & plus McLaurin
Currently 130.15
I estimate 138.25

Well, as I am +20 on the cut line, I have no more bullets in the chamber. If MNF gives high scoring & high ownership effect, it will be close.
Projections of where the cut will end up this week? Philly & Wash —> Hurts, Sanders, AJB, DeVonte, Goedert, and maybe Samuel & plus McLaurin
Currently 130.15
I estimate 138.25
The line also got a 3-point pump from last night's games. So your number may be 141.

Currently 130.15
I estimate 138.25
It's actually 133.5. Your number was the cut prior to last nights game. Good thing is it didn't even move 3.5 points.

The Turk is knocking on doors and I can hear him moving in the hallway:

Currently 128.30 and only D. Goedert left to go, if he can best 3.60 he will count but I need 5.20 to just catch up to the current cutline which is a moving target....I'm thinking I need 10-12 points from him to be safe....

Player ownership >100 tonight:

Hurts - 421
Smith - 95 (close enough)
Brown - 191
Goedert - 471
Eagles - 162

Robinson - 150
McLaurin - 125
Dotson - 95 (close enough)

Big games from Hurts and Goedert would be the only reason the cut line moves more than a few points.

Last edited:
Been entering this contest well over 10 years now.. Think I made it to week 12 or 13 once. Last season was my earliest exit ever (week 2).. So, to still be comfortably alive headed into week 11 feels awesome rn! PS- I'm the only entry left with Cade York and Jameson Williams :coffee:

Player ownership >100 tonight:

Hurts - 421
Smith - 95 (close enough)
Brown - 191
Goedert - 471
Eagles - 162

Robinson - 150
McLaurin - 125
Dotson - 95 (close enough)

Hurts (421) is the one that scares me. I'm only 1.20 above the current cut line with Goedert -5.90 and Dotson -12.60 left to go. Dotson getting more than 12.60 is probably a pipe dream. I think I need 12+ out of Goedert, and likely a bit more, to even have a chance. Goedert at 12 would put me just 7.30 above the current cut line, and might not be enough. If Hurts goes off big tonight, the cut line could move a lot with that many owners and so few live teams left in the contest. For all of us Goedert owners, don't forget that if he has a big night, Hurts will have also had a pretty big night. I think I need 15 from Goedert just to feel like I have a decent chance, because if he scores a lot, he will also move the cut line further.

Looking at the math.... Hurts is owned by 23.3% of the remaining live teams, and Goedert is owned by 26.1% of the remaining live teams. Those are huge numbers. I fear this could be the week that we see the largest cut line jump yet on a Monday night. I might be looking in from the outside in week 11.

Good luck, Guys.... @Irelad , @Dacomish , @BroncosFan07 , @Balco and I are going to need it. @Army Eye, and @Church of Iggy Pop are probably safe.

Also tracking 2 FootballGuys Staff that are under the cutline by 10.35 and 12.55 points: Pasquino and Woodrow... Woodrow has 5 players left but the only promising one is Goedert -2.30
Pasquino has Eagles D-5.00 and Sanders -7.00

For the people I mentioned above, I've got everyone's remaining players and minus values in a spreadsheet so I can track their accumulating scores in real time tonight during the game. I'll likely do that and try to see what's going on as the game unfolds. Last time I did it, I posted updated real-time team scores after some of the major scoring plays when it resulted in any of us getting increases in our score.

Last edited:
FWIW, my ghost entry (elim week 8 by <1 point) would have survived last week (153.05) and this week (177.15)

@Puppies Those are pretty large percentages for the live teams... curious if we have like a top 10 of the highest-owned players amongst remaining live teams (and % is more interesting than raw #)

128.25 with Goedert - 5.8 and AJ Brown - 9.6. Going to be sweating this one out.

I whiffed at WR spending a combined $28 on Renfrow and Elijah Moore. And made the dumb mistake of thinking Jeudy would be healthy. Basically have 3 receivers that play - AJ Brown, Jaylen Waddle and Isaiah McKenzie.

FWIW, my ghost entry (elim week 8 by <1 point) would have survived last week (153.05) and this week (177.15)

@Puppies Those are pretty large percentages for the live teams... curious if we have like a top 10 of the highest-owned players amongst remaining live teams (and % is more interesting than raw #)
1. Dameon Pierce - 77.7%
2. Rodrigo Blankenship - 50.1%
3. George Pickens - 40.4%
4. Rhamondre Stevenson - 37.7%
5. Courtland Sutton - 29.6%
6. Saquon Barkley - 27.4%
7. 49ers DEF - 26.2%
8. Dallas Goedert - 26.1%
8. JuJu Smith-Schuster - 26.1%
10. Romeo Doubs - 25.7%

May have missed someone.

There are 52 teams with all of the top 5.

Last edited:

1. Dameon Pierce - 77.7%
2. Rodrigo Blankenship - 50.1%
3. George Pickens - 40.4%
4. Rhamondre Stevenson - 37.7%
5. Courtland Sutton - 29.6%
6. Saquon Barkley - 27.4%
7. 49ers DEF - 26.2%
8. Dallas Goedert - 26.1%
8. JuJu Smith-Schuster - 26.1%
10. Romeo Doubs - 25.7%

May have missed someone.

There are 52 teams with all of the top 5.
Should I be proud or ashamed that I'm one of those 52 and have 2 of the other 5?

Based on the wisdom of the crowds and some common sense along with $250 cap, here's the most un-unique lineup

QB: Carr, Cousins
RB: Pierce, Stevenson, Edmonds, Barkley
WR: Sutton, Pickens, JuJu, Doubs, ASB, McKenize, Palmer
TE: Goedert, Pitts, Hill
K: Blankenship, McPherson, Tucker
D: SF, GB, Balt

Cousins 23
Pierce 13, Barkley 23
Pickens 16, ASB 22
Goedert
McKenize 10, Sutton 13
GB 6

126 plus Goedert.

@TheWinz Do you have the original kicker percentage list? I should have pivoted from lower owned of Tucker/McPherson because I didn't check for bye conflict there.

So it looks like Hurts and Goedert are the big line movers tonight and at least a few of us are riding Goedert only. I took a stab at looking at a small sample size of Hurts owners to see how it could impact the line. For those that use the analyzer, am I missing something? When I click to locate the teams that own Hurts, it shows 400+ however the actual teams listed below that are only on one page and only include about 20-25 of the 400+. How do I see the rest of the info?

Anyway, I chose the first 15 Hurts owners and was pleased to see that 8 of the 15 already have more than 155 points so they have no impact on the cut. If the small sample size was a representation of the full 400+, it would mean that only about 200 Hurts owners could impact the line.

Of the remaining 7, 4 of the 7 are currently above the cut line but not by much.

Crazed Dogs - Currently at 142 - He has Hurts (-24.6) so he'll most likely get in the upper 140's and be clear of the cut
Mooseman8 - Currently at 139 - He has Hurts (-24.6) so with a 30 point Hurts effort, he'll move to 145
PendulousManBoob - 136 - He counts 100% of Hurts so he'll fly past 150+
100319 - 135 - Hurts -26.9 and Goedert -7.5. Just an okay day for Hurts/Goedert, and he probably ends up at around 140. Could easily fly up to 150+
100366 - 129 - Hurts -23.9 so with a 30 point Hurts effort, he jumps to 136 and is probably missing the cut. A 40 point Hurts effort and he's probably save at 146
The Pigs - 124 - Hurts counting 100% and Goedert -13.2. He should easily get past 145
Jon Snow - 93.7 - Hurts counting 100% and AJ Brown - 9.9. He probably needs a 40 point Hurts effort and assuming that means AJ Brown comes along with him

Conclusion - using the small sample size, 53% of the Hurts owners won't impact the cut and additional 26% are already above the cut and will most likely surpass 140 with just an okay day by Hurts. With a great day, they fly by 140. 20% of the Hurts owners are below the current cut line and a 30 point effort probably means that 2 of the 3 miss the cut. I think Hurts needs to have closer to a 40 point day in order to move the cutline by more than a few points. Nearly half of the Hurts ownes have Hurts paired with a Tua, Carr, Cousins, Fields, or Prescott so not a lot of space to move up and I estimate only about 20% will count 100% of Hurts. I predict that with a 30 point Hurts effort, the cut hits about 137-139. With a 40 point effort, the cut is almost assuredly above 140 and could hit 145 easily if Brown and Goedert go 20+ with him.

I feel much safer knowing that Hurts can't move the line too much even with a big outing! I'd feel very safe at 145 and a little nervous at 140.

@TheWinz Do you have the original kicker percentage list? I should have pivoted from lower owned of Tucker/McPherson because I didn't check for bye conflict there.
Here it is...

NamePriceTeamOwners
Rodrigo Blankenship
3​
IND
5675​
Evan McPherson
6​
CIN
1218​
Justin Tucker
7​
BAL
1180​
Austin Seibert
3​
DET
1165​
Mason Crosby
4​
GB
1075​
Younghoe Koo
4​
ATL
1067​
Brandon McManus
5​
DEN
1030​
Graham Gano
3​
NYG
1014​
Dustin Hopkins
5​
LAC
983​
Greg Zuerlein
3​
NYJ
898​
Ka'imi Fairbairn
3​
HOU
869​
Chris Boswell
4​
PIT
834​
Greg Joseph
5​
MIN
764​
Daniel Carlson
6​
LV
759​
Matt Prater
5​
ARI
727​
Harrison Butker
7​
KC
597​
Wil Lutz
5​
NO
593​
Tyler Bass
7​
BUF
556​
Randy Bullock
4​
TEN
535​
Jake Elliott
5​
PHI
476​
Matt Gay
6​
LAR
454​
Nick Folk
5​
NE
447​
Cade York
4​
CLE
436​
Zane Gonzalez
3​
CAR
431​
Cairo Santos
3​
CHI
427​
Robbie Gould
5​
SF
414​
Ryan Succop
6​
TB
355​
Brett Maher
5​
DAL
338​
Jason Sanders
5​
MIA
258​
Jason Myers
4​
SEA
242​
Joey Slye
4​
WAS
72​
Ryan Santoso
3​
JAC
41​

Yea, I'm out. At 115 with just Miles Sanders left. It's been a fun ride, and week 10 ain't too shabby for my first time with this contest!
@Irelad
Looking at your roster, you also have the Washington Defense - 4.00. ( I know; not much help...)

Long shot... But if they get a few turnovers and a pick-6 and, and Sanders has a big night, you might pull a rabbit out of the hat....

You probalby need 25 tonight to have a chance

Last edited:
Happy Monday! Been a lurker for a while, but with the excitement of not being dead yet (despite my suspect team) in this year's contest, I thought I'd keep tabs on this forum and post a bit.

My QB trio of Cousins/Mayfield/Winston survived Cousins' bye week with no QB counting, and Baker is now returning from the ashes to start next week. Here's to Winston hopefully getting the starting nod this week as well to round it out, since Dalton has been a dumpster fire...

I love data/analysis (part of my day job too) and noticed the Kicker distribution data just posted by TheWinz (thanks for posting). This brought up a question in my mind, and I'm interested to get others' thoughts, or even analysis to prove one way or another.

What is the most consistently optimal K strategy: (a) Two premium Ks, (b) Three cheap $3 Ks on three separate bye weeks, or (c) something else?

I have always done (b). Season totals with premium Ks may surpass other individual $3 options, but from a best ball perspective, especially considering the randomness of big K games, plus the advantage of spreading out 3 separate bye weeks, three value Ks seem to be the way to go. But data could prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Safe this week…173 and change and I also have Hurts…

TE position and Cole Kmet the last few weeks has kept me safe from Turk. But Ertz went down yesterday, Njoku is still not back from injury and huge days for Kmet continue?? not to sure I can rest on that statement. Need Swift back healthy and at least Njoku or Ertz back healthy to feel half way decent about getting through week 11.

Reports are that Eno Benjamin is being cut by AZ. It would be nice to see him get picked up elsewhere, but even if he doesn't, as a $3 lotto ticket he served his purpose, helping me get through the Henry/Chubb/Pierce bye weeks.

Happy Monday! Been a lurker for a while, but with the excitement of not being dead yet (despite my suspect team) in this year's contest, I thought I'd keep tabs on this forum and post a bit.

My QB trio of Cousins/Mayfield/Winston survived Cousins' bye week with no QB counting, and Baker is now returning from the ashes to start next week. Here's to Winston hopefully getting the starting nod this week as well to round it out, since Dalton has been a dumpster fire...

I love data/analysis (part of my day job too) and noticed the Kicker distribution data just posted by TheWinz (thanks for posting). This brought up a question in my mind, and I'm interested to get others' thoughts, or even analysis to prove one way or another.

What is the most consistently optimal K strategy: (a) Two premium Ks, (b) Three cheap $3 Ks on three separate bye weeks, or (c) something else?

I have always done (b). Season totals with premium Ks may surpass other individual $3 options, but from a best ball perspective, especially considering the randomness of big K games, plus the advantage of spreading out 3 separate bye weeks, would seem to be the way to go. But data could prove me wrong.

Thanks for stopping by.
@TheWinz has posted kicker data several times which shows that taken as a whole, the premium kickers seldom finish above the cheap kickers, with very few exceptions. I'm a "3 cheap kicker guy" myself. Just my opinion, but you can roster twice as many cheap kickers for the price of premium kickers. Statistically, they probably at least equal premium kickers in performance, straight up. Consider that if you believe the stat projections in the pre-season, you can easily see that you are paying much more per expected fantasy point when you roster a premium kicker. The other advantage of multiple cheapies vs premium players is ease at navigating bye weeks and injuries. When your premie gets injured, you're done. If you cheapo gets injured, you have a backup. ANY kicker on ANY team is better than no kicker, during bye weeks. Lots of Blankenship owners will likely echo my thoughts on this. :wink:

Last edited:
Safe this week…173 and change and I also have Hurts…

TE position and Cole Kmet the last few weeks has kept me safe from Turk. But Ertz went down yesterday, Njoku is still not back from injury and huge days for Kmet continue?? not to sure I can rest on that statement. Need Swift back healthy and at least Njoku or Ertz back healthy to feel half way decent about getting through week 11.
Ertz out for year :( Had him too and was good value while it lasted.

Reports are that Eno Benjamin is being cut by AZ. It would be nice to see him get picked up elsewhere, but even if he doesn't, as a $3 lotto ticket he served his purpose, helping me get through the Henry/Chubb/Pierce bye weeks.
No doubt he will be pcked up as long as he is healthy (stranger cut) BUT A will he end up somewhere where it will end up mattering and B, and more importantly, will he end up someplace where he wont screw up your roster construction.

I have always done (b). Season totals with premium Ks may surpass other individual $3 options, but from a best ball perspective, especially considering the randomness of big K games, plus the advantage of spreading out 3 separate bye weeks, would seem to be the way to go. But data could prove me wrong.

Thanks for stopping by.
@TheWinz has posted kicker data several times which shows that taken as a whole, the premium kickers seldom finish above the cheap kickers, with very few exceptions. I'm a "3 cheap kicker guy" myself. Just my opinion, but you can roster twice as many cheap kickers for the price of premium kickers. Statistically, they probably at least equal premium kickers in performance, straight up. Consider that if you believe the stat projections in the pre-season, you can easily see that you are paying much more per expected fantasy point when you roster a premium kicker. The other advantage of multiple cheapies vs premium players is ease at navigating bye weeks and injuries. When your premie gets injured, you're done. If you cheapo gets injured, you have a backup. ANY kicker on ANY team is better than no kicker, during bye weeks. Lots of Blankenship owners will likely echo my thoughts on this. :wink:
I think these types of analysis have been done over the years (including more or less kickers) and the optimim number has been proven to be 3 cheap kickers with pretty good job security.

Thanks for stopping by.
I think these types of analysis have been done over the years (including more or less kickers) and the optimim number has been proven to be 3 cheap kickers with pretty good job security.

"with pretty good job security"... Looking at you, Rodrigo... thought he was the safest of my three picks by far.

Thanks for chiming in guys. Your points are the same as my thinking has been.

I do apply the exact same logic to defenses -- three of the best upside defenses for $3 with unique bye weeks. Do you apply the same, or do you feel it's a diff animal?

Given that premiums are so hard to predict from year to year, the cheap kickers seem to win out in this contest. My personal take is go for $3 kickers, but be willing to spend $4 if you don't love the $3s, as they are often sketchy kickers, or on sketchy teams. That extra dollar can go a long way on occasion. And you don't just want to spread their bye weeks but also get guys that don't have byes where you're already weak.

Last edited:
Scoring Update - End of 1st quarter

+0.00 = 115.35 Irelad
+2.30 = 130.55 Balco
+4.50 =132.50 Dacomish
+2.20 = 136.90 Puppies (Me)
+0.00 = 141.80 dbc925
+0.00 = 141.60 BroncosFan07
+15.90 = 162.00 Army Eye
+2.00 = 149.85 ChurchOfIggyPop
+0.00 = 123.15 Pasquino (FBGuys Staff)
+5.80= 126.75 Woodrow (FBGuys Staff)

Last edited:
The B Rob TD gives me another 3.2 points, putting me at 145. I’ll get the rest of his points now. Also, Goedert needs two more before he starts counting for me.

Scoring Update - Halftime

+0.00 = 115.35 Irelad
+2.30 = 130.55 Balco
+4.50 =132.50 Dacomish
+2.20 = 136.90 Puppies (Me)
+3.20 = 145.00 dbc925
+2.20 = 143.80 BroncosFan07
+16.15 = 162.25 Army Eye
+10.30= 131.25 Woodrow (FBGuys Staff)

Last edited:
Scoring Update - End of 3rd Quarter

+0.00 = 115.35 Irelad
+5.30 = 133.55 Balco
+7.50 =135.50 Dacomish
+5.20 = 139.90 Puppies (Me)
+6.70 = 148.50 dbc925
+5.20 = 146.80 BroncosFan07
+18.20 = 164.30 Army Eye
+14.50= 135.45 Woodrow (FBGuys Staff)

Last edited:
Scoring Update - End of 3rd Quarter

+0.00 = 115.35 Irelad
+5.30 = 133.55 Balco
+7.50 =135.50 Dacomish
+5.20 = 139.90 Puppies (Me)
+6.70 = 148.50 dbc925
+0.00 = 141.60 BroncosFan07
+18.20 = 164.30 Army Eye
+14.50= 135.45 Woodrow (FBGuys Staff)

I’ve got Goedert -5.9 so I’ve added 5.2 to my total. I should be at around 146.8 after 3

Thanks for stopping by.

"with pretty good job security"... Looking at you, Rodrigo... thought he was the safest of my three picks by far.

Thanks for chiming in guys. Your points are the same as my thinking has been.

I do apply the exact same logic to defenses -- three of the best upside defenses for $3 with unique bye weeks. Do you apply the same, or do you feel it's a diff animal?
The same....3 cheap defenses. It has worked out great this year for me with Az and Minn being 2 of my 3 defenses.

Seriously? He was good in relief…should get picked up if truly released…

Users who are viewing this thread