What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 FBG Subscriber Contest is ON - Update - 1st place is $10k + $5k to food bank of their choice (1 Viewer)

I was hoping to get a bit more out of Sanders and Pierce last night, though I guess Pierce doesn't matter that much since everyone has him, lol. Goedert had a really big game, I don't know how many people have him, But I expect he is pretty widely owned, so I hope my TEs can keep up with that.

Actually Pierce matters even more when everyone has him. When he does well he puts the teams thin at RB at an advantage, when he does poorly it's the reverse. There are so many dynamics in place when you have a high ownership guy like Pierce. For Pierce owners who aren't bye heavy this week, it would have been better for him to poop the bed because while it hurts them a little, it hurts others more.

Hey everyone! I got cut last week, enjoyed lurking on the thread and seeing others obsess about their team as much as I did. I appreciated the math as well. I learned a lot, as this was my 2nd time playing (I missed the deadline twice). First time was fortunate to have jackson and CMC when they were ridiculous so I've had too small of rosters both times now. Hindsight is what it is, but wish I put more thought into kickers and my midrange dollar picks. Cheers!

Week 8​

QB Derek Carr - $133.95
QB Jameis Winston - $120.00
RB Christian McCaffrey - $3738.60
RB Saquon Barkley - $2613.70
RB Rashaad Penny - $150.00
RB Dameon Pierce - $1012.60
RB Jeff Wilson - $34.50
WR Justin Jefferson - $3515.80
WR Brandon Aiyuk - $1520.10
WR Hunter Renfrow - $151.60
WR Allen Lazard - $120.00
WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling - $100.00
WR Isaiah McKenzie - $68.00
TE Dawson Knox - $1410.00
TE Robert Tonyan - $811.00
TE Taysom Hill - $58.80
PK Rodrigo Blankenship - $30.00
PK Austin Seibert - $30.00
TD Green Bay Packers - $46.00
TD San Francisco 49ers - $42.00
TOTAL131.75
CUT LINE134.85

@QuizGuy66 @apalmer , where do you guys get your FBG projections? I've searched the site but don't find them. Are they based on Subscriber Contest scoring rules? TIA
I created a league in MyFBG with the contest scoring and manually loaded my team. Now every week's projections include that league under the Scoring Options dropdown.
Brilliant!

My "projections" were based on the numbers in your post :grad: though perhaps those were not actual score projections:stirspot:

-QG

@QuizGuy66 @apalmer , where do you guys get your FBG projections? I've searched the site but don't find them. Are they based on Subscriber Contest scoring rules? TIA
I created a league in MyFBG with the contest scoring and manually loaded my team. Now every week's projections include that league under the Scoring Options dropdown.
Brilliant!
Today's projections bump me up a couple points (mostly an increase for Stevenson with news that Harris is unlikely to play). Interestingly, both Goedert and Pierce are bumped up by .1, which we leads me to ask "who is bumping their projections after their games, but not increasing them to their actual scores?"

Brilliant!
Today's projections bump me up a couple points (mostly an increase for Stevenson with news that Harris is unlikely to play). Interestingly, both Goedert and Pierce are bumped up by .1, which we leads me to ask "who is bumping their projections after their games, but not increasing them to their actual scores?"
I don’t think want to bump projections after the player has played, because you want to be able to compare pre-game projections to their actual performance. This lets you see the degree to which the projections are valid… or not.

Brilliant!

My "projections" were based on the numbers in your post :grad: though perhaps those were not actual score projections:stirspot:

-QG
Those were the FBG rankings by position for week 9. :lol: Should have made that clear, my bad.
But I would not mind a score of +200!

Well after morning games I'm at 174, still could get scores from Lockett, Taysom Hill and LJax on MNF. Still can't believe Mixon got 53 points.....

134 after the early games. I had like 108 at halftime--think Josh Allen scored 3 points in the 2nd half and Stevenson, ARSB and Zay Jones weren't much better. Thank goodness for Hockenson's stretch drive scoring. Still have Eno, Henry and JuJu (-0, 9 (for JuJu), and 12.9) and the AZ D (-5).

I’m thinking I’ll currently between 140-145 with only a small chance of improving my score (Titans -5) and assuming Andrews doesn’t play. Feeling decently confident that the cut will be around that or lower due to the byes and major injuries.

Anyone think the Monday game won’t move the cut much? With Bateman, Dobbins, and Andrews out, most of the Baltimore scorers besides Lamar weren’t available to choose. Saints have some key injuries out as well but Kamara remains.

I’m thinking I’ll currently between 140-145 with only a small chance of improving my score (Titans -5) and assuming Andrews doesn’t play. Feeling decently confident that the cut will be around that or lower due to the byes and major injuries.

Anyone think the Monday game won’t move the cut much? With Bateman, Dobbins, and Andrews out, most of the Baltimore scorers besides Lamar weren’t available to choose. Saints have some key injuries out as well but Kamara remai

Without even nowing the 1pm cut line yet, it's difficult to even imagine what 8pm tonight, or the Monday night game might do with the cut line.

I'm sweating it a little this week. I was out of town for a wedding and just got home. Punching stats into my spreadsheet, I'm looking at the mid 120's but with only a couple players left. I just saw that Arizona got a pick 6, just now!! That puts me a little better shape. Hopefully with 6 teams on bye, the cut line won't be too high in spite of Mixon's 5 TDs. I'd feel a lot better if Fournette would put up some points to replace my 7.40 flex score.

Last edited:
Somewhere around 113 with Kelce and J. Myers scores to count in-full. Cardinals defense will jump Vikings with that TD. Metcalf's score will jump Boyd. I'd guess I'll be in the 140-150 range again.

Tuesday Trade News !! (today is the trade deadline)

RB Chase Edmonds MIA (510 teams), traded to Denver Broncos

RB Nyheim Hines IND,
(197 teams) Traded to Buffalo Bills

RB Zack Moss BUF
(187 teams) Traded to Indianapolis Colts

WR Chase Claypool PIT,
(36 teams) traded to Chicago Bears

TE T.J. Hockenson DET
(102 teams) traded to Minnesota Vikings.

I've been out of town, and unable to keep up with the pace of posting here in the thread.
Just had to drop in and note that three of my five RBs were just traded last week.

RB Joe Mixon - $30
RB Aaron Jones - $27
RB Chase Edmonds - $14
RB Nyheim Hines - $13
RB Jeff Wilson - $3

I'm ecstatic for the second chances, as Edmonds had flopped in Miami, and Wilson was torpedoed by the McCaffrey's arrival in SF. Big upgrade in surroundings for Hines as well.

Somewhere around 113 with Kelce and J. Myers scores to count in-full. Cardinals defense will jump Vikings with that TD. Metcalf's score will jump Boyd. I'd guess I'll be in the 140-150 range again.
Totally missed my 2nd flex earlier, was at 122.

Now around 140 with Kelce to go against nothing.

Feels safe.

Ok, I'm reading the tool correctly now. Only 11 teams had the Fields-Mixon combo, so thats not TOO many guaranteed spots taken away from the rest of us to make it to next week, lmao

Just wrapping up a week’s vacation in Miami, Key West, and Boca. No laptop here, so I was at the mercy of the scorekeeper. I was like Schroedinger’s cat. Maybe I was still alive,maybe I wasn’t. Tomorrow is getaway day, so my wife turned in early and I made the mistake of opening the box. After starting with 41+ with Pierce and Goedert Saturday , I’m sitting at about 100, getting Lamar -18, McKinnon and Juju -4.1 and 4.4, all of Bullock, and the Ravens D -5.

Dead cat.

Ghost team is at 178.35 + (JuJu - 1.90) + (Ten - 10.00)
:kicksrock:
Hurts a little more to see Otton explode as I was one an extremely low number of roosters to have him.

Though at least all of the woulda coulda shoulda variations all would have been knocked out last week too :lmao: so at least cannot regret that.
-QG

Based on the wisdom of the crowds and some common sense along with $250 cap, here's the most un-unique lineup

QB: Carr, Cousins
RB: Pierce, Stevenson, Edmonds, Barkley
WR: Sutton, Pickens, JuJu, Doubs, ASB, McKenize, Palmer
TE: Goedert, Pitts, Hill
K: Blankenship, McPherson, Tucker
D: SF, GB, Balt

QB: Cousins 25
RB: Pierce 14, Stevenson 16
WR: Palmer 18, ASB 10
TE: Goedert 28
Flex: Pitts 5 or Hill, JuJu 5+
K: McPherson 6 or Tucker
D: GB 2 or Balt

Currently at 129. Not a great week. Should give you an idea of where the cut might fall.

Team is consistent.

The scariest week left is Jacksonville's BYE in Week 11. I've now survived Jefferson and Chubb on BYE. The most probable week I am eliminated is any of them lol, but this has to be the longest I've lasted in a few years so I'm super excited.

Sitting at 122.65 (Counted 18.8 for Juju) Curious what the cut line is after last night.

I still have Duvernay and Olave counting
One replaces a 0.0 and the other potentially a 3.20

fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread