What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 FBG Subscriber Contest is ON - Update - 1st place is $10k + $5k to food bank of their choice (1 Viewer)

You guys let me know the final
Here we go.

Post your final lineup here by Monday night 9/5 at 11:59 PM ET. And if that exact lineup finishes in the top 250 spots, I'll throw in an additional $100 on top of whatever prize you win.
I'll keep track of this for you, Joe, and will post all the names in here as soon I can see all the lineups. Thanx again.

Great. Please post the final tally of who all made it and links to the posts with their lineups and we'll make sure to get everyone paid up when the contest ends.

Here we go.

Post your final lineup here by Monday night 9/5 at 11:59 PM ET. And if that exact lineup finishes in the top 250 spots, I'll throw in an additional $100 on top of whatever prize you win.
I'll keep track of this for you, Joe, and will post all the names in here as soon I can see all the lineups. Thanx again.

Great. Please post the final tally of who all made it and links to the posts with their lineups and we'll make sure to get everyone paid up when the contest ends.
Going for the extra $100…
Your team has been successfully entered.
QB - Jalen Hurts - PHI/7 - $19
QB - Derek Carr - LV/6 - $13
RB - DAndre Swift - DET/6 - $29
RB - Saquon Barkley - NYG/9 - $26
RB - Dameon Pierce - HOU/6 - $10
RB - Khalil Herbert - CHI/14 - $9
RB - Eno Benjamin - ARI/13 - $6
RB - Jeff Wilson - SF/9 - $3
RB - Zack Moss - BUF/7 - $3
WR - Allen Robinson - LAR/7 - $20
WR - JuJu Smith-Schuster - KC/8 - $15
WR - Allen Lazard - GB/14 - $12
WR - Rondale Moore - ARI/13 - $11
WR - George Pickens - PIT/9 - $6
WR - Josh Palmer - LAC/8 - $6
WR - Isaiah McKenzie - BUF/7 - $6
TE - Zach Ertz - ARI/13 - $15
TE - Cole Kmet - CHI/14 - $14
TE - David Njoku - CLE/9 - $9
PK - Graham Gano - NYG/9 - $3
PK - Austin Seibert - DET/6 - $3
PK - Rodrigo Blankenship - IND/14 - $3
TD - Minnesota Vikings - MIN/7 - $3
TD - Arizona Cardinals - ARI/13 - $3
TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/6 - $3

rzrback77 contest team final entry

QB - Kirk Cousins - MIN/7 - $14
QB - Kenny Pickett - PIT/9 - $3

Yes, I realize that the Cousins/Carr tandem may be popular and also that neither of them has a history of huge games. I do think that their offenses will give them more opportunity to score big in 2022 than in past years. I also like the fairly high floor they offer. Pickett was a very late add, just a little hedge with so few dollars dedicated to the QB position.

RB - Elijah Mitchell - SF/9 - $18
RB - Rhamondre Stevenson - NE/10 - $15
RB - Chase Edmonds - MIA/11 - $14
RB - Kenneth Gainwell - PHI/7 - $11

I tend to go with depth at the running back position and this year is no exception. Several players in the $10 to $18 range that I liked a lot. I had one stud for quite a while, considering Ekeler, Dalvin Cook the most often. Avoided C. Patterson even though he was another that I like to be a value pick, but avoided late round byes, particularly week 14.

WR - Courtland Sutton - DEN/9 - $19
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown - DET/6 - $17
WR - Jahan Dotson - WAS/14 - $9
WR - K.J. Hamler - DEN/9 - $8

There is a lot to like with this eight-man WR roster. I have several that I think will be their team's top targets, an abundance of deep threats and they have several top QBs. I leaned a little to best ball theory with the depth, particularly the bottom five who I see as having boom/bust type games throughout the year.

TE - T.J. Hockenson - DET/6 - $17
TE - Dallas Goedert - PHI/7 - $15
TE - Albert Okwuegbunam - DEN/9 - $9

I like my top two TEs, but really struggled to determine my third. I looked at a lot of cheaper combos to go four deep, but did not like them as well.

PK - Jason Myers - SEA/11 - $4

Meh, three kickers which I see as a necessity and only went with a single $4 choice as I had a dollar left over and could not pick out a DST that I thought improved my team as much as the addition that Myers made. I can see Seattle moving the ball, but not scoring a lot of TDs. Blankenship is my second week 14 bye and Arizona DST below is the only other with a bye week later than week 11.

TD - New York Giants - NYG/9 - $3

Freezing my roster right here, so critique away and see if your comments can force me back to the table.

QB - Trey Lance - SF/9 - $15
QB - Jared Goff - DET/6 - $9
RB - Christian McCaffrey - CAR/13 - $37
WR - Justin Jefferson - MIN/7 - $35
WR - Elijah Moore - NYJ/10 - $13
WR - Jameson Williams - DET/6 - $7
WR - Zay Jones - JAX/11 - $5
WR - WanDale Robinson - NYG/9 - $5
WR - Romeo Doubs - GB/14 - $5
WR - Velus Jones - CHI/14 - $3
TE - George Kittle - SF/9 - $18
TE - Gerald Everett - LAC/8 - $8
TE - Kyle Rudolph - TB/11 - $3
PK - Greg Zuerlein - NYJ/10 - $3
TD - Detroit Lions - DET/6 - $3
@Joe Bryant
I hope I did this correctly for you. The 3 folks above made it to the final 250 with the above rosters, which were all posted before your deadline. Also, another member, @menobrown has won the same $100 prize for being cited in your subscriber contest strategy article. Thanx again for a great contest, and let me know if you need additional info.

Here we go.

Yes, I realize that the Cousins/Carr tandem may be popular and also that neither of them has a history of huge games. I do think that their offenses will give them more opportunity to score big in 2022 than in past years. I also like the fairly high floor they offer. Pickett was a very late add, just a little hedge with so few dollars dedicated to the QB position.

I tend to go with depth at the running back position and this year is no exception. Several players in the $10 to $18 range that I liked a lot. I had one stud for quite a while, considering Ekeler, Dalvin Cook the most often. Avoided C. Patterson even though he was another that I like to be a value pick, but avoided late round byes, particularly week 14.

There is a lot to like with this eight-man WR roster. I have several that I think will be their team's top targets, an abundance of deep threats and they have several top QBs. I leaned a little to best ball theory with the depth, particularly the bottom five who I see as having boom/bust type games throughout the year.

I like my top two TEs, but really struggled to determine my third. I looked at a lot of cheaper combos to go four deep, but did not like them as well.

Meh, three kickers which I see as a necessity and only went with a single $4 choice as I had a dollar left over and could not pick out a DST that I thought improved my team as much as the addition that Myers made. I can see Seattle moving the ball, but not scoring a lot of TDs. Blankenship is my second week 14 bye and Arizona DST below is the only other with a bye week later than week 11.

Freezing my roster right here, so critique away and see if your comments can force me back to the table.

@Joe Bryant
I hope I did this correctly for you. The 3 folks above made it to the final 250 with the above rosters, which were all posted before your deadline. Also, another member, @menobrown has won the same $100 prize for being cited in your subscriber contest strategy article. Thanx again for a great contest, and let me know if you need additional info.

Thanks. Please just remind me when the contest finishes and we'll make sure to get everyone paid up.

Well turns out I was right. I only moved up 1 spot. Doesn't make much difference. Out at 230th place.

* There were 3 teams ahead of you by less than 6 points, that you jumped over and passed in the standings with the correction.

* But there were 34 teams with the Miami Defense, and apparently a couple of them jumped over you. That's why your net gain was only 1 spot.

* Note also that this adjustment moved the cut line up from 136.05 to 136.35

NOTE: This exact same situation did in fact happen back on November 27 (week 12) in the game between Cincinnati and Tennessee.

Although I posted about it, I did not email a complaint or inquiry to FootballGuys because I thought it was past the deadline to report it.
From what I understand, at least one person did report it, but I do not believe they ever responded. May have been past the deadline.
I have not personally heard anything about it either, and the week 12 scoring was not corrected.

Going back and investigating week 12 would be futile. You'd have to look at every individual team's roster and add from some, and subtract from others, then recalculate all the scores and the cut line. If there were an automated program that could handle it, that would be great just to see the effect. But no way you could do it manually.

Here's a link to the game summary, were you can see a descripton of that scoring play, along with others:

https://www.nfl.com/games/bengals-at-titans-2022-reg-12

Last edited:
This whole episode has me thinking. I know there was another one of these scoring discrepancies (exact same scenario) a few weeks ago, that was not caught in time, and no adjustment was made to the final cutline. Wondering if some of those that made the top 225, might have been eliminated if that scoring discrepancy had been caught and forwarded to FBG in time. Any of you analysis whiz pros want to jump on that extra credit homework?

I actually did notify them in time.

QB roster makeup heading into the finals

1 QB - 4 teams (all have Hurts)
2 QB's - 109 teams
3 QB's - 88 teams
4 QB's - 23 teams
5 QB's - 1 team

No team spent less than $19 (Hurts) or more than $51

I do hope they give us the answer so we can apply that to our roster strategy

C’mon….maybe I’m too dense and/or just don’t put enough analysis and deep thought into this contest, but how could this specific scoring detail have any effect at all on your roster strategy? Eager to understand…

C’mon….maybe I’m too dense and/or just don’t put enough analysis and deep thought into this contest, but how could this specific scoring detail have any effect at all on your roster strategy? Eager to understand…
What, you don't factor in stuff like this? I bet you don't take their zodiac signs into account either, do you? :wink:

Here we go.

@Joe Bryant
Thanks again for tracking all this…tons of fun and has a blast following along!

OK, we have tracked down what happened. In week 12, a play was indeed mis-scored. Prior to the reporting deadline, a user did send a message to the help desk, but the help desk agent did not fully understand the report so he requested further clarification. The user didn't respond to the request for clarification, so the report never made it's way up the chain and the error was not corrected.

Ruling: things will stand as they are. We will work to make things better next year.

True, It can't. And you're not saying that out of lack of doing enough analysis. :ponder: Sometimes some of us over-analyze this stuff in jest... :wink:

However, we do need to understand how the scoring works. Although the rules say that the play in question should be scored a certain way, apparently the apparatus that initially calculates the scores does not do that by default. So anytime this situation occurs, I guess a manual correction is necessary, assuming someone notices the incident and properly reports it prior to the deadline.

I believe we all pretty much assume that the scoring system catches and properly scores every football play according to the rules. I've never known it otherwise. So I'm not too surprised that this incident was not questioned by anyone else (especially those happy Treylon Burks owners). If I were not so anal about studying the rules and if my team had gotten that Burks touchdown, I would have probably assumed it must be correct. And I suspect that a lot of people likely do not even realize this is how it is supposed to be scored, so it's no surprise if a rare occurrence like this goes unnoticed. It's likely only when someone who has the team defense in question and realizes that they should have gotten the points for the fumble recovery touchdown, that it's questioned. That does not describe me because I had no dog in the hunt - I had neither Treylon Burks or the Tennessee defense on my roster. I just wanted a clarification in the best interest of teams that might be affected, and because I wanted to verify that my interpretation of this particular rule was correct.

I did not email anyone about how the week 12 Treylon Burks fumble recovery touchdown, because I thought it was past the deadline, and I was not 100% positive I was correctly interpreting the rules. I only posted in this forum , and that's what started the discussion.

Sorry to be so long-winded on this but I did so because I want it to be clear that I was not complaining about anything - I was just hoping for a clarification when I made the orignal post.

Thank you to @Contest Turk and @Joe Bryant for your attenton to these situations.

And thank you for providing such an awesome contest for us, and also for this fourm, where like-minded "football crazies" like us can go to talk about it.

Statistical Trivia - Final Edition (for the 14-week regular season qualifying period)

Overall Survival Rate for the Entire Contest = 1.83%

Highest Survival Rates by Roster Size

28 = 4.07%
= 4.06%
24 = 3.50%
25 = 3.37%
30 = 3.10%

Lowest Survival Rates by Roster Size
18 = 1.19%
19 = 1.23%
22 = 1.79%
21 = 2.02%
20 = 2.16%

Average Cut Line - all 14 weeks = 131.34
Average Cut line - 2 teams on bye = 139.98
Average Cut line - 4 teams on bye = 123.89
Average Cut liine - 6 teams on bye = 131.25

Highest Cut line = 145.10
Week 13 (6 teams on bye)
Lowest Cut Line = 117.00 Week 11 (4 teams on bye)

Average cut line movement for a single Monday Night game = 6.06 points
Highest Movement = 8.35
(week 5; No teams on bye)
Lowest Movement = 2.40 (week 13 - 2 teams on bye)

Crushing the cut line - week 14:
ZWK by 52.85 points

Congrats to Menobrown, Bill Dauterive, Army Eye, and ZWK for advancing to the playoffs!

Congrats also to Wollac, Bamabuddha, Menobrown, and razrback77 for scoring the $100 JoeBryant bonus!

For the rest of us, I'll be posting phantom standings each week of the playoffs to show how our teams would have scored it had we survived.

Last edited:
And we're on to the playoffs!

All of a sudden, running back has become a very treacherous position. Here are the four most highly owned right now:

Dameon Pierce (193/224) - OUT this week, maybe next week also
Rhamondre Stevenson (105/224) - not practicing, likely out this week
Jeff Wilson (77/224) - not practicing, likely out this week, wrong side of RBBC
Saquon Barkley (70/224) - limited last week, having a bad run of games as the Giants come back down to Earth. but he is active this week!

If you made it this far with a running back crew that differed from the majority, then you may be in a great position right now.

Speaking personally, to have any chance at one of the top prizes, I need my (now) very-thin RB corps to hold up their end, and I really need Mark Andrews to become Mark Andrews again. Is that too much to ask? Probably yes, but glad to still be in with a prayer, it's fun!

All of a sudden, running back has become a very treacherous position. Here are the four most highly owned right now:

Saquon Barkley (70/224) - limited last week, having a bad run of games as the Giants come back down to Earth. but he is active this week!

If you made it this far with a running back crew that differed from the majority, then you may be in a great position right now.

Speaking personally, to have any chance at one of the top prizes, I need my (now) very-thin RB corps to hold up their end, and I really need Mark Andrews to become Mark Andrews again. Is that too much to ask? Probably yes, but glad to still be in with a prayer, it's fun!
I'm down to 2 active backs until Pierce is back, so my path is beyond narrow :)

I have two of those, plus Fournette and Singletary, who aren't exactly reliable. Pinning a lot of hopes on McKinnon.

But tonight I'm just enjoying Kittle.

OK, we have tracked down what happened. In week 12, a play was indeed mis-scored. Prior to the reporting deadline, a user did send a message to the help desk, but the help desk agent did not fully understand the report so he requested further clarification. The user didn't respond to the request for clarification, so the report never made it's way up the chain and the error was not corrected.

Ruling: things will stand as they are. We will work to make things better next year.
Just my opinion and I don't have a horse in the race, but I think you should score it both ways just in case. With the drop off in prizes the downside for FBG is a subscription.

I think I was the user who submitted, maybe not. Honestly it shouldn't be on me to monitor an e-mail for clarification. The rules say submit, not submit and monitor for clarification. The e-mail I use for my subscription gets 300+ e-mails a day so I only look at it once every couple of weeks.

Ghost entry which had been "surviving" since it's <1 point elimination in week 8 would have been eliminated in week 14. Probably happier it happened sooner. Had my lowest-scoring K and D/ST weeks of the season, combined with relatively pedestrian performances by Kelce and J Allen. And Kittle waited a week too long to show up again.

204.6 points this week, currently good for 7th place in the standings, less than 20 points from 1st...oh, wait, never mind.

Too bad we’re both out.

I’m sitting on 225.30 , which would have me tied for 1st place,

And this is with 2 RBs, 1 WR, and 2 TEs either on IR or out injured. Ironic that with 6 total players out (counting Blankenship) my rag-tag team puts up 225 points! Crazy.

Gotta love my $5 WR that put up 34.90 points (Zay Jones), and Evan Ingram $9 TE, for 18.20. Derrick Carr also picked a good week to put up 45.00

And... I still have AJ Dillon -8.40, and Tonyan -18.40 left to play. Dillon is the only player with a chance to add to the total.

Of course, none of this matters, but hopefully I get Goedert, Hurst, and Courtland Sutton back next week. Even though I'm out, it would be fun to know if I would have finished in a decent place had I made it to the playoffs.

Last edited:
2 of these players were among the best RB starts of the week, as it turned out.

Phantom Playoff Standings .... (eliminated teams and how they would have placed in playoff week #1)

The second colum shows where your team would place in week 1 of the actual playoffs, had all the teams below made the playoffs.

Entry #
Would Be
Week 1 Score:
TEAM
102,237​
#1​
236.50​
Puppies
110,651​
#3​
224.90​
The Stray Doug
106,956​
#9​
208.20​
Sooted72
105,911​
#11​
205.80​
Bloom - FBG Staff
103,425​
Tied #14​
204.60​
apalmer
103,744​
Tied #28​
198.70​
OpenSourceBeer
102,580​
#34​
196.55​
Stubby
102,952​
Tied #41​
194.20​
Birdie048
101,228​
Tied #41​
194.20​
OleMissRebel
109,042​
#45​
192.90​
Fair Warning
107,844​
Tied #57​
189.30​
Scottybo
100,507​
#66​
187.60​
Gottabesweet
104,228​
#69​
187.10​
Mister CIA Fan
105,179​
#78​
185.80​
Scoobus
100,322​
#79​
185.75​
Balco
110,459​
#87​
183.70​
Nittany Lion
111,877​
#91​
182.60​
Chet
109,793​
#94​
181.70​
dzambo
105,600​
#108​
179.30​
Hagmania
110,998​
#113​
178.10​
Trilliant
106,928​
#119​
177.00​
davidwb
110,577​
#124​
175.90​
Hot Sauce Guy
107,027​
#132​
174.10​
rzrback77
107,499​
#137​
172.75​
ChurchOfIggyPop
104,551​
Tied #148​
169.20​
Ackme
111,887​
#157​
167.80​
ajm25701
112,254​
#160​
166.90​
The Winz
100,276​
#167​
164.00​
Clayton Gray - FBG Staff
103,562​
#171​
163.35​
Maurile Tremblay - Staff
102,876​
#184​
160.45​
Dacomish
107,031​
Tied #196​
158.10​
Monty Burns
106,507​
Tied #196​
158.10​
da_Budman
101,246​
#201​
156.90​
NotSmart
109,989​
#211​
154.70​
RustyColts
100,721​
#214​
153.40​
dbc925
101,049​
#216​
152.40​
Woodrow - FBG Staff
103,384​
#219​
152.00​
QuizGuy66
109,089​
#223​
151.20​
Ruffroddys
109,212​
#227​
149.80​
BroncosFan07
102,827​
#236​
147.10​
Rock Action
102,293​
#241​
146.40​
Pasquino - FBG Staff
101,213​
#245​
143.90​
bamabuddha
101,315​
#252​
140.60​
Dope
108,387​
#258​
137.10​
cStruck
106,496​
Tied #261​
135.65​
Mitchie
107,469​
Tied #261​
135.65​
wollac
103,281​
#263​
134.80​
FormerFourDigit
101,793​
#264​
134.00​
Memphis Foundry - Staff
110,433​
#265​
133.70​
Saint
108,979​
#269​
127.90​
Irelad
103,117​
#270​
127.40​
Baededel Moon
107,102​
#271​
126.90​
Bengalbuck - FBG Staff
103,090​
#273​
125.45​
BassNBrew
106,320​
#276​
118.15​
Twin Turbo

@TheWinz, @apalmer ,@scottybo, @Stray Doug , @sooted72 , @opensourcebeer , @stubby , @Birdie048 ,@FairWarning, @Gottabesweet ,@Mister CIA, @Balco

Last edited:
Phantom Playoff Standings .... (eliminated teams and how they would have placed in playoff week #1)

The second colum shows where your team would place in week 1 of the actual playoffs, had all the teams below made the playoffs.

Entry #
Would Be
Week 1 Score:
TEAM
102,237​
#1​
236.50​
Puppies
110,651​
#3​
224.90​
The Stray Doug
106,956​
#9​
208.20​
Sooted72
105,911​
#11​
205.80​
Bloom - FBG Staff
103,425​
Tied #14​
204.60​
apalmer
103,744​
Tied #28​
198.70​
OpenSourceBeer
102,580​
#34​
196.55​
Stubby
102,952​
Tied #41​
194.20​
Birdie048
101,228​
Tied #41​
194.20​
OleMissRebel
109,042​
#45​
192.90​
Fair Warning
107,844​
Tied #57​
189.30​
Scottybo
100,507​
#66​
187.60​
Gottabesweet
104,228​
#69​
187.10​
Mister CIA Fan
105,179​
#78​
185.80​
Scoobus
100,322​
#79​
185.75​
Balco
110,459​
#87​
183.70​
Nittany Lion
111,877​
#91​
182.60​
Chet
109,793​
#94​
181.70​
dzambo
105,600​
#108​
179.30​
Hagmania
110,998​
#113​
178.10​
Trilliant
106,928​
#119​
177.00​
davidwb
110,577​
#124​
175.90​
Hot Sauce Guy
107,027​
#132​
174.10​
rzrback77
107,499​
#137​
172.75​
ChurchOfIggyPop
104,551​
Tied #148​
169.20​
Ackme
111,887​
#157​
167.80​
ajm25701
112,254​
#160​
166.90​
The Winz
100,276​
#167​
164.00​
Clayton Gray - FBG Staff
103,562​
#171​
163.35​
Maurile Tremblay - Staff
102,876​
#184​
160.45​
Dacomish
107,031​
Tied #196​
158.10​
Monty Burns
106,507​
Tied #196​
158.10​
da_Budman
101,246​
#201​
156.90​
NotSmart
109,989​
#211​
154.70​
RustyColts
100,721​
#214​
153.40​
dbc925
101,049​
#216​
152.40​
Woodrow - FBG Staff
103,384​
#219​
152.00​
QuizGuy66
109,089​
#223​
151.20​
Ruffroddys
109,212​
#227​
149.80​
BroncosFan07
102,827​
#236​
147.10​
Rock Action
102,293​
#241​
146.40​
Pasquino - FBG Staff
101,213​
#245​
143.90​
bamabuddha
101,315​
#252​
140.60​
Dope
108,387​
#258​
137.10​
cStruck
106,496​
Tied #261​
135.65​
Mitchie
107,469​
Tied #261​
135.65​
wollac
103,281​
#263​
134.80​
FormerFourDigit
101,793​
#264​
134.00​
Memphis Foundry - Staff
110,433​
#265​
133.70​
Saint
108,979​
#269​
127.90​
Irelad
103,117​
#270​
127.40​
Baededel Moon
107,102​
#271​
126.90​
Bengalbuck - FBG Staff
103,090​
#273​
125.45​
BassNBrew
106,320​
#276​
118.15​
Twin Turbo

@TheWinz, @apalmer ,@scottybo, @Stray Doug , @sooted72 , @opensourcebeer , @stubby , @Birdie048 ,@FairWarning, @Gottabesweet ,@Mister CIA, @Balco
@TwinTurbo Dang your team stinks.

Once again, congrats to all in the finals. I have tracked contest D's and here is how they finished our 14-week regular season:

NE ($5) - 9.0 PPG
DAL ($7) - 8.6 PPG
PHI ($5) - 7.9 PPG
SF ($4) - 7.4 PPG
BAL ($4) - 7.0 PPG
SEA ($3) - 6.8 PPG
BUF ($7) - 6.5 PPG
ARI ($3) - 6.5 PPG
MIN ($3) - 6.3 PPG
KC ($4) - 6.3 PPG
MIA ($4) - 6.2 PPG
CLE ($5) - 5.9 PPG
WAS ($4) - 5.8 PPG
NYJ ($3) - 5.8 PPG
CAR ($3) - 5.7 PPG
ATL ($3) - 5.5 PPG
JAC ($3) - 5.4 PPG
TB ($6) - 5.2 PPG
DET ($3) - 5.1 PPG
TEN ($3) - 5.0 PPG
PIT ($5) - 5.0 PPG
DEN ($5) - 4.9 PPG
LAC ($6) - 4.9 PPG
HOU ($3) - 4.8 PPG
GB ($4) - 4.6 PPG
NYG ($3) - 4.5 PPG
LV ($4) - 4.4 PPG
IND ($6) - 4.3 PPG
LAR ($6) - 4.2 PPG
NO ($6) - 4.0 PPG
CIN ($5) - 3.9 PPG
CHI ($3) - 3.5 PPG

The Colts were a massive bust for $6, but 8 lucky finalists started week 15 with 25 points, including the top team with 225.30.

Kicker fun facts...
- Bass and Tucker were the #1 and #3 kickers thru 14 weeks, while the only other $7 kicker (Butker) was #22. Guess which one has the highest survival rate?
- Prater's 15 points in week 15 led all kickers to start the finals. He was a relative bust during the first 14 weeks, missing 4 games.
- Myers survival rate of 3.72% makes him the only kicker to double the overall rate of 1.83%.
- Bummed you got booted? Well, lemme kick you while you're down... 2 teams made it with Gonzalez, who was on season-ending IR well before the contest closed.

The Jalen Hurts injury ends me. I've no QB now. Probably doesn't make a difference anyway, my team was good but not TOP-7 good, I was carrying some dead weight. Good luck to Meno, Bill, and ZWK and I'll see how far the rest of my team can struggle on with no QB. Maybe some Wildcat formations??

I feel better now that my team struggled to get over 100 this week. Not much to go. Good luck to all left in the running for the $$.

Team size for the finalists

18 - 58
19 - 21
20 - 29
21 - 21
22 - 17
23 - 20
24 - 18
25 - 15
26 - 7
27 - 8
28 - 5
29 - 2
30 - 4

- 4 teams spent $248, while another 17 spent $249
- 4 finalists rostered only 1 QB... sadly, they all chose Jalen Hurts
- Extinct QB's are Deshaun Watson, Mason Rudolph, Andy Dalton, Drew Lock, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Tyler Huntley

My team (eliminated Week 13) that I thought was built more to make it to the final than to win it, would currently be around 58th in the standings.

So still not enough to have much of a chance of winning... but honestly better than I thought it would do.

Week 17 still pending of course.

Last edited:

Entry #
Would Be
Week 1 Score:
TEAM
102,237​
#1​
236.50​
Puppies
110,651​
#3​
224.90​
The Stray Doug
106,956​
#9​
208.20​
Sooted72
105,911​
#11​
205.80​
Bloom - FBG Staff
103,425​
Tied #14​
204.60​
apalmer
103,744​
Tied #28​
198.70​
OpenSourceBeer
102,580​
#34​
196.55​
Stubby
102,952​
Tied #41​
194.20​
Birdie048
101,228​
Tied #41​
194.20​
OleMissRebel
109,042​
#45​
192.90​
Fair Warning
107,844​
Tied #57​
189.30​
Scottybo
100,507​
#66​
187.60​
Gottabesweet
104,228​
#69​
187.10​
Mister CIA Fan
105,179​
#78​
185.80​
Scoobus
100,322​
#79​
185.75​
Balco
110,459​
#87​
183.70​
Nittany Lion
111,877​
#91​
182.60​
Chet
109,793​
#94​
181.70​
dzambo
105,600​
#108​
179.30​
Hagmania
110,998​
#113​
178.10​
Trilliant
106,928​
#119​
177.00​
davidwb
110,577​
#124​
175.90​
Hot Sauce Guy
107,027​
#132​
174.10​
rzrback77
107,499​
#137​
172.75​
ChurchOfIggyPop
104,551​
Tied #148​
169.20​
Ackme
111,887​
#157​
167.80​
ajm25701
112,254​
#160​
166.90​
The Winz
100,276​
#167​
164.00​
Clayton Gray - FBG Staff
103,562​
#171​
163.35​
Maurile Tremblay - Staff
102,876​
#184​
160.45​
Dacomish
107,031​
Tied #196​
158.10​
Monty Burns
106,507​
Tied #196​
158.10​
da_Budman
101,246​
#201​
156.90​
NotSmart
109,989​
#211​
154.70​
RustyColts
100,721​
#214​
153.40​
dbc925
101,049​
#216​
152.40​
Woodrow - FBG Staff
103,384​
#219​
152.00​
QuizGuy66
109,089​
#223​
151.20​
Ruffroddys
109,212​
#227​
149.80​
BroncosFan07
102,827​
#236​
147.10​
Rock Action
102,293​
#241​
146.40​
Pasquino - FBG Staff
101,213​
#245​
143.90​
bamabuddha
101,315​
#252​
140.60​
Dope
108,387​
#258​
137.10​
cStruck
106,496​
Tied #261​
135.65​
Mitchie
107,469​
Tied #261​
135.65​
wollac
103,281​
#263​
134.80​
FormerFourDigit
101,793​
#264​
134.00​
Memphis Foundry - Staff
110,433​
#265​
133.70​
Saint
108,979​
#269​
127.90​
Irelad
103,117​
#270​
127.40​
Baededel Moon
107,102​
#271​
126.90​
Bengalbuck - FBG Staff
103,090​
#273​
125.45​
BassNBrew
106,320​
#276​
118.15​
Twin Turbo

Dang. FBG Staff!

Phantom Playoff Standings - Week 2 ... (How eliminated teams would have placed through 2 weeks of the playoffs)
(Note: I thought I posted this earlier but can't find the post. Not sure what happened...)

Playoff 2Wk2 StandingTOTAL
169.05#3405.55Puppies
169.00#5393.90The Stray Doug
177.60#13382.20apalmer
180.55#16379.25OpenSourceBeer
177.35#20373.90Stubby
171.85#30366.05Birdie048
166.00#38358.90Fair Warning
178.45#48352.55rzrback77
143.40Tied #49351.60Sooted72
172.30Tied #49351.60Hagmania
165.25#58347.85Chet
170.75#59347.75davidwb
158.30#66344.05Balco
185.95Tied #71342.85NotSmart
136.25#73342.05Bloom - FBG Staff
155.35#87337.05dzambo
148.25#97334.05Scoobus
139.10#98333.30OleMissRebel
175.95#103329.35dbc925
140.00#108327.10Mister CIA Fan
136.85#112326.15Scottybo
138.15#113325.75Gottabesweet
156.25#124322.55Nittany Lion
168.15#134320.15QuizGuy66
156.50#137319.85Maurile Tremblay - Staff
168.20#146315.70wollac
134.25Tied #154312.35Trilliant
136.45Tied #154312.35Hot Sauce Guy
155.35Tied #171307.75Woodrow - FBG Staff
136.75#182304.55ajm25701
157.25#185304.35Rock Action
136.75#188303.65The Winz
132.75Tied #190301.95Ackme
143.85Tied #190301.95Monty Burns
136.65#195300.65Clayton Gray - FBG Staff
161.30#198299.70FormerFourDigit
139.00#200299.45Dacomish
141.35#201299.45da_Budman
125.80#204298.55ChurchOfIggyPop
134.60#228289.30RustyColts
139.35#229289.15BroncosFan07
147.55Tied #230288.15Dope
139.25#234285.65Pasquino - FBG Staff
142.75#249279.85cStruck
143.05#252276.75Saint
115.90#258267.10Ruffroddys
120.40Tied #262264.35bamabuddha
136.45Tied #262264.35Irelad
132.00#270258.90Bengalbuck - FBG Staff
129.70#272255.15BassNBrew
109.20#273244.85Mitchie
111.20#274238.60Baededel Moon
103.80#275237.80Memphis Foundry - Staff
86.10#278204.25Twin Turbo

@TheWinz, @Stray Doug, @opensourcebeer , @apalmer , @stubby, @Birdie048,@FairWarning , @rzrback77, @Joe Bryant, @Contest Turk

Last edited:
I'm in 16th place in the championship round heading into the final week, about 50 points out of 1st and 14 points out of 7th (the last money spot).

I made it through the regular season with big years from my two big money players, Justin Jefferson & Christian McCaffrey, plus a lot of starts from my extensive WR depth, and despite some picks not panning out I had enough going for me at each position to make it through thanks to very solid years from Goff, Jeff Wilson, and Gerald Everett.

The last 2 weeks have both been among my 4 best of the season, with 2 huge games each from Jefferson & Kittle, 1 each from Goff & Zay Jones, and at least 1 strong week each from McCaffrey, JuJu, and Pickens. Gano has been big too, and Zack Moss got a workload at just the right time for me (I was down to just him & CMC week 15 - no best ball for me at RB). I'm one of only 2 teams in the final with the Jefferson + Kittle combo, and the other was QBless last week.

I'm in 16th place in the championship round heading into the final week, about 50 points out of 1st and 14 points out of 7th (the last money spot).

I made it through the regular season with big years from my two big money players, Justin Jefferson & Christian McCaffrey, plus a lot of starts from my extensive WR depth, and despite some picks not panning out I had enough going for me at each position to make it through thanks to very solid years from Goff, Jeff Wilson, and Gerald Everett.

The last 2 weeks have both been among my 4 best of the season, with 2 huge games each from Jefferson & Kittle, 1 each from Goff & Zay Jones, and at least 1 strong week each from McCaffrey, JuJu, and Pickens. Gano has been big too, and Zack Moss got a workload at just the right time for me (I was down to just him & CMC week 15 - no best ball for me at RB). I'm one of only 2 teams in the final with the Jefferson + Kittle combo, and the other was QBless last week.

I'm rooting for you. Hope you finish in the money!

I finished 4th in 2011, but haven't made the playoffs since

Have you seen the $35 FBGuys Playoff Challenge? I Just jumped in to that. Interesting format; Pick one player only from each of 12 playoff teams, and it runs like the Subscriber contest except all your players count each week through the Super Bowl. $100K first prize and top 2,000 places paid.

Last edited:

Have you seen the $35 FBGuys Playoff Challenge? I Just jumped in to that. Interesting format; Pick one player only from each of 12 playoff teams, and it runs like the Subscriber contest except all your players count each week through the Super Bowl. $100K first prize and top 2,000 places paid.

15% juice and the FFPC is involved. No thanks. Wish FBG would get into the contest game solo.

Sitting at #123 with no chance at the cash, but would be pretty damn happy if I can hold on for the free FBG subscription. As for the FBG FPC Playoff contest, hell yeah, $35, low risk high reward and will be playing again for sure.

Sitting at #123 with no chance at the cash, but would be pretty damn happy if I can hold on for the free FBG subscription. As for the FBG FPC Playoff contest, hell yeah, $35, low risk high reward and will be playing again for sure.
Only 224 made it to the playoff, so you are already guaranteed the free FBG, which starts at 225th place.

9th going into the last week. RB will tell my story I think; have to have games from Barkley and McKinnon. Assuming that doesn't kill me, the Buffalo stack (Allen, Diggs, Knox) will determine if I have a chance of moving up. Good luck to all. Excited to have made it this close.
You must be WoodedHills? Going into Sunday night, you're one of the 5 teams I think have a chance to displace me in 2nd. Pretty sure 1st is out of reach for all of us.

Users who are viewing this thread