What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 FBG Subscriber Contest is ON - Update - 1st place is $10k + $5k to food bank of their choice (1 Viewer)

QB - Trey Lance - SF/9 - $15
QB - Jared Goff - DET/6 - $9
QB - Kenny Pickett - PIT/9 - $3
RB - Christian McCaffrey - CAR/13 - $37
RB - Chase Edmonds - MIA/11 - $14
RB - Dameon Pierce - HOU/6 - $10
RB - Jeff Wilson - SF/9 - $3
RB - Zack Moss - BUF/7 - $3
WR - Justin Jefferson - MIN/7 - $35
WR - JuJu Smith-Schuster - KC/8 - $15
WR - Elijah Moore - NYJ/10 - $13
WR - Jameson Williams - DET/6 - $7
WR - George Pickens - PIT/9 - $6
WR - Josh Palmer - LAC/8 - $6
WR - Isaiah McKenzie - BUF/7 - $6
WR - Zay Jones - JAX/11 - $5
WR - WanDale Robinson - NYG/9 - $5
WR - Romeo Doubs - GB/14 - $5
WR - Velus Jones - CHI/14 - $3
TE - George Kittle - SF/9 - $18
TE - Gerald Everett - LAC/8 - $8
TE - Kyle Rudolph - TB/11 - $3
PK - Graham Gano - NYG/9 - $3
PK - Rodrigo Blankenship - IND/14 - $3
PK - Greg Zuerlein - NYJ/10 - $3
TD - Minnesota Vikings - MIN/7 - $3
TD - Detroit Lions - DET/6 - $3
TD - Arizona Cardinals - ARI/13 - $3
TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/6 - $3
I'm in 16th place in the championship round heading into the final week, about 50 points out of 1st and 14 points out of 7th (the last money spot).

I made it through the regular season with big years from my two big money players, Justin Jefferson & Christian McCaffrey, plus a lot of starts from my extensive WR depth, and despite some picks not panning out I had enough going for me at each position to make it through thanks to very solid years from Goff, Jeff Wilson, and Gerald Everett.

The last 2 weeks have both been among my 4 best of the season, with 2 huge games each from Jefferson & Kittle, 1 each from Goff & Zay Jones, and at least 1 strong week each from McCaffrey, JuJu, and Pickens. Gano has been big too, and Zack Moss got a workload at just the right time for me (I was down to just him & CMC week 15 - no best ball for me at RB). I'm one of only 2 teams in the final with the Jefferson + Kittle combo, and the other was QBless last week.
Fading in wk17. Currently in line to be my lowest scoring week of the season at 133, with just Isaiah Mckenzie left. Not sure how far I'll fall in the standings, but definitely moving down rather than up.

McCaffrey & Goff came through but my great big WR corps did nothing. McCaffrey my only player to reach 40 receiving yards, and also with 1 of my 3 TDs. George Pickens led my WR corps in receiving yards with 29, and Jameson Williams in YFS with 40, though both are on the bench behind the more PPR-friendly stat lines of 3/24/0 and 3/20/0 from Zay & Romeo.

One other thing that did work is the Detroit Lions defense, who I picked based on their playoff schedule. 11 fpts against the Bears offense earns them their 2nd start of the 3-week championship round, after only starting 2 games for me through the first 14 weeks.

9th going into the last week. RB will tell my story I think; have to have games from Barkley and McKinnon. Assuming that doesn't kill me, the Buffalo stack (Allen, Diggs, Knox) will determine if I have a chance of moving up. Good luck to all. Excited to have made it this close.
You must be WoodedHills? Going into Sunday night, you're one of the 5 teams I think have a chance to displace me in 2nd. Pretty sure 1st is out of reach for all of us.
Yes, but I think 2nd is probably out of my reach. 7th looks doable with a big game from Allen and Diggs, or less likely Knox. 1st definitely looks locked up.

Contest D fun fact
- Through the first 14 weeks, none of five $6 D's (IND, LAC, LAR, NO, TB) finished in the top half. In the finals, they all did.

Contest K fun fact
- Matt Prater was an anchor to his teams all season, until the finals. 12 teams have enjoyed his 48.5 points.

I hope he is Ok. Schefter said something like this has never happened, but it reminds me when Chuck Hughes collapsed of a heat attack in a game between the Lions and Bears In the early 70s. He didn’t make it.

I'm wondering if the Subscriber Contest is concluded (and does not include the stats from the suspended game between Cincinnati and Buffalo). I have not seen anything announced but the standings have been updated through week 17 scores and do not include any stats from the suspended game. There is no indication on whether or not it it final. If anyone has heard or seen anything, please let me know.

In the meantime, our hearts go out to Damar Hamlin and his family and everyone who is affected by this horrible incident. Praying that Damar recovers....🙏

I'm wondering if the Subscriber Contest is concluded (and does not include the stats from the suspended game between Cincinnati and Buffalo). I have not seen anything announced but the standings have been updated through week 17 scores and do not include any stats from the suspended game. There is no indication on whether or not it it final. If anyone has heard or seen anything, please let me know.

In the meantime, our hearts go out to Damar Hamlin and his family and everyone who is affected by this horrible incident. Praying that Damar recovers....🙏
I would assume it's done. NFL says the game won't be played this week and the contest rules say the week counts if more than nine games are played, even if some others aren't. That would seem to apply and those with Buf/Cincy players being out of luck.

I would assume it's done. NFL says the game won't be played this week and the contest rules say the week counts if more than nine games are played, even if some others aren't. That would seem to apply and those with Buf/Cincy players being out of luck.
I assume that’s a rule addition from this Covid era, but in hindsight after last night’s postponed game, is a genius addition to the contest rules and removes any doubt in how this will be handled imo. kudos to Fbg for getting ahead of this one.

I assume that’s a rule addition from this Covid era, but in hindsight after last night’s postponed game, is a genius addition to the contest rules and removes any doubt in how this will be handled imo. kudos to Fbg for getting ahead of this one.
Actually they got it close but didn't get it quite right. I'll be putting in a note to the help desk so they are aware.

• Week 17: all games whose kickoff occurs between December 29, 2022 and January 4, 2023 (inclusive)

The game did kick off and just hasn't been concluded. Fanduel requires the games to be concluded by sometime like 6am the next day.

@Joe Bryant

As you requested, here are the 4 people who won your extra $100 offers:
@ZWK - finished in 18th place, won $100 by submitting lineup on 5 Sep at 10:05pm without changing it
@menobrown - finished 152nd place, won $100 by being quoted in your Subscriber Contest strategy article
@rzrback77 - finished 247th, won $100 by submitting lineup on 5 Sep at 5:46pm without changing it
@bamabuddha - finished 248th, won $100 by submitting lineup on 4 Sep at 5:28am without changing it

Please let them know what they need to do next, thanx. And thank you again for a fun contest. Can't wait for the playoff contest to begin now!

@Joe Bryant

@ZWK - finished in 18th place, won $100 by submitting lineup on 5 Sep at 10:05pm without changing it
@menobrown - finished 152nd place, won $100 by being quoted in your Subscriber Contest strategy article
@rzrback77 - finished 247th, won $100 by submitting lineup on 5 Sep at 5:46pm without changing it
@bamabuddha - finished 248th, won $100 by submitting lineup on 4 Sep at 5:28am without changing it

Please let them know what they need to do next, thanx. And thank you again for a fun contest. Can't wait for the playoff contest to begin now!

Great Thank you.

For you folks that won, please send me a PM with:

Message board name
Real name
Physical Mailing Address
Email used for Footballguys contest

Congratulations Folks! This was a wild year with lots of challenges. Some surprises. Some chalk. All fun. Thanks for helping us make this a fun contest.

Let's get ready for the Subscriber Playoff Contest...
Thank you for doing this contest again. It's my favorite part of the hobby.

ETA - Really it's my second favorite part after trying to get @Hot Sauce Guy to send me some yummy hot sauce.

Is the Subscriber Playoff Contest live yet?

I checked this afternoon but didn’t see anything…
Here’s the SharkPool thread at least. Looks like it goes live on Wednesday.

@Joe Bryant

Great Thank you.

For you folks that won, please send me a PM with:

Message board name
Real name
Physical Mailing Address
Email used for Footballguys contest
Thanks again @JoeBryant! Dropped u a message with info you asked for

Last edited:
How many contestants were there in the regular season contest? I’ve playing this for years and finished in the money for the first time
Me too, I first joined FBG in 2001 (over 20 years) and never finished in the money. This year, I got super lucky and finished 3rd :laugh:
Congrats

Care to show your rooster?
Sure, here's my roster:

QB Kirk Cousins - $14
QB Derek Carr - $13
QB Daniel Jones - $9
RB A.J. Dillon - $20
RB Tony Pollard - $18
RB Rhamondre Stevenson - $15
RB Dameon Pierce - $10
RB Tyrion Davis-Price - $4
RB Jeff Wilson - $3
WR Mike Williams - $21
WR Courtland Sutton - $19
WR Amon-Ra St. Brown - $17
WR JuJu Smith-Schuster - $15
WR K.J. Osborn - $8
WR WanDale Robinson - $5
TE Cole Kmet - $14
TE Tyler Higbee - $10
TE Albert Okwuegbunam - $9
PK Brett Maher - $5
PK Dustin Hopkins - $5
PK Mason Crosby - $4
TD Baltimore Ravens - $4
TD Green Bay Packers - $4
TD San Francisco 49ers - $4

How many contestants were there in the regular season contest? I’ve playing this for years and finished in the money for the first time
Me too, I first joined FBG in 2001 (over 20 years) and never finished in the money. This year, I got super lucky and finished 3rd :laugh:
Congrats

Sure, here's my roster:

QB Kirk Cousins - $14
QB Derek Carr - $13
QB Daniel Jones - $9
RB A.J. Dillon - $20
RB Tony Pollard - $18
RB Dameon Pierce - $10
RB Jeff Wilson - $3
WR Mike Williams - $21
WR K.J. Osborn - $8
WR WanDale Robinson - $5
TE Cole Kmet - $14
TE Tyler Higbee - $10
PK Brett Maher - $5
PK Dustin Hopkins - $5
PK Mason Crosby - $4
TD Baltimore Ravens - $4
Kind of amazing. You and I had only three players in common (Cousins, Pierce, Okwuegbunam). Pierce was useless in the playoffs, Okwuegbunam was useless almost the entire season. And yet we ended up in 2nd and 3rd. I guess there really is more than one way to skin a cat!

Congrats

Sure, here's my roster:

QB Kirk Cousins - $14
QB Derek Carr - $13
QB Daniel Jones - $9
RB A.J. Dillon - $20
RB Tony Pollard - $18
RB Dameon Pierce - $10
RB Jeff Wilson - $3
WR Mike Williams - $21
WR K.J. Osborn - $8
WR WanDale Robinson - $5
TE Cole Kmet - $14
TE Tyler Higbee - $10
PK Brett Maher - $5
PK Dustin Hopkins - $5
PK Mason Crosby - $4
TD Baltimore Ravens - $4
Kind of amazing. You and I had only three players in common (Cousins, Pierce, Okwuegbunam). Pierce was useless in the playoffs, Okwuegbunam was useless almost the entire season. And yet we ended up in 2nd and 3rd. I guess there really is more than one way to skin a cat!

Wow! Can you post your roster? For me, my RBs (Pollard, Stevenson, Pierce) and WRs (Williams, Sutton, St Brown, JuJu) under performed last 3 weeks. The teams that had only one QB (like Hurts or Lamar) were badly Hurt during weeks 15-17....no pun intended.

Congrats

Sure, here's my roster:

QB Kirk Cousins - $14
QB Derek Carr - $13
QB Daniel Jones - $9
RB A.J. Dillon - $20
RB Tony Pollard - $18
RB Dameon Pierce - $10
RB Jeff Wilson - $3
WR Mike Williams - $21
WR K.J. Osborn - $8
WR WanDale Robinson - $5
TE Cole Kmet - $14
TE Tyler Higbee - $10
PK Brett Maher - $5
PK Dustin Hopkins - $5
PK Mason Crosby - $4
TD Baltimore Ravens - $4
I’ll take “please list a roster that is miles from the one you submitted and you would’ve bet that this roster wouldn’t have made the money in this contest” for $500, Alex.

Congrats

Sure, here's my roster:

QB Kirk Cousins - $14
QB Derek Carr - $13
QB Daniel Jones - $9
RB A.J. Dillon - $20
RB Tony Pollard - $18
RB Dameon Pierce - $10
RB Jeff Wilson - $3
WR Mike Williams - $21
WR K.J. Osborn - $8
WR WanDale Robinson - $5
TE Cole Kmet - $14
TE Tyler Higbee - $10
PK Brett Maher - $5
PK Dustin Hopkins - $5
PK Mason Crosby - $4
TD Baltimore Ravens - $4

Wow! Can you post your roster? For me, my RBs (Pollard, Stevenson, Pierce) and WRs (Williams, Sutton, St Brown, JuJu) under performed last 3 weeks. The teams that had only one QB (like Hurts or Lamar) were badly Hurt during weeks 15-17....no pun intended.
Sure, here it is. McKinnon, Kittle and Smith (and obviously Cousins) really brought it home for me, with assists from Knox and Gano.

QB Kirk Cousins - $14
QB Trevor Lawrence - $11
QB Davis Mills - $7
QB Kenny Pickett - $3
RB Leonard Fournette - $27
RB Devin Singletary - $17
RB Dameon Pierce - $10
RB Jerick McKinnon - $8
RB Jeff Wilson - $3
WR Davante Adams - $29
WR Hunter Renfrow - $15
WR DeVonta Smith - $13
WR Tyler Lockett - $13
WR D.J. Chark - $7
WR Isaiah McKenzie - $6
TE George Kittle - $18
TE Dawson Knox - $14
TE Robert Tonyan - $8
PK Austin Seibert - $3
PK Graham Gano - $3
PK Cairo Santos - $3
TD Chicago Bears - $3
TD Minnesota Vikings - $3
TD Tennessee Titans - $3

FWIW, we haven't even gotten through the Draft yet, and I'm already anticipating this contest for 2023 (even moreso than my dynasty/rookie drafts, etc.)

Since the 2023 contest is still a ways away I'll post this here. Wow the bye weeks for this coming season seem extra crazy!

WK 5: CLE LAC SEA TB
WK 6: GB PIT
WK 7: CAR CIN DAL HOU JETS TEN
WK 8: NOBODY (!)
WK 9: DEN DET JAX SF
WK 10: KC LAR MIA PHI
WK 11: ATL IND NE NO
WK 12: NOBODY
WK 13: BAL BUF CHI LV MIN GIANTS
WK 14: ARI WSH

People banking on Sam Howell to get them into the final 250 are gonna be sweating! :scared:

-QG

Sorry if I missed it, when will we be notified that our free membership goes through?
I am not exactly complaining, but realizing today that after finally winning a free subscription after all these years, it’s not the subscription I normally pay for and j have to pay to upgrade, it’s a little anticlimactic.

Sorry if I missed it, when will we be notified that our free membership goes through?
I am not exactly complaining, but realizing today that after finally winning a free subscription after all these years, it’s not the subscription I normally pay for and j have to pay to upgrade, it’s a little anticlimactic.
I'm fine with it, but understand what you're saying.

For me:
I don't participate in too many Dynasty or IDP leagues
Best Ball advice can be found elsewhere for free
I have done so many auction leagues that I honestly don't need the content provided here. I create my own values using historical data.

We are about 7 weeks out from the opening of the 2023 Subscriber Contest. Time to start figuring out who the starting kickers will be.
I’m not sure I’ll know the starting kickers 7 days before the contest opens. Or the season. 🤷

Besides, everyone knows the key is stocking up on punters and long snappers.

Just stopping by to check in, guys. We hopefully should see the subscriber contest pop up in the next few weeks, based on prior year history. Has anyone heard anything more specific about when it might go live this year?

Just stopping by to check in, guys. We hopefully should see the subscriber contest pop up in the next few weeks, based on prior year history. Has anyone heard anything more specific about when it might go live this year?
Hiya Pupster! Welcome back for another year. Based on year's past, contest should open in just under 2 weeks. Do you want to start the new thread?

Hiya Pupster! Welcome back for another year. Based on year's past, contest should open in just under 2 weeks. Do you want to start the new thread?
It probably would be a good idea to start a new thread for this year's contest discussion. Let's do it!

Users who are viewing this thread