What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

Going to the game next week. Super excited to catch this roster.

Mad props to Jerry Tillery, you are a welcome addition to the team, look forward to your next penalty.
I was wondering why the Chargers cut Tillery, now I know….
He has made a difference on D adding pass rush up the middle which we desperately needed. The penalty was dumb but it also wasn't outrageous.

the pick carr threw into the end zone would have been the 3 points that put the game out of reach :poop:

"but what about the defense!"
that was a ref’s got us game
No it wasn’t. Carr and mcD lost that game.
The offense should have done more but they didn't give up a 95 yard drive with 2 minutes left to a QB who had been with the team for two days.

Sorry fellas, I know how you feel about Carr &/or McDaniels but that is as much of a team loss as it gets.
Usually the coach is responsible for team losses 🤷
I get that too. But calls for firing, IMO, are simply insane.

I think they are reactionary and, again IMO, founded more on previous dislike for McDaniels prior to his ever being hired by the Raiders.

There is no denying last night's loss was one of the worst in recent memory...well that isn't entirely honest as the Saints loss was pretty bad. So were Washington & Chicago last season and we could go back every year all the way to 2001 and find a couple of these.

Regarding this season they have four losses after carrying double digit leads into halftime (Ari, KC, Jax, LAR). Of course the buck stops with McDaniels but those kinds of losses also speak to a dearth of talent on defense (something most of us chose to ignore after they signed Davante) and maybe to Graham's defensive schemes. Throwing it all out again and starting over again after one season isn't going to fix the lack of talent. I think, almost*, any coaching staff deservers at least two seasons to bring in their players and implement their schemes.

*I would make an exception for cases like Hackett in Denver where the team hasn't even flashed the tiniest improvement at any point this season.
What I don't get is this.... McD lead the Pat offense for years. The play calling for the most part always seemed good. Now, he is HC and the playcalling can be very bad during this year. Why the difference? That is what I don't get.

I was absolutely against him then softened then questioned then felt good and now back to questioning.... all based on his ability to lead a team. This Rams game makes me question his football IQ which before to me was beyond reproach.

What I don't get is this.... McD lead the Pat offense for years. The play calling for the most part always seemed good. Now, he is HC and the playcalling can be very bad during this year. Why the difference? That is what I don't get.

I was absolutely against him then softened then questioned then felt good and now back to questioning.... all based on his ability to lead a team. This Rams game makes me question his football IQ which before to me was beyond reproach.
The first difference is between being a HC and OC. Time management changes significantly. He may be the kind of HC that can also call plays, but maybe he needs an Eric Bienimy to run the game day offense.

I didn't see beyond the first quarter but it seemed like there was reason to believe the o-line would be able to open holes all day.

Have the raiders shown you any reason to think McDaniels is going to make this team better?
McD and Hackett are about equal imo. Carr is better than Russell, but the Denver D is better than most defenses.
I just don’t see what you’re seeing, if you think there’s meaningful difference between McD and Hackett regarding the future of their teams.
Yes.

It's wild to even make the assertion that Hackett = McDaniels with a straight face.

The Raiders had the #10 scoring offense in the league going into last night. They are still #8 in yards/game coming out.

You're comparing that to the 27th ranked yardage and 32nd ranked scoring offense? Despite having a hand picked all pro QB? A team that has managed 3 wins despite having a top 3 yardage and top 2 scoring defense all year?

It's difficult to view your post through a lens of anything other than simply disliking McDaniels outside of anything having to do with the Raiders.

Last edited:

The first difference is between being a HC and OC. Time management changes significantly. He may be the kind of HC that can also call plays, but maybe he needs an Eric Bienimy to run the game day offense.

I didn't see beyond the first quarter but it seemed like there was reason to believe the o-line would be able to open holes all day.
The line has got much better in both run blocking and pass pro. However, after initial success of attacking the edges with jet sweeps, tosses, etc and mixing it up with some runs up the middle and throwing.... it seemed he got stuck on dive, iso, dive, dive, iso..... everything was a run up the middle and Jacobs was already banged up (well, he is always banged up). I kept thinking that they were setting up the play action but nope. I think after the INT McD just got way too cautious.

The line has got much better in both run blocking and pass pro. However, after initial success of attacking the edges with jet sweeps, tosses, etc and mixing it up with some runs up the middle and throwing.... it seemed he got stuck on dive, iso, dive, dive, iso..... everything was a run up the middle and Jacobs was already banged up (well, he is always banged up). I kept thinking that they were setting up the play action but nope. I think after the INT McD just got way too cautious.
Thanks for that. I have had trouble all season with poor halftime adjustments. We can pin a lot on the defense but if McDaniels made better adjustments maybe they wouldn't need to rely on the defense to make stops on 95 yard drives with under 2 minutes left.

The line has got much better in both run blocking and pass pro.
What the Raiders have done with the o-line this season is reason enough to give McDaniels another year.

I guess we could all have been wrong about the talent but it has to be some of the best scouting, coaching & scheming to come out of the Raiders in the last 20 years.

Last edited:
spending all of your cap and trading away draft capital to improve the offense, then thinking you can rely on your defense to shut an opponent out for 4 quarters is dumb.

if they had done the reverse. it would make sense when the offense can't score and then you expect the defense to be unstoppable.

mcD needs to allow carr to make mistakes. how was carr supposed to make up the points he gave away if the offense goes conservative. carr needs to demand better and more aggressive play calling, he's a veteran qb. tell your play caller to give you something better, so you can win games.

I think McDaniels has shown yet again he just has no business being a head coach in this league. Instead of trying to win the game yesterday, he was trying to run out the clock from the first quarter.

Last night…. :tfp:

nuff said.

random question to distract me from that embarrassment: what’s up with us having a holder for kick offs instead of using a tee?

Have the raiders shown you any reason to think McDaniels is going to make this team better?
McD and Hackett are about equal imo. Carr is better than Russell, but the Denver D is better than most defenses.
I just don’t see what you’re seeing, if you think there’s meaningful difference between McD and Hackett regarding the future of their teams.
Yes.

It's wild to even make the assertion that Hackett = McDaniels with a straight face.

The Raiders had the #10 scoring offense in the league going into last night. They are still #8 in yards/game coming out.

You're comparing that to the 27th ranked yardage and 32nd ranked scoring offense? Despite having a hand picked all pro QB? A team that has managed 3 wins despite having a top 3 yardage and top 2 defense all year?

It's difficult to view your post through a lens of anything other than simply disliking McDaniels outside of anything having to do with the Raiders.
I wasn’t comparing offenses. But the raiders look lost.

Denver’s defense is 2nd in the league. Yes their offense sucks, and RW was a horrible move. That’s on the GM. Hackett isn’t helping.

If you like McDaniels or think he’ll become a good coach, good for you. From an outsider looking in, he looks like a failure and waiting is just delaying the inevitable. But yes, you’re right that I never liked him as a head coach.

Last edited:
I think McDaniels has shown yet again he just has no business being a head coach in this league. Instead of trying to win the game yesterday, he was trying to run out the clock from the first quarter.
"...yet again..."?

Considering the entirety of his coaching career, including how the Patriots look on offense in 2022, I just don't see how one failed stint 12 years ago at 35 years old qualifies as "...yet again..." worthy.

"...yet again..."?

Considering the entirety of his coaching career, including how the Patriots look on offense in 2022, I just don't see how one failed stint 12 years ago at 35 years old qualifies as "...yet again..." worthy.

I think I properly used the term yet again, sorry if he is your cousin or something..... but he has shown incompetence multiple other times this season as well

Last edited:
"...yet again..."?

It’s two stints where he looks to have lost the team.
The line has got much better in both run blocking and pass pro.
What the Raiders have done with the o-line this season is reason enough to give McDaniels another year.

I guess we could all have been wrong about the talent but it has to be some of the best scouting coaching & scheming to come out of the Raiders in the last 20 years.
Seems like a good reason to give Bricillo and Clemmons promotions.

I don't see that. I may have missed the players revolution, but any team that fires a coach for a disappointing first season doesn't deserve a decent coach.

He might very well be awful. I wasn't thrilled he was the guy. But Hall of Famers have had bad first seasons with a team. I know what dysfunctional Raiders looks like, this is not it. It's not good, but it's not that.

Baker Mayfield signed with the Rams on Tuesday and drove 98 yards in two minutes against the Raiders defense.
This really says it all. That should never, EVER happen period.
Teams lose, no one goes undefeated. But it’s how they lose, and who they lose to that just kills me

This really says it all. That should never, EVER happen period.
Teams lose, no one goes undefeated. But it’s how they lose, and who they lose to that just kills me
Some guy I never saw before was in the game thread, and during the 4th quarter was like, "I'm a life long Raider fan, I have seen this game at least 10 times."

100%. This team has had no killer instinct for I don't know how long, but WORSE: they have also faced teams that were a shambles, and the Raiders let them hang around, and lose the game. Repeatedly.

You want a laugh. Search Baker Mayfield on Twitter. It's all, did Baker save his career????, and all these think pieces about what he did. :bored: Brah, thank god he was playing the Raiders. That glass slipper will fall off next week, trust me. Unless the Rams are playing Vegas again?

I don't see that. I may have missed the players revolution, but any team that fires a coach for a disappointing first season doesn't deserve a decent coach.

He might very well be awful. I wasn't thrilled he was the guy. But Hall of Famers have had bad first seasons with a team. I know what dysfunctional Raiders looks like, this is not it. It's not good, but it's not that.
Usually, great coaches don’t take a team that went to the playoffs the previous year, add an elite player at a key position and don’t lose more valuable players, then have a bottom ten team. Especially a team that loses to a bad team whose starting QB just signed two days ago. AND had just lost to a bad team whose head coach was not even in the NFL a week before beating them in their own stadium.

Seriously, how the hell do you lose to a coach who wasn’t with the team the last week and a starting QB who wasn’t on the team 3 days ago, in the same season?

"...yet again..."?

I think I properly used the term yet again, sorry if he is your cousin or something..... but he has shown incompetence multiple other times this season as well
He isn't my cousin and that is a childish comment.

If you believes the entirety of McDaniels career disqualifies him from head coaching forever, I contend you have issues with him unrelated to coaching.

To be clear I am not saying he will be a success as a head coach. I am saying it is terribly reactionary and foolish to draw the conclusion that he is a failure based on this season or anything else in his coaching career.

I am pretty sure I was loudest and strongest voice against hiring McD around here. Certainly not my cousin.

I can't say that I think he should be fired right now. I can't say I think he should stay either.

I can't figure any of this out to be honest.... arguably the best WR, RB and DE in the league and we still can't beat a Rams team with none of it's stars and a QB that had a plane ride to learn the playbook. Improved Oline and defensive play and we still can't finish a game. A team that looked like it gave up that then looks like it is getting things put together and then falls apart again. McD comes in and starts hacking away at their defense attacking the edges and then hammering it in with some good throws to start.... looked like we will be 45-0 by end of the game and then everything falls apart. None of it makes any sense. Last year, we couldn't do crap in the first half of a game and then turned it on in the second. This year, we roll teams over in the 1st half and then look like a bunch of 3rd graders playing a 5th quarter to learn the game.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

I kinda wonder where this team is really at right now. I thought just maybe they righted the ship and now that ship is taking on water and using Adams to order parts instead of patch the hole. Or something like that ... just a confusing effort after last week.

I am pretty sure I was loudest and strongest voice against hiring McD around here. Certainly not my cousin.

I can't say that I think he should be fired right now. I can't say I think he should stay either.

I can't figure any of this out to be honest.... arguably the best WR, RB and DE in the league and we still can't beat a Rams team with none of it's stars and a QB that had a plane ride to learn the playbook. Improved Oline and defensive play and we still can't finish a game. A team that looked like it gave up that then looks like it is getting things put together and then falls apart again. McD comes in and starts hacking away at their defense attacking the edges and then hammering it in with some good throws to start.... looked like we will be 45-0 by end of the game and then everything falls apart. None of it makes any sense. Last year, we couldn't do crap in the first half of a game and then turned it on in the second. This year, we roll teams over in the 1st half and then look like a bunch of 3rd graders playing a 5th quarter to learn the game.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.
When logic flies out the window we are left with intangibles , like team and player/ coach chemistry . Its like meeting people , its either a good fit or it isnt, they either hit it off or they dont.
My sister had an ex BF who just rubbed everyone he met the wrong way , he wasnt a bad guy , he just gave off a weird vibe and the chemistry was all off for everyone but my sister .

Is that an issue ? Who knows , seems Rich Bisaccia had great chemistry with the team and everyone responded to it in a positive way . Something to think about tho.

the pick carr threw into the end zone would have been the 3 points that put the game out of reach :poop:

"but what about the defense!"
that was a ref’s got us game
No it wasn’t. Carr and mcD lost that game.
The offense should have done more but they didn't give up a 95 yard drive with 2 minutes left to a QB who had been with the team for two days.

Sorry fellas, I know how you feel about Carr &/or McDaniels but that is as much of a team loss as it gets.
The pick in the endzone was unforgivable. Take the sack. Take the 3 points.
He was hit when throwing... I don't blame Carr on that.
I know, I am going to be dismissed as a Carr fan... but initially, I went off the rails on that. Something along the lines of WTF was that! Seeing the replay, that was just a hit at the wrong time to knock the ball loose.
I disagree. Imho he was trying to do too much. You’re right. He was hit as he threw it. But the moment to shut the play down was before that moment.

Mad props to Jerry Tillery, you are a welcome addition to the team, look forward to your next penalty.
He has made a difference on D adding pass rush up the middle which we desperately needed. The penalty was dumb but it also wasn't outrageous.
agree with the first part. But that penalty was dumb, stupid, and outrageous. Will be called every time.

Last night…. :tfp:

nuff said.

random question to distract me from that embarrassment: what’s up with us having a holder for kick offs instead of using a tee?
Thank you! I’ve been wondering the same thing. And in preseason I mentioned wtf is up with carlson not getting it in the endzone. It’s weird.

Usually, great coaches don’t take a team that went to the playoffs the previous year, add an elite player at a key position and don’t lose more valuable players, then have a bottom ten team. Especially a team that loses to a bad team whose starting QB just signed two days ago. AND had just lost to a bad team whose head coach was not even in the NFL a week before beating them in their own stadium.

Seriously, how the hell do you lose to a coach who wasn’t with the team the last week and a starting QB who wasn’t on the team 3 days ago, in the same season?
Stop dude. Let me make it easy for you. Last year was an aberration. A miracle. Vegas had the over under at 7 wins. None of this is a surprise. The D sucks. The oline is playing WAY better than any of thought it would. Give it time. Imho, the team is going in right direction.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.
I’m holding out hope that it’s just growing pains. We all screamed about carr not sneaking it on 4th last week. He snuck it this week. 28 goes for 303 yards. F it. Ride or die? That shouldn’t be the mindset, but it’s hard to figure out. I’m also very confused. But I want to see McZ get a shot. At least 4 years. Anything else is incomplete.

stat nugget from this week! Carr had 11 passing yards in the second half.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.
I’m holding out hope that it’s just growing pains. We all screamed about carr not sneaking it on 4th last week. He snuck it this week. 28 goes for 303 yards. F it. Ride or die? That shouldn’t be the mindset, but it’s hard to figure out. I’m also very confused. But I want to see McZ get a shot. At least 4 years. Anything else is incomplete.

Only passing for 11 yards in the second half isn’t on Carr either. McD called plays worse than I have ever seen. If he would have been more aggressive, the team wins easily. Even though it was an incredibly embarrassing loss, it is still a positive. This team isn’t a player or two away from being a contender and we need all the draft capital we can get. McD should have another year to add some pieces to the team and learn how to call plays. Let’s see how Mc D drafts after a year of evaluating the teams needs for a full season. The D better be addressed.

Disagree...that was an easy flag to throw. Obvious penalty that will draw the flag every single time

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Only passing for 11 yards in the second half isn’t on Carr either. McD called plays worse than I have ever seen. If he would have been more aggressive, the team wins easily. Even though it was an incredibly embarrassing loss, it is still a positive. This team isn’t a player or two away from being a contender and we need all the draft capital we can get. McD should have another year to add some pieces to the team and learn how to call plays. Let’s see how Mc D drafts after a year of evaluating the teams needs for a full season. The D better be addressed.
Where did I assign blame? When I heard that stat, it stood out. I’m not a carr basher. I’m also not a carr apologist.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Where did I assign blame? When I heard that stat, it stood out. I’m not a carr basher. I’m also not a carr apologist.
Can we get an official count on how many times he has said "I am not a Carr basher" and then proceeds to bash Carr?
:scared:

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Can we get an official count on how many times he has said "I am not a Carr basher" and then proceeds to bash Carr?
you Want me to really bash him? Carr lovers are so f’ing sensitive. If a player does something stupid, doesn’t play well, etc, it’s ok to call them out. But not poor DC, can’t ever say anything remotely critical About him. So lame.

Stop dude. Let me make it easy for you. Last year was an aberration. A miracle. Vegas had the over under at 7 wins. None of this is a surprise. The D sucks. The oline is playing WAY better than any of thought it would. Give it time. Imho, the team is going in right direction.
🤷 you’re right about the line. But I’d definitely have kept Bissacia after his results last year. Davis wanted the big name, after losing his other big name coach.
Good luck, I hope the raiders keep McD another 4 yearsb and Carr moves on to a place that actually wants to win (Jets?)

Baker Mayfield signed with the Rams on Tuesday and drove 98 yards in two minutes against the Raiders defense.
This is actually the least concerning part for me.

Baker isn't a scrub. He's clearly CAR's best QB but they are in tank mode so they benched him then cut him at his request. Baker is a low-mid level starting NFL QB caliber however. He'd be starting on many other teams (that aren't tanking of course). Heck I'd love for us to sign him in the offseason to back up Carr. And the 2 day thing is irrelevant when talking about 2 minute drill. Knowing the offense is moot when the offense is "everyone go get open, try to be near the sideline and get out of bounds but if not get down fast so we can run up and clock it". You just want a guy that can sling it and run the hurry-up cleanly. Baker's can do those things just fine.

The defense overall has made nice progress. Our depth-of-talent is still awful but that's going to take time to fix and our coaches are getting pretty respectable results out of the trash we have - guys like Masterson, Butler, Hall, Farley, Teamer, these guys don't really belong on NFL rosters yet we have to start them.

The OL has been a miracle. The play we're getting out of the names we have is phenomenal. This is easily our biggest coaching victory. Carr's got plenty of time, Jacobs has gaping holes at times and plenty of running room on most occasions. They don't get whipped very often at all - a welcome change to days of past then they got dominated far too often.

Carr remains our big mystery. He's borderline phenomenal in comeback mode - 4 minutes, down less than 7, he's on my top 5 list of QB I want running the O. But he's really bad at other times and that's what keeps him from being even a top 10 QB. One of the reason he's got so many comeback wins is because he's awful for three quarters and is trailing because of that. If he ever figures out how to unlock his 4th quarter urgency from the get-go he's an elite talent. But as is he's just an average asset to the team.

Last edited:
🤷 you’re right about the line. But I’d definitely have kept Bissacia after his results last year. Davis wanted the big name, after losing his other big name coach.
Good luck, I hope the raiders keep McD another 4 yearsb and Carr moves on to a place that actually wants to win (Jets?)
If Bisaccia had been retained, and this was his record, I would want to keep him as well.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

you Want me to really bash him? Carr lovers are so f’ing sensitive. If a player does something stupid, doesn’t play well, etc, it’s ok to call them out. But not poor DC, can’t ever say anything remotely critical About him. So lame.
Are you claiming reverse Carrism?

couldn't possibly be the fault of the quarterback when he throws an int in the end zone and the offense can't score points. it's gotta be the defense!
Say what you will but Carr didn't give up a 98 yard drive with under 1:45 on the clock and the Rams out of timeouts.

Carr and the offense staked the team to a 13 point lead with 12:20 left in the game.

Yes, the Raiders should have crushed the Rams but they did enough on offense to win that game. All the other NFL teams are 59-6 when leading by double digits at halftime, the Raiders are 0-4. McDaniels needs to fix that #### in 2023 or I will be leading the charge for his firing. Yeah, Josh you heard me! What are you gonna do about it? Wanna fight? Bring it Josh!!! I'm not going anywhere!!! Come at me bro!!!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

So the number is higher than 50 then is what you are saying?

couldn't possibly be the fault of the quarterback when he throws an int in the end zone and the offense can't score points. it's gotta be the defense!
Say what you will but Carr didn't give up a 98 yard drive with under 1:45 on the clock and the Rams out of timeouts.

Carr and the offense staked the team to a 13 point lead with 12:20 left in the game.

Yes, the Raiders should have crushed the Rams but they did enough on offense to win that game. All the other NFL teams are 59-6 when leading by double digits at halftime, the Raiders are 0-4. McDaniels needs to fix that #### in 2023 or I will be leading the charge for his firing. Yeah, Josh you heard me! What are you gonna do about it? Wanna fight? Bring it Josh!!! I'm not going anywhere!!! Come at me bro!!!
The last two drives were horrible by the defense, especially playing press man on the last TD. Just a ridiculously awful defensive call/scheme in that spot with the Rams out of timeouts and 22 seconds left. However, the offense scored 16 points against a bad Rams D missing Aaron Donald. The Rams were giving up 26 points per game in their last 6 games so I disagree that the offense did enough. In regards to Carr he was bad in the red zone which has been the case for his entire career.

Users who are viewing this thread