What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022: Which NFL franchise is currently the most dysfunctional? (1 Viewer)

Which NFL Team gets your vote as the #4 dysfunctional organization?

• Houston Texans

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 24 9.0%
  • Washington Commanders

Votes: 53 19.9%
  • Detroit Lions

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 13 4.9%
  • New York Giants

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • Indianapolis Colts

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Chicago Bears

Votes: 38 14.2%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • Other Team (please post which team)

Votes: 14 5.2%

• Total voters
Doesn’t matter. They can’t kick him out just cause they want to.
Just like the NBA couldn't, technically, get rid of two of their recent problem owners.

The key is the sponsors. If they pull their advertising money, stuff happens. Even to rich guys like Daniel Snyder. His status as a pariah could also increase significantly if the info from the NFL's investigation ever found the light of day.

The one with an active ex- head coach now serving on the Pittsburgh Steelers with a lawsuit pending against his former team, the Miami Dolphins. Blatant racism and also tanking or throwing games on purpose instigated by the owner Stephen Ross should be the clear winner here.
Ross 1st owner to serve a 3 month suspension, pitiful
Tua-Gate now on his hands when he returns
ConcussGate?

I think it might be Denver. Coach that looks like one of the all time worst hires and what's looking like a monumental blunder of a trade for Wilson.

PATHETIC!!!

What did the Panthers do BEFORE Tepper bought them?
Did Carolina go to a Conference Championship within the 1st few years of existence?
Did Carolina make it to the Super Bowl just a few years prior to you owning the team?
Why was Tepper allowed the buy the Panthers in the first place? Yeah, let's not go there...
The most pathetic and out-of-touch part of the interview is where Tepper claimed he brought music to Charlotte and caused restaurants to be reopened :lol:

I think it might be Denver. Coach that looks like one of the all time worst hires and what's looking like a monumental blunder of a trade for Wilson.

Which was bad, but then they doubled down with the 5 yr/$242M ($161M guaranteed) extension.

Denver has done a great job at roster construction outside of the most important position though. That defense is legit. They have weapons around Wilson.

Wilson received some platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections in his injured shoulder. Seems to be some debate whether it's a strained lat or partially torn - either way it's a somewhat plausible explain why he misses receivers by 15 yards.

The decision making isn't absolved by an injury though. What a trash start for him and his HC.

Giants, Jets, and Bears have all improved in my eyes.

Wayback machine liked what the Lions were doing three weeks ago
I definitely think the Lions are on the right track. This season will probably cost Dan Campbell his job. While I love the guy and pull hard for him, they just lose too many close games.

Lions have drafted mostly well although the defensive talent has A LOT to prove. Good OL and weapons. Will get a new coach and their pick of a good QB in the draft.

I definitely think the Lions are on the right track. This season will probably cost Dan Campbell his job. While I love the guy and pull hard for him, they just lose too many close games.

Lions have drafted mostly well although the defensive talent has A LOT to prove. Good OL and weapons. Will get a new coach and their pick of a good QB in the draft.
I don't think they are on the right track. When you lose 29-0 to a team led by a third string QB and that's also in last place in their division, it's time to reevaluate. Give credit to BB for a great game plan, but he doesn't play on the field. That game was lost almost entirely due to poor preparation and coaching decisions. Also the Lions played against a clown car of bad defenses through the first 4 weeks and are driving that car themselves with the worst defense of them all. But after the Pats, they face 7 good to great defenses and will probably lose the next 7 games in a row. The silver lining is this Lions team has some decent talent up and down the roster. That wasn't the case a couple years ago. This team should finish much better than 3-14. But that's the path they are on at the moment.

The question I ask is would a BB coached Lions team lose 29-0 to a DC coached Pats team, all rosters being the same as they are now. The answer is a hard no.

Problem is Campbell was never a good coach when it came to football. Yeah he's a great player's coach guy, will really rah rah with the best of em, but the team needs an actual coach to do the coaching. If the Lions could somehow hire a football person to be the HC and convince Campbell to step into a sort of assistant HC/motivational speaker role they'd be set.

The answer to OP's question will always be Houston btw.

Giants, Jets

This goes to each ownership stepping back and hiring the right football guys. Let's face it. In the Jets case (the one I follow), the Johnsons are clueless souls who sort of lucked into a GM that knows a lot about what he's doing and came from the Philly front office, generally considered an esteemed one by modern football watchers. (Which, much as it pains me to admit it, is indeed a good front office, though I read the Philly thread and there are dynamics there that don't exactly sound too great. Plus Reagor over Jefferson. But I digress.) So the ownership didn't get better, it just seems to have gotten out of the way for a moment and allowed a competent GM to do the football work. No more Charlie Casserly recommendations at GM. God, that was stupid. Ruined the franchise for two or three years.

But I'm going on too much. The point I really want to make is that both ownership groups are an albatross and loom like a specter over the current events going on in their organization. Those organizations are still in rebuilds, however tantalizing 4-1 and 3-2 look. So we'll see what the ownerships do when each respective team hits their rocky patches (and they will, especially with the Jets' schedule).

Last edited:
Yeah, um, read the ESPN article this morning on Dan Snyder. Hiring PIs to follow other NFL owners to create files on them so they can't take away the franchise. Collecting e-mails of employees and others for future litigation. Lowest gate revenue in the league. Reduced seating from 90K to 64K. Ripping into other owners at meetings. Owners are actively trying to block a new stadium under his ownership because Snyder doesn't have enough money to do it himself (to starve him out financially)... he has to have Virginia or DC fund it and in Virginia he couldn't get enough votes to even get it through a State House committee. This turd makes Al Davis look sane.

Last edited:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Texans have parted ways with executive vice president of football operations Jack Easterby.​

Easterby has been with the Texans since 2019 and served as interim general manager in 2020 before the Texans hired Nick Caserio. Even after Caserio was hired, reports surfaced that Easterby was making calls to agents behaving like a general manager, adding to a culture of dysfunction in Houston. His departure marks a major shift in direction for the Texans and could indicate more changes are on the way. Caserio and Easterby have ties that go back to the Patriots and would have had a role in the selection of head coach Lovie Smith as well.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Oct 17, 2022, 9:10 AM ET

Colts owner Jim Irsay told reporters he believes there is "merit to remove" Commanders owner Daniel Snyder.​

Irsay also noted in his brief interview that he believes there "potentially will be" the 24 votes needed to remove Snyder, and noted "He can investigate me till the cows come home, it’s not going to back me off.” It's one thing to get this smoke from sources -- for another owner to loudly proclaim this points strongly to the fact that Snyder's ownership tenure is in real jeopardy. Irsay believes it's in the best interest of the NFL to remove Snyder from his ownership position and that's probably not a small circle view behind closed doors if he's willing to say it this publicly.
SOURCE: Albert Breer on Twitter
Oct 18, 2022, 4:41 PM ET

Colts owner Jim Irsay told reporters he believes there is "merit to remove" Commanders owner Daniel Snyder.​

Irsay also noted in his brief interview that he believes there "potentially will be" the 24 votes needed to remove Snyder, and noted "He can investigate me till the cows come home, it’s not going to back me off.” It's one thing to get this smoke from sources -- for another owner to loudly proclaim this points strongly to the fact that Snyder's ownership tenure is in real jeopardy. Irsay believes it's in the best interest of the NFL to remove Snyder from his ownership position and that's probably not a small circle view behind closed doors if he's willing to say it this publicly.
SOURCE: Albert Breer on Twitter
Oct 18, 2022, 4:41 PM ET
This only confirms what most already know. The Washington franchise is the most dysfunctional in the NFL.

Even the (formerly) biggest idiots in all of professional sports knew when it was time to sell their franchise vs. going down in flames. Mr. Snyder may be that special type that needs to be forced out. No matter how much "dirt" he has on others and his willingness to use it.

Voted for the Commanders but am very surprised to not see the Raiders on the list. Traded away one of the pass rushers and fumbled on their first round picks. Then missed on several more picks. Paid Gruden a ransom and got a TV guy as their GM who missed as well. Personal issues off the field, Ruggs car crash, not picking up 5th year options on players that will cost more money later to keep. Traded their future for a win now WR in Adams, and they are a team that isn’t winning now and the loss of draft capital with further hurt their future. They are very dysfunctional.

I don't miss my Bengals having a prominent spot in this thread. The granddaughters of Mike Brown have been an absolute godsend systematically implementing things Bengals fans have asked for for decades. Just a note of hope in this thread for the long-time suffering fanbases
-QG

I don't miss my Bengals having a prominent spot in this thread. The granddaughters of Mike Brown have been an absolute godsend systematically implementing things Bengals fans have asked for for decades. Just a note of hope in this thread for the long-time suffering fanbases
-QG
hmm, was not aware of their involvement.

While Blackburn followed her grandfather and mother to Dartmouth College in Hanover, N.H., it was actually the first place she had ever been where no one knew her as the kid that could wind up running the Bengals one day. She was just the freshman girl from Cincinnati standing up at a frat party to defend Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton.

An Economics and Engineering double major, Blackburn first finished off her economics degree with a paper comparing NFL ticketing data to the economic tradeoffs between the 85 percent blackout rule and secondary pricing market. Then she capped her engineering degree inventing an app that offered a second screen during a live game to teach new NFL fans the rules and positions that her great grandfather all but invented.

When she went to San Francisco to work for the management consulting firm Bain & Co., she became drawn to co-workers from Midwest towns like Indianapolis.

Peter Ruocco , an NFL senior vice president for all things labor and salary cap, hosted her in a three-month internship while she was working at Bain. Blackburn also put in three months in Chris Halpin’s fledgling strategy and development office, but it was the Management Council that named her program that she developed “The Burn System,” after her.

Ruocco says Blackburn used her “extensive computer skills” to allow them to value every number or dollar amount related to collective bargaining with the push of a button.

She was such an enthusiastic proponent of her hometown that during a Bain roundtable discussion a friend turned to her and said, "You're like the Leslie Knope of Cincinnati,

Can’t believe there are votes for any franchise other than Washington. They are so obviously and clearly #1 that the poll should be for who is #2.
Agreed. Grew up in the DMV when Snyder took over. Always loved football and played in HS but even back THEN I could not stand him. So never had a team but loved the nfl. Moved to LA in 2012 and adopted the St Louis Rams. That’s worked out!!!

To be fair, I doubt any franchise would openly say they are tanking (and certainly the players and coaches probably never are).

This trade is 1st thing the Panthers have done right on what feels like a very long time, though. There is absolutely no reason to think they will do well with the picks though.

I imagine right now they are preparing to package all of the SF picks to make an offer for Joe Flacco.

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports the Rams offered two first-round draft picks for Panthers EDGE Brian Burns.​

Last week's reports of Carolina fielding massive offers for Burns were not, it turns out, a smoke screen. The Rams, per Breer, were once again going with the "eff them picks" approach to team building as the team collapses on itself after its 2021 Super Bowl run. Burns is set to hit free agency and currently has four sacks, putting him on pace for a career year. That the Panthers didn't take two first rounders for Burns is stunning. The team seems incapable of committing to a full-blown rebuild.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Brendan Sugrue on Twitter
Nov 1, 2022, 9:56 AM ET

ESPN reports the U.S. Attorney's office is investigating the Washington Commanders for alleged "financial improprieties."​

Specifically, the "U.S. attorney's office in the Eastern District of Virginia." It is probably not a coincidence the news drops the same day disgraced owner Daniel Snyder finally propped open the door to selling the team after two-plus decades of disastrous control. Per ESPN, Snyder's team is being investigated for "financial impropriety by owner Dan Snyder and team executives." It would appear one of the potential crimes was cooking its league books, sharing false ticket sales data with the NFL office. The allegations are undoubtedly one of the many reasons Snyder's co-owners seem to have finally turned against him after decades of protection. Stay tuned.
SOURCE: ESPN
Nov 2, 2022, 6:10 PM ET

Who is the one owner who served a lengthy suspension for tampering with Tom Brady?

There is only 1 right answer here but everyone is free to vote for anyone they choose

Who is the one owner who served a lengthy suspension for tampering with Tom Brady?

There is only 1 right answer here but everyone is free to vote for anyone they choose
I agree there is only 1 right answer

Just in: "District of Columbia Attorney General Karl A. Racine will hold a press conference [Thursday] to make a major announcement related to the Washington Commanders," his office announced.

Made the following post in the Raiders thread. It belongs here as well. As do the Raiders...

Al's kid did remarkably well to modernize the business opps by getting them to Vegas and able to compete financially. But his team management has been pretty terrible since taking the reins. Hiring Ronald McDonald and his college buddy to run the roster is strike three for Mark Davis. So what if I agreed at the time that McD was a good/smart hire? I am a nobody who isn't paid gajillions of dollars to research and make those calls. Mark is. And he appears now to be ZERO for three in hiring team builders between Mumbles McKenzie, Michelin Lips Gruden, and House McDonald.

ESPN reports the U.S. Attorney's office is investigating the Washington Commanders for alleged "financial improprieties."​

Specifically, the "U.S. attorney's office in the Eastern District of Virginia." It is probably not a coincidence the news drops the same day disgraced owner Daniel Snyder finally propped open the door to selling the team after two-plus decades of disastrous control. Per ESPN, Snyder's team is being investigated for "financial impropriety by owner Dan Snyder and team executives." It would appear one of the potential crimes was cooking its league books, sharing false ticket sales data with the NFL office. The allegations are undoubtedly one of the many reasons Snyder's co-owners seem to have finally turned against him after decades of protection. Stay tuned.
SOURCE: ESPN
Nov 2, 2022, 6:10 PM ET

DC Attorney General to Make "Major Announcement" About Washington Commanders

The attorney general for the District of Columbia said he is holding a news conference about the Washington Commanders on Thursday, the latest off-field development for the NFL franchise that is the subject of multiple ongoing investigations. cropped-NBC_New-York-1.png www.nbcnewyork.com
And almost immediately the Commanders make it worse. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...rney-general-invokes-brian-robinson-shooting/

And Brian Robinson's agent jumps in to say how disgusting that was. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ers-statement-regarding-d-c-attorney-general/

Users who are viewing this thread