What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread, Presented by YouTubeTV (25 Viewers)

Love the fans heckling Draymond's ***** *** during the interview.
Chuck yelling at them that we’ll see you next year got a legit LOL out of me.
Indeed. Chuck has a good sense of humor.

Draymond is just up there to constantly drive a grudge against a better defender than himself. It's so ****ing obnoxious IMO.
It's a really bad look for TNT that they let him come out there and drag a guy he assaulted on the court earlier this season. Inside the NBA is unwatchable with that POS on there.
Not like there is really any downside to it since Inside/TNT is pretty much done. Feels like you would rather go out on top than with this scumbag though.

Maybe it is all some elaborate setup for Chuck and Shaq to drop him through a table Dudley Boyz style? That is about the only thing that could redeem this ********.
Yep. Inside the NBA won't be missed by me or many others if the plan was to keep bringing that ******* on there.

I will miss it.
I'm sure Draymond has a podcast you can listen to his awful takes on still.
Nah, I am usually too busy eating broken glass to subject myself to his drivel.

2. Stage is looking too big for Ant. I think he's in his head trying to figure out how to be a playmaker vs how to be a scorer instead of just playing ball. Not surprsing at 22.

@msudaisy26.
isn’t this just kind of who Ant has been through his career to this point, in terms of being inconsistent? He has amazing highs and doesn’t show up some percentage of the time. I think we’re just getting his downside at an inopportune time.
Kind of, but as someone who has watched most of his games in his career this is definitely something different. He's either hurting from that fall against Denver in Game 6, or hie's being overwhelmed by the moment/Dallas defense. I don't think he's taken any sort of stupid but he makes them mid-range turnarounds this series.

Draymond is just up there to constantly drive a grudge against a better defender than himself. It's so ****ing obnoxious IMO.
It's a really bad look for TNT that they let him come out there and drag a guy he assaulted on the court earlier this season. Inside the NBA is unwatchable with that POS on there.
Not like there is really any downside to it since Inside/TNT is pretty much done. Feels like you would rather go out on top than with this scumbag though.

Maybe it is all some elaborate setup for Chuck and Shaq to drop him through a table Dudley Boyz style? That is about the only thing that could redeem this ********.
Yep. Inside the NBA won't be missed by me or many others if the plan was to keep bringing that ******* on there.

I will miss it.

I will miss inside the NBA, never heard his podcast.

I will miss it.

I will miss inside the NBA, never heard his podcast.
Inside the NBA is one of the few sports shows that is worth watching. Decent analysis and good-natured humor.

Draymond has no place there. He's obviously grinding an axe against a player he ****ing choked this year. It is shameful

I liked what Jaden Hardy gave them tonight. He had some ill-advised takes, but he played with a ton of confidence.

Gotta think you just excise Exum at this point, dude has like Ben Simmons levels of aggressiveness out there on offense.

I generally don't give **** to officials. It's very hard. Missing the Kyrie foul on McDaniels was bad though. He was staring right at the play. Also super dumb rule that they can't change that to a foul.

However, my favorite play/referee absurdness was a Slo Mo free throw in the first quarter where they called a lane violation on him. What a **** call.

This is before he shoots https://imgur.com/a/InnpOu2
This is the violation https://imgur.com/a/lane-violation-dY8jRHh

Technically he did touch down in the lane like .0003 seconds before it hits the rim, and I know they never call the violation on the guys down low, but come on
One of the dumbest things ever. Everyone who has every played basketball knows you don't call a ticky tack foul on that kind of play, and you do give the ball to, in this case the Wolves, the guy who technically got fouled regardless of who actually touched it. Its so dumb that they can review it and not do the right thing. Kyrie obviously caused the ball to go out. Just dumb.

Reactions: Zow
However, my favorite play/referee absurdness was a Slo Mo free throw in the first quarter where they called a lane violation on him. What a **** call.

Technically he did touch down in the lane like .0003 seconds before it hits the rim, and I know they never call the violation on the guys down low, but come on
I think the lane violation stuff is absurd, however something I think you are wrong about is the shooter violation rule. Now granted, I only know HS rules, but I think this principal is the same at all levels.

Their body isn't supposed to cross the plane of the FT line. Has nothing to do with touching down. There is a lot of leeway given for the fact that arms will cross during shooting, but it is to prevent guys from basically jumping into the lane during their shot.

ETA - here is the NBA rule:
"The free throw shooter may not step over the plane of the free throw line until the ball touches the basket ring, backboard or the free throw ends."

I think the lane violation stuff is absurd, however something I think you are wrong about is the shooter violation rule. Now granted, I only know HS rules, but I think this principal is the same at all levels.

Their body isn't supposed to cross the plane of the FT line. Has nothing to do with touching down. There is a lot of leeway given for the fact that arms will cross during shooting, but it is to prevent guys from basically jumping into the lane during their shot.

ETA - here is the NBA rule:
"The free throw shooter may not step over the plane of the free throw line until the ball touches the basket ring, backboard or the free throw ends."
Didn't know that, thanks. I always thought the rule was you couldn't touch down.

Is this where we act like Doncic is the only one who talks trash on the court? Let's be serious. I just think he is more demonstrative than others with both his trash talking and complaining to the officials, but most NBA players do it. If ANT had hit the winning shot last night and done the exact same thing, I'll bet almost no one would have had a problem with it.

Is this where we act like Doncic is the only one who talks trash on the court? Let's be serious. I just think he is more demonstrative than others with both his trash talking and complaining to the officials, but most NBA players do it. If ANT had hit the winning shot last night and done the exact same thing, I'll bet almost no one would have had a problem with it.
I don't think anyone said that or even mildly implied it. Personally, it's just this kind of stuff that causes me to tune out of the NBA (and increasingly the NFL). Luca just seemed like he's different. Turns out he's typical.

No judgments if that's the stuff that you like. It's just not for me.

The only NBA star in the last 50 years who didn't talk trash ever was Tim Duncan. Not sure Kawhi does either but I've not heard or noticed him. Even Jrue Holiday and Derrick White (two of the nicest guys in the league) will talk trash on occasion.

Not including yesterday's game. (Ant complainer a lot) No one would care because he doesn't complain, people hate when Embiid talks trash because he complains, if Tatum hit a game winner and did that we would all hate it. You can't be one of the leagues biggest whiners when things don't go your way and then talk all the trash when things go your way. It is super annoying.

I don't think anyone said that or even mildly implied it. Personally, it's just this kind of stuff that causes me to tune out of the NBA (and increasingly the NFL). Luca just seemed like he's different. Turns out he's typical.

No judgments if that's the stuff that you like. It's just not for me.
I am not a big fan of it, and I do wish he would tone it down. I am just not going to pretend that others aren't doing the same thing. I find floppers to be way, way worse.

Haliburton out for game 3. That is a bummer.
That sucks. Wanted Boston to face the best version of Indy so they stay sharp and work at it. Now they'll probably sleepwalk to a close game tonight and either barely win it late or actually lose.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Boston will find a way to lose this :lmao:

TJ McConnell quadruple double.
He's such a smart player.

FWIW (probably not much), post-season WS/48 for all players still playing (who have played at least 250 playoff minutes):

White BOS .239
Edwards MIN .199
Tatum BOS .197
Lively DAL .193
Gobert MIN .185
Holiday BOS .178
KAT MIN .175
Haliburton IND .170
Pritchard BOS .159
Gafford DAL .155
Horford BOS .154
Brown .BOS .153
Siakam IND .151
Luka DAL .148
Toppin IND .145
Reid MIN .139
Kyrie DAL .139
McDaniels MIN .130
Turner IND .127
Conley MIN .124
Nembhard IND .119
McConnell IND .093
Washington DAL .090
Alexander-Walker MIN 0.59
Sheppard IND .054
Nesmith IND .045

The only NBA star in the last 50 years who didn't talk trash ever was Tim Duncan. Not sure Kawhi does either but I've not heard or noticed him. Even Jrue Holiday and Derrick White (two of the nicest guys in the league) will talk trash on occasion.
I don’t believe Stockton talk trash.

Just realizing Kornet is out.

They are just going to pound Siakam and Turner inside all game long.

Last edited:
Celtics scored 16 points the first 3 minutes of the game, seemed like they were making all the shots, on pace for 64 in the 1st Q
Almost halftime and they haven't even cleared 50, they have slowed way down and Al Horford is chucking up 3s

I just got home from my nephew's grad party. What the hell is going on?

Celtics scored 16 points the first 3 minutes of the game, seemed like they were making all the shots, on pace for 64 in the 1st Q
Almost halftime and they haven't even cleared 50, they have slowed way down and Al Horford is chucking up 3s

Loving the Minestrone hot soup updates..

Daisy wanted to know what happened so I gave a quick summary ID, can it along with your vague sense of unease please
:p

I just got home from my nephew's grad party. What the hell is going on?

Loving the Minestrone hot soup updates..

Daisy wanted to know what happened so I gave a quick summary ID, can it along with your vague sense of unease please
:p
I said it with love

They don't usually happen because of requests

Users who are viewing this thread