What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread, Presented by YouTubeTV (47 Viewers)

I think this is gonna be a really good series.

When it comes down to it, I think Mavs in 6. Decent chance of a similar lose game 1, win 2-3, win 5-6.

For me it comes down to: Minnesota has nobody to effectively guard Luka. Dallas has plenty of guys to throw at Ant. I’d rather have Kyrie than Towns, and there’s no hiding place for Gobert. He will have to guard the roller, can’t hang out on a non shooter like Aaron Gordon on the side and still be rim protection.

There will be many adjustments, and it may come down to whether PJ and DJJ keep breathing flames, but those last two OKC games Luka had noticeably more lift on stepbacks and rebounds. If that holds, I think they win.

I could also see anything up to seven or the “competitive sweep” where every game is like 1 point. Idk man. I’m excited for some really good basketball.

I’m out of town during 3/4 so I’m also reeeaalllllly hoping for a Game 6, or a series win before then so I can go to a finals game.
I respectfully think your analysis above is derived from a rose-colored lens. Friendly wager?
Sure. What are you thinking?
Round of golf next time one of us is in the other's respective area?
Love it. I warn you I don’t have access to any fancy clubs, so best I can do is PGA Frisco probably? Feel like an ok range? (I’m sure there are plenty of similar Phoenix courses, but I’ve in played three)
Sounds good!

This Luka + Kyrie thing is not great.
They drive and finish like no other.

But, I’m not afraid of anybody else on the team and eventually they’ll get tired I think.
They've showed that it doesn't have to be about them exclusively. Jones and Washington have been drilling 3s. Their bigs can finish.

I still think Minny wins this (game plus series) but the Mavs will make it difficult.

This Luka + Kyrie thing is not great.
They drive and finish like no other.

But, I’m not afraid of anybody else on the team and eventually they’ll get tired I think.
They've showed that it doesn't have to be about them exclusively. Jones and Washington have been drilling 3s. Their bigs can finish.

I still think Minny wins this (game plus series) but the Mavs will make it difficult.
They’re doing a great job staying in this. Minnesota is playing very well and Dallas is right there.

Good game so far.

TF is "pocket pass"? I've been playing basketball for over 40 years and have no clue. Hear it on pretty much every NBA broadcast. I guess I could Google....

TF is "pocket pass"? I've been playing basketball for over 40 years and have no clue. Hear it on pretty much every NBA broadcast. I guess I could Google....
What is the pocket pass. The pocket pass consists of action in which an offensive player in possession of the basketball throws it to a teammate, particularly between the open space of an on-ball primary defender as well as an adjacent off-ball secondary defender.

What is the pocket pass. The pocket pass consists of action in which an offensive player in possession of the basketball throws it to a teammate, particularly between the open space of an on-ball primary defender as well as an adjacent off-ball secondary defender.
:oldunsure: ChatGPT response? I still don't get it. LOL

I googled it because I'm not sure how to explain it, nor if I know exaclty what it is.

I think it's passing to the roller afte a pick and roll at the top of the key when the roller is at around the free throw line. Maybe?

Like threading the needle

I googled it because I'm not sure how to explain it, nor if I know exaclty what it is.

I think it's passing to the roller afte a pick and roll at the top of the key when the roller is at around the free throw line. Maybe?
I can see that... not sure what it has to do with a pocket tho. haha

"pocket" meaning small space

it's just a short-area pass in a tight space between defenders

Fair enough. I hear it enough where I guess it's a "thing" but never could figure it out. I thought maybe because the passer threw it from a lower area (aka their "pocket")? Confusing.

I always thought it meant pass/bounce pass the receiver caught near his hip. :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread