What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 FBG Subscriber Contest (2 Viewers)

FBG consensus projections put the cutline at 134.
My team's projection is 139 and just a tiny bit above the median, which does not make me feel very comfortable.

It sucks that I'm out, but at least I'm not stressing about my QB getting banged up, or players not scoring points.

I'm rooting for the rest of you. :clap:

Yeah so good chance my rooster is cooked. But I suppose I can still try and repeat the one year I made the finals and finished dead last because my team got destroyed by injuries in the last couple of weeks.
-QG

ended up 20.95 and Browning found Chase for a TD. But (Pickett - 11.75) is not a recipe for success.

My contest, fantasy and team I root for roosters all taking a brutal blow at the same time.

-QG

364 - WR Zay Flowers - 8.00
194 - TD Baltimore Ravens - 5.00
116 - RB Joe Mixon - 18.50
74 - QB Lamar Jackson - 30.60
61 - PK Evan McPherson - 10.00
58 - RB JK Dobbins - 0.00
56 - WR Odell Beckham - 15.60
56 - PK Justin Tucker - 11.70
54 - QB Joe Burrow - 11.75
39 - WR Ja'Marr Chase - 9.20
35 - TE Isaiah Likely - 0.00
31 - TE Mark Andrews - 5.30
30 - RB Chris Evans - 0.00
23 - WR Rashod Bateman - 8.00
19 - WR Tyler Boyd - 5.20
18 - TE Irv Smith - 0.00
18 - RB Chase Brown - 0.00
17 - TD Cincinnati Bengals - 3.00
13 - RB Gus Edwards - 20.00
4 - WR Tee Higgins - 0.00

Updated estimate using tonight's results and FBG consensus projections: 134.11.

My updated estimate: 137.84. :oops: A little close for comfort. I only had Flowers tonight, but he was projected to count and underperformed a bit, thanks to that called-back TD. Grr.

I have really enjoyed this contest for a few years now. I was thinking of trying other best ball games next year at ffpc. Does anyone have any experience with them? Is the season long best ball a similar experience to this contest?

I have really enjoyed this contest for a few years now. I was thinking of trying other best ball games next year at ffpc. Does anyone have any experience with them? Is the season long best ball a similar experience to this contest?
I haven’t found one similar to this format where you select a roster based on salary. It is my favorite format because you have much more control of roster construction.

I have participated in NFFC several years ago, rosters were drafted. Fun.

Bestball is definitely the best fantasy format, IMO.

I feel like I've been dodging bullets all season avoiding injuries, and I don't have Burrow or Andrews here (do have Andrews on both my dynasty teams), but I do have Chase in the contest and with the Burrow injury this clearly seems like a big blow to his big-game upside in the final round (should I even make it that far).

I feel like I've been dodging bullets all season avoiding injuries, and I don't have Burrow or Andrews here (do have Andrews on both my dynasty teams), but I do have Chase in the contest and with the Burrow injury this clearly seems like a big blow to his big-game upside in the final round (should I even make it that far).
Your stud-filled team is fun to follow. We share QB Herbert, RB Kamara, WR's Hill & Dotson, TE's Waller, Ferguson, & Musgrave, PK's Carlson & Santos, and TD Texans

12 teams playing in 3 national and 3 local games this week... I've got a notable player rooting interest for my squad for only 2 of the 12 teams (Chase on Thu, Dotson on Sun).
16 teams playing in 8 games not being televised here this week... I've got a notable player rooting interest for my squad for 10 of the 16 teams not being televised here.

C'est la vie. Currently FBG projections put my squad ~8 above the cut lion this w... eek!

A lot of firepower in the MNF KC PHI matchup....anyone near the cut lion will be sweating bullets all day Monday.

167 - RB Gainwell - Hasn't gotten much work since week 3, with a high of 8 touches
119 - WR Moore - Has moved down the depth chart, and has only 9 catches over the last 6 games
102 - QB Hurts - Currently QB2 in the contest
95 - TD Philadelphia Eagles - Middle of the pack, averaging 6.4 PPG
94 - PK Elliott - If not for Dustin Hopkins, Jake would be K1
80 - RB Pacheco - 148 touches is nice, but he's only hit 100 yds combined once
72 - WR Brown - Having a monster year and will move the line
71 - TE Gray - The quiet star of the team (OK, I rostered him)
70 - QB Mahomes - Currently QB7 in the contest
58 - PK Butker - The only full-time kicker who has yet to miss a FG or EP; currently K7
54 - WR Valdes-Scantling - Is getting decent playing time, but only 1 game over 50 yards and 1 TD on the year
47 - D'Andre Swift - The clear RB1 in PHI, averaging 13 PPG
45 - WR Toney - Has become an afterthought, with only 1 target in each of the last 3 games
44 - WR Ross - On Commissioner's Exempt List, so I doubt he shows up in the box score
40 - TE Kelce - He's been a monster averaging 21.15 in his 8 games
35 - TE Goedert - Still out with his forearm
30 - WR Rice - Has established himself as the top WR, but is on only 2.9% of live roosters
27 - RB Penny - Has more contest owners than yards combined
23 - RB McKinnon - He's gonna need more than 5 touches to make a difference
23 - TD Kansas City Chiefs - Middle of the pack, averaging 7 pts a game
22 - WR Smith - Too rare to make a difference (2.1%)
14 - RB Scott - Only scraps left for Boston
11 - RB Edwards-Helaire - 9 snaps or less in the last 6 games
10 - WR Hardman - 35 receiving yards on the year; almost hit 14 yards in week 8, but he didn't
9 - WR James - On IR, so he will be a non-factor for sure
4 - QB Mariota - A complete non-factor in the scoring

By the looks of it, PHI will be moving the line more than KC. The only players over 10% owned have not contributed much.

I know people were posting their team's MVP, so I decided to look at mine. I would consider someone an MVP if I would've been booted without their score in a given week. There is only 1 instance of this, and it happened in week 1. I cleared the line comfortably by 29.75 points, but if I had to remove Tyreek's 44.5 and replace it with Javonte's 7.7, I would've missed the cut by 7.05 points.

Of the live teams remaining:
- 6 rostered 1 QB
- 421 rostered 2 QB's
- 509 rostered 3 QB's
- 76 rostered 4 QB's
- 12 rostered 5 QB's
- 2 rostered 6 QB's

- 255 spent $0 - $30 on QB's
- 576 spent $30 - $40 on QB's
- 234 spent $40 - $50 on QB's
- 55 spent $50+ on QB's

I know people were posting their team's MVP, so I decided to look at mine. I would consider someone an MVP if I would've been booted without their score in a given week. There is only 1 instance of this, and it happened in week 1. I cleared the line comfortably by 29.75 points, but if I had to remove Tyreek's 44.5 and replace it with Javonte's 7.7, I would've missed the cut by 7.05 points.

So is Alec Pierce my team's MVP? 🤔

-QG

So is Alec Pierce my team's MVP? 🤔

-QG
After looking at your team, no single player saved you in weeks 1 thru 5 or 7 thru 10. In week 6, however, you made the cut by a mere 0.70. That means all 10 players that counted are your MVP's! If you would've had to use any of the other 15 scores, you would've been cut.

I think I'm done this week. Burrow and Cousins are my 2 qbs.
At least Joe Burrow got you 11.75 before he went down. But you don't have much room for error with Alvin Kamara on bye, Dameon Pierce unlikely to play, and Khalil Herbert coming back with D'Onta Foreman looking good. Gonna need Walker and Warren to have good games. And with Engram as your only active TE, your 2 flexes may have to come from your 5 WR's. So yeah, a nail biting week for sure. Best of luck, Devil!

Hill could still be your MVP, but I pretty sure if you had used Hill's huge price tag on almost anything else you would have cleared in week one.

Week 10 started with 19 folks still eligible for @Joe Bryant extra $100 prize. Today we mourn the loss of @Puppies @apalmer @wollac @Shaunz33

Let's congratulate the following for advancing:
Page 10 - @QuizGuy66 @cstruk @ZWK @Kruegs @scottybo @Balco @TrishaRita
Page 9 - @firstseason1988 @SeniorVBDStudent @bamabuddha
Page 8 - @BroncosFan07 @(HULK) @a_troll00 @Deamon
Page 7 - @HairySasquatch

Of note
- Our highest score of the week was @bamabuddha with 180.8 points. Five RB's in double digits must be nice.
- Our lowest survivor was @cstruk with 138.35 points, and he needed all those James Cook yards on that last drive.
- The overall contest survival rate is 10.27%. For Joe's extra bucks, the survival rate is 38.46%.

Bring on week 11!
I'm surprised my all rookie (- 1 kicker) team is still kicking. And Puka isn't on my team....I will just keep enjoying the ride.

after 1pm

115.75 + (McCaffrey/Walker/Gainwell - 2.10/5.10/9.20/11.30) + (Nacua - 9.20/11.30/16.30) + (Kincaid/Otton - 8.80/9.20/11.30) + (Rams - 4.00)

So a lot of bullets to maybe skate through but all my QB points after this week are gonna be courtesy of Pickett so....
-QG

Don’t like my chances. Just didn’t have the typical one running back blow up.

At 127 and change.

Skyy Moore, Sutton, James Cook, Gainwell left. Have to clear 7 to start counting. Another sub par game from etienne is going to do me in

I think I'm at 161.7 + CMC's 2nd half, so should be good even though I don't have any SNF/MNF players. Shout outs to Herbert and Hill for being themselves, Jayden Reed and Cairo Santos for big games, and HOU D for posting their top score of the season in the week that they're my only active D.

Just looking at the box score (I don't have the game)... is Puka even on the field? 10 targets in the first half and not one with his name on it. Fortunately it doesn't look like I need anything from him this week. [Edit: Oh, there he is... touchdown with <10 seconds in the half! :-) He's got another 1.8 to go in the 2nd half until he starts counting.]

Last edited:
I haven’t had to sweat a SNF/MNF yet, but this week is going to bite me. I’m up 31+ on the 1PM cut, but not much beyond that. Shakir (currently 1-27), Puca (1-4), MVS and Gainwell replacing 3.6, 6.3 and 7.3 and Denver D (9).

Considering that the first two guys aren’t doing squat, and I can get 55 -1 odds on both Gainwell and MVS scoring a touchdown. It’s been a good run.

Last edited:
I haven’t had to sweat a SNF/MNF yet, but this week is going to bite me. I’m up 31+ on the 1PM cut, but not much beyond that. Shakir (currently 1-27), Puca (1-4), MVS and Gainwell replacing 3.6, 6.3 and 7.3 and Denver D (9).

Considering that the first two guys aren’t doing squat, and I can get 55 -1 odds on both Gainwell and MVS scoring a touchdown. It’s been a good run.
I've already scored more after the 1pm game then every cut this year but one. I've got 4 bullets left replacing some crappy scores. See yeah guys next week.

This is going to be my biggest week of the season, I'm over 190 with the 4 PM games.

I'm still absolutely befuddled that I'm still alive with all of the injuries my team has endured.

Assuming Kincaid is done posting numbers for the day, per Quizzomatic I am at 146.75 + (Gainwell - 5.10).

Gotta see what the Turkomatic says but my banged up rooster is officially sweating

-QG

Cut Line Comparison for years 2021 - 2022 - 2023

Note that 2021 was the last year before swithing to a percentage cut line each week, with the percentage getting higher as the season progressed. That's why the cut lines are so much higher in the early weeks of 2021, versus the lower (10%) cut line the first few weeks of 2022 and 2023. the number of teams on bye is shown below the cut line for the applicable weeks.

WEEK >>>​
1​
2​
3​
4​
5​
6​
7​
8​
9​
10​
11​
12​
13​
14​
2023 Cut Line
???
???
???
???
Teams on Bye
---
---
2022 Cut Line
125.05​
119.10​
133.05​
142.00​
139.80​
117.35​
120.00​
134.85​
126.15​
141.20​
117.00​
141.70​
145.10​
136.35​
Teams on Bye
4​
4​
2​
6​
4​
4​
---​
6​
2021 Cut Line
151.15​
150.15​
156.30​
143.35​
178.20​
146.35​
116.45​
131.15​
120.05​
138.00​
141.55​
133.45​
146.45​
143.45​
Teams on Bye
4​
6​
2​
4​
4​
2​
2​
4​
4​
Bump for you newbies who think the cut line is going to explode on a 4 team bye week with half the league injured.

Wow, I went out for a cigar and a drink and came home to find out that both Puca and Shakir had touchdowns. That puts me at 166 with MVS/Gainwell -8. Suddenly I feel like I’m moving on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread