What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

At Work Today & It's Slow - Ask Me Anything. (1 Viewer)

Why do they make thick air filters when they only f up heating units?
Because they filter more of the air, which can be good for those with allergies and such. The only way they eff up a heating/cooling system is if there isn't enough return air to handle it.

Is it true the Kansas Side is the superior Kansas City?
No.

So, the Kansas City Metro area is really a city of suburbs and encompasses both sides of the state line.

1. Kansas City, MO is the old traditional part of KC. Some good and bad here and has most of the good museums, concert halls, bar districts, etc. Also has the Royals, Chiefs, and KC Current women's soccer team.

2. Kansas City, KS - mostly some bad areas but the western part of the city has been revitalized over the last ten years due to the NASCAR track out there. They also house Sporting KC soccer and a minor league baseball team. The smallest county in the metro and also poor with high taxes. I grew up here.

3. Overland Park, KS. The wealthy suburb and always on lists of great places to raise your family. Relatively safe, great schools, all your suburban accoutrements, well taken care of in terms and roads and utilities.

4. Lees Summit, MO. Basically Overland Park on the Missouri side.

And then there are another probably 10 smaller suburbs on both sides of the state line. Kansas City is also home of the developer who invented racial covenants for home's associations that were copied in cities all around the USA way back when. Some dark history here.

All ok, gb.

I'm my heaviest/fattest ever... So I HAVE to figure out my Achilles and get back running. I miss it.

On my to see my mom in CA who's ALS has been incredibly aggressive. ****ing sucks.
Ugh. Sorry to hear that. I'll say a prayer for her and your family.

How much of an increase are the HVAC companies hitting us up for this year for equipment that last 1/3 as long as my parents HVAC units?

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
How much of an increase are the HVAC companies hitting us up for this year for equipment that last 1/3 as long as my parents HVAC units?
Haven't heard yet but probably another 8-10%.

It's a joke. They are raising prices just for greed at this point. My parts prices for repair work will fluctuate from time to time as normal. But new equipment (which is made with those parts that are right around normal) has been seeing price increases a couple times a year since Covid.

Pure greed.

Break down the quality of bathroom options at your place of work. How do you choose which one to use and when?

It's a joke. They are raising prices just for greed at this point. My parts prices for repair work will fluctuate from time to time as normal. But new equipment (which is made with those parts that are right around normal) has been seeing price increases a couple times a year since Covid.

Pure greed.
Ouch....

I've been without heat for a second winter now. Was going to cost 3k to repair (cracked heat exchanger) and the system is 15 years old, so you know as soon as I do that the AC will bite the dust and I'll need shell out $12k for a replacement system. Err....make that $13k now.

Pure greed.
Ouch....

I've been without heat for a second winter now. Was going to cost 3k to repair (cracked heat exchanger) and the system is 15 years old, so you know as soon as I do that the AC will bite the dust and I'll need shell out $12k for a replacement system. Err....make that $13k now.
If your furnace is only 15 years old that heat exchanger should be under warranty as far as parts are concerned. So your labor should only be around $1500 at most. PM me your model and serial number and I can check.

Break down the quality of bathroom options at your place of work. How do you choose which one to use and when?
So, we have two bathrooms.

1. Main office: this is in the nice part of the building where I sit and the rest of the office staff. We are small - there are only a max of 4 of us here at any one time.

2. Shop: this is the warehouse part of the building where we store our parts, equipment, materials, equipment for making ductwork, etc. The bathroom is heated and cooled but in the winter can get pretty chilly on cold days.

I do most of the heavy lifting in the shop bathroom. We rarely have anyone in there - the techs are out working and only swing through a couple times a week. The other two owners also use this one because the indoor one is used almost exclusively by the office manager. She's not here all the time, so I think we all have just figured we don't wanna do in there with our a-cannons and making a mess of the place.

The one in the shop is private and quiet so a guy can let go without fear of embarrassment.

what happened to the Chiefs?
Man, good question. Here is my opinion in no particular order:

1. The loss of Bienenemy removed the one guy who could be a hard-*** and hold guys accountable for the small details in practice. And it's really manifesting itself with tons of penalties, lining up in the wrong spot, turnovers.....just an overall lack of focus.

2. They are tired. They have been to (5) AFC championship games in a row. Which means they've played almost another 3 weeks of football each year for the last FIVE years. That's gotta wear on a team.

3. Kelce is still hurt from that knee injury he suffered in training camp.

4. Mahomes has an injury that we will find out about later. I think it's his shoulder or elbow. He just does not have the same zip on his throws. So he's not even trying the tight window throws that often because I think he knows he can't get in there in time. So he's opting for wide open receivers, which as we know he does not have. But they aren't THIS bad. He's hesitating, and we all know what you say about someone who hesitates.

Are you a Swiftie?
Not really, but I like her. She has a ton of talent and a ton of sass to her. Her article in TIME magazine for person of the year for 2023 is outstanding. I hope she and Kelce gets married. She seems like a pretty cool person all-in-all.

How do you feel about the departure of the Kansas City Kings franchise so many years ago?
Oh man, talk about an event that altered the trajectory of my sports fan-dom.

That move crushed me. I was a huge Kings fan back in the day. I remember meeting the team at the airport when they won the Western Conference semifinals and getting autographs.

Loved me some Reggie King, Scotty "Rainbow" Wedman, Otis Birdsong, Sam Lacey.....all those guys. And 'ol Cotton Fitzsimmons at coach.

I haven't really been an NBA fan since.

1. Main office: this is in the nice part of the building where I sit and the rest of the office staff. We are small - there are only a max of 4 of us here at any one time.

2. Shop: this is the warehouse part of the building where we store our parts, equipment, materials, equipment for making ductwork, etc. The bathroom is heated and cooled but in the winter can get pretty chilly on cold days.

I do most of the heavy lifting in the shop bathroom. We rarely have anyone in there - the techs are out working and only swing through a couple times a week. The other two owners also use this one because the indoor one is used almost exclusively by the office manager. She's not here all the time, so I think we all have just figured we don't wanna do in there with our a-cannons and making a mess of the place.

The one in the shop is private and quiet so a guy can let go without fear of embarrassment.
So both are singles? That's tough and unforgiving in the office environment. Your plan and approach sounds optimal.

Does the office manager attempt to "decorate" and pretty up the main bathroom?

So both are singles? That's tough and unforgiving in the office environment. Your plan and approach sounds optimal.

Does the office manager attempt to "decorate" and pretty up the main bathroom?
Yeah, both singles. But the only two people who use them daily are her and I.

The main office bathroom is naturally nicer because it's painted nice with some artwork and such in there, but I think that was here before she got here.

It works out for the best really. I get the privacy and sense of my own personal bathroom with the shop one.

Reactions: JAA
How much do ceiling fans help if you already have a modern HVAC system?
I personally use them all the time. My wife and I don't like a cold house during summer so we run our ceiling fans at night in our room.

I gotta believe my electric bill is lower in the summer because of it, but I've never really cared to calculate it out. It would be negligible in my opinion. And if a house had those ceiling fans way up in those high ceilings and they are running all the time? In my opinion it's just a waste of electricity. You won't get enough air flow to make a difference in my opinion.

so what is KC sports radio like today?
I only listened a little bit on the way in and will again on the way home, but honestly not too bad.

Most of the shows here really don't take calls anymore, which is a good thing. I would say most of our hosts here aren't extremists. They tend to be pretty practical and even keel about our teams. So what we saw yesterday was really just a continuation of what the Chiefs have been all year:

Just not very good.

Not too much sky-is-falling here. More like discussion on the things they are going to have to address in the offseason.

Why do people use the phrase “I laughed so hard I nearly pi$$ed myself”? Do you find that phrase odd at all?
It's because women lose a little bladder control after having children. Most women after having gave birth will pee a few drops whenever hilarious laughter hits.

How do you feel about the departure of the Kansas City Kings franchise so many years ago?
Oh man, talk about an event that altered the trajectory of my sports fan-dom.

That move crushed me. I was a huge Kings fan back in the day. I remember meeting the team at the airport when they won the Western Conference semifinals and getting autographs.

Loved me some Reggie King, Scotty "Rainbow" Wedman, Otis Birdsong, Sam Lacey.....all those guys. And 'ol Cotton Fitzsimmons at coach.

I haven't really been an NBA fan since.
Why no mention of Nate Archibald? That’s who I think of when I think of the Kansas City Kings.

Users who are viewing this thread