What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (4 Viewers)

Golf courses with leagues..that don't have a beer cart. Beyond how it sucks cause I can't get a beer..They HAVE to be leaving money on the table right? I don't get it.
Can't buy in the clubhouse with a bag of ice?
Nope. And not the point
Totally get that it's not the point, and ridiculous. But what the hell is up with a course not allowing you to buy in the clubhouse? I hope you at least stash a six pack in a small cooler or something
Stashing is all you can do. Which is totally and completely illegal in michigan.
Illegal?

Golf courses with leagues..that don't have a beer cart. Beyond how it sucks cause I can't get a beer..They HAVE to be leaving money on the table right? I don't get it.
Nope. And not the point
Totally get that it's not the point, and ridiculous. But what the hell is up with a course not allowing you to buy in the clubhouse? I hope you at least stash a six pack in a small cooler or something
Stashing is all you can do. Which is totally and completely illegal in michigan.
I mean nobody enforces that **** though

Nope. And not the point
Thankfully generally not. BUT...Not sure if this is just a Michigan thing...Some cheaper courses actually put stickers around their beer cans and bottles so they can be identified as being bought on the course from a distance. Now..those that do do that seem to have a beer cart. Whatever...beyond the fact that there are ways around this, it just seems dumb for both the course and the cute beer girl that could make some good $$ off tips.

Nope. And not the point
Illegal?
Yeah...Cant bring outside alcohol to a golf course. Ever

Those in the sports world, especially fantasy football, who say, "He passes the eye test". Also, "He checks all the boxes".

The worst is "He's gonna eat". Automatic dooshnozzle status if you say this.

I think I might have said it before, “A football move “. God I hate that expression.
“Wow , great golf shot!!”

Dudes playing golf, what other kind of shot could it be?

Nope. And not the point
Thankfully generally not. BUT...Not sure if this is just a Michigan thing...Some cheaper courses actually put stickers around their beer cans and bottles so they can be identified as being bought on the course from a distance. Now..those that do do that seem to have a beer cart. Whatever...beyond the fact that there are ways around this, it just seems dumb for both the course and the cute beer girl that could make some good $$ off tips.
We never agreed on anything politically, but I would gladly join hands with you friend in protesting this abomination of a law

still confused here ...you mean there are places that don't allow you to buy a six pack and ice at the clubhouse to put in your cart? I don't ever remember playing anywhere and not be able to do that.

Nope. And not the point
Illegal?
This does not compute. So the police would become involved? Or the old man in the cart would come yell at you?

This does not compute. So the police would become involved? Or the old man in the cart would come yell at you?

I will say virtually all of the courses I have been at don't allow you to bring your own beer - it's a big money maker for them. Some are extremely tight about it - and plenty of them will kick you off the course mid-round and may not let you come back. Pretty typical.

I will say virtually all of the courses I have been at don't allow you to bring your own beer - it's a big money maker for them. Some are extremely tight about it - and plenty of them will kick you off the course mid-round and may not let you come back. Pretty typical.
That’s fair. A little ingenuity goes a long way though. Especially at place that doesn’t even let you buy from them. I would do it just on principal.

Yet another reason why I gave up ball golf for disc golf. What a stupid rule. Ball golf guys take their **** way way way way WAY too seriously. It's supposed to be fun. Lighten up, Bryson.

Yet another reason why I gave up ball golf for disc golf. What a stupid rule. Ball golf guys take their **** way way way way WAY too seriously. It's supposed to be fun. Lighten up, Bryson.
Does not coordinate with your stance in favor of tightly run HOAs in suburban neighborhoods!

Does not coordinate with your stance in favor of tightly run HOAs in suburban neighborhoods!

If my HOA tells me I can't have a beer while enjoying the outdoors, then we'll have some beef. Until then, keep your boats and campers out of my damn neighborhood and mow your friggin yards!

Nope. And not the point
Illegal?
What part is hard to understand here.

Nope. And not the point
Illegal?
Your use of the word illegal. Seems more like a policy

Nope. And not the point
Illegal?
Might violate the state liquor laws. Some states are odd that way.

Complaining that other people in the extended family "talk all the time, why can't they just be quiet for once" but feel the need to talk all the damn time and not just watch something on TV.

And, constantly are doing the things they complain about... Leave things on the counter, don't put thing away in the fridge, leave wrappers on the table instead of throwing them away....

Not that there is a specific person in my family doing these things.......

Nope. And not the point
Illegal?
Nope...1000% against the law in Michigan. Michigan has very weird alcohol rules. Lots of them

Loud gym guys. I'm not talking about grunting or slamming weights, just yapping at each other loudly, chock full of hearty and outlandish laughter, etc. I guess they're talking over the general noise of the gym, but I think there's more to it. I guess I should invest in some noise-cancelling earbuds but I have funky shaped ears that only certain types of buds tend to fit. :lol:

Graduation announcements.

Every year we get graduation announcements, many from people we haven't kept in contact with for years, but my wife feels obligated to send a gift. Ridiculous.

I'm out $50 because your little Johnny did the bare minimum to get a GPA he can graduate with and now he's off to start a career at the local frozen yogurt shop. Congrats on that.

Every year we get graduation announcements, many from people we haven't kept in contact with for years, but my wife feels obligated to send a gift. Ridiculous.

I'm out $50 because your little Johnny did the bare minimum to get a GPA he can graduate with and now he's off to start a career at the local frozen yogurt shop. Congrats on that.
Love the saltiness

Saw something recently that said "congratulations on completing the easiest part of your life"

Saw something recently that said "congratulations on completing the easiest part of your life"

I want to write that on the memo of the checks.

I'm with you. Worse now, invites aren't sent via mail, but a Facebook invite to the grad party.

I'm with you. Worse now, invites aren't sent via mail, but a Facebook invite to the grad party.
These dont get money from us. They at least have to take the expense and effort of sending a formal announcement/invitation.

People who use a million “likes” when they talk.
Filler words in general has become a huge peeve of mine, and I've gotten more intolerant over the years. I work two days a week in an office with 5 other people:

1. The "y'know what I mean" guy. "I think I'm going to stain my deck this weekend, y'know what I mean?" "That was a great ballgame last night, y'know what I mean?"
2. The "whatnot" guy. "I just finished up that TPS report and whatnot". "This weekend I'm grilling burgers and whatnot". "Do you want cream and whatnot in your coffee?"
3. The "IKR" girl. Glued to her phone 24/7, any comment made to her gets a verbal "I know, right?" without her even processing what was said.
4. The "umm" guy that uses it every 3rd word. He's got a bit of a stammer and uses it as his pause to try and reset so I do kind of feel bad, but a silent pause instead would do this guy wonders.
5. The "like" girl. My personal record is catching 8 likes from her in a single sentence.

And then every once in a while we get a visit from "What have you" guy from Corporate. Similar to Whatnot Guy, anytime he's listing 2+ items he throws it in. "This week we need to focus on Metric 1 and Metric 4 and what have you". "Last night I caught dinner at that new Italian place, then watched a movie and what have you".

Filler words in general has become a huge peeve of mine, and I've gotten more intolerant over the years. I work two days a week in an office with 5 other people:

1. The "y'know what I mean" guy. "I think I'm going to stain my deck this weekend, y'know what I mean?" "That was a great ballgame last night, y'know what I mean?"
2. The "whatnot" guy. "I just finished up that TPS report and whatnot". "This weekend I'm grilling burgers and whatnot". "Do you want cream and whatnot in your coffee?"
3. The "IKR" girl. Glued to her phone 24/7, any comment made to her gets a verbal "I know, right?" without her even processing what was said.
4. The "umm" guy that uses it every 3rd word. He's got a bit of a stammer and uses it as his pause to try and reset so I do kind of feel bad, but a silent pause instead would do this guy wonders.
5. The "like" girl. My personal record is catching 8 likes from her in a single sentence.

And then every once in a while we get a visit from "What have you" guy from Corporate. Similar to Whatnot Guy, anytime he's listing 2+ items he throws it in. "This week we need to focus on Metric 1 and Metric 4 and what have you". "Last night I caught dinner at that new Italian place, then watched a movie and what have you".
Sounds like those people should attend Toastmasters sessions.

I have a "what have you" person in my business life too. I always translate that to "I don't really know what I'm talking about."

Scented dryer sheets are the scrouge of the devil. Just get the unscented ones, people! I don't want to smell your cheap perfume.
Where ya been? Dryer sheets are soooo 2000! Now that even leisurewear is made with that Dri-Fit material, you have to be careful using them in any kind of laundry. We just buy the dryer balls and they work like a charm with no risk to your clothes' ability to wick away sweat as you lay on the couch.

Scented dryer sheets are the scrouge of the devil. Just get the unscented ones, people! I don't want to smell your cheap perfume.
Where ya been? Dryer sheets are soooo 2000! Now that even leisurewear is made with that Dri-Fit material, you have to be careful using them in any kind of laundry. We just buy the dryer balls and they work like a charm with no risk to your clothes' ability to wick away sweat as you lay on the couch.
I don't use any of that stuff. The dryer does the job all by inself. It's odor from all the people using scented ones that I can smell on the breeze.

Get off my lawn, dammit.

Why don't all potato chip manufacturers recognize that the objectively best way to open a bag of chips is by pulling at each side, yet so many still insist on using the world's strongest super glue to seal their bags shut and offering the "tear here" solution as the only way to open.

Why don't all potato chip manufacturers recognize that the objectively best way to open a bag of chips is by pulling at each side, yet so many still insist on using the world's strongest super glue to seal their bags shut and offering the "tear here" solution as the only way to open.
Because then you would never accidentally tear the bag apart and send chips flying everywhere, and where's the fun in that?

I had a bag of Sun Chips on a plane yesterday that was absolutely impossible to open, even with trying to make a tear in it using my teeth. I finally got it open but I was shocked the chips didn't go flying everywhere since it took a considerable amount of force to open it.

Also, cereal bags that tear vertically instead of opening up horizontally the way they're supposed to. Why is this such a difficult engineering problem?

I have two of these I deal with regularly. The “you know” guy is very smart and generally articulate until I noticed our interactions increased recently. He throws a “you know” into virtually every sentence. The “whatnot“ guy is even worse, since he is senior executive in my organization and makes himself sound like an idiot. In addition to “whatnot” he also uses “and stuff” constantly. I even heard him say “and stuff and stuff” one time.

Im getting irritated just typing this.

Also, cereal bags that tear vertically instead of opening up horizontally the way they're supposed to. Why is this such a difficult engineering problem?
I find it varies by cereal brand. I can never open my son's Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal bags (end up using scissors), but for example when I get Raisin Bran for myself, I can open that bag the way it's intended.

I have two of these I deal with regularly. The “you know” guy is very smart and generally articulate until I noticed our interactions increased recently. He throws a “you know” into virtually every sentence. The “whatnot“ guy is even worse, since he is senior executive in my organization and makes himself sound like an idiot. In addition to “whatnot” he also uses “and stuff” constantly. I even heard him say “and stuff and stuff” one time.

Im getting irritated just typing this.
In the 35th season of Survivor, there was a contestant who said “and things like that” at the end of every sentence. Luckily he didn’t get much screen time.

A few days ago, I was stuck driving while my wife was on a work video call (and forgot her headphones). The bulk of it was someone giving a half-hour presentation where every single sentence ended in, "right?" Plenty of them mid-sentence as well.

Painful.

Users who are viewing this thread