What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chiefs vs. Rams - Battle of Missouri - Week 11 (2 Viewers)

Apparently players were saying they refused to play.  This is going to be a nightmare for ticket refunds, season ticket holder tickets, etc.  With such a great matchup, they probably won't have too hard of a time selling the game out though.

The President must be celebrating.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

The NFL will move the Monday, November 19, Chiefs-Rams game originally scheduled for Estadio Azteca in Mexico City to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles due to field conditions.

So glad they moved this game.  Less travel, no elevation concerns, should be a much better setting for what's looking like a phenomenal game. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad they moved this game.  Less travel, no elevation concerns, should be a much better setting for what's looking like a phenomenal game. 
I was at Pats-Raiders last year. As a Pats fan I've been to dozens of visiting stadiums and two SBs. Mexico City was my favorite live NFL viewing experience. 

Am I the only one that was hoping they'd play in Mexico with the poor field?  Don't want injuries... just the under. 

I need to win to make the playoffs and I'm going against a plethora of guys in this game... 

If the NFL was serious about considering the health and safety of their players, they would have moved the game to Los Angeles AND postponed it for a week. Both the Rams and Chiefs have byes next week. I think the air quality in LA would be much better by then. Still not sure (aside from $$$ - which they are losing anyway) why this wasn't considered.

If the NFL was serious about considering the health and safety of their players, they would have moved the game to Los Angeles AND postponed it for a week. Both the Rams and Chiefs have byes next week. I think the air quality in LA would be much better by then. Still not sure (aside from $$$ - which they are losing anyway) why this wasn't considered.
there are probably tons of reason....one of the first that comes to mind is that players/coaches, teams, etc make a bunch of plans for/based on their bye week....travel, mini vacations, etc....just all of a sudden telling those teams "right now is your bye week" ...on the Tuesday of "your bye week" is not really cool.....I understand the thousands of people who have had their plans impacted by this, but the NFL probably cares about the teams as well, maybe more so than the fans....because "the fans" will still show up/watch.....and their is no void in the MNF schedule...

there are probably tons of reason....one of the first that comes to mind is that players/coaches, teams, etc make a bunch of plans for/based on their bye week....travel, mini vacations, etc....just all of a sudden telling those teams "right now is your bye week" ...on the Tuesday of "your bye week" is not really cool.....I understand the thousands of people who have had their plans impacted by this, but the NFL probably cares about the teams as well, maybe more so than the fans....because "the fans" will still show up/watch.....and their is no void in the MNF schedule...
That last thing is obviously the primary reason.  ESPN pays a bazillion dollars for the MNF package.  They're not giving up their best matchup in years.

Maybe so, but players have long complained about the field & elevation being issues. 
Elevation there is no joke for sure. Re: field, until every NFL stadium can produce perfect fields, I don't think they can ##### about stadiums they are hand-selecting to play games in. Raiders have played on baseball dirt for as long as I can remember. Put together better contracts with the stadiums if field condition is that important to you. 

Elevation there is no joke for sure. Re: field, until every NFL stadium can produce perfect fields, I don't think they can ##### about stadiums they are hand-selecting to play games in. Raiders have played on baseball dirt for as long as I can remember. Put together better contracts with the stadiums if field condition is that important to you. 
I love the dirt infield in Oakland. More stadiums need uniquely jacked up obstacles on the field to make it interesting. 

Thats the one way baseball > football. Every MLB stadium has different dimensions.  Makes it unique.

also, I’m mostly joking here, but i did think the infield dirt made Raiders games more interesting at times - especially with FGs. 

I love the dirt infield in Oakland. More stadiums need uniquely jacked up obstacles on the field to make it interesting. 

Thats the one way baseball > football. Every MLB stadium has different dimensions.  Makes it unique.

also, I’m mostly joking here, but i did think the infield dirt made Raiders games more interesting at times - especially with FGs. 
Putting a flagpole someplace on an NFL field would be kinda neat too, like the Astros' field (and other much earlier ballparks) used to have.

Putting a flagpole someplace on an NFL field would be kinda neat too, like the Astros' field (and other much earlier ballparks) used to have.
Great idea guys, but why stop at flagpoles?  NFL is making enough of a clownshow out of its game that they may as well go full-on minigolf.

Let’s have a giant windmill at midfield that players have to run under without getting hit.  Big padded bumpers randomly scattered inside both 10-yard lines.  Trapdoor holes a player can fall through and be popped back up 40 yards downfield running sideways!

I would pay to see this...more than I pay for the present NFL games.

Hot Sauce Guy said:

I love it as a spectator. Always made SF, Raider and Fish games a little different. But I bet the players hated it. :)

Nothing reported and they didn’t sign any Kickers this week.  Looks like just rest.  I’m not worried (and he’s in my lineups where I have him).  
You really can't bench a guy who could realistically get 8 PATs. Or some of those become FGs.

Need all Goff’s TD’s to go to Cooks. Charger defense really screwed me with a goose egg.

I was super hyped for this game... Witten just came on my screen. Immediately turned from 11 to about a 7. By the time Booger makes an appearance I’ll be about a 5.

ericttspikes said:
Any insight on what is up with Zuerlein. Hasn't practiced all week (non injury related). He's playing tonight, right?
What, why is this the first time I'm hearing this?

I also own Butker.....not sure if I should switch them out.

Users who are viewing this thread