What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Eagles at Bucs** (+5.5, 45) Game #1 of the MNF Doubleheader 7:15 (1 Viewer)

What a week in The NFL. Crazy games,crazy stats,crazy plays. Let's keep crazy going Monday Night.
If The Eagles win this game they are all alone in first place in The NFC East. If they lose they are in a three way tie.
If The Bucs win this game they are all alone in first place in The NFC South. If they lose they are in a three way tie.
Crazy.
Let's keep it crazy. In a "Who Needs Tom" upset special...

Bakers Boys- 27
It's Gonna Hurts- 24

Eagles had 10 full days off. They get back Bradberry, Blankenship and Gainwell tonight.

Eagles don't historically play well at Tampa Bay. Close game.

Eagles 37
Bucs 31

Bucs have interior offensive line issues. Eagles have one of, if not the deepest DT rotation in the league.
Bucs have a decent defense though. Not expecting Baker to keep up the fugazi act.

Eagles 27
Bucs 20

Big measuring stick for Tampa considering who their 2-0 start is against. Think they need to get 2+ turnovers to keep this close. I don't like their chances.

The Eagles just had the longest period of time possible between games after playing two games in 5 days. They admittedly have looked off, but I maintain its because of not playing any pre-season games (week 1) and not having much time to work out the kinks before the next game (week 2). The Bucs defense has looked good, but this will be their first real test. Jalen doesn't forget anything (see his phone screensaver of the Chiefs celebrating the Super Bowl win) and he definitely remembers the clip of the Bucs coach saying that he can't read defenses in the WC round two years ago.

Think the D-line will feast on Baker tonight. Getting Bradbury and Reed back is huge-I'm interested to see what they do with the void created by the Maddux injury. When all is said and done I just don't think TB has enough horses on offense to keep up with the Birds. Think the Eagles take control early and TB scores a late TD to make it unnecessarily stressful at the end.

Eagles win 32-27. I said the same last week, but damn it, this week I'll be proven right. AJ Brown Anytime TD scorer is a lock.

One thing I just keep thinking about

The Bucs are playing LIGHTS OUT and are barely winning game, but wins are wins.
The Eagles, by pretty much all estimations, are NOT even close to their potential and they are still covering the spread, wins are wins.

Just feel this is a huge game to put a stamp on to show what kind of team the Eagles *really* are.

The Eagles just had the longest period of time possible between games after playing two games in 5 days. They admittedly have looked off, but I maintain its because of not playing any pre-season games (week 1) and not having much time to work out the kinks before the next game (week 2).
This has been my take as well. Yes, the offense and Jalen have looked out of sync, but they have a new OC and some new players. There really was no time to work out any issues between weeks 1 and 2. IMO, this is the game they need to start looking like the '22 version of the offense.

No score prediction, but the Eagles win and everyone who's been clutching pearls over "what's wrong with the Eagles" will be able to relax.

The Eagles just had the longest period of time possible between games after playing two games in 5 days. They admittedly have looked off, but I maintain its because of not playing any pre-season games (week 1) and not having much time to work out the kinks before the next game (week 2). The Bucs defense has looked good, but this will be their first real test. Jalen doesn't forget anything (see his phone screensaver of the Chiefs celebrating the Super Bowl win) and he definitely remembers the clip of the Bucs coach saying that he can't read defenses in the WC round two years ago.

Think the D-line will feast on Baker tonight. Getting Bradbury and Reed back is huge-I'm interested to see what they do with the void created by the Maddux injury. When all is said and done I just don't think TB has enough horses on offense to keep up with the Birds. Think the Eagles take control early and TB scores a late TD to make it unnecessarily stressful at the end.

Eagles win 32-27. I said the same last week, but damn it, this week I'll be proven right. AJ Brown Anytime TD scorer is a lock.

I forgot that stuff about jalen and tampa.

Was driving down Dale Mabry early this morning and past RayJay around 3am...saw some people setting up to tailgate. They were Eagles fans. Props to them for being that gung ho.

I'm torn on who I want to win. If the Bucs win, it's gonna be ridiculous with the Super Bowl talk locally. If the Eagles win, they may have their swagger back.

Guess I'll root for the first tie of the 2023 season.

Last edited:
Was driving down Dale Mabry early this morning and past RayJay around 3am...saw some people setting up to tailgate. They were Eagles fans. Props to them for being that gung ho.

I'm torn on who I want to win. If the Bucs win, it's gonna be ridiculous with the Super Bowl talk locally. If the Eagles win, they may have their swagger back.

Guess I'll root for the first tie of the 2023 season.
Went to a Redskins vs. Bucs game back in 2005. We thought we got there pretty early to tailgate, but there were already Skins' fans posted up all over the place. One of them in particular was rather unruly. Obnoxious, abrasive. Clearly had been there a while and had probably tied it on the night before. Cursing at any Buc fan who would listen. This guy was hammered. We get into the game and he ends up being a few rows behind us. Constantly yelling, talking huge S to any and all comers who would engage with him. The beers kept flowing. He was that guy. The Skins got out to a lead in the 3rd quarter and he was roaring. Bucs came back though behind Chris Simms of all QBs, and scored with under a minute left. Gruden goes for 2 and Alstott gets it to win the game 36-35! We're on fire, the place is going nuts, and I can't wait to turn around and rub it in this guys' face. Turns out he was already fast asleep! Bucs' fans pouring beers all over his *** and he didn't move an inch. I'll never forget it. Great day.

Anyway, hopefully all the Eagles fans are asleep by the time they kick it off!

Wouldn't mind seeing Hassan Reddick's number called. He's been MIA for the first two weeks. I think he's had like 1 tackle so far. I know he's got a club arm, but still. He was a MONSTER last year.

I truly loathe the MNF double header.

I wouldn't mind if they started the 1st game at 4 PM and the next at 7:30 PM, but to have just an hour of game before the overlap is stupid.

/rant

AJB should be the "squeaky wheel" treatment tonight - he's gonna be peppered with passes. 12 catch / 2 TD night coming up.

Ronde goes into the Ring of Honor tonight, so:

Ronde Barber Shuts Down the Vet

Eagles' fans may not want to watch that, but it was such a great rivalry in those late 90's and early 00's. Glad you guys were able to get one recently and are back at the top of the mountain again.
That was, without a doubt, the most crushing defeat in my entire time as a fan. That Barber TD, and slow-*** Jurevicius scoring on a long slant across the middle :shudder:.

I hated Tiki. But Ronde snatched my soul out of my body that day.

Eagles' fans may not want to watch that, but it was such a great rivalry in those late 90's and early 00's. Glad you guys were able to get one recently and are back at the top of the mountain again.
That was, without a doubt, the most crushing defeat in my entire time as a fan. That Barber TD, and slow-*** Jurevicius scoring on a long slant across the middle :shudder:.

Jurevicius didn’t score. I think they got him inside the 5. Alstott punched it in. But, that play gave them life. And after Joe’s newborn son was born prematurely just days earlier I know it was emotional.

Jurevicius didn’t score. I think they got him inside the 5. Alstott punched it in. But, that play gave them life. And after Joe’s newborn son was born prematurely just days earlier I know it was emotional.
I might have blacked out in rage after that play- was Blaine Bishop “covering” him IIRC. Or it could be my brain not letting me accurately tecount the game, for my own protection. I can point to the doll where the bad man hurt me, though.

As a lifelong Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan, I am well prepared for the disappointment my team will bestow upon me this evening.

Eagles 34 Buccaneers 17

This game is a mirage. Eagles are better than their scores indicate, and the Bucs are worse. Philly wins by 2+ scores, no contest.
That's where I am too. Bucs barely beat the Bears last week.

I'm really interested in the Swift/Gainwell dynamic. Part of me has always thought Swift is a top-10 talent at the RB position if he could ever stay healthy, and (no disrespect to Detroit) now he's in an offense where nobody is concerned about stopping the RB. I hope we see either a clear starter/3rd down situation, or Swift is just the guy. I have 1 share of both in different leagues, and that's I think the best outcome.

I'll say 31-13 Eagles.

Bucs line can't slow the Eagles DTs, and the Eagles offense wakes up a little. This won't be all that close even when Evans hits a couple big plays.

Eagles 34 Bucs 17

I like the Eagles tonight but the Bucs have been overlooked for a couple weeks.
Granted they only beat the Vikings and Bears, a combined 0-6 right now?
This will be a little different tonight but it doesn't have to completely torpedo the Bucs season
The air attack by Philly has been lackluster
Is Swift going to have a repeat of last week, tonight vs the Bucs?

Eagles 24
Bucs 20

Carlton Davis is OUT
AJ Brown is probably gonna eat tonight.
Yup. If they had Kancey and Davis they could make it a game, but I think they’re in big trouble.
I liked Kancey as a prospect/potential pick for the Birds at 30 this year in the draft. How is he looking so far, aside of the injury?
He tweaked the calf in camp and then aggravated it week one. But, was in the backfield multiple times prior to exiting in his 11 snaps. Super quick. Makes sense with him next to Vea. They’ll be tough if they can get on the field together.

Bucs Inactives:
  • CB Carlton Davis
  • LB SirVocea Dennis
  • TE Payne Durham
  • DL Calijah Kancey
  • DL Deadrin Senat
  • T Brandon Walton
  • OLB Markees Watts
Eagles inactives:
  • CB Mario Goodrich
  • WR Quez Watkins
  • QB Tanner McKee
  • RB Boston Scott
  • OL Tyler Steen
  • DT Moro Ojomo
  • TE Albert Okwuegbunam

Everyone and their mother knows the Bucs are fool's gold 2-0, while the Eagles are sleepwalking through their first two wins. Yet the line still sits at +6, I guess the books are just giving money away tonight :ponder:.

Bucs offensive line gets handsy, and the refs can't find their flags: Bucs 17 - Eagles 20.

Eagles inactives:
  • DT Moro Ojomo

Just a quick write up here to illustrate the embarrassment of riches that populates the Eagles 53-man.

If you wanted to teach a young player how to play run defense on the IDL, you could do no better than to turn on the tape of Ojomo's 5-year career at Texas. Because he began his education in Lagos, Nigeria, at age 3, he was two years younger than his classmates. He didn't play high school football until he was a junior, and didn't really begin to understand how to workout until he became a Longhorn at age 16. As a redshirt true freshman he played 3 games late in the year.

The Eagles drafted him in the 7th round. He projected as an early Day 3 selection but at 284 pounds there are the same concerns as Bucs rookie DT Calijah Kancey. But his technique is extraordinary and the crazy thing is he probably can add more to his frame. He turned age 22 a few weeks ago. On almost any other team he would be part of the DL rotation; in Philly, he's just a project to future proof against losses to the roster.

Eagles inactives:
  • DT Moro Ojomo

Just a quick write up here to illustrate the embarrassment of riches that populates the Eagles 53-man.

If you wanted to teach a young player how to play run defense on the IDL, you could do no better than to turn on the tape of Ojomo's 5-year career at Texas. Because he began his education in Lagos, Nigeria, at age 3, he was two years younger than his classmates. He didn't play high school football until he was a junior, and didn't really begin to understand how to workout until he became a Longhorn at age 16. As a redshirt true freshman he played 3 games late in the year.

The Eagles drafted him in the 7th round. He projected as an early Day 3 selection but at 284 pounds there are the same concerns as Bucs rookie DT Calijah Kancey. But his technique is extraordinary and the crazy thing is he probably can add more to his frame. He turned age 22 a few weeks ago. On almost any other team he would be part of the DL rotation; in Philly, he's just a project to future proof against future losses to the roster.

I bet if the Lions dangled a 4th round pick, Howie would trade him.

Users who are viewing this thread