What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanEx Analysis Draft (1 Viewer)

Can I just say that I love the trade? :shock: :yes:
Me, too.Wow. This is a very difficult offer to refuse. I get two take-now FF stars for a handful of 'hopefuls'.

"Yes sir. Yes sir. " was my delayed reply to David. Any time, I can do the above I do it. Who would not grab a deal that gives you an advantage.

While here, let's talk about WHY this trade offer came to me - why it happened. Trade offers come to NICE owners who are ACTIVE. I make every effort to be both helpful and positive to everyone involved in leagues I share. When they are later seeking options, I believe I am often considered as a trade partner.

[Note: Pick Value Calculator be damned. Eight percentage better? Who cares? Get productive starters now.]

Who is so valuable?Horn, Ward, Holt at WR? Warner, Manning at QB?Yes those people would have helped this team a great deal, but then who would I have as my RB #3 when I pick again at #60/61?I refuse to take RB #3 right now as I think people have massively overpaid for the likes of Dunn, Canidate, Hambrick, etc.
Don't get why people are caring more about your #3 RB than a #1 QB or WR? ??? I think this RB run has gotten ridiculous, even considering the format, and will bite some teams in the butt big-time. Guys in the late 3d/4th are getting some nice bargains now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like what Kellogg is doing.Garcia is a steal at this point and his running backs are stacked.Garcia, Portis, W. Green, W. Dunn is one hell of a start. Too bad he'll probably screw it all up... :thumbup: Engel is having a good draft as well.McNabb, Holmes, Martin, & Zereoue should be tough although Holmes scares me a little this year.I'm not a fan of the Koren Robinson pick or the Holt pick.I like K. Robinson this year, but I don't like him at 4.4. I think he overpaid for the hype.Holt is just a name player on a declining offense. There are not enough balls to go around on that team. I like Hines Ward and Joe Horn a lot better at that pick.The next pick should be interesting. Holm has Tomlinson, Bennett, and Candidate. This team is strong although I hate the Candidate pick.

Me, too.

Wow. This is a very difficult offer to refuse. I get two take-now FF stars for a handful of 'hopefuls'.

"Yes sir. Yes sir. " was my delayed reply to David. Any time, I can do the above I do it. Who would not grab a deal that gives you an advantage.

While here, let's talk about WHY this trade offer came to me - why it happened. Trade offers come to NICE owners who are ACTIVE. I make every effort to be both helpful and positive to everyone involved in leagues I share. When they are later seeking options, I believe I am often considered as a trade partner.

[Note: Pick Value Calculator be damned. Eight percentage better? Who cares? Get productive starters now.]
you know what happens to nice guys. :thumbup:

I think a lot of people are evaluating these picks as if this was taking place in their league.The fact is, the rules of the league are wacky and to apply your league's system to analyze these picks will lead you false conclusion.The flex that allows a third running back really creates a great demand for them. Every team feels like they need three and want 4 to cover byes. That means that 48 runningbacks are coming off the board early.The big thing though, is that you don't pick starters- the guys with the most points get chosen. In a typical FF league, most people would rather have had Peyton Manning and Jake Plummer over Tom Brady and Trent Green. IT is a pain to pick your starters every week. You would rather simply have a rock like Manning to lean on.But Look at how it would shake out in this league ( I have omitted rushing yards due to laziness) Name/Yards/Tds/IntsWeek 1 Brady/294/3/0 Manning 211/3/0Week 2 Brady/269/2/1 Manning 289/1/3Week 3 Brady/410/4/1 Manning272/2/0Week 4 Green/328/5/0 Plummer168/1/0Week 5 Green 296/2/1 Manning 221/2/1Week 6 Green 236/3/2 Manning 284/1/1Week 7 Green 172/0/0 Manning 304/1/3Week 8 Green 208/1/2 Manning214/2/2Week 9 Brady 265/3/0 Manning 327/2/1Week10Brady 328/3/1 Manning 319/3/0Week11Green197/0/0 Manning252/2/1Week12Brady239/3/0 Plummer145/2/2 Week13Green209/2/0 Manning190/1/0Week14Brady183/2/0 Plummer228/2/1Week15Green310/2/0 Manning277/2/1Week16Green337/3/1 Manning 365/3/2Week17Brady221/1/1 Manning146/1/0Green and Brady outperform Manning and Plummer in this format. By the same token, I am pretty sure Koren and Troy Brown would outperform Randy Moss - although no one would make this trade in a redraft league. At the less consistent positions, depth is significantly more important than surefire starters.

I think a lot of people are evaluating these picks as if this was taking place in their league.The fact is, the rules of the league are wacky and to apply your league's system to analyze these picks will lead you false conclusion.The flex that allows a third running back really creates a great demand for them. Every team feels like they need three and want 4 to cover byes. That means that 48 runningbacks are coming off the board early.The big thing though, is that you don't pick starters- the guys with the most points get chosen. In a typical FF league, most people would rather have had Peyton Manning and Jake Plummer over Tom Brady and Trent Green. IT is a pain to pick your starters every week. You would rather simply have a rock like Manning to lean on.But Look at how it would shake out in this league ( I have omitted rushing yards due to laziness) Name/Yards/Tds/IntsWeek 1 Brady/294/3/0 Manning 211/3/0Week 2 Brady/269/2/1 Manning 289/1/3Week 3 Brady/410/4/1 Manning272/2/0Week 4 Green/328/5/0 Plummer168/1/0Week 5 Green 296/2/1 Manning 221/2/1Week 6 Green 236/3/2 Manning 284/1/1Week 7 Green 172/0/0 Manning 304/1/3Week 8 Green 208/1/2 Manning214/2/2Week 9 Brady 265/3/0 Manning 327/2/1Week10Brady 328/3/1 Manning 319/3/0Week11Green197/0/0 Manning252/2/1Week12Brady239/3/0 Plummer145/2/2 Week13Green209/2/0 Manning190/1/0Week14Brady183/2/0 Plummer228/2/1Week15Green310/2/0 Manning277/2/1Week16Green337/3/1 Manning 365/3/2Week17Brady221/1/1 Manning146/1/0Green and Brady outperform Manning and Plummer in this format. By the same token, I am pretty sure Koren and Troy Brown would outperform Randy Moss - although no one would make this trade in a redraft league. At the less consistent positions, depth is significantly more important than surefire starters.
:no: Finally a well thought out post. It amazes me that some people don't even look at the format or scoring system before posting.

It amazes me that some people don't even look at the format or scoring system before posting.
Unfortunately, I made this mistake initially as well. I did not pay attention to the flex rb position and I was blinded by Marvin in his receptions. I had not thought through, as David did, that the running backs available at 3.12 would not even include the likes of Troy Hambrick and Trung.This draft goes to prove that the key to successful drafting is to understand your league rules.

Nice thoughts RFWeasel.About the only thing I'm paying attention to in the FAD is order (i.e. who is the #21 RB off the board)... at least as far as it applies to my leagues.Thank God they do the FAD though... it's a tangible FF item to argue about in May :ph34r:

Phooey. I read the rules and maintain "dissing" some top WR and/or QB talent will prove a mistake.Then again I almost gave away the house last year for Faulk so never mind. :wacko:

Oh you have to love the banter that goes on during these drafts. I stand by what I said earlier:1. Kellogg should have waited to see if Dunn actually got picked.2. I had not consumed 10 Mickey's Big Mouths when I traded with TC.3. I have every intention of winning this league again even from the last position in the draft.4. Greg Kellogg can recover from the Dunn pick and still win this thing.5. TC improved his chances of winning if his Core 5 stay healthy and produce to expectations.6. My trade gives me an excellent chance to win this league provided my picks perform well to expectations.
1) If Dunn drops you are correct - if not I lost a player I covetted by not trading a fifth for a sixth.2) Not sure what you mean by this - the trade with TC makes it look like you are enamored with a program that gives you a false sense of security - the true way to evaluate the trade is to see who TC takes with his four picks and who you take with yours.3) As do we all.4) I hope so - but I don't see it as recovering from the Dunn pick - maybe you meant recover from the trade that got me Dunn.5) Have to agree with you here. The move up helps him a lot.6) Have to disagree here - I really don't see any advantage to you in this trade.But good luck! Love the chatter about the FAD though!

Green and Brady outperform Manning and Plummer in this format. By the same token, I am pretty sure Koren and Troy Brown would outperform Randy Moss - although no one would make this trade in a redraft league. At the less consistent positions, depth is significantly more important than surefire starters.
Now you can see the core of my strategy starting to form. I expect to have a lot of the sweet spot of players (with minimal stars). All I need is for them to sometimes have big games and I have a very powerful team. This is radically different than a league where one would have to KNOW who to start each week.

In my trade analysis I stated that I felt 5-7 QBs, 1-3 TEs and 6-10 WRs would go before my next pick - I seem to recall someone disagreeing with that assessment, but can't find the post right now.Here is what went - 5 QBs, 2 TEs, 4 WRs and 4 RBs (which I did NOT expect).David felt I had a 25% chance of getting Dunn if I stayed where I was at - I didn't feel 25% was good enough.Bottom line - I am very pleased to have gotten Dunn and still being able to follow up with a QB of Garcia's stature. Also, the most unpredictable of positions is always the WRs. By locking up my starting RBs and QB, I can now concentrate on WRs and there are plenty of them left.

In my trade analysis I stated that I felt 5-7 QBs, 1-3 TEs and 6-10 WRs would go before my next pick - I seem to recall someone disagreeing with that assessment, but can't find the post right now.Here is what went - 5 QBs, 2 TEs, 4 WRs and 4 RBs (which I did NOT expect).
It was my post. I'll dig it up for ya.Ah, here we are:
I am figuring on 5-7 QBs, 1-3 TEs and 6-10 WRs all going before my next pick (4.07). That should leave me with a shot at either a top QB or a top WR.
I'd be surprised if even 3 QBs are taken or even 2 TEs.
:lol: I hope I am also in error on my assessment that Dodd's trade was not a sound one.

In my trade analysis I stated that I felt 5-7 QBs, 1-3 TEs and 6-10 WRs would go before my next pick - I seem to recall someone disagreeing with that assessment, but can't find the post right now.Here is what went - 5 QBs, 2 TEs, 4 WRs and 4 RBs (which I did NOT expect).David felt I had a 25% chance of getting Dunn if I stayed where I was at - I didn't feel 25% was good enough.Bottom line - I am very pleased to have gotten Dunn and still being able to follow up with a QB of Garcia's stature. Also, the most unpredictable of positions is always the WRs. By locking up my starting RBs and QB, I can now concentrate on WRs and there are plenty of them left.
Greg...Can we expect another FanEx challenge this year? It sure was a lot of fun. What would really be interesting is to be able to pick any draft slot and chose from that selection or any made after it.

David felt I had a 25% chance of getting Dunn if I stayed where I was at - I didn't feel 25% was good enough.
Actually I felt that only 25% of the time he would be taken. I felt you had a 75% (or higher) chance to get Dunn. That's why I was so critical. At that pick, Holm could take RB (but he had two) and did choose another. Engel could take a RB (but he had two), he did not. Hickerson could take a back as he only had 1. So although there was some pressure on RB, Vick and McNabb (from where I sat had huge pressure) and most mocks have Dunn way further down the board. So my position was 0-2 RBs would be taken and that there was not much evidence that everyone had Dunn as the next back. But that is what makes this league fun. Greg saw great value and traded up and got Dunn. And if you really want someone that is how you do it. I would have waited and taken my chances that he would have fallen to me anyway. And because what Greg was willing to give Tony was so generous (in my opinion) that he could have made that same trade after the pick to anyone after Holm. That's the biggest reason I would waited.

The Commissioner has suspended all FanEx FAD drafting while we investigate a member's request. More info ASAP ~TC~

To those involved with the Fanex draft... Could you have someone post a page that shows the team rosters. It is starting to get a bit cumbersome to try and figure out which team has which players at a glance. If there is already one available could you point me to it?Thanks!

To those involved with the Fanex draft... Could you have someone post a page that shows the team rosters. It is starting to get a bit cumbersome to try and figure out which team has which players at a glance. If there is already one available could you point me to it?Thanks!
Each eams current roster is displayed on each draft round report. As an example, the upcoming 5.03 Tony Holm picks says... 5.03 Player.. QB: RB: Tomlinson Bennett Canidate WR: TE: Heap PK: DT: at http://fanexfootball.com/03/FAD/fad05.html. It reflect his current roster.

The Commissioner has suspended all FanEx FAD drafting while we investigate a member's request. More info ASAP ~TC~
Is Kellogg requesting a redo? :boxing:Maybe Dodds has been accused of collusion? :hot: I guess I'll leave the "investigating a member" alone. :ph34r:

Thanks TC. Sometimes that stuff that is right in front of your face is kind of hard to see!! :boxing:

Is Kellogg requesting a redo? :hot:

Maybe Dodds has been accused of collusion? :o

I guess I'll leave the "investigating a member" alone. :D
I've heard from a very reliable source that the trade involving Kellogg specifically included "Pop Tarts to be named later". He was under the assumption that they would be Chocolate frosted Pop Tarts, but Strawberry frosted were, in fact, delivered. Another less reliable source stated that the Commissioner is chairing a formal inquiry to find out who ate the strawberry ice cream. TC, stop fiddling with those ball bearings.

[i apologize in advance for the obscure reference.]

I have been checking out this draft quite frequently, believing that this might be a good draft to observe and gain some knowledge for my redraft league.No offense to Team owners, but this draft has become worthless to me. The reason being is there is more trading of draft picks than goes on in an NFL draft. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. It's just not relevant to a normal redraft where you may expect a couple pick trades during the entire redraft.Granted there is more strategy by trading picks, but to me it affects where a player falls based on a juggled serpentine draft rather than straight up. It clearly changes the outcome of where players when and where players are taken.Looks like a lot of fun, and my point isn't to be negative. I guess I had different expectations having not viewed this draft in the past.

No offense to Team owners, but this draft has become worthless to me. The reason being is there is more trading of draft picks than goes on in an NFL draft. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. It's just not relevant to a normal redraft where you may expect a couple pick trades during the entire redraft.
I have a different opinion of this - I'm particularly interested in the trades that went down, and one of the things I would like to see added to the site (somehow) is a description of the trades that occurred, and if possible when (during the draft) they occurred.

Oh.. you prefer PBA action?... The sudden suspending of FAD drafting was a good thing. It was not preferred, but it was needed. We will be back in action late tonight or early Thursay morning. 5.02 Dodds should be the next selection, then.

The Commissioner has suspended all drafting while we investigate a member's request... Update: We will be 'active' by Thursday, following our commissioner's ruling.

Is Kellogg requesting a redo? :rant:Maybe Dodds has been accused of collusion? :hot: I guess I'll leave the "investigating a member" alone. :rant:
Not me - I like where I am sitting. I never expected to get Portis at 1.06 or Garcia in the fourth round. I felt that both Green and Dunn represented exact value where they were taken.

Is Kellogg requesting a redo? :rant:

Maybe Dodds has been accused of collusion? :hot:

I guess I'll leave the "investigating a member" alone. :rant:
I've heard from a very reliable source that the trade involving Kellogg specifically included "Pop Tarts to be named later". He was under the assumption that they would be Chocolate frosted Pop Tarts, but Strawberry frosted were, in fact, delivered. Another less reliable source stated that the Commissioner is chairing a formal inquiry to find out who ate the strawberry ice cream. TC, stop fiddling with those ball bearings.

[i apologize in advance for the obscure reference.]
Actually Ken, I am amazed you would even suggest such a think - only Frosted Cherry Pop Tarts are worth trading for!

Greg...Can we expect another FanEx challenge this year? It sure was a lot of fun. What would really be interesting is to be able to pick any draft slot and chose from that selection or any made after it.
Bass,I think this question was raised earlier. I do think I will run a similiar contest this year. But it will be on a competing forum - sorry. David and Joe are welcome to mirror the effort here though - I don't mind at all and would probably participate from David's draft position.

Actually I felt that only 25% of the time he would be taken. I felt you had a 75% (or higher) chance to get Dunn. That's why I was so critical. At that pick, Holm could take RB (but he had two) and did choose another. Engel could take a RB (but he had two), he did not. Hickerson could take a back as he only had 1. So although there was some pressure on RB, Vick and McNabb (from where I sat had huge pressure) and most mocks have Dunn way further down the board. So my position was 0-2 RBs would be taken and that there was not much evidence that everyone had Dunn as the next back. But that is what makes this league fun. Greg saw great value and traded up and got Dunn. And if you really want someone that is how you do it. I would have waited and taken my chances that he would have fallen to me anyway. And because what Greg was willing to give Tony was so generous (in my opinion) that he could have made that same trade after the pick to anyone after Holm. That's the biggest reason I would waited.
My mistake David - I misread your post which was quite clear.But you are correct in that I saw value enough in Dunn to justify the trade (at least in my own mind).I rarely utilize other mock drafts because I believe they give you a false sense of security when you are drafting - you have player A slotted to go 40th on your draft board but the mocks show him going at an average of 65th with a late of 75th - so you pass on him only to find that the people you are drafting with rank him higher than the ones in the mocks you evaluated did.Besides, I would be willing to bet none of the mocks you checked had 21 of the first 24 picks being RBs. That kind of skews things.

In my trade analysis I stated that I felt 5-7 QBs, 1-3 TEs and 6-10 WRs would go before my next pick - I seem to recall someone disagreeing with that assessment, but can't find the post right now.Here is what went - 5 QBs, 2 TEs, 4 WRs and 4 RBs (which I did NOT expect).David felt I had a 25% chance of getting Dunn if I stayed where I was at - I didn't feel 25% was good enough.Bottom line - I am very pleased to have gotten Dunn and still being able to follow up with a QB of Garcia's stature.  Also, the most unpredictable of positions is always the WRs.  By locking up my starting RBs and QB, I can now concentrate on WRs and there are plenty of them left.
Bass,I think this question was raised earlier. I do think I will run a similiar contest this year. But it will be on a competing forum - sorry. David and Joe are welcome to mirror the effort here though - I don't mind at all and would probably participate from David's draft position.
Looking forward to it Greg. Hopefully Joe/David will allow you to post a link here since your a regular contributor. I do respect the fact that with all the heat you took last year over your draft that you actually started a contest rather that telling us (Joe T) to go pound sand. Good luck with the rest of your draft.

The league commissioner has ruled on the member's suggestion. The FanEx Analysis Draft draft timer has been reset and we will now continue selections. (The league Executive Committee oversees the commish and has endorsed the action)

Thank you for your extended patience. FanEx FAD Link

The league commissioner has ruled on the member's suggestion. The FanEx Analysis Draft draft timer has been reset and we will now continue selections. (The league Executive Committee oversees the commish and has endorsed the action)Thank you for your extended patience. FanEx FAD Link
All that over Pittman? :shock:

Has it ever been stated what the delay was? The curiosity is killing me!
No. The elitists are apparently keeping it a secret?Is it me or was the Chad Johnson pick a reach?Hopefully that was just a typo...

Is it me or was the Chad Johnson pick a reach?

Hopefully that was just a typo...
Chad Johnson is NOT a typo. Some guys really like him. When the selection analysis is recieved, I'll edit this posting and include it.

Is there a good reason Price is dropping so far? :wacko: I watched ATL a lot last year. Vick does not have a problem delivering the ball. His wide receivers dropped more passes than I care to remember. That team has a lot of serious weapons now. Price may be going up against opposing teams #1 corners now, but he is the number one passing option on an improving offense. I'm not in love with Price this year, but wow he is starting to look like a value pick.

I think people are scared off by the Johnny Morton performance (or lack thereof) last year. But although there is little chance Price beats or even meets his numbers from last year, he is a good value and would be a steal for David at 5.12.

I agree Construx... of course, you can throw in Galloway (and I'm sure some others) to that mix as well. Really, has anyone other than Jerry Rice done well?

5.01 RB Antowain smithby Shannon O'leary 5.01 RB Antowain SmithBy Guest Anthony FryarAntowain Smith has never been the sexiest pick, but he continues to produce year-in and year-out.Last year he was selected at 2.11 in the FanEx draft, and many people viewed him as having an off year, but he was still was the 26th RB in this scoring system. Nevertheless, he should be considered a steal at 5.01. As his 3rd RB, he will likely produce at a 2nd RB level this upcoming year because it won't take much to put him back up there with a rebound season.Ever since arriving in New England in 2001, he has been a sign of consistency ending the season ranked 9th in 2001 and 26th in 2002, and there's no reasonfor him to do anything different.The key about Smith that is so important is that he doesn't have to endure a position struggle. It's well-known that he has no competition at the startingspot, which can't be said for many of the RBs already chosen before him (Barlow, Hambrick, Dunn, Canidate, etc). The only 'threat' is Antwoine Womack, and he has yet to prove anything post-injury.A 2nd WR would have been nice here, but this is a very deep year for that position and there will still be quality WRs to choose from at the next turn. Bottom line: Smith's value was too good to pass up here.{Note: The webmaster does not appreciate the spelling of Antwoine Womack's name in an Antowain Smith analysis. It confused me and my spellchecker.] 5.02 RB Michael Pittman (via trade) By David Dodds of Footballguys.comText 5.02 RB Michael PittmanBy Guest Chris Rito of FanExI know Dodds has caught some crap in the message boards on this pick, but Pittman is a very solid pick here. I actually think he will do better this year as his familiarity with Gruden's WCO and the rest of the offensive team improves. The pass catching potential (60 receptions in 2002) is not a point to be overlooked here, as this sort of scoring rendered Tiki a top 7 RB in this system last year (and further validates that 1st round selection as well.) Michael Pittman is at worst a poor mans Charlie Garner, and he could do a lot worse than that as the 30th RB selected and as a RB#3.All the WRs available at this point either have a question surrounding them or are dime-a-dozen types. Having waited on his third RB, this is a very solid pick. The boom-or-bust scoring format will also help him on those weeks when he snares a screen pass and rambles 65 yards for a score, and ignore him on the occasional weeks when he in turn gets ignored in the Bucs offensive plan. And with several selections coming up in round six from his earlier trades, Dodds can load up on a trio of the aforementioned WRs if he likes, pray that one of the other remaining serviceable RBs slips through, or try to package Mike Alstott with Pittman to give himself the TB running game regardless of which head of the monster the Bucs choose to feature on any given week.I like. 5.02 RB Michael PittmanBy Guest Jeff RevillI'll start by saying that I am a huge Bucs fan, and I'm ecstatic that my team finally won the big game. Having said that, I was disappointed with Pittman last year. I assume most Bucs fans and FFLers expected more out of Pittman as well, and that expectation still exists with me. Pittman is in great shape and at 6.0 feet he should have no problem running over opposing defenses. He's muscular and fast and that's what makes me wonder why he had a tough season. In 2002 he ran 204 times for 718 yards and one score. He received 59 passes for 477 yards and no scores. So, why given his good physical shape and ability, doesn't he get into the end zone more and produce more yardage? Two words - Mike Alstott. Pittman's success and scoring chances are hugely limited by the fact that Alstott is so good in the red zone. Having said that, Alstott only scored 7 times himself last year. So, the bottom line is this. Pittman has to gain yardage to be a good pick this year. I think he'll do much better than he did last year, but his ability to be a big time scoring threat is still very much in question. He has the talent, and the Bucs O-line should be able to help him produce more than he did in 2002. 5.03 WR Amani ToomerBy Tony Holm of Fantasy SharksText 5.03 WR Amani ToomerBy Guest Dan OvertonText 5.04 WR Donald Driver (via trade) By Commissioner Jerome Hickerson of FanExSigh. I wanted Toomer here.. More pending 5.04 WR Donald Driver By Guest Lou GrippoText 5.04 WR Donald Driver By Guest Randy MartinPerhaps there is a reason Donald Driver emerged as Brett Favre’s favorite target last year. Perhaps it is his gritty determination or his exemplary work ethic. Or maybe it is as simple as “the guy has a bundle of talent.” Everybody has to start somewhere but let’s take a quick look at where Driver came from to get where he is; firmly entrenched as the Packers #1 WR and the benefactor of those sonic spirals from Favre that arrive with finger-breaking speed. I will spare you the life story of Driver but will only say that he overcame some adversity to get where he is at. He was a top-notch car thief and dabbled a bit in drug-dealing before a life-altering experience with an elderly lady he ran into with a stolen car. Eventually he ended up at Alcorn State where he used his speed on the field to make a name for himself. It was just good enough to get him drafted in the 7th round in 1999. He had all of 3 catches in his 1st year, and found himself buried at 4th on the depth chart for 2000. Going into the 2001 season he advanced to 3rd on the depth chart. The departure of Antonio Freeman, Corey Bradford, and Bill Schroeder put him in a position to succeed or fail, but his drive and determination would not allow failure. Last year, I also drafted Driver. He was one of my later round sleepers and I saw flashes of his talent the year before and in pre-season. Five games into the season and five TD’s along with two back to back 90+ yards games followed by a 120-yard game, I knew that Driver had proven why the #1 job was his. He earned it. Driver is 9th on my board going into this season and to get him as the 12th receiver is a bargain in my eyes. Perhaps this is his last year with Favre and we don’t know what will happen in the frozen tundra when Favre hangs ‘em up, but you can rest assured that he will exceed last year’s output because Walker and Ferguson are both better this year and they won’t be able to double Driver. For Hickerson, this is an excellent pick as I see him as having two legit #1 WRs, in Drier and Moulds. Those guys, along with arguably the best TE, a solid producer when healthy in Green, and a guy trying to get back on track in A-train, and FanEx may be stepping closer to that championship with each pick. 5.05 WR Chad Johnson By Scott Engel of CBS Sportsline Now that I have a solid trio of RBs, it is imperative to get the best playmaker left at wide receiver. Johnson emerged as a big-play man and developed quite an on-field relationship with Jon Kitna last season. he's abig target with good concentration and the ability to out quick defenders in the open field. I'd like to see Johnson score more often this year, but I know he's capable of racking up a good amount of 100-yard games. The Bengals might be improved, but they will still play from behind very often, and when they do, the Kitna-Johnson connection will again be their best chance of keeping the score respectable. The down side is, if Kitna slumps out of the gate and we see Carson Palmer at some point, that will hurt Johnson'stotals. 5.05 WR Chad Johnson By Guest Skeet ChadwickText 5.06 WR Laveranues Coles (via trade) By Tony Holm of Fantasy SharksText

Well Mr. Dodds has 3 of 4 picks after the next 6 are made and only Del Pilar Bonini has 2 in that span.So it's pretty safe to say 1-2 QB's will be taken 4-5 WR's and 1-2 RB's.Holm - QB or WRHulett - WRHansen - WRKadlec - QB or WR or RB (my guess is RB)Cahill - RBDel Pilar Bonini (2 picks) - WR and RB (no idea what order - since he knows David has 3 of the next 4)Of course, any trades could still be made.You had to take a RB with your last pick, or you risked everyone else having 3 RB's before you and nothing left to choose from at the position.
Well it's been 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR's (Holm - Coles, Hulett - A. Brooks, Hansen - Gardner, Kadlec - Booker, Cahill - E. Smith).Now it's :Del Pilar Bonini (QB: Manning RB: Davis Barlow WR: Owens TE: PK: DT:)Dodds (QB: RB: Barber Taylor Pittman WR: TE: PK: DT:)DoddsDel Pilar BoniniDoddsAny thoughts on these 5 picks...

I think people are scared off by the Johnny Morton performance (or lack thereof) last year. But although there is little chance Price beats or even meets his numbers from last year, he is a good value and would be a steal for David at 5.12.
looks like he got his steal.I would have never guessed that guy lasted until 5.12.He will be the #1 receiver on a good if not great offense.

The commissioner has declared that there will be no required FAD activity over the Memorial Day weekend of May 24-25-26. Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service. The draft clock will be turned off for those days, and he encourages us to relax with family and friends . ~TC & Jerome~

Users who are viewing this thread