What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Houston at New England (2 Viewers)

Did Miller put on weight to handle the workload? Looks slow-footed. Seems like the kind of dumbassery B.O.B. would have a hand in

I think I was wrong about Miller. Through 2.25 games he really hasn't looked good at all.
Yeah, I liked him a lot.  But at 1.09 in my 14 teamer, I passed him on my own sheet and reached for Bell.  

I would still be happy if I had Miller and you have to love the volume, especially with my league rules.

But he has not impressed me yet this year.  Lacking expected burst and dancing too much.  Kind of like McCoy so far but that's another story.

Last edited by a moderator:
do the texans run on every first down play or does it just seem like it?

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of talk about Miller not having a great burst...but he is showing great vision...dude is making the right reads and cuts at the line. Only a great back WITH elite burst would be getting more than Miller is here

Plus...they are over-using him dramatically...he won't make it through THIS game let alone the rest of the season this way

This is reminding me of the PIT/WAS MNF game to start the season. One team is just totally outclassed and outcoached by the other regardless of all the stars injured on the better team. Houston is getting punked by a better organization, period.

Plus...they are over-using him dramatically...he won't make it through THIS game let alone the rest of the season this way
That's the real and good point.  Using him like this will ultimately kill them and fantasy owners by the time the weather turns colder.  He will be used up. 

I didn't think HOU's offense was this bad...is this a function of the defense or just how they normally play?

Miller's main problem is his quarterback. That's always been his main problem. It's difficult even for the very best running backs to succeed with a lousy QB. The defense puts 8 or 9 men in and there's just no space to run.

"Texans might wanna challenge"

Really? How dumb would that be, since the result would be 3 yards at midfield, but no change of possession or down/distance

A lot of talk about Miller not having a great burst...but he is showing great vision...dude is making the right reads and cuts at the line. Only a great back WITH elite burst would be getting more than Miller is here
I don't know man, he averaged 3.6ypc on 53 carries coming into this game. So far he has 13/35 good for 2.7ypc. There's no other way to put it other than that he looks exactly like a back who would be averaging sub 4ypc.  :shrug:

Maybe he breaks a big one and makes me look stupid, we've certainly seen if before (specifically vs. HOU).

Miller's main problem is his quarterback. That's always been his main problem. It's difficult even for the very best running backs to succeed with a lousy QB. The defense puts 8 or 9 men in and there's just no space to run.
Not true.  Arian Foster thrived with craptastic qbs.  

Holy cow the Pats're playing in Foxbori with a 3rd string QB, this is what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread