What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Houston at New England (3 Viewers)

Miller's main problem is his quarterback. That's always been his main problem. It's difficult even for the very best running backs to succeed with a lousy QB. The defense puts 8 or 9 men in and there's just no space to run.
AP begs to differ.  Not sure if Miller is just not used to a new scheme TX runs, or the fact that they are missing two of their better lineman, but he just looks off.  Seems to make the right reads, but has tripped over his own feet and even was running sideways on one run.

I don't know man, he averaged 3.6ypc on 53 carries coming into this game. So far he has 13/35 good for 2.7ypc. There's no other way to put it other than that he looks exactly like a back who would be averaging sub 4ypc.  :shrug:

Maybe he breaks a big one and makes me look stupid, we've certainly seen if before (specifically vs. HOU).
I get the criticism, even agree a bit....he's NOT showing the elite burst we expected. But he is showing great vision, and I think only a runner with both that good vision AND elite burst would be doing any better with what he's being given (the playcalls and blocking I'm seeing tonight)

As dumb as that was to challenge, the fact that O'Brien wasn't even paying attention, and had to be alerted by the punter is shameful.

I think OBrien has been paid off by hoodie. This coaching and scheme is ####### brutal. 

Last edited by a moderator:
As dumb as that was to challenge, the fact that O'Brien wasn't even paying attention, and had to be alerted by the punter is shameful.
Surprised that got reported.  That kind of stuff costs jobs.   Would think the media would be a bit more diplomatic 

I get the criticism, even agree a bit....he's NOT showing the elite burst we expected. But he is showing great vision, and I think only a runner with both that good vision AND elite burst would be doing any better with what he's being given (the playcalls and blocking I'm seeing tonight)
He's already run as many times in 2 games what he used to do in 4.

2 team race in the afc , steelers & patriots. I don't want to hear denver, it took them late in game to put away sorry Indy team. Texans are awful on offense, just bad

Miller came out with a poor-man's Denver Portis comp...now he's rocking that poor-man's Washington Portis comp, right down to the lost burst and the slipping and sliding all over the field. 

I need to become an NE fan.  Life would be much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread