What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Inglourious Basterds (1 Viewer)

It's difficult not to enjoy watching Hitler take about 50 bullets in his chest before being blown to smithereens.
Not if you're easily entertained.
....or just can't stand nazis and everything they stood/stand for.
OH COME ON
Relax officer, I never said the movie was great....but that scene is entertaining.
I don't think that was the point he was making.

I'm convinced that people who think that Inglorious Basterds is "crap" are just trying to be movie hipsters.
Tanner hates everything. The only movies I've seen him admit he likes are Coen Brothers films, the Fast/Furious and American Pie series, the old "Ernest Goes To..." flicks, "Paul Blart : Mall Cop," "Christmas Vacation," and genre spoofs like "Meet the Spartans."
:lmao: Isn't there a new Dragonforce album you should be downloading?

It's difficult not to enjoy watching Hitler take about 50 bullets in his chest before being blown to smithereens.
OH COME ON
Relax officer, I never said the movie was great....but that scene is entertaining.
I'm guessing he doesn't like the film but I didn't say I liked it either. What was his point?ETA: Did I miss a clever FFA regular inside joke?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm convinced that people who think that Inglorious Basterds is "crap" are just trying to be movie hipsters.
Tanner hates everything. The only movies I've seen him admit he likes are Coen Brothers films, the Fast/Furious and American Pie series, the old "Ernest Goes To..." flicks, "Paul Blart : Mall Cop," "Christmas Vacation," and genre spoofs like "Meet the Spartans."
Well you have to admit that films like "Ernest" & "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" are a high bar to surpass.

:lmao: :lmao:I hate Dragonforce. Guitar playing is technically impressive, but leaves me cold. Their music sounds like old Nintendo MIDI crap fleshed put with guitars and drums.

OH COME ON
I'm guessing he doesn't like the film but I didn't say I liked it either. What was his point?ETA: Did I miss a clever FFA regular inside joke?
No inside joke. I assumed he was saying "OH COME ON" to the assertion that you found that scene satisfying because you hate Nazis. Everyone (save for Neo-Nazis) hate Nazis and what they stood for, but wouldn't necessarily get a thrill from seeing a fictionalized Nazi get shot up via CGI. Likewise, someone who didn't derive vicarious delight isn't necessarily pro-Third Reich or a Nazi sympathizer.

Oh get the #### out of here.

:lmao:

:lmao: :lmao:I hate Dragonforce. Guitar playing is technically impressive, but leaves me cold. Their music sounds like old Nintendo MIDI crap fleshed put with guitars and drums.
No doubt. I find it hard to believe these guys appeal to anyone other than 15 year old boys.

Don't shoot the messenger. Based on the box office take of most of those movies, he's not the only one.

Don't shoot the messenger. Based on the box office take of most of those movies, he's not the only one.
I know a guy. Smart enough. Worked for Pixar. Anyway, he'd always argue for movies that made a lot of money. "This movie is good. Look how much money it made." It shouldn't have come has a surprise to me when we got into a heated argument on Facebook about Comic Sans. That's right, this chucklehead was defending Comic Sans. So he de-friended me. I wonder if some day he'll wake up when he's 80 years old and say to himself, "Did I really de-friend someone because he hated Comic Sans?"

I know a guy. Smart enough. Worked for Pixar. Anyway, he'd always argue for movies that made a lot of money. "This movie is good. Look how much money it made." It shouldn't have come has a surprise to me when we got into a heated argument on Facebook about Comic Sans. That's right, this chucklehead was defending Comic Sans. So he de-friended me. I wonder if some day he'll wake up when he's 80 years old and say to himself, "Did I really de-friend someone because he hated Comic Sans?"
I just de-friended you on here.

:thumbup:

:thumbup:
:lmao: F that guy, you were right. Comic Sans sucks.

Absolutely love the dialog with Waltz at farm in the beginning, and the Nazi officers in the bar. Those 2 scenes make it very rewatchable. The rest of it is OK.

If there was anyone who was miscast it was the kid from The Office. HE was terrible.
He wasn't good, but fortunately, his role was fairly limited. Granted, he was in it a lot near the end, but despite that, he still wasn't getting a lot of dialogue even though he had plenty of on-screen time.

Just watched it for the first time in a few years, still awesome... I've never been a huge Brad Pitt fan, but I love him in this movie.

fantasycurse42 said:
Just watched it for the first time in a few years, still awesome... I've never been a huge Brad Pitt fan, but I love him in this movie.
how does one not dig Mr. Pitt?

:dreamy:

Users who are viewing this thread