What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, there were two.  That’s why he’s charged with two.  Funny how that works.  He called a friend after the first one and said “I just killed a guy.  I’m going to jail for life. “  Guess his facts are more accurate than yours.
"Soon after he shot three people, a panicked 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse told a friend he expected to go to jail for life, but that if he had not fired, he would "probably be dead."

Indeed. That's why we have courts of law and the 5th amendment. Using words said by a panicked 17 year old suddenly realizing what happened does not indicate murder. If anything it emphasizes more self defense.

While we are dissecting people’s backgrounds  this Rittenhouse dude has vids of him sucker punching a girl and hanging with The Proud Boys flashing their cute little white power signs.
Proud boys are led by a Cuban American and have all different races in their ranks. Other than being a group looking for a fight, how exactly does that fit into the "White Power" narrative?

As for the "sucker punch", it was a group fight started by the girl that he jumped into and started hitting her. Again, I'm not saying this kid is all there but using a high school scuffle to say he sucker punched a girl is pretty weak. 

We know how the media operates. If there was no video of the incident, Kyle would already be convicted by public opinion with no witnesses coming to his aid. The video debunks the narratives being put forth.

"Soon after he shot three people, a panicked 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse told a friend he expected to go to jail for life, but that if he had not fired, he would "probably be dead."

Indeed. That's why we have courts of law and the 5th amendment. Using words said by a panicked 17 year old suddenly realizing what happened does not indicate murder. If anything it emphasizes more self defense.
That has nothing to do with the fifth amendment.  Christ.  The journalist that was providing first aid heard him on the phone.  The phone call he made while standing over his victim, before he ran away.  It’s admissible as an admission of guilt and an excited utterance.  It also ruins his claim that he immediately ran away out of fear.  

That has nothing to do with the fifth amendment.  Christ.  The journalist that was providing first aid heard him on the phone.  The phone call he made while standing over his victim, before he ran away.  It’s admissible as an admission of guilt and an excited utterance.  It also ruins his claim that he immediately ran away out of fear.  
So the guy that tried to shoot him but got shot by him heard him bragging about killing people and that's your evidence? Case closed then I guess. 

Proud boys are led by a Cuban American and have all different races in their ranks. Other than being a group looking for a fight, how exactly does that fit into the "White Power" narrative?

As for the "sucker punch", it was a group fight started by the girl that he jumped into and started hitting her. Again, I'm not saying this kid is all there but using a high school scuffle to say he sucker punched a girl is pretty weak. 

We know how the media operates. If there was no video of the incident, Kyle would already be convicted by public opinion with no witnesses coming to his aid. The video debunks the narratives being put forth.
I’d want nothing to do with the Proud Boys. A little light reading about them is just bad news. Do you defend this dudes? I’ll let you defend the kid’s fight where he’s hitting a girl. Don’t really think you are convincing me there though :lol:  

My point was looking into people’s past won’t work out too well for this kid if that’s the route people want to go. He’s troubled to say the least. 

I think none of that really matters as it relates to this kids legal problems. 

As this relates to Jan 6th of this kid was at the Capitol who do you think he would be shooting? 

I’d want nothing to do with the Proud Boys. A little light reading about them is just bad news. Do you defend this dudes? I’ll let you defend the kid’s fight where he’s hitting a girl. Don’t really think you are convincing me there though :lol:  

My point was looking into people’s past won’t work out too well for this kid if that’s the route people want to go. He’s troubled to say the least. 

I think none of that really matters as it relates to this kids legal problems. 

As this relates to Jan 6th of this kid was at the Capitol who do you think he would be shooting? 
No one because he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the Capitol with his weapon. 

Proud Boys leader is a police informant. :lmao:

These incel pukes are so dumb they elevated a police informant to the tops of their ranks.  And guess who wasn't at their insurrection? :lmao:

so good....

Yeah, there are some who really want to push this into murder by ignoring half the facts.  He is just a kid who did not understand how the law protects him.  It absolutely shows it was self-defense in his mind.  

Proud Boys leader is a police informant. :lmao:

These incel pukes are so dumb they elevated a police informant to the tops of their ranks.  And guess who wasn't at their insurrection? :lmao:

so good....
Wasn't at the insurrection because he was arrested a couple days before on a charge from months earlier. The claim was they were trying to keep violence from happening by removing him. You're trying to say it was conspiracy that he was conveniently arrested so he wouldn't have to be there?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/proud-boys-enrique-tarrio-arrest/2021/01/04/8642a76a-4edf-11eb-b96e-0e54447b23a1_story.html%3foutputType=amp

Wasn't at the insurrection because he was arrested a couple days before on a charge from months earlier. The claim was they were trying to keep violence from happening by removing him. You're trying to say it was conspiracy that he was conveniently arrested so he wouldn't have to be there?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/proud-boys-enrique-tarrio-arrest/2021/01/04/8642a76a-4edf-11eb-b96e-0e54447b23a1_story.html%3foutputType=amp
I'm saying defenders of this incel klan of woman hating racists love to point out that their leader is a person of color so that negates the possibility that they are white supremacists.  This despite the fact that their founder IS indeed a white supremacist.  What's hysterical is that they elevated a person of color to the position of power who is and has been a police informant.  You can't write better comedy than this!  And yeah, his arrest right before the treacherous insurrection fueled by Donald Trump is awfully suspicious.  And I don't give a #### if that's a conspiracy theory or not, it's comedic gold to see this outfit of pretend Call of Duty virgins embarrass themselves in the national spotlight.  I'm laughing at them and will every day I'm alive. 

I'm saying defenders of this incel klan of woman hating racists love to point out that their leader is a person of color so that negates the possibility that they are white supremacists.  This despite the fact that their founder IS indeed a white supremacist.  What's hysterical is that they elevated a person of color to the position of power who is and has been a police informant.  You can't write better comedy than this!  And yeah, his arrest right before the treacherous insurrection fueled by Donald Trump is awfully suspicious.  And I don't give a #### if that's a conspiracy theory or not, it's comedic gold to see this outfit of pretend Call of Duty virgins embarrass themselves in the national spotlight.  I'm laughing at them and will every day I'm alive. 
If anything you could say his arrest was very convenient to allow a riot to happen. Without a leader to calm the masses they might cause an unorganized unrest. It's almost like they wanted it to happen. 

He shot three people and tried to shoot another and missed.  He shot them because they were trying to take his gun away.  He has admitted that he shot center mass intending to kill them.
Thanks.  As I start learning more about this, I tend to fall with CM on this one.  It's going to be interesting to see how this one plays out.  I'm also wondering how this one is going to get an agreed upon jury.  As it gets closer to jury selection it seems that more attention is being drawn to Rittenhouse himself.  Heard a report just this morning on Morning Addition that since he's been out on bail, he's been hanging out with known Proud Boys which is somewhat interesting given the desire and full court press to paint him as this innocent kid who genuinely thought he was trying to "help".  I don't know how all this is going to play out.  I don't think this is as black/white as some want it to be.  

This. The certainty that some people have in his innocence or guilt is confusing to me.
Was confusing to me at one time too, but now I get it.  Simply put, it's confirmation bias.  "The ONLY way this doesn't happen the way I think is if it happens incorrectly".  It's something I've seen floated for years, but couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong with it.  Then it started becoming clear to me in 2015, 2016.  And now, in 2020 I see it clear as day. 

But he had no way to know that.  And Rosenbaum is a complete psychopath.  I 100 percent believe his intent was to kill Rittenhouse.  
Again, assuming arguendo the bold is true, the bold is still only relevant if Rittenhouse knew that. 

This. The certainty that some people have in his innocence or guilt is confusing to me.
Yeah this is a very complicated, complex situation that in a black and white world rests squarely in the gray. Further, since we cannot possibly jump inside the shooter's head at the time of the offense, we will never know whether he really imminently feared for his physical safety to the point he worried about death or serious bodily harm. 

Wasn't it illegal for a 17 year-old to carry a gun in WI?  Regardless, I watched the video when it happened and while there were people being aggressive and there may have been looters, I don't believe either of those warrant a death sentence.  I also am of the belief that someone willing to shoot another person over what happened should not be carrying a gun in that situation.  He sought out the protest.  He could have sat at home and watched in on TV or Twitter, but decided to grab a gun and get involved.
But he had no way to know that.  And Rosenbaum is a complete psychopath.  I 100 percent believe his intent was to kill Rittenhouse.  
He had no way of knowing the gun laws in his neighboring state?  Seriously?

One of the alleged victims was carrying a firearm and attempting to shoot Rittenhouse before Rittenhouse beat him to it.
I don’t understand why you and Jon are so eager to jump to the conclusion that one of the victims had clear intent to murder Rittenhouse while also arguing that the guy who actually killed two people had no intent to do so.

I am no legal expert and have no clue how the case will play out. I can see some merit to the claim that he was defending himself as the tension at the scene was swirling all around, but having watched original video on Twitter after it happened I got the sense that all three shootings were unnecessary. I don’t think he deserves my understanding of first degree murder,  but I also don’t think he should walk. Armed vigilante justice should be discouraged.... especially from people who claim to have the highest respect for police. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the first video I saw wasn't very good about setting the whole scene.

He shouldn't have been there, shouldn't have been armed, shouldn't have gotten involved.  I hope he pays some price for that above and beyond just having to live the rest of his life knowing he killed three people.

But I think he's got a real chance to beat the murder raps.

I don’t understand why you and Jon are so eager to jump to the conclusion that one of the victims had clear intent to murder Rittenhouse while also arguing that the guy who actually killed two people had no intent to do so.

I am no legal expert and have no clue how the case will play out. I can see some merit to the claim that he was defending himself as the tension at the scene was swirling all around, but having watched original video on Twitter after it happened I got the sense that all three shootings were unnecessary. I don’t think he deserves my understanding of first degree murder,  but I also don’t think he should walk. Armed vigilante justice should be discouraged.... especially from people who claim to have the highest respect for police. 
"So the kid shot gaige as he drew his weapon and gaige retreated with his gun in hand. I just talked to Gaige Grosskreutz too his only regret was not killing the kid and hesitating to pull the gun before emptying the entire mag into him. Coward,” a friend of Grosskreutz wrote in a chat."

Considering both the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers had small groups of people who plotted an attack long before Trump's speech, it is very ignorant to lay it on a speech which asked to be peaceful after the plot was put in place.  Unfortunately because of piss poor preparations, a group of about 20 instigators total were more than enough to succeed.   
Trump’s speech and shtick for months prior is what caused Jan 6th riots. He is judged accordingly by most. 

In other threads posters are now upset that there is too much military / police presence at the Capitol :lol:

Trump’s speech and shtick for months prior is what caused Jan 6th riots. He is judged accordingly by most. 

In other threads posters are now upset that there is too much military / police presence at the Capitol :lol:
Has the narrative been firmed up yet?  Just a few weeks ago, the fencing was keeping all the pedophiles IN.....recently it seems those same people are now saying the fencing is keeping people OUT!!!!

Another case of "when conspiracy theories collide"  :lol:  

massraider said:
One of the freedom loving Patriots wants you to know that his talk of hanging traitors and so forth was simply "locker room talk".

Actual defense by his lawyer.

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1369995813464735745?s=09
It's been part of our language for years.  Sports and politics often use language referencing killing their opponents in a figurative way.  Unless they were trying to put nooses around people's necks, it is doubtful they meant it literally. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pfft. One noose. 😴 

Did you see how many people were there???? Only one noose. 

That clearly means that less than 1% of the people were REALLY there to lynch anyone. 

Otherwise, just locker room talk. 

Like when we were in high school, and we would talk in the locker room about lynching politicians, and sexually assaulting women.  

Ahh, memories.

It's been part of our language for years.  Sports and politics often use language referencing killing their opponents in a figurative way.  Unless they were trying to put nooses around people's necks, it is doubtful they meant it literally. 
Kind of like "grabbing woman by the P***Y".  That ones always used in sports and politics too.

This locker room talk defense is awesome.  You can pretty much use it for anything.  I'm surprised MTG didn't use that excuse when talking about some of her Qanon comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread