What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Music Draft - Rolling Stone Greatest 500 Songs Garbage List - Now with unhealthy regional pork-stuffs! (1 Viewer)

Hey @rockaction can you add the RS ranking  to the draft sheet tab on the spreadsheet?
Aroo? *Head tilts slightly*

I honestly have no idea how to do that or even what tab you speak of...I guess I'm here for the data entry if need be, but not the logistics, really. I don't want to mess the thing up. Once people are picking, I have no problem entering and logging the data. 

Draft sheet tab? 

I'm smiling and lol'ing at my own goon-like cluelessness. *shrugs*

A Canadian band I follow on Twitter posed the question the other day, if you had to listen to one for the rest of your life, would you choose Nickelback or Rush. It's an easy answer for me...

Aroo? *Head tilts slightly*

I honestly have no idea how to do that or even what tab you speak of...I guess I'm here for the data entry if need be, but not the logistics, really. I don't want to mess the thing up. Once people are picking, I have no problem entering and logging the data. 

Draft sheet tab? 

I'm smiling and lol'ing at my own goon-like cluelessness. *shrugs*
Ok sorry, I thought you set the spreadsheet up. 

It's me, I'll fool around with the spreadsheet today during football now that it seems a pretty safe bet 25 is the number, I just didn't want to have to deal with adding/subtracting/changing stuff if we landed on a different number. 
Thanks - was just looking at the list on the spreadsheet last night and thought it might be helpful to have the overall RS # on the main draft sheet tab once we start inputting picks. 

out of curiosity... are there rules?
Assuming we have 25 drafters:

The Rolling Stone top 500 songs list gets broken into 20 groups of 25. Each drafter has to select one song from each of those groups. You can pick from the groups in any order. So if there is a group of 25 songs that you only like one of, you might want to pick that song earlier. 

I have some important yoga and showering to do before settling in for football and catching up on the thread.  Looks like we’re getting close!   :excited:

A Canadian band I follow on Twitter posed the question the other day, if you had to listen to one for the rest of your life, would you choose Nickelback or Rush. It's an easy answer for me...
Rush for me. I’m not a hater though. I’m one of the rare few that don’t either love them or hate them. I’d like them way better if not for the vocals. They made good music for running to IMO at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like Rush, so not an issue for me. Even if I didn't, Rush has the advantage of being from a more interesting genre. I'll also take dentist-drill vocals (which only appear on the early albums) over I'm-trying-really-hard-to-poop vocals. 

I actually like Rush, so not an issue for me. Even if I didn't, Rush has the advantage of being from a more interesting genre. I'll also take dentist-drill vocals (which only appear on the early albums) over I'm-trying-really-hard-to-poop vocals. 
Haha... no idea why I'm quoting you. Just checking in and reading and you made me laugh. I actively avoid Rush. Only song I've ever drafted here was an instrumental. 

I am traveling. Visiting family in Vegas then Tahoe. Made too many nfl parlay bets this morning so glued to football. No itinerary. Just wearing out my welcome then moving along. I could be gone for more than a week or home soon. 

I'm tempted to drop out of this one, but just keep me on autoskip. Would happily take the last pick to be on a corner.

Haha... no idea why I'm quoting you. Just checking in and reading and you made me laugh. I actively avoid Rush. Only song I've ever drafted here was an instrumental. 

I am traveling. Visiting family in Vegas then Tahoe. Made too many nfl parlay bets this morning so glued to football. No itinerary. Just wearing out my welcome then moving along. I could be gone for more than a week or home soon. 

I'm tempted to drop out of this one, but just keep me on autoskip. Would happily take the last pick to be on a corner.

I'm OK with your having last pick, unless anyone else objects.

It's me, I'll fool around with the spreadsheet today during football now that it seems a pretty safe bet 25 is the number, I just didn't want to have to deal with adding/subtracting/changing stuff if we landed on a different number. 

If possible, I'd like to have a sheet that shows the picks/segments by drafter.  Important for strate-ger-y to see who still needs what.

All right, I consider us to be at 25, with the last spot to be filled with fatguy/OH/other (if someone else steps up today).  I'll put together the draft order, taking out Chaos Commish as being #25 pick unless anyone has a problem with that.

I'm going to use this site and input the names - WA-LA!  No fancy dice here.

All right, I consider us to be at 25, with the last spot to be filled with fatguy/OH/other (if someone else steps up today).  I'll put together the draft order, taking out Chaos Commish as being #25 pick unless anyone has a problem with that.

I'm going to use this site and input the names - WA-LA!  No fancy dice here.

Annnnnnd, can I have a do-over?  Here's the draft order.  I'll post this in the first post of the thread and also move the rules that no one read to post #2.

@landrys hat, you're up, but please take your time.  We don't have a draft sheet yet, so I'd rather not get too far along.  @Northern Voice, would you be able to enter this order into the sheet while you're putting it together?  Thank you again for all the work on it!

1landrys hat

2Ilov80s

3Uruk-Hai

4Pip's Invitation

5Eephus

6The Dreaded Marco

7Doug B

8Ramsay Hunt Experience

9Binky the Doormat

10Raging weasel

11El Floppo

12timschochet

13Yo Mama

14Manster

15the moops

16fatguy/OH/etc.

17simey

18Northern Voice

19rockaction

20krista4

21cosjobs

22Atomic Punk

23Mrs. Rannous

24Steve Tasker

+25 by request - Chaos Commish

Annnnnnd, can I have a do-over?  Here's the draft order.  I'll post this in the first post of the thread and also move the rules that no one read to post #2.

@landrys hat, you're up, but please take your time.  We don't have a draft sheet yet, so I'd rather not get too far along.  @Northern Voice, would you be able to enter this order into the sheet while you're putting it together?  Thank you again for all the work on it!

1landrys hat

2Ilov80s

3Uruk-Hai

4Pip's Invitation

5Eephus
Good googly-moogly, I'm in the middle of Snipe City. 

I can do it. I do have a job that does not allow me to be on during day but I'm good other than that. Not sure how fast you guys want this to go?
Ah, that's rough.  Although there's no draft clock, these tend to go fast in the early rounds when people are excited, and folks can get antsy waiting.  (They do tend to slow in the later ones as people start to care less and get bored.)  If you wanted to do it, you could consider:

1.  Put yourself on skip during the day when not available and make up your picks after work.  If you're a competitive type (as I am!), this might not be pleasing and/or take some fun out of it for you.

2.  Send some picks to another drafter or helpful bystander each day that it appears you'll be up, so that someone can make them for you and you don't get skipped.

3.  Quit your job.

4.  Any combination of #1-3.

Ah, that's rough.  Although there's no draft clock, these tend to go fast in the early rounds when people are excited, and folks can get antsy waiting.  (They do tend to slow in the later ones as people start to care less and get bored.)  If you wanted to do it, you could consider:

1.  Put yourself on skip during the day when not available and make up your picks after work.  If you're a competitive type (as I am!), this might not be pleasing and/or take some fun out of it for you.

2.  Send some picks to another drafter or helpful bystander each day that it appears you'll be up, so that someone can make them for you and you don't get skipped.

3.  Quit your job.

4.  Any combination of #1-3.
And to be clear, a wait of a few hours isn't going to kill anyone.  We're not all able to be on this site all the time.  Just wouldn't want a full day to go by.

And to be clear, a wait of a few hours isn't going to kill anyone.  We're not all able to be on this site all the time.  Just wouldn't want a full day to go by.
I can promise one a day. If someone with more time on their hands wants to step in I am cool with that as well.

I made one of these.  It's sheet 3.

Thank you!!  And feel free to make your first pick if you wish, or wait if you'd rather.

@Northern Voice, let me know when you have the rest of the spreadsheet finalized.  I'm not touching anything until you've done whatever you wish to do.  I know it's still in progress since there are some picks filled in.

I have a pick (provided the first three up don't jank it). Hopefully it's not the exact same song out of 500 that Krista wanted. 

Change to 1-25, etc. might have changed my pick, but with draft slot #20 I haven't bothered to look yet.  :(  

It didn't change my overall strategy, but it did change what I did and not perceive as scarce. 

Overall strategy, you say?  Hmmm.  

By the way, I want to bold in case anyone doesn't read my or Binky's posts - REMINDER - you do not have to pick in order of the segments (in fact doing so would be bad overall strategy).  Choose any undrafted song from any segment you haven't drafted from yet.

Users who are viewing this thread