What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***NFC Championship Game Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Screw you Cutler. Way to nut up and stand up for your team. Biggest game in franchise history and you can't even limp out on the field and give it everything you have to try and win it. Most qbs would hope out on one leg and an injured throwing arm and shot put the ball across the field. Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. Someone tie this guy to the bench and put a :bag: over his head. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Maybe a little overstated?

Not a Cutler hate at all, actually like the guy, but this is the biggest gutless/##### performance I have ever seen in sports, and Ive been watching for 25 yrs. If he doesnt need to be carted off, he should be out there. Todd Collins should not be in the league
If he doesn't need surgery on his knee, then I completely agree. A one legged Cutler is better than Todd Collins. Pretty pathetic.

Screw you Cutler. Way to nut up and stand up for your team. Biggest game in franchise history and you can't even limp out on the field and give it everything you have to try and win it. Most qbs would hope out on one leg and an injured throwing arm and shot put the ball across the field. Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. Someone tie this guy to the bench and put a :bag: over his head. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
I don't think this is accurate.I will say it was the biggest game of his career and he is giving an indication of what type of player he is (soft, for those of you scoring at home), but this franchise has had bigger games than this and will have bigger games than this in the future.

Defensive play + QB other than Cutler coming in = win.
You've seen Collins play before, right?
I remember him beating the Giants in the wind at the Meadowlands on a Sunday night when he was with the Redskins and the Skins had to win to make the playoffs.
Wasn't that game during the Coolidge administration?ETA: Had to be. It's been that long since the Skins were on the field in January. :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cutler man you will always be known in Chicago as the guy who quit! At least go out and make Lovie force you from playing. Seriously, man up and get out there for your team and city.

Cutler man you will always be known in Chicago as the guy who quit! At least go out and make Lovie force you from playing. Seriously, man up and get out there for your team and city.
He's from Indiana, Chicago isn't his team and his city, this is just where his employer is located.

With Cutler out, the only hope the Bears have now is if Rodgers throws a couple more bonehead interceptions.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's from Indiana, Chicago isn't his team and his city, this is just where his employer is located.
:thumbdown: He isn't a Bear? Doesn't he play for the Bears? Or, are you saying he hasn't bought into being a Chicago Bear?

No one will ever rip on a guy when they make half of a great play, but in a game where the offense is struggling to do absolutely anything and their starting QB is out hurt, a franchise hall of fame bound linebacker getting taken down by an arm tackle by a QB is pretty horrible. Urlacher should have scored on that INT return if the Bears were going to have any shot.

Defensive play + QB other than Cutler coming in = win.
You've seen Collins play before, right?
I remember him beating the Giants in the wind at the Meadowlands on a Sunday night when he was with the Redskins and the Skins had to win to make the playoffs.
Wasn't that game during the Coolidge administration?ETA: Had to be. It's been that long since the Skins were on the field in January. :goodposting:
IIRC, it was actually only January 2008. The last game of Gibbs II.

That Rodgers INT was huge. Can't emphasize enough what a boneheaded play that was. Take the sack. 3 points makes it a 3 point game. The Bears are still very much in it.

Why are we assuming it is Cutler's call to be out of the game? The Bears are dead without him, can't believe all the hate.

And how in the blue hell is this only a 14-0 GB lead?

Why are we assuming it is Cutler's call to be out of the game? The Bears are dead without him, can't believe all the hate.And how in the blue hell is this only a 14-0 GB lead?
I think much of the resentment stems from his seeming disinterest in the game. Even Vince "mental problems" Young got mad when he was pulled from a meaningless game in a lost season. As a fan you want to see your team leader (and I will use that term very loosely here) to yell at his coach and beg to come back in to try and get the win. You do not want him wandering on the sideline looking bored. Whether it is accurate or not, he doesn't seem to have a competitive fire unless you try to trade for another QB in which case he gets all kinds of excited.

Users who are viewing this thread