What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**NFC Divisional Round - Packers at Niners** (-10, 50.5) Kickoff Sat 8:15 (1 Viewer)

But again, that isn’t why they lost. Niners made plays when it mattered most
That’s my takeaway. Both teams had gaffs. Both teams were effected by the weather both teams made clutch plays. Niners made more clutch plays.

If we’re going to complain about refs, let’s maybe also point out
1. The helmet to helmet that knocked Deebo out the 1st time. No call.

2. Aiyuk looking like he was getting mugged in a back alley on the Green Bay sideline by the Gatorade with 3 packers laying into him. No call. Hope Aiyuk checked to see if he still had his wallet & gold chain. :oldunsure:

Both of those should have been 15 yards. Neither were called. Both impacted the game.

Bad spot on the 2nd one, but I thought they got the 1st one correct. 2nd one was corrected on review, so not impactful really.

Ok. I don't know what to tell you. I was there.
Perhaps your definition of heavy rain & mine are different.

I have many friends who were there who said it was coming down in buckets at times, and it was wet and slippery all night on the field.

That seems validated by what I saw in the lights, and in Aaron Jones slipping behind the line, and our defensive backs slipping all night.
That's funny.

I was ready. My son and I wore our ski-bibs and gore-tex shells with hoodies just in case. Even had an umbrella in case it was really bad. I hardly ever had my hood up, and that was just to keep my beanie dry on a couple occasions. Even took my jacket off a few times. Never opened my umbrella. Never even thought about it.

Anyway, yeah, maybe we have different definitions of heavy rain.

Anyway, yeah, maybe we have different definitions of heavy rain.
My friends who were there texted me a few times during the game.

Neither were super bundled up - light rain gear.

They said it was steady all night, but never stopped. Texted a couple times saying “here it comes!” and it looked noticeably bad on the television.

Regardless, less than idea conditions for gripping/throwing a football. Maybe we can meet in the middle and agree there since that was my initial point.

Great game! Props to San Francisco for being able to come back.

I never expected Green Bay to get this far so I'm actually pretty happy with their season. However, they certainly need to get rid of that kicker. And need to shore up their defense in the draft.
To summarize LaFleur's presser...... "He's our kicker, next question."

But again, that isn’t why they lost. Niners made plays when it mattered most
That’s my takeaway. Both teams had gaffs. Both teams were effected by the weather both teams made clutch plays. Niners made more clutch plays.

If we’re going to complain about refs, let’s maybe also point out
1. The helmet to helmet that knocked Deebo out the 1st time. No call.

2. Aiyuk looking like he was getting mugged in a back alley on the Green Bay sideline by the Gatorade with 3 packers laying into him. No call. Hope Aiyuk checked to see if he still had his wallet & gold chain. :oldunsure:

Both of those should have been 15 yards. Neither were called. Both impacted the game.

Bad spot on the 2nd one, but I thought they got the 1st one correct. 2nd one was corrected on review, so not impactful really.
Absolutely. It’s football. Bad calls happen. The refs missed two fairly obvious facemask penalties (both by Greenlaw if memory serves). No doubt they missed calls on the Pack too. Niners made plays down the stretch. Packers didn’t. End of story.

Telling a guy who was actually AT the game, he's wrong about the weather? What a joke you are
I live 25 mins from there and can look out the window.
:rolleyes:

Enjoy the playoffs next week. 👍🏼
25 min away with Bay Area micro climates is a pretty big deal. At least based on my time living there.

But like you wrote, it was pretty clearly not ideal weather conditions.

Telling a guy who was actually AT the game, he's wrong about the weather? What a joke you are
I live 25 mins from there and can look out the window.
:rolleyes:

Enjoy the playoffs next week. 👍🏼
25 min away with Bay Area micro climates is a pretty big deal. At least based on my time living there.

But like you wrote, it was pretty clearly not ideal weather conditions.
Agreed, but the whole bay was sloppy wet.

It was not a torrential downpour, but at various times in the game it was heavier than others.

And like you said, and to my original point, it’s not ideal for gripping a football (and recalling the Browns game, appears to be a weakness of Purdy).

I’m glad the forecast is for clear skies next week, and of course the SB is indoors if they make it.

F.Y.I.
From Vegas Insider

Tampa Bay @ San Francisco -10
Detroit @ San Francisco -7
I feel more confident vs these two teams than I did vs GB. GB had hottest qb and rb in league. Detroit can't play outdoors and tb isn't a good team.
Hey now, the Bucs held their own the last 2 weeks! They were bi-polar for sure but their good side showed up the last couple of games.

F.Y.I.
From Vegas Insider

I feel more confident vs these two teams than I did vs GB. GB had hottest qb and rb in league. Detroit can't play outdoors and tb isn't a good team.
DET is 3-2 outside this year, including a W at Arrowhead prime time to open the season.
Which is worse than their 9-3 indoor record.

F.Y.I.
From Vegas Insider

DET is 3-2 outside this year, including a W at Arrowhead prime time to open the season.
Which is worse than their 9-3 indoor record.
Maybe a 1-4 or 0-5 record would imply they can't play outdoors. I'm not stating this means they will win @ SF, but to say they can't play outdoors does not seem to match what they've done this year.

I think SF is the better team; but if they play like they did this week; they ain't winning. DET will lay it on them

I think SF is the better team; but if they play like they did this week; they ain't winning. DET will lay it on them
So, if Detroit was playing in a steady downpour this week, they would have played the same as they did in a climate controlled dome?

OK then.

So, if Detroit was playing in a steady downpour this week, they would have played the same as they did in a climate controlled dome?

OK then.

Where's the quote of me where I said that?
Point is, part of why SF played like they did was the downpour. Had Detroit played in that as well, probably would have had a different look.

But yeah, they need to play better and probably will with better conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread