What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**NFC Divisional Round - Packers at Niners** (-10, 50.5) Kickoff Sat 8:15 (1 Viewer)

49ers are favored by 9.5.

Fun fact:

11 of the 49ers' 12 wins this season were by double digits. The only exception was week 2 when Sean McVay kicked a meaningless last minute FG to make it a 7 point win.

when the 49ers win, they beat you down.

In games where they were favored by 9.5 or more, they were 6-1 (CLE the only loss)

Last edited:
Nick Wagoner:

Packers QB Jordan Love's numbers against man and zone coverage this season;

Vs. Man: 68.8 QBR, 23 TDs, 1 INT, 6.1 yards/attempt

Vs. Zone: 62.4 QBR, 8 TDs, 10 INTs, 7.9 yards/attempt

Worth noting, Love has been better against zone down the stretch, including 7-10 for 120 yards last week against Dallas.

49ers, of course, played zone at 7th highest rate in the league this year and gave up 5 TDs with 14 INTs while playing it.

34-21 49ers win here. They play to their strengths, running the ball, right up the middle, where Green Bay is weakest. Play Action ensues, Brock gets 2-3 TDs. One WR has a nice game one is kinda shut down IMO. Packers playing catch up most of the game, Love makes a costly error or two.

Watching and listening to all the playoff coverage, it's like CMC doesnt exist.

Did everyone forget about the leagues most dynamic player? Rushing champ? 2023 total yards? 21 total tds? Ring a bell? Anyone?

Its gonna be the CMC show Saturday night. Get your popcorn ready.

Last edited:
Matt Schneidman @mattschneidman

Packers final injury report vs. 49ers:
Out: OLB Kingsley Enagbare
Questionable: CB Jaire Alexander, RB AJ Dillon, ILB Isaiah McDuffie, P Daniel Whelan

Matt LaFleur said Whelan is sick but he should be OK for Saturday.

A pity about Enagbare as he had a great game against Dallas. Clark and Gary are going to have to earn their paychecks this weekend.

49ers final injury report vs. Packers:

Out: Clelin Ferrell (knee)

Questionable: Dre Greenlaw (Achilles Tendinitis)

Greenlaw expected to play

1/06/96 | Packers @ 49ers | Divisional Round

49ers are 9.5 point favorites

Brett Favre 21/28 - 299 yards - 2 tds - 0 ints
Robert Brooks 4-103
Keith Jackson 4-101 TD
Mark Prior & Craig Newsome picked off Steve Young
Steve Young threw 65 times and ran 9 times

Packers win 27-17
That Packers team was 13-3, weren’t they?

Edit: that lead the league in points scored and points given up. I don’t think this years Packers team is quite as impressive.

Edit edit: nevermind all the above. I was thinking about the 97 playoffs in which Green Bay pasted us. I should be asleep. My apologies.

Last edited:
Green Bay has had a really nice run the last few weeks, but I think it comes to an end this week. I think this is SF's year.

The key for GB will be Aaron Jones getting going early, as well as Love has played of late, I don't like his odds if GB becomes one dimensional and needs to point chase, and that;s what I'm expecting. For SF, I think this is a big Kyle Shanahan>Joe Berry game. I think Brock Purdy spends the day throwing to wide open guys. Especially think this could be a huge Aiyuk game.

I think SF wins something like 31-17.

If the Packers win the toss they need to take the ball and try to get that first score. They have obviously been doing that a lot this year and I love that strategy. Especially for that team.

I actually wish the Chiefs would do this more.

Last edited:
Love has looked great and was incredible against Dallas. Obviously, he can play at that level but it would still be a little surprising to me to see him repeat that performance on an even bigger stage with more on the line - and I think that’s what it would take (at a min) for GB to win.

Former Packer Mark Chmura advocating a late hit on Purdy.

"I dont condone this...but I kinda do...a 15 yard penalty for a late hit on Brock Purdy is not a bad thing as long as it's worth it"

Stay classy, Green Bay media.
I don't condone that at all, but lets be honest it happens all the time in the NFL, Chmura was just dumb enough to say it. Also, he is not Green Bay media, he's a cohost on Milwaukee radio who doesn't even live here.

Got tickets for me and my son. Prices have been dropping. A bit rainy, a bit chilly, snow in the mountains, and a 10 pt spread will do that. Go Pack.
pretty cool that a CA kid is going up against the niners this weekend and possibly the next two games as well if the lions and bills are their following games.
i wonder if our gb :drive: taught Jordan love down in bakersfield

time for some hope...

1. gb can beat good teams. of the teams in the playoffs they beat kc, detroit, the rams and the cowboys. it's not a strange thing for them.

2. love has been the most blitzed qb in the league by a wide margin (13.3 times per game). him, the oline, and wrs/tes have grown accustomed to it and it's resulted in love making very quick reads and his his wrs/tes learning how to adapt and find the gaps to get open. sometimes extremely wide open. what they did to dallas they have been doing all year. the oline is used to it and love has gotten good at detecting and adjusting his protection. they can score against formidable defenses

3. sf has a good rush defense but 4 straight games for 100+ for jones whose early season injuries and time missed has him as fresh as any back right now. on paper sf may seem to win here easy but i see it as more of a push

4. the defense was good against dallas and they did a good job of hiding coverages. this is where sf has the biggest advantage but gb will come prepared against a team that hasn't played meaningful football for three weeks. maybe mccaffery runs all over them or maybe he's a bit rusty as a result of the calf inury, the kinda injury that tends to be pesky and linger and hinder for a number of weeks

5. just feels a little magical, doesn't it?

GB 27 - SF 23

GO PACK GO!

For the fist time ever, I’ll be cheering for the packers. I don’t think they pull it off but I’d take the points if I were a betting man.

38 - 35 in a. Somewhat surprising high scoring close game.

would be tighter if Green Bay's kicker wasn't missing field goals (he'll miss one or two crucial ones)

honestly I don’t have much confidence in SF’s rookie kicker to make a big clutch kick if needed. as a Niner fan I’m hoping they can build up a big enough lead that we don’t have to find out.
I strongly encourage both teams to always go for it on 4th in FG range and only go for 2's after TDs.

For the fist time ever, I’ll be cheering for the packers.

I couldn't do it last week and won't this week either, but it would not upset me if they won. I'm good with either result.

I never make score predictions but I don't see the Packers defense keeping them in the game. But Love is playing at a very high level and anything is possible.

The 49ers have been the class of the NFC all season, by far the most complete team. They should win, but the great thing about the NFL is you're never certain about the outcome.

If the Packers win the toss they need to take the ball and try to get that first score. They have obviously been doing that a lot this year and I love that strategy. Especially for that team.

Agreed. I feel like GB getting the early lead is their one chance to win. The 49ers under Shanahan do not play well from behind for whatever reason, and if the 49ers get rolling quickly, the game could get away from GB quickly. It's easy to forget that the Packers defense is not very good, and the 49ers should be able to get full on them early and often.

Agreed. I feel like GB getting the early lead is their one chance to win. The 49ers under Shanahan do not play well from behind for whatever reason, and if the 49ers get rolling quickly, the game could get away from GB quickly. It's easy to forget that the Packers defense is not very good, and the 49ers should be able to get full on them early and often.
I don’t know a single Packer fan who has forgotten how bad the defense can be and often is.

Im pretty nervous about this game coming down to a FG in rainy windy weather. Moody better be on point.

Packers…..well I heard they might not even bother flying to Cali since the game is over before it starts.
I haven't seen a good argument yet why or how the Packers can or will win. All I've heard is that Love has been playing lights out lately, and thats great, but its not enough of a reason IMO. How is GBs defense gonna shut down CMC and Purdy? GBs defense has been ranked bottom 3rd all year.

Does Green Bay take the ball away? They're even in turnover differential while SF is tied for 3rd best at +10. Green Bay has 7 INTs on the season, only the Titans had fewer picks. 49ers have 22 INTs, most in the NFL.

Do they get after the QB? Green Bay's pressure rate this season ranked #14 and it's been slightly worse since the mid-point of the season.

Im not saying the Packers CANT win, just that they WONT win.

:shrug:

Yeah, we know. Pundits and all Cowboys fans said the same thing last week about the Packers before they played Dallas.

You're acting and talking JUST like them.

Did everyone forget about the leagues most dynamic player? Rushing champ? 2023 total yards? 21 total tds? Ring a bell? Anyone?

Reading this thread, it's like the Packers don't exist.
After today they don’t until next season imo

Former Packer Mark Chmura advocating a late hit on Purdy.

"I dont condone this...but I kinda do...a 15 yard penalty for a late hit on Brock Purdy is not a bad thing as long as it's worth it"

Stay classy, Green Bay media.
I don't condone that at all, but lets be honest it happens all the time in the NFL, Chmura was just dumb enough to say it. Also, he is not Green Bay media, he's a cohost on Milwaukee radio who doesn't even live here.
Wow. Everything is aligning. :lol:

Packers…..well I heard they might not even bother flying to Cali since the game is over before it starts.
I haven't seen a good argument yet why or how the Packers can or will win. All I've heard is that Love has been playing lights out lately, and thats great, but its not enough of a reason IMO. How is GBs defense gonna shut down CMC and Purdy? GBs defense has been ranked bottom 3rd all year.

Does Green Bay take the ball away? They're even in turnover differential while SF is tied for 3rd best at +10. Green Bay has 7 INTs on the season, only the Titans had fewer picks. 49ers have 22 INTs, most in the NFL.

Do they get after the QB? Green Bay's pressure rate this season ranked #14 and it's been slightly worse since the mid-point of the season.

Yeah, we know. Pundits and all Cowboys fans said the same thing last week about the Packers before they played Dallas.

SF >>>>>>> DAL

SF >>>>>>> DAL

By 2.5 points according to vegas

Some rando on Twitter:

I am right down the street from Levis, and this isn't hard rain at all, and all forecasts say it will be mostly dry at gametime with some light showers popping up around 7:00pm ish

SF >>>>>>> DAL

By 2.5 points according to vegas

that’s not how that works

SF >>>>>>> DAL

Cowboys fans also said DAL >>>>>>> GB too.

SF >>>>>>> DAL

Cowboys fans also said DAL >>>>>>> GB too.
49er fans >>>>>>> Cowboys fans

Reading this thread, it's like the Packers don't exist.
After today they don’t until next season imo
Well then, at least they existed one week longer than the Cowboys 🤠

All trash talk aside, hoping for no injuries on either team.

And remember, it's only football.

GO NINERS!!

Users who are viewing this thread