What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No Grammys thread? (1 Viewer)

I tuned in just for Tracy Chapman. So amazing. But so far it was Billie Eilish that blew me away. Miley was a hot mess (and lol at her yelling at the crowd when they weren’t into it enough).

Miley’s hair is weird but her performance was good.

Billie Eilish was spectacular doing the Barbie song. What a gorgeous tune.

Miley’s hair is weird but her performance was good.

Billie Eilish was spectacular doing the Barbie song. What a gorgeous tune.

Miley’s performance was like a bad off-strip Vegas show. Her dance moves were laughable and throwing the mic stand at the end was cringeworthy.

Billie’s performance was a masterclass in vocal control and emotional connection.

I tuned in just for Tracy Chapman. So amazing. But so far it was Billie Eilish that blew me away. Miley was a hot mess (and lol at her yelling at the crowd when they weren’t into it enough).

Too bad Luke Combs had to be there. He should just realize he sucks and let Tracey go alone.
Cool that Tracy was up there. She sounded great. I’m sure she got a nice little paycheck too from all the success that Combs’ version had.

Loved Joni. But it seems to me like, if I’m remembering correctly, she did a slowed down jazz version of “Both Sides Now” around 20 years ago. So this is similar, no?

The guy performing now- his style is the same kind of music I hear these days whenever I go shopping with the kids to clothing stores. I don’t know what you call it but I really don’t like it.

I’m loving this show. Best in many years in my humble opinion. Loved the Joni Mitchell moment. And so impressed with the young female artists. Such a good vibe to the show this year.

ekbeats! What's up? Good to see you around, brother.

Ever since I first heard of him 2 minutes ago, I've been googling JellyRoll. I would like to know everything about him.

I’m loving this show. Best in many years in my humble opinion. Loved the Joni Mitchell moment. And so impressed with the young female artists. Such a good vibe to the show this year.

ekbeats! What's up? Good to see you around, brother.
Thanks Rock. Good to see you, big bottom, Tim, all you guys. I always look for the comments from you all on this night. 👍

Second straight year Molly Tuttle and her band have won best bluegrass album. No complaints from me though - it is well deserved as was last year, although I would've loved to see Sam Bush win one for his great tribute record to John Hartford.

Idk that Tracy Chapman one was great too. Two really awesome performances.
"Fast Car" is the GOAT pop song as far as I'm concerned.

Amazing performance by Chapman and Combs.
in 1988, there was a Nelson Mandela tribute at Wembley.

Stevie Wonder was about to come on stage, and his pre-recorded tracks were lost, and he was unable to perform. Stevie left the venue, in tears. Crowd was getting restless, and the promoters asked Chapman to play something/anything as they set up for the next act. Chapman had performed a 3 song set earlier in the show.

With an acoustic guitar, she performed Fast Car and Talkin' About a Revolution. 80,000 in the venue, around 600 million estimated worldwide.

The debut album had sold about 250,000 copies at that point, and sold around 2 million over the next two weeks.

Too bad Luke Combs had to be there. He should just realize he sucks and let Tracey go alone.
Oh this has to be a joke. Luke Combs sucks? That's hilarious. Guy has a fantastic voice.

Oh this has to be a joke. Luke Combs sucks? That's hilarious. Guy has a fantastic voice.

Yeah, I started off not really wanting him to be there, but by the end of the song, he had won me over. That said, having a good voice is one thing, and creating a work of art is another, and she was the creator. He’s just a guy doing a cover (and a straight up cover at that) so I was glad to see him pay homage at the end.

Yeah, I started off not really wanting him to be there, but by the end of the song, he had won me over. That said, having a good voice is one thing, and creating a work of art is another, and she was the creator. He’s just a guy doing a cover (and a straight up cover at that) so I was glad to see him pay homage at the end.
She is getting royalties off "his version" so I have zero issues......... i like his version :shrug:

She is getting royalties off "his version" so I have zero issues......... i like his version :shrug:

I’m not hating on the guy. His version is good. Largely because he did a straight up cover rather than trying to “make it his own.” Even kept the line referring to himself as a “checkout girl.” As he even said in his interview, recording the tune was a spur of the moment idea he had when he was in the studio recording his album. He didn’t really bring anything creatively to the tune other than his good voice (which I admit is quite good). So yeah, it’s a good cover, but let’s face it, everyone in that audience wanted to see Tracy, me included. But like I said, he won me over - and then he did the right thing by paying homage to her. Which he should do because this is her creation and he is benefitting big time from it. As for her getting royalties, I sure hope she still has the publishing rights and that is indeed the case.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread