What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2011 FBG Subscriber Contest Thread (1 Viewer)

It's freaking killing me not knowing if I have a shot at one of the top spots.

Maybe one of you db experts can set fbg.com up next year with real time scoring of at least some sims.

I've had a few stellar performances this week, but not enough. I'm afraid my team is gonna fall out of the top 100 after this week.

It's freaking killing me not knowing if I have a shot at one of the top spots.Maybe one of you db experts can set fbg.com up next year with real time scoring of at least some sims.
GL BnB. Looked like you were having a good week.
Thanks man. 183 plus the best of Graham/Moore/Douglas. Really needed Barber to play as I'm stuck with a 5 at RB. Wondering if a top 10 spot is possible???

CURRENT STANDINGS

Caveats:

- Results up to and including the GB/CHI game.

- 99.9% manual entry, so errors may exist, but I feel pretty confident I got it all right.

Comments:

Blue Thunder still has the lead, but there are some teams out there that can take the top spot with MNF still to play.

I'll see if I can't get a sim run before tomorrow night.

CURRENT STANDINGS

Caveats:

- 99.9% manual entry, so errors may exist, but I feel pretty confident I got it all right.

Comments:

Blue Thunder still has the lead, but there are some teams out there that can take the top spot with MNF still to play.

Wow, I'm shockingly still in 9th. I still got room for a few more points, but I'm afraid that there are a lot of good players still left tomorrow.

FINAL STANDINGS SIMULATOR

Well I hate to break the news to everyone without a team named "BLUE THUNDER", but it looks like we're all playing for second place.

I ran a new sim, with all the actual scoring from the games played through Sunday night's game, and Lineup Dominator projections for the MNF game. I did 100 runs on the Monte Carlo sim, with the results posted above. Out of the 100 runs, BLUE THUNDER won 99 times, and jbird won the other time. "So you're saying there's a chance..."

I'm currently projected to finish 27th, which I'm pickled tink about. This contest and board has been an amazing ride this season. I'm happy with my team's performance, and I was able to brush up on my Excel skills along the way. I've learned a lot of things and will hopefully, improve on my team next year. I've got two key tweaks I'll be making, which I don't plan on sharing. Thanks for all the discussion, and good luck to everyone fighting for one of the top spots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your hard work, wollac. Projected at 15th, would love to find a way into the top ten. The scenario is as follows:

A) Either Roddy White or Julio Jones pulls something during warmups.

B) Harry Douglas performs like one of those guys.

Doesn't seem likely, and I don't want to root for injuries. So I will root for Lance Moore and Jimmy Graham to get me as much as they can and whatever happens, happens.

Thanks for your hard work, wollac. Projected at 15th, would love to find a way into the top ten. The scenario is as follows:A) Either Roddy White or Julio Jones pulls something during warmups.B) Harry Douglas performs like one of those guys.Doesn't seem likely, and I don't want to root for injuries. So I will root for Lance Moore and Jimmy Graham to get me as much as they can and whatever happens, happens.
Setting Roddy White and Julio Jones at 0 points, and Harry Douglas at Roddy White's projection of 18.6, and simming it through 25 runs, moves you from 15th to 13th. You'll need to come up with some more points somewhere!!

Thanks for your hard work, wollac. Projected at 15th, would love to find a way into the top ten. The scenario is as follows:A) Either Roddy White or Julio Jones pulls something during warmups.B) Harry Douglas performs like one of those guys.Doesn't seem likely, and I don't want to root for injuries. So I will root for Lance Moore and Jimmy Graham to get me as much as they can and whatever happens, happens.
Setting Roddy White and Julio Jones at 0 points, and Harry Douglas at Roddy White's projection of 18.6, and simming it through 25 runs, moves you from 15th to 13th. You'll need to come up with some more points somewhere!!
However, if you also make Lance Moore and Jimmy Graham equal their season high totals, you'd move into 6th place.

CURRENT STANDINGS

Caveats:

Comments:

Sitting in 10th (103997). I have Jimmy Graham (-6.7). I figure I will drop a little after tonight, but I am not complaining.

However, if you also make Lance Moore and Jimmy Graham equal their season high totals, you'd move into 6th place.
Fascinating. I would have thought that Douglas would have done me more good. Anyway, it appears this will be a far better result than my other two trips to the finals, so I will :banned: tonight and enjoy it.

Wollac,thanks for this update, been doing rough standing estimates in my head for top 10 as I knew I was doing pretty good. Currently sitting in 2nd and projected there, but I have a feeling I'm realistically gonna drop a couple spots after tonight (seems like everyone else has Roddy White!).

Couldn't do quite enough to catch Blue Thunder after his monster week. I think that 270+ has to be one of the highest scores ever in any week!

Much gratitude to all the projectors and analysts in this thread throughout the season and of course to FBG for this cool contest!

Sitting at 26th, with almost no chance to crack the top 20. That's a great year for me, and I look forward to the post season contest.

Also, I'm really glad that BnB is "LHUCKS", as I'd been obsessing over the possibility of finishing behind that nimrod for over a month.

Wollac,thanks for this update, been doing rough standing estimates in my head for top 10 as I knew I was doing pretty good. Currently sitting in 2nd and projected there, but I have a feeling I'm realistically gonna drop a couple spots after tonight (seems like everyone else has Roddy White!).

Couldn't do quite enough to catch Blue Thunder after his monster week. I think that 270+ has to be one of the highest scores ever in any week!

Much gratitude to all the projectors and analysts in this thread throughout the season and of course to FBG for this cool contest!
No kidding. I had 251 last week and still finished 20 pts back.

I got killed at RB2 this week. 6.6 from Wells I think. I was getting a nice rush from Helu lately. Oh well, top 10 would be nice.

And it also goes to show how lucky you need to be. I got 29 points from 1 $2 defense in the first week of the finals (Jax), and 29 points from my other $2 defense this week (Buffalo). Really is the difference between me finishing top 25 and top 100.

I am definitely going to tweak some strategies next year, but I will definitely be sticking with 3 $2 defenses, and 4 cheap kickers. They can really make the difference on moving on each week.

FINAL STANDINGS SIMULATOR

Well I hate to break the news to everyone without a team named "BLUE THUNDER", but it looks like we're all playing for second place.

I ran a new sim, with all the actual scoring from the games played through Sunday night's game, and Lineup Dominator projections for the MNF game. I did 100 runs on the Monte Carlo sim, with the results posted above. Out of the 100 runs, BLUE THUNDER won 99 times, and jbird won the other time. "So you're saying there's a chance..."

I'm currently projected to finish 27th, which I'm pickled tink about. This contest and board has been an amazing ride this season. I'm happy with my team's performance, and I was able to brush up on my Excel skills along the way. I've learned a lot of things and will hopefully, improve on my team next year. I've got two key tweaks I'll be making, which I don't plan on sharing. Thanks for all the discussion, and good luck to everyone fighting for one of the top spots.
Thankfully there's still a chance.

What could have been. The 6 spot at my second RB spot will stick in the craw for a long time as will Manningham's drop int he end zone. I've hit my sim number, need Graham to post another 8 pts to move up a spot or two.

For some good karma and Graham motivation, half of any winnings improvement from 7th will go to jdrf.

UNOFFICIAL FINAL RESULTS

I can't stress enough how much manual entry was involved with generating these sims and this final results tally. I'm about 95% confident that these results are true, but don't go spending unearned money yet, if you know what I mean.

In the end, BLUE THUNDER's Week 2 rampage was impossible for any of us mere mortals to overcome, as BLUE THUNDER ended up winning by nearly 20 points. The race for the rest of the top 5 spots was quite fascinating with only 2.4 points separating 2nd place from 5th place. 6th place was about 10 points behind 5th place.

I ended up in 28th place, which isn't in the big money range, but who am I to complain? On the one hand, I'm sad that this is all over until next year, but on the other hand, we're just one day closer to the Playoff Contest.

It's been real. I'm out.

UNOFFICIAL FINAL RESULTS

I can't stress enough how much manual entry was involved with generating these sims and this final results tally. I'm about 95% confident that these results are true, but don't go spending unearned money yet, if you know what I mean.

In the end, BLUE THUNDER's Week 2 rampage was impossible for any of us mere mortals to overcome, as BLUE THUNDER ended up winning by nearly 20 points. The race for the rest of the top 5 spots was quite fascinating with only 2.4 points separating 2nd place from 5th place. 6th place was about 10 points behind 5th place.

I ended up in 28th place, which isn't in the big money range, but who am I to complain? On the one hand, I'm sad that this is all over until next year, but on the other hand, we're just one day closer to the Playoff Contest.

It's been real. I'm out.
Thanks for all of your updates.6th place, I'll take it. Congrats to all.

Thanks Wollac for all the effort you put in to keep us up to date on the possible results.

Looks like 100 for me. I was incredibly lucky since I did not pay attention to the rules and just picked the players based on my limited knowledge and their cost relative to the $250.

Next year I will make a serious effort and put some meaningful thought into the picks. No doubt I will be gone in week 2! LOL

I am wondering if anyone has tried the Draft Dominator using the game rules to suggest picks?

Here's hoping everyone has a prosperous New Year.

Pat

4 of the top 5 teams are 18 man rosters. Top 30-man roster finishes at #9. Go ahead and make fun of the small roster teams some more.

Anyone with the database want to spend some time doing a high level breakdown like Saint did last year here

Finished 43rd in this, in my first trip to the finals. Before last night's game, I honestly thought my team would finish outside of the top 100... so I'll take it. This was my first trip to the finals and it was an absolute blast, even though it can feel stressful at times. A huge thanks to Footballguys for this contest and to everyone who put so much effort into this contest.

15th place.

Very happy with that considering my running back situation.

Love this contest. I have learned so much from these threads these last 3 years as well.

Finished #13. First time I made it to the final 250. Pretty happy with the turnout considering I had lost most RB production by last week. Congratulations to BT and everyone else in the top.10.

It will be tough to repeat or improve what I did this year but am looking forward to it.

Happy to see official results today with me still at 2! Less than 2 points between 2nd and 5th, and 3 through 5 all had Roddy, so one more reception by Roddy would have bumped me down.

I still think big rosters give you better chance to make finals. And once there, the right guys on your roster is what you need to win, I think. (That, and production from your defenses and/or kickers.)

Happy to see official results today with me still at 2! Less than 2 points between 2nd and 5th, and 3 through 5 all had Roddy, so one more reception by Roddy would have bumped me down.I still think big rosters give you better chance to make finals. And once there, the right guys on your roster is what you need to win, I think. (That, and production from your defenses and/or kickers.)
Congrats man!-QG

4 of the top 5 teams are 18 man rosters. Top 30-man roster finishes at #9. Go ahead and make fun of the small roster teams some more.
:lmao: had to know this would happen just to keep things :stirspot: for next year.-QG
I might expand on this with the following:5 of the top 10 teams are 18 man rosters, but...5 of the bottom 10 teams are also 18 man rosters.Gotta look at things from both sides. Lets not forget, this contest started with 10x as many 18 man rosters as 30 man rosters.

Anyone with the database want to spend some time doing a high level breakdown like Saint did last year here
This isn't quite the breakdown that Saint did, but I think this data is all I need to know. Here's a breakdown of the Final 250 teams, with their average finish position, and their average final points. Draw your own conclusions:

Code:
Size	Avg Fin	Avg Score	18	129.6	521.65	BELOW AVERAGE19	198.9	486.07	BELOW AVERAGE20	123.9	520.61	BELOW AVERAGE21	136.6	515.13	BELOW AVERAGE22	144.8	512.09	BELOW AVERAGE23	134.4	518.54	BELOW AVERAGE24	134.2	519.51	BELOW AVERAGE25	77.6	545.32	ABOVE AVERAGE26	117.1	527.75	ABOVE AVERAGE27	86.6	549.33	ABOVE AVERAGE28	111.9	533.77	ABOVE AVERAGE29	106.8	535.10	ABOVE AVERAGE30	91.4	540.10	ABOVE AVERAGE			AVG	125.5	523.13

While it's nice having a small roster of studs, the Captain Obvious in me thinks that a lot of it depends on not only picking the right guys, but also avoiding injury. How many small roster teams made it to the 250 with Charles?

The winner, Blue Thunder only had 4 RBs. He lost Hightower mid-season. M. Bush was serviceable early on, but didn't really do well until McFadden got hurt at mid-season. Deangelo and Spiller were mostly useless until the end of the season. In his case, he got lucky because of injuries to McFadden and F. Jackson, while injuries hurt other teams.

I used 28 players. I'll probably use a large roster again next year. Hopefully this time I'll get some better defenses and kickers.

Is there a way to tell where I would have finished in the 3 week playoffs. I got bounced the week before and I know I put up 220+ points the next week.

Is there a way to tell where I would have finished in the 3 week playoffs. I got bounced the week before and I know I put up 220+ points the next week.
If you go to your team page, the scores are there, it just doesn't show a total, you could total them up. I'm doing that with mine now.http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2011/100823.php

Users who are viewing this thread