What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2014 In Season Dynasty Trade Thread** (1 Viewer)

Just did this trade. Curious to see what some of the Dynasty experts that post regularly in this thread think about it:

I gave up: Murray, Marshall, A. Robinson, Olsen, 2015 1st (guaranteed to be top 3, very likely #1 or #2 overall).

I received: Charles, AJ Green, Benjamin, V. Davis and 2 2016 1sts (both should not be good picks, likely 9-12 range each).

My team after the trade, I am currently 7-0:

Manning, Eli NYG QB 144.5 8 Palmer, Carson ARI QB 66.9 4 Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 182.1 9 Bernard, Giovani CIN RB (P) 101.8 4 Charles, Jamaal KCC RB 69.5 6 Johnson, Storm JAC RB ® 19.0 11 Jones-Drew, Maurice OAK RB 12.2 5 Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB (P) 108.5 4 McFadden, Darren OAK RB 65.7 5 Thomas, Pierre NOS RB (O) 77.7 6 Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR ® 109.7 12 Blackmon, Justin JAC WR (S) - 11 Boykin, Jarrett GBP WR 3.7 9 Green, A.J. CIN WR (D) 58.9 4 Hartline, Brian MIA WR 44.6 5 Jackson, Vincent TBB WR (Q) 71.4 7 Jennings, Greg MIN WR 66.5 10 Matthews, Jordan PHI WR ® 57.6 7 Wright, Kendall TEN WR 88.0 9 Davis, Vernon SFO TE 40.2 8 Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 95.9 10 Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK 83.0 10 Bears, Chicago CHI Def 85.0 9 Bills, Buffalo BUF Def 89.0 9 Panthers, Carolina CAR Def 60.0 12 25 Total Players
I'd have rather kept Murray/Marshall for the run this year, and loaded up for future with possibly Gurley. Olsen to Davis is also a step down. Not a fan.
I understand what you're saying. I was torn on this one. I felt like the upgrade from Marshall, A. Robinson to AJ Green and Benjamin was worth the other downgrades and losing out at a chance at Gurley or Gordon. Hoping Charles can bounce back and have a big 2nd half of the season. I like the fact that I got 4 years younger going from Marshall to AJ as well. Yes Olsen to Davis is a step down but it's not like he is my starter since I have Gronk.

Just did this trade. Curious to see what some of the Dynasty experts that post regularly in this thread think about it:

I gave up: Murray, Marshall, A. Robinson, Olsen, 2015 1st (guaranteed to be top 3, very likely #1 or #2 overall).

I received: Charles, AJ Green, Benjamin, V. Davis and 2 2016 1sts (both should not be good picks, likely 9-12 range each).

Manning, Eli NYG QB 144.5 8 Palmer, Carson ARI QB 66.9 4 Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 182.1 9 Bernard, Giovani CIN RB (P) 101.8 4 Charles, Jamaal KCC RB 69.5 6 Johnson, Storm JAC RB ® 19.0 11 Jones-Drew, Maurice OAK RB 12.2 5 Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB (P) 108.5 4 McFadden, Darren OAK RB 65.7 5 Thomas, Pierre NOS RB (O) 77.7 6 Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR ® 109.7 12 Blackmon, Justin JAC WR (S) - 11 Boykin, Jarrett GBP WR 3.7 9 Green, A.J. CIN WR (D) 58.9 4 Hartline, Brian MIA WR 44.6 5 Jackson, Vincent TBB WR (Q) 71.4 7 Jennings, Greg MIN WR 66.5 10 Matthews, Jordan PHI WR ® 57.6 7 Wright, Kendall TEN WR 88.0 9 Davis, Vernon SFO TE 40.2 8 Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 95.9 10 Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK 83.0 10 Bears, Chicago CHI Def 85.0 9 Bills, Buffalo BUF Def 89.0 9 Panthers, Carolina CAR Def 60.0 12 25 Total Players
I'd have rather kept Murray/Marshall for the run this year, and loaded up for future with possibly Gurley. Olsen to Davis is also a step down. Not a fan.
Good move upgrading to AJG and Benjamin. Like the move for you considering your RB strength and Gronk

Last edited by a moderator:

Good move upgrading to AJG and Benjamin. Like the move for you considering your RB strength and Gronk
PPR or not, Demarco Murray is RB1 and Greg Olsen is TE1. Benjamin and Green will be very nice for a number of years, but I don't think Green will be anywhere close to 100% for the rest of the year. Toe injuries are a mother, and they tend to linger for a long time. Throw in loosing out on a stud RB in the draft, and I think you got the wrong end of the deal. It all depends on whether or not you win the championship, but I think you might end up with serious WR trouble without Green healthy.

I can see a very realistic scenario where ROS Murray outscores Charles, Marshall/Robinson outscore Benjamin/Green (I'm telling you, toe injuries!), and Olsen outscores Gronk. Plus losing Gurley or Gordon...

In a twelve team league, I would trade a couple years of mediocrity for a championship any day. I think you may have done the reverse. Bold move though!

PPR or not, Demarco Murray is RB1 and Greg Olsen is TE1. Benjamin and Green will be very nice for a number of years, but I don't think Green will be anywhere close to 100% for the rest of the year. Toe injuries are a mother, and they tend to linger for a long time. Throw in loosing out on a stud RB in the draft, and I think you got the wrong end of the deal. It all depends on whether or not you win the championship, but I think you might end up with serious WR trouble without Green healthy.

I can see a very realistic scenario where ROS Murray outscores Charles, Marshall/Robinson outscore Benjamin/Green (I'm telling you, toe injuries!), and Olsen outscores Gronk. Plus losing Gurley or Gordon...

In a twelve team league, I would trade a couple years of mediocrity for a championship any day. I think you may have done the reverse. Bold move though!
It is a 12 team PPR league. I agree that it is a very good chance that Murray outscores Charles but I was a little worried since Murray has never played a full season in his career and is on pace for a very heavy workload. Unless AJ Green's toe isn't right for the entire season I don't really think there is any way that Marshall/ARob outscores AJ/Benjamin but weirder things have happened. Olsen outscoring Gronk is also possible but again not likely. Yes losing Gurley or Gordon hurts but I have decent RB depth and now with those two 2016 1sts adding to the other 2 I already have I now own 1/3 of the 1st round for that year. No real idea what that draft class is going to look like but hopefully it will be a strong one.

non-ppr 12 Tm

Gave: 2015 1st (currently 5-2), Larry Fitzgerald

Received: Keenen Allen, 2015 2nd (currently 4-3)

The 1st Tm looks like a shoe in for the playoff, the 2nd could go either way.

14 team PPR. Start minimum 1 RB. I'm the favorite with a good looking team elsewhere but I've got NOTHING at RB. Nothing. Daniel Thomas is my 2nd best RB, or McCluster.

Gave:

Gore

Got:

Cadet

All over the last few weeks. 16 team .5/.5/1.0 PPR. 1 QB. R/W/W/TE/2 flex/DL/LB/LB/DB/DB/2 flex. Contract league, no franchise tag or mechanism to lock in an RFA, so contract considerations can play a big part. $50 budget replenishment annually.

Team A gave up Bolden, Brandon NEP RB
Team B gave up Adams, Mike IND S

Team C gave up Morris, Alfred WAS RB;Oliver, Branden SDC RB; Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick from Team C;Year 2015 Round 7 Draft Pick from Team J; $3 in blind bidding
Team D gave up Forsett, Justin BAL RB;Johnson, Charles CAR DE; Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick from Team D

Team D gave up Sanchez, Mark PHI QB;Gibson, Brandon MIA WR;Hartline, Brian MIA WR;Nelson, Jordy GBP WR;Rogers, Da'Rick FA WR;Johnson, James-Michael KCC LB; Year 2015 Round 5 Draft Pick from Team D;Year 2016 Round 6 Draft Pick from Team C
Team I gave up Hill, Shaun STL QB;Decker, Eric NYJ WR;Holmes, Andre OAK WR;Whitehead, Tahir DET LB; Year 2015 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team B;Year 2016 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team I (late, but 2 years is a long time)

Team E gave up Brown, Bryce BUF RB;Smith, Torrey BAL WR;Clay, Charles MIA TE
Team F gave up Johnson, Storm JAC RB;Robinson, Allen JAC WR; Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team F (mid)

Team G gave up Kerley, Jeremy NYJ WR;Sims, Dion MIA TE;Allen, Antonio NYJ S; Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team G (late);Year 2015 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team G(late);Year 2016 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team G (late)
Team H gave up Olsen, Greg CAR TE;Marshall, Brandon DEN LB

Team I gave up Starks, James GBP RB; Year 2015 Round 5 Draft Pick from Team I
Team H gave up Holmes, Andre OAK WR;Tamme, Jacob DEN TE; Year 2015 Round 8 Draft Pick from Team E

Murray/Charles is wash for me in dynasty.

Robinson and Olsen are worth the two late 1sts.

That leaves Green for Marshall and a top 3 pick. I'll take Green.

Wish I were joking (or involved):

Team A gives: 2015 1st (currently top 4)

Team B gives: Brandon LaFell

The week before Montee Ball got injured, in 14 team, 0.5 PPR, superflex league:

I gave: Montee Ball, Carlos Hyde

I got: Demaryius Thomas

Just traded Delanie Walker and Justin Forsett for Blake Bortles.

I'm 1-6 (took over a train wreck of a team). Other team is 5-2.
Unless this is a 2qb league, I feel like you could have gotten a lot more.
Maybe a 3rd for each of them and I think Bortles is worth more than that even in 1QB. He also cleared a roster spot.
I didn't think of the roster spot, but I would still think you could get more.

Maybe a 3rd for each of them and I think Bortles is worth more than that even in 1QB. He also cleared a roster spot.
Yeah, I picked up Cadet with the open spot (it's a deep league with 45 player rosters).

I had been offering Forsett and Walker without any bites for awhile. TE is my strongest position (still have Ertz, ASJ, and Escobar). Forsett seems like a guy who will return to obscurity next year. Thought it was the best time to sell both. I like Bortles' upside, and I've been starting Cutler all year, so adding a QB with upside was worth giving them up for me.

12 team, half PPR league. I'm third in the standings, with most points for overall.

Gave: Miller, Hunter, 1st (will still have a top 5 pick this year due to a previous trade).

Received: Murray

Rest of the team is in my signature.

Impossible.
Belongs in the worst offer thread.

Or maybe we need a couple trade threads. One called "realistic trades made in serious leagues" and "stupid idiotic trades.........example, Lafell for a 1st".
The worst part is I played against this guy this week and told him how I thought it was a bad trade. Made me look great when lafell scored 29 on me :P

Matt Forte and Percy Harvin

for

LeSean McCoy and Kelvin Benjamin
No idea why anyone would even do this? Are there a couple of 2015 1sts missing from this deal?

Man....somebody is going to regret that move

I didn't think of the roster spot, but I would still think you could get more.
Disagree. Both were likely on waivers to begin the season and both are never going to command a premium price.

He basically got more than I think I could in any of my leagues at a 2nd for each assuming Bortles is worth a 2nd to most

Impossible.

Or maybe we need a couple trade threads. One called "realistic trades made in serious leagues" and "stupid idiotic trades.........example, Lafell for a 1st".
Some of us who LaFell in love ages ago, have no issue w this trade.

Actually, this week.. looked genius, didnt it? 11 targets. Eleven. That'd make him NE's WR1

averaging 7 targets a game over the last 5 weeks. I suspect that increases after yesterday

Impossible.

Some of us who LaFell in love ages ago, have no issue w this trade.

Actually, this week.. looked genius, didnt it? 11 targets. Eleven. That'd make him NE's WR1

averaging 7 targets a game over the last 5 weeks. I suspect that increases after yesterday
No issues with trading a top 4 pick for Brandon LaFell?

LaFell has had big games before but has also been maddeningly inconsistent throughout his career. There's no way you should have to pay a high first round pick for him.

He's in a good position to produce right now, but if the Pats bring in V. Jackson (as rumored) or another WR next offseason, things can change quickly.

Non-PPR league.

Gave: 2015 3rd round pick

Got: Jeremy Hill

I'm playing for the future but somehow still 2nd in the division at 4-4. My RBs pre-trade: Ellington, Mason, Hyde, Crowell, Randle, Stepfan Taylor, Charles Sims.

I need a RB to play this year and Bernard keeps getting hurt. Hoping I can use Hill as a plug and play for the rest of this year and if Murray goes down or Sims turns it around might be ok at RB.

Non-PPR league.

Gave: 2015 3rd round pick

Got: Jeremy Hill

I'm playing for the future but somehow still 2nd in the division at 4-4. My RBs pre-trade: Ellington, Mason, Hyde, Crowell, Randle, Stepfan Taylor, Charles Sims.

I need a RB to play this year and Bernard keeps getting hurt. Hoping I can use Hill as a plug and play for the rest of this year and if Murray goes down or Sims turns it around might be ok at RB.
That is straight up theft in nonPPR for Hill

Great job

You guys want Michael despite the fact that every reputable source yesterday claimed the Hawks will spend a very early pick on a RB this draft?

wow

You guys want Michael despite the fact that every reputable source yesterday claimed the Hawks will spend a very early pick on a RB this draft?

wow
Links?
heard it from a few places yesterday, here's the first I found - at work, so you can find the rest if you need it

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/526393889339756544
Yeah, I guess. The only reliable source I trust is seeing the Seahawks draft a RB high in the 2015 draft.

Neither Michael or Mason has proven to me they are the next feature back in their offenses but neither definitively isn't that guy either

wow
Links?
heard it from a few places yesterday, here's the first I found - at work, so you can find the rest if you need it

Yeah, I guess. The only reliable source I trust is seeing the Seahawks draft a RB high in the 2015 draft.

Neither Michael or Mason has proven to me they are the next feature back in their offenses but neither definitively isn't that guy either
Mason is a country mile ahead of Michael right now in terms of "who looks like the starter for their team"

wow
Links?

Mason is a country mile ahead of Michael right now in terms of "who looks like the starter for their team"
Most of that is because there is no de facto #1 RB in STL. Doesn't make him a better player just more expensive today than he likely warrants based on a better situation. Cunningham and Stacy are not the obstacles Lynch and Turbin are imo

Users who are viewing this thread