What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2018 Masters Thread** (1 Viewer)

I agree that they were not terrible shots. But honestly, after he saw the speed on the first one that rolled into the water he should have adjusted his approach to what he was trying to do. Not just hit the same shot 5 times, acting surprised that they rolled in the drink each time.
Why didn’t he just blast it past the hole?

After the third on don’t you pick a club with less spin and hit it past the hole?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just caught up after a poorly timed day...Spieth hitting his irons like a god! Incredible back nine. Not sure I’ve ever seen someone look so comfortable.

But the leaderboard is stacked. Great start. Tiger does what he does here...start slow...butchered the par 5s.

Dont recall a moment like Serg on 15...crazy seeing one of the best ball-strikers in this generation humiliated.

Just caught up after a poorly timed day...Spieth hitting his irons like a god! Incredible back nine. Not sure I’ve ever seen someone look so comfortable.

But the leaderboard is stacked. Great start. Tiger does what he does here...start slow...butchered the par 5s.

Dont recall a moment like Serg on 15...crazy seeing one of the best ball-strikers in this generation humiliated.
Sergio don't give a funk

One odd feature is for the most part the leaderboard was stacked from guys that teed off in the PM.  You could envision Tiger teeing off at 1:30 12 back fairly easily.  

One odd feature is for the most part the leaderboard was stacked from guys that teed off in the PM.  You could envision Tiger teeing off at 1:30 12 back fairly easily.  
If weather rolls in tomorrow afternoon, that late-early group had an advantage...the way it goes. They used to re-sort after Day 1 at Augusta...

If weather rolls in tomorrow afternoon, that late-early group had an advantage...the way it goes. They used to re-sort after Day 1 at Augusta...
I don't see any forecasts with a hint that a storm could hit tomorrow.

Saturday looks super dicey.  

I don't see any forecasts with a hint that a storm could hit tomorrow.

Saturday looks super dicey.  
Yea, the only weather timing impact I remember here is that year the greens were so dry and fast and the wind picked up late one day...probably not a factor.

Sergio’s first 4 shots were great shots right in about the same spot, then rolling back into the water.  He pushes the fifth shot to the far right of side of the green and his body language looks like he hit a horrible shot to the right of the green...then the backspin rolls it across the green, past the pin and in the water.   :lmao:

Tony Finau is a cyborg.  Unbelievable he's playing, let alone contending.  Big fan here.  

Spieth has a special relationship with Augusta National.  Holy moly he's good there.  

I'd really like to see Matt Kuchar to win this week.  

Tony Finau is a cyborg.  Unbelievable he's playing, let alone contending.  Big fan here.  

Spieth has a special relationship with Augusta National.  Holy moly he's good there.  

I'd really like to see Matt Kuchar to win this week.  
Same here for Kuch

His swing is odd. Its like a 3/4 backswing and he comes thru with more speed than anyone I saw. Its nuts. 

Hypothetically if Saturday is a complete wash out, do they do Sunday/Monday or double up on Sunday?

what are both feature groups?

I can't find it for some reason...
9:14 a.m. – Fred Couples, Haotong Li, Joaquin Niemann

10:31 a.m. – Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler, Matt Kuchar

1:27 p.m. – Tiger Woods, Marc Leishman, Tommy Fleetwood

2:00 p.m. – Patrick Reed, Charley Hoffman, Adam Hadwin

Johnny Rock said:
Now he gets to stick around town rather than bolt because he has to put the green jacket on the winner on Sunday. Brutal.

He’ll shoot 67 tomorrow. 
Probably just get drunk and heckle the golfers from the gallery

Hypothetically if Saturday is a complete wash out, do they do Sunday/Monday or double up on Sunday?
Probably depends on if they start at all on Saturday. Cut is Top 50 plus ties (or 10 shots of lead). Small enough group to do 36 if they really wanted.  

ETA- this is from a 2017 article

The Masters hasn't had a Monday finish since 1983, which was also the last time a complete round (Friday's second round) was wiped out due to bad weather

Sergio’s first 4 shots were great shots right in about the same spot, then rolling back into the water.  He pushes the fifth shot to the far right of side of the green and his body language looks like he hit a horrible shot to the right of the green...then the backspin rolls it across the green, past the pin and in the water.   :lmao:
Disagree that they were "great".  He never hit the required "shot".  He needs to hit it 15 feet past the pin, given the amount of spin he puts on the ball.  He never did that until his 5th attempt.

Augusta National can be cruel at times.  But Sergio should know that if you hit a wedge pin high or short of the pin there.....it's going into the water.

His swing is odd. Its like a 3/4 backswing and he comes thru with more speed than anyone I saw. Its nuts. 
Finau murders it off the tee with a fade.  I dream of hitting it like that.

Jon Rahm also has an odd looking short backswing and also murders it off tee. 

You don't need to swing long and hit it long.

Probably depends on if they start at all on Saturday. Cut is Top 50 plus ties (or 10 shots of lead). Small enough group to do 36 if they really wanted.  

ETA- this is from a 2017 article

The Masters hasn't had a Monday finish since 1983, which was also the last time a complete round (Friday's second round) was wiped out due to bad weather
Thanks. I found out a couple weeks ago that I have a wedding on Sunday late afternoon/night. Unbelievable.

Apologies to all of you but I'm rooting for a Monday finish.

Users who are viewing this thread