What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2022-2023 Post Season FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

Dear Mr.Turk,

Is it possible to limit the query to ALSO limit the results to teams that have 6 players active this weekend? Many in our KC/SF group have <<6 players active this weekend.

mixed SB 6 page is sweet! Cool to learn I’m 31st overall and still has my identical super 6 standing in brackets. A big week from Toney and CIN-PHI advance would get the blood pumping!

Yeah, boy, my BUF/PHI pick really hit earth.

I realized after the first week that CIN might beat BUF with aplomb, and they did.

There goes my entry. I had the other three, just that BUF pick will kill me next round.

Donezo with that ever so hatable result (though I doubt I would have been at the top of my cohort with the numbers that were put up as Purdy's 3.45 was...suboptimal.
At 534.25 plus whatever Hurts, Devonta, and AJ Brown get.

Good luck to those still with a chance.

Anyway here's - based on the best abilities of the Quizzomatic - the highest scoring possible lineup so far, though surely there will be replacements following the Super Bowl.

Thanks to The Turk and FBG for a fun new challenge!

RD 1
D PRESCOTTDALQB
47.65​
B PURDYSFQB
42.20​
DK METCALFSEAWR
35.60​
J ALLENBUFQB
35.60​
T LAWRENCEJAXQB
35.20​
D JONESGIANTSQB
34.85​
RD 1 TOTAL
231.10​
RD 2
T KELCEKCTE
85.60​
J HURTSPHIQB
58.20​
C LAMBDALWR
44.60​
C KIRKJAXWR
40.00​
H HURSTCINTE
38.80​
J MIXONCINRB
38.60​
RD 2 TOTAL
305.80​
GTOTAL
536.90​
RD 3
P MAHOMESKCQB
87.30​
M VALDES-SCANTLINGKCWR
70.80​
J BURROWCINQB
61.50​
T HIGGINSCINWR
60.90​
C MCCAFFREYSFRB
55.80​
M SANDERSPHIRB
51.00​
RD 3 TOTAL
387.30​
GTOTAL
924.20​

-QG

The standings are astounding....

This guy would have been a lock to win...https://footballguys.com/contests/subscribers/postseason-roster/100830

Except he some thought it would be better not to use Mahomes at all and insert Toney.

Shocked at the lack of teams near the top with six decent players in the final considering both 1 seeds made it.

This guy would have been a lock to win...https://footballguys.com/contests/subscribers/postseason-roster/100830

Except he some thought it would be better not to use Mahomes at all and insert Toney.

Shocked at the lack of teams near the top with six decent players in the final considering both 1 seeds made it.

I am not surprised - roosters that had KC and/or Philly not making the Super Bowl would be chock full of players from those 2 teams. And teams that have those two teams will have saved them for the end.

-QG

I know many of us were DOA after Div Round - but anyone in here remotely with a chance?

Be interesting to see if anyone is alive enough to be considered so we have at least some regulars to root for..

I placed 3rd in my Super 6. I picked the bracket 100% correctly.

Wildcard round
Justin Herbert - qb - LAC 20.85 x 1 = 20.85
Austin Ekeler - rb - LAC 17.30 x 1 = 17.30
Kirk Cousins - qb - MIN 31.55 x 1 = 31.55
Justin Jefferson - wr - MIN 11.60 x 1 = 11.60
Tom Brady - qb - TB 28.55 x 1 = 28.55
Mike Evans - wr - TB 13.40 x 1 = 13.40

Divisional round
Josh Allen - qb - BUF 20.85 x 2 = 41.70
Stefon Diggs - wr - BUF 7.50 x 2 = 15.00
Dak Prescott - qb - DAL 16.50 x 2 = 33.00
CeeDee Lamb - wr - DAL 22.30 x 2 = 44.60
Trevor Lawrence - qb - JAX 18.45 x 2 = 36.90
Daniel Jones - qb - NYG 8.15 x 2 = 16.30

Championship round
Joe Burrow - qb - CIN 20.50 x 3 = 61.50
Joe Mixon - rb - CIN 4.90 x 3 = 14.70
Ja'Marr Chase - wr - CIN 13.50 x 3 = 40.50
Brock Purdy - qb - SF 1.15 x 3 = 3.45
Christian McCaffrey - rb - SF 18.60 x 3 = 55.80
George Kittle - te - SF 8.10 x 3 = 24.30

Super Bowl
Patrick Mahomes - qb - KC 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
Jerick McKinnon - rb - KC 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
Travis Kelce - te - KC 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
Jalen Hurts - qb - PHI 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
A.J. Brown - wr - PHI 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
DeVonta Smith - wr - PHI 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
-------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL 511.00

I placed 3rd in my Super 6. I picked the bracket 100% correctly.

Wildcard round
Justin Herbert - qb - LAC 20.85 x 1 = 20.85
Austin Ekeler - rb - LAC 17.30 x 1 = 17.30
Kirk Cousins - qb - MIN 31.55 x 1 = 31.55
Justin Jefferson - wr - MIN 11.60 x 1 = 11.60
Tom Brady - qb - TB 28.55 x 1 = 28.55
Mike Evans - wr - TB 13.40 x 1 = 13.40

Divisional round
Josh Allen - qb - BUF 20.85 x 2 = 41.70
Stefon Diggs - wr - BUF 7.50 x 2 = 15.00
Dak Prescott - qb - DAL 16.50 x 2 = 33.00
CeeDee Lamb - wr - DAL 22.30 x 2 = 44.60
Trevor Lawrence - qb - JAX 18.45 x 2 = 36.90
Daniel Jones - qb - NYG 8.15 x 2 = 16.30

Championship round
Joe Burrow - qb - CIN 20.50 x 3 = 61.50
Joe Mixon - rb - CIN 4.90 x 3 = 14.70
Ja'Marr Chase - wr - CIN 13.50 x 3 = 40.50
Brock Purdy - qb - SF 1.15 x 3 = 3.45
Christian McCaffrey - rb - SF 18.60 x 3 = 55.80
George Kittle - te - SF 8.10 x 3 = 24.30

Super Bowl
Patrick Mahomes - qb - KC 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
Jerick McKinnon - rb - KC 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
Travis Kelce - te - KC 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
Jalen Hurts - qb - PHI 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
A.J. Brown - wr - PHI 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
DeVonta Smith - wr - PHI 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
-------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL 511.00
Congrats. You could easily place.

Can you link The top team in your bracket

I am not surprised - roosters that had KC and/or Philly not making the Super Bowl would be chock full of players from those 2 teams. And teams that have those two teams will have saved them for the end.

-QG
What I meant was the teams that had the correct two finalists Currently towards the top of the standings, don’t have the best players queued up for the Super Bowl

-QG
What is apparent to me is that with so many of the leaders having only 2-3 players left for the Super Bowl, this constest is still wide open. Only 2 teams in the top 200 still have 6 players left in the Super Bowl. I think it's going to be an interesting finish. Someone with only 3 players left (and with a decent lead), might be able to hang on and win. Or someone with 5 or 6 remaining players may score enough to rise to the top, depending on the outcome of the game.

Note that 9 of the top 12, 18 of the top 27, 27 of the top 40, and 56 of the top 100 teams have ZERO players left for the Super Bowl.

Only 6 teams out of the top 300 in the standings have 6 players left for the Super Bowl.

Call me crazy, but I still like this format much better than the previous one.

Last edited:

-QG
What is apparent to me is that with so many of the leaders having only 2-3 players left for the Super Bowl, this constest is still wide open. Only 2 teams in the top 200 still have 6 players left in the Super Bowl. I think it's going to be an interesting finish. Someone with only 3 players left (and with a decent lead), might be able to hang on and win. Or someone with 5 or 6 remaining players may score enough to rise to the top, depending on the outcome of the game.

Note that 9 of the top 12, 18 of the top 27, 27 of the top 40, and 56 of the top 100 teams have ZERO players left for the Super Bowl.

Only 6 teams out of the top 300 in the standings have 6 players left for the Super Bowl.

Call me crazy, but I still like this format much better than the previous one.
I think that 5x points will pull some teams close. It could be a low scoring game but likely not. If the three extra players average 20 points each that closes a 300 point gap. I think it’s highly likely the winning team has the Super Bowl winning qb roostered

This thing is tough. I basically mapped out the playoffs and then did my team based on that and I actually correctly predicted the winning team in all but one game, where I had Vikings over Giants. Will end up 22/24 players putting up points with just Cousins and Jefferson from the divisional round not contributing. And at absolute best I can finish 4th.

The Purdy injury hurt and was a double whammy since I had Kittle but I don't think I'll ever come that close to correctly mapping out the playoffs again and still won't do me any good.

And the 5x points is huge. I think teams with 6 players can make huge comebacks. I'm in 1,374th place and I think I have a viable shot to pass the team currently in first which has 3(or maybe 2 depending on JuJu) players left.

Put another way if Jalen Hurts hit his season average just him alone would take me from 1,374th place to like 21st.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to implement survivor style into this format? Either way I had fun at least till the Bengals bungled my hopes.

I want to say this contest is 1000 times better than the old post season contest. I think adding the pts for all 4 rounds is the way to go and not putting all the eggs into the basket of getting super bowl teams correct and just having those players being the be all end all.

I am thinking it be nice to add more players and maybe have some positional slots to make it more interesting.

Be nice in the early rounds to say have 12 players with a max of 3 QBs, 3 RBs, 3 WRs, 3 TEs, 3 Ks, 3 DFs but also a minimum of 1 of each.

Do the first 2 rounds like that since you have so many teams playing.

Then 3rd and 4th rounds you pick 6 players with no positional limits.

Just a thought

Anyway I messed up my first round I didn't take all 6 QBs but with QBs getting 6 per TD pass it makes 1st round boring everyone should be taking 6 QBs

I guess you could gamble and try more QBs in 2nd round and hope some win the 1st game.

also really like how the scoring page has all the players everyone has for each round when you hoover over it that is really awesome and my favorite part of the contest.

This thing is tough. I basically mapped out the playoffs and then did my team based on that and I actually correctly predicted the winning team in all but one game, where I had Vikings over Giants. Will end up 22/24 players putting up points with just Cousins and Jefferson from the divisional round not contributing. And at absolute best I can finish 4th.

The Purdy injury hurt and was a double whammy since I had Kittle but I don't think I'll ever come that close to correctly mapping out the playoffs again and still won't do me any good.

And the 5x points is huge. I think teams with 6 players can make huge comebacks. I'm in 1,374th place and I think I have a viable shot to pass the team currently in first which has 3(or maybe 2 depending on JuJu) players left.

Put another way if Jalen Hurts hit his season average just him alone would take me from 1,374th place to like 21st.
I also had 22/24 players. 6 in round 1, 6 in round 2, 4 in round 3 and I have all 6 left (I went all Philly to be safe) problem is best I can finish is 5th place (10 people did what I did in the SB with same exact 6 Philly players and I am in 5th of those 10)

I messed up round 1 I Didn't have Dak.

I like this contest but would like to see positions added in the first 2 rounds and more players (12) to make it more interesting.

Not sure we can go many more players in rounds 3 or 4 though with such few teams left but early 2 rounds we could.

I also had 22/24 players. 6 in round 1, 6 in round 2, 4 in round 3 and I have all 6 left (I went all Philly to be safe) problem is best I can finish is 5th place (10 people did what I did in the SB with same exact 6 Philly players and I am in 5th of those 10)

I messed up round 1 I Didn't have Dak.

I like this contest but would like to see positions added in the first 2 rounds and more players (12) to make it more interesting.

Not sure we can go many more players in rounds 3 or 4 though with such few teams left but early 2 rounds we could.

I think using the same format as this year, but with more players, and decreasing the number of players in each successive round to something like 12, 10, 8, and 6 might be interesting. We would have more players at the start and be down to 6 for the Super Bowl. There would have to be a limit on QBs in the first round, otherwise most folks would just slot in 12 QBs. Allowing a maximum of 8 in the first round would be interesting, as then we would have to predict which 8 of the 14 would put up the most points. I would not put limits on any other position, otherwise you would likely have lots of identical entries.

I personally don't think trying to incorporate some kind of survival style would work very well in this type of contest. It was plenty interesting this year without a survivor style feature. And as we have already seen, the contest is still wide open, contrary to what some people thought would be the case at the start.

Kudos to @Contest Turk for coming up with a great post season contest this year. I've always enjoyed the regular season Subscriber contest, but have never been a fan of the previous format post-season contest.

I think ultimately everything boils down to the last 6 players and the fact that there is about 20 guys to choose from on the two Super Bowl teams. When it comes down to this particular weekend the die is cast for most teams and that is always going to be the case . I suppose having "bigger" roosters in the earlier rounds makes the prospect of winning without any Super Bowl players more possible but ultimately the universe of possible winning roosters would realistically be in the low-mid double digits.

I think that this format actually opens up the number of possible winners more than the old contest. Less is more as it gives more degrees of freedom in the outcome.

Possible winners will generally be hidden a bit in the standings as the best guys will have been saved but I think that is kinda cool. I do think somehow having live scoring during the Super Bowl would add some excitement - it is beyond me how easy or difficult that is to achieve.

-QG

No chance here with KC beating Cinci. Toney and Purdy tanked falling short in my Super 6. Felt great going into the weekend before Toney TD was reversed followed immediately by injury…. Sigh. Sitting at 560 and three guys from Philly

Still looking for someone to cheer for from the bored. Jon for 3rd is our only hope?

@Contest Turk sending my thanks and appreciation for running these contests. Came here for the content and stayed because of the contests. And the people aren’t so bad either haha

I was going through the standings and I couldn't believe 1 of the ones I was looking at. They are 205th place and have 6 players left. Hurts, Sanders, AJB, Kelce, Pacheco and Toney.

The crazy thing is this entry never played Mahomes at all. How do you put Toney and Pacheco on the team and not Mahomes for the SB while never playing Mahomes any other week.

This entry might have cost themselves the winner.

I was going through the standings and I couldn't believe 1 of the ones I was looking at. They are 205th place and have 6 players left. Hurts, Sanders, AJB, Kelce, Pacheco and Toney.

The crazy thing is this entry never played Mahomes at all. How do you put Toney and Pacheco on the team and not Mahomes for the SB while never playing Mahomes any other week.

:shakes head:

Maybe this dude is playing 4D chess while we’re playing checkers ;)

Still could have used him last week for a huge number. Just plain stupidity.

Still could have used him last week for a huge number. Just plain stupidity.

I know that I have to check my entries in these competitions at least twice after submission because I change them so much. Perhaps it was just an oversight and not stupidity at all. Or he didn't understand the rules.

This entry picked the correct SB teams and had 6 players going. He got points from all 18 of his previous players thru the first 3 weeks, and still managed to be outscored by over 300 entries that had no SB players!

This entry picked the correct SB teams and had 6 players going. He got points from all 18 of his previous players thru the first 3 weeks, and still managed to be outscored by over 300 entries that had no SB players!

TDs, PKs, backup WRs, only 3 QBs overall, picked PHI/KC but played Mahomes/Hurts in round 2 - might be the "worst highest" team.

Great game last night!

I was hoping for an interesting, entertaining, competitive, non-blowout game, and that's exactly what we got.
Some argue that the holding call on Bradberry was incorrect, but I didn't think so.
Bradberry admitted after the game the held the jersey and hoped they would let it slide.

It was a fun year and also a fun post-season contest.
I've missed chatting with everyone here like we did during the season, as that seemed to end once the post season contest got underway.

I hope everyone is enjoying a healthy and happy new year.

I'll see you guys again when spring training and the NFL the draft roll around...

🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉

Great game last night!

I was hoping for an interesting, entertaining, competitive, non-blowout game, and that's exactly what we got.
Some argue that the holding call on Bradberry was incorrect, but I didn't think so.
Bradberry admitted after the game the held the jersey and hoped they would let it slide.

I've missed chatting with everyone here like we did during the season, as that seemed to end once the post season contest got underway.

I'll see you guys again when spring training and the NFL the draft roll around...

🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉

I don't think the new format helped with increased interest. Maybe to many of the regulars zigged when the 1/1 seeds was the money play and were eliminated. The previous contest cuts generated a lot of discussion. In this format many teams were dormie after week one with the Super Bowl 6 locked in.

What was surprising and should give us hope for next year is that the teams that took home money had some serious flaws. This was more about team pronositcation and less about individual player performance than I expected.

Great game last night!

🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉

I don't think the new format helped with increased interest. Maybe to many of the regulars zigged when the 1/1 seeds was the money play and were eliminated. The previous contest cuts generated a lot of discussion. In this format many teams were dormie after week one with the Super Bowl 6 locked in.

What was surprising and should give us hope for next year is that the teams that took home money had some serious flaws. This was more about team pronositcation and less about individual player performance than I expected.

Your displeasure with the new format is well documented. But I think I've heard more positive comments on the post-season contest than negative ones.

Winning this contest was just like any other, in that it involves a careful scrutiny of the specifics of the rules, and then the careful application of a strategy that one feels gives them the best chance to be successful.

The statement that the winning entries had serious flaws seems illogical to me. If "serious flaws" resulted in winning a prize, then perhaps they were not serious flaws. I might re-state that comment to say that the winning entry had fewer flaws than the rest of the entries did.

A simple reading of the rules makes it obvious that the most important element required to score the most points is having active and productive players still avilable and earning points in the weeks with the highest multiplers. That, in turn, requires accurately predicting which teams will win their games in each round. So whomever won the costest obviously did a better job at that than you and I did. If you are saying in hindsight that the winner might have done even better, then I agree with you. That will always be true because it's probably impossible to guess which teams will win every game, and also guess exactly which players will score the most in each game.

It will be interesting to see what unfolds for next season. That time can't come soon enough.
In the meaintime, at least we have hockey.:-)

Last edited:
Great game last night!

🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉

Your displeasure with the new format is well documented. But I think I've heard more positive comments on the post-season contest than negative ones.

Winning this contest was just like any other, in that it involves a careful scrutiny of the specifics of the rules, and then the careful application of a strategy that one feels gives them the best chance to be successful.

The statement that the winning entries had serious flaws seems illogical to me. If "serious flaws" resulted in winning a prize, then perhaps they were not serious flaws. I might re-state that comment to say that the winning entry had fewer flaws than the rest of the entries did.

A simple reading of the rules makes it obvious that the most important element required to score the most points is having active and productive players still avilable and earning points in the weeks with the highest multiplers. That, in turn, requires accurately predicting which teams will win their games in each round. So whomever won the costest obviously did a better job at that than you and I did. If you are saying in hindsight that the winner might have done even better, then I agree with you. That will always be true because it's probably impossible to guess which teams will win every game, and also guess exactly which players will score the most in each game.

It will be interesting to see what unfolds for next season. That time can't come soon enough.
At least we have hockey.:-)
What I saying is that I was very surprised in a year where two number one seeds advanced there were any majors whiffs in the top finishing lineups. I would have expected that in a Dallas/Cinny final where there were fewer Super Bowl 6s competing.

Normally in contest like this it's EV+ to move off the favorites. I'm not sure if that's the case based on how things played out. One side of me says be different after seeing the SB6 teams absolutely swamp the final standings after virtually none of those teams being towards the top of the standings before the Super Bowl. The other side says play the favorites and just be conservative in the beginning and you'll have a shot at some coin.

Reactions: ZWK
Great game last night!

🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉

At least we have hockey.:-)
What I saying is that I was very surprised in a year where two number one seeds advanced there were any majors whiffs in the top finishing lineups. I would have expected that in a Dallas/Cinny final where there were fewer Super Bowl 6s competing.

Normally in contest like this it's EV+ to move off the favorites. I'm not sure if that's the case based on how things played out. One side of me says be different after seeing the SB6 teams absolutely swamp the final standings after virtually none of those teams being towards the top of the standings before the Super Bowl. The other side says play the favorites and just be conservative in the beginning and you'll have a shot at some coin.
Yeah, with so many favorites advancing I thought that winning the contest would require nailing your picks better. But the winning team had two zeros, one in the divisional round on a team that lost the WC (Justin Jefferson) and one in the Super Bowl who played but was held scoreless (PHI D). And they didn't do anything special with their other 5 Super Bowl players - I expect they were the 5 most highly rostered players who played (Mahomes, Hurts, Kelce, AJ Brown, Devonta Smith). The rest of the top finishers had similar issues.

In my entry I had DAL making the Super Bowl (vs KC) and CIN making the conference championships to set my entry apart, and tried to play it safe other than that. I skipped games where I could (didn't pick a winner for JAX-LAC or MIN-NYG, didn't pick an NFC conference championship opponent for DAL), and just stuck to the obvious high-scoring players. I figured that, with so few people picking a DAL-KC Super Bowl with CIN in the conference championship, I didn't need to take more risks by picking more games or going with more distinctive players. If I got those 3 teams right then I had a great chance of winning.

If I'd gone with a more typical bracket, like a KC-PHI Super Bowl, then I would've tried to take more risks in other ways to set myself apart, because the ultra-safe strategy isn't a good way to come in first against a big pile of similar entries. But it turns out that if someone had used a variation of my entry which just swapped PHI players with DAL players (Prescott<->Hurts, Lamb<->Brown, Pollard<->Devonta, Zeke<->Sanders, Schultz<->Goedert)... that entry would've been first place, by 93 points, with a score of 1380.

If the contest has a similar setup next year, I'll have to reconsider my strategy. Some of this was just randomness (e.g. Purdy having a bad game in the conference championship), but I'm not sure if I'd have a better chance to win it if I just stuck with favorites.

Paint by numbers is a good analogy for how to set a lineup in this contest barring taking a shot at Seattle or Jax getting to the Super Bowl. Would have been more interesting if the outcomes weren’t so close to chalk.

Users who are viewing this thread