What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (8 Viewers)

I'm not surprised to see more Republicans wanting trump gone.  I used to be one, they're not all bad.  I'd like to see some data on what their reasons are.  Lack of morals, not fiscally conservative, election corruption, un-kept campaign promises???   

So these all are going to be public hearings?
I doubt it - whistleblower and IG are probably closed.  First order of business is to see who will talk voluntarily - and then you depose them behind closed doors, before you bring them back for public hearings.  i.e. make sure you know what they are going to say before you put them on display.

Support for Trump impeachment rises 12 points in new poll.

A new Hill-HarrisX survey on Friday found support for impeachment proceedings against President Trump has risen 12 points compared to a similar poll conducted three months ago.

The survey was conducted on Sept. 26-27, just days after House Democrats started a formal impeachment inquiry over a whistleblower complaint involving Trump's communications with Ukraine.

The poll showed 47 percent of respondents support that decision, up 12 points from a similar survey in June, which asked whether Democrats should begin impeachment proceedings.

Meanwhile, opposition to impeachment dipped 3 points to 42 percent, while 11 percent of those polled in the new survey said they weren't sure or didn't know. 

Support for impeachment grew among Democratic, Republican and independent voters alike. Democratic support jumped from 59 percent to 78 percent, a 19-point increase. The number of Republicans backing impeachment jumped 5 points to 18 percent.

The number of independents who back impeachment doubled to 41 percent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/hilltv/rising/463408-support-for-impeachment-rises-12-points-in-new-poll%3famp
Paging @Mr Anonymous

>>He cites his recent book, Ball of Collusion: The Plot to Rig an Election and Destroy a Presidency, recently excerpted on Fox News, which reports that Obama administration officials urged Ukrainian prosecutors to investigate Manafort — which amounted to “effectively meddling in the American presidential election.”<<

- That is the essence of this, right? I’ve been thinking about this myself lately.

This is linked within and it’s an excerpt from McCarthy’s book.

>>In 2014, NABU alerted the bureau to a ledger said to have belonged to Yanukovych.....<<

That’s way different than the POTUS pressuring Ukraine to create dirt on a political opponent personally, don’t you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither you nor Breitbart nor McCarthy are getting the significant differences between what the Obama officials did and what Trump did. There are basically 4: first, it was not done for Obama's personal gain, second, there was no threat of stopping funds, third, this was done at a low but formal level and not by President Obama and his private attorney , and forth , as evidence has shown, Manafort really was a criminal, engaged in corrupt activities, whereas the Hunter Biden story is nothing but right wing conspiracy crap with no evidence and no purpose other than to slime Joe Biden.

So in other words, the "flashback" you cite is missing everything that makes Trump's phone call both reprehensible and an impeachable offense. But other than that, exactly the same.

47%, up 12 points...uhh, that's it? At the height of the story? Dems are excited about that?

Those aren't impeachment numbers my dude. 🙄
12 points in 2 days is a lot. By the middle of next week it will be a lot higher.

On the other hand, shall I post what you predicted? I believe you wrote that the backlash against this impeachment would be huge, that it would lead to Democrats getting tossed out of the House in a big way, that the vast majority of Americans were firmly against impeachment and would stay that way, that this would be a total disaster for Pelosi.

I didn't figure I'd be able to refute you until next week. The fact that the numbers have already moved this quickly is extremely telling.

Mr Anonymous said:
The whistle blower report is out and it's looking more and more like the Steele Dossier by the minute.
Here. Only one example. I could post many of them but there's no point really. You need to accept the new reality.

People will be on to some other story next week. If you guys haven't picked up on how short attention spans are these days, then I don't know what to tell you. There's nothing attention grabbing about paraphrasing Trumps words into something Dems want them to say.

Well...he did want to skip inquiry and go straight to a vote. 
Again no such legal term and they've been in "inquiry" mode for weeks. Like I said, Pelosi's announcement was window dressing. If they had something they would've voted long ago. They started talking impeachment in 2017.

Do enjoy showing yourself to be a "know nothing'?

People will be on to some other story next week. If you guys haven't picked up on how short attention spans are these days, then I don't know what to tell you. There's nothing attention grabbing about paraphrasing Trumps words into something Dems want them to say.
Did you miss the subpoenas and the word impeachment?

Here. Only one example. I could post many of them but there's no point really. You need to accept the new reality.
I'll remember this when you lament one day how much of a mistake it was to impeach. Nothing has changed from when you used to comment that it was a bad idea.

If people were just going to move on to other things, then why would it have been so devastating to Democrats in the first place?

I'm not surprised to see more Republicans wanting trump gone.  I used to be one, they're not all bad.  I'd like to see some data on what their reasons are.  Lack of morals, not fiscally conservative, election corruption, un-kept campaign promises???   
Yes

I'm the exact type of person Dems need to be on the impeach side. When someone like me is saying, "yep let's do this", then you'll know that it will be the right call and he'll be gone.

THIS isn't it.

See this is why the folks who think this will end up helping Trump, will create a backlash that will lose Democrats the House, really have no idea what they're talking about. They're thinking this is the Russia scandal. Its completely different.
Nope, this will crush the Dems

Did they know they hadn't received it yet?

Did they know they were talking to the guy who:
1. could prevent them from getting it;
2. claims to be great friends with one of their biggest enemies;
3. unilaterally pulled his country out of the Paris Accord agreement;
4. unilaterally pulled his country out of the Iran agreement;
5. unilaterally torpedoed his country's participation in TPP;
6. unilaterally decided he could budget money to building a wall even if Congress wouldn't approve it; and
7. has a history over his entire life of reneging on agreements and not giving people the money promised to them?

Did they know that 2 +2 = 4 (even if the guy they were talking to can't make that calculation)?
Had they been lobbied for months by Trump's personal lawyer/representative?  Did some Ukranian officials think that an agreement to discuss the Biden investigation was a prerequisite to even get the call with Trump?  Hint:  The answer to both is yes.

Again no such legal term and they've been in "inquiry" mode for weeks. Like I said, Pelosi's announcement was window dressing. If they had something they would've voted long ago. They started talking impeachment in 2017.

Do enjoy showing yourself to be a "know nothing'?
Ive posted the articles and links showing the process.  Multiple people corrected you about straight up voting and the inquiry/investigation part of the process.  Calling someone “know nothing” who has thoroughly schooled you on the topic is humorous.

OMG 

Fox News host Ed Henry just asked Senator Garamendi, because he stated Trump should be under a 72 hour psychological surveillance after Trump looked to the sky and claimed to be the Chosen One, how he could possibly get a fair vote to impeach or not. 

I.... 

I mean...... :lmao:

Why would the dems need to convince you?
The Dems are losing sight of the American people and what they want, that's why.  They would much rather Congress accomplish something than waste their time with Trump.  Currently, they've accomplished NOTHING!!!

With the new news about Trump using the 'secret server' - convos with the Saudi Prince MBS & Putin - this feels like Mark Felt. Dude's being hammered by the IC, and it's not gonna stop.

Thing is if Trump/Mulvaney/whoever used this server for [STUFF WE WANT TO KEEP SECRET] it makes it real easy just to look on that server for anything that doesn't belong there.

Users who are viewing this thread