What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (4 Viewers)

The Dems are losing sight of the American people and what they want, that's why.  They would much rather Congress accomplish something than waste their time with Trump.  Currently, they've accomplished NOTHING!!!
The American people don't want Trump as president.  That was shown in 2016 when more people voted for Clinton than Trump, and why Trump routinely has bigly negative approval ratings...

The Dems are losing sight of the American people and what they want, that's why.  They would much rather Congress accomplish something than waste their time with Trump.  Currently, they've accomplished NOTHING!!!
They really aren't losing that sight.  Your grasp of what the people think is a bit off IMO.

And the people still know that Congress has a roll to play...and of they were so into them accomplishing something they would all be calling for McConnells removal as the Senate Majority leader as bill after bill after bill is sitting and waiting on him to bring them to tje senate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you aware that 11 GOP Senators just crossed the aisle to shut down Trump's national emergency? That's a bipartisan vote. How do you think Trump will react?

Democrats in Congress are getting things done. Trump and Republicans are just ignoring them.

House Democrats are passing bills at a rapid pace, while Trump complains they’re “getting nothing done.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2019/5/24/18637163/trump-pelosi-democrats-bills-congres

https://www.majorityleader.gov/content/100-days-fighting-people

If the Democrats are serious about this they need to grow a pair and fight as vicious as possible.   The reason why people Corey whomp whomp was so smug and arrogant in his testimony was because he figured that the Democrats would just talk a game and not do anything.   Or if they do anything it will be in the gentleman way like this is 2012 or some ####.   
If you're going to behave like your oppressor, you may as well stay with the guy you have. He has a lot more experience.

Pompeo has aspirations to be a United States senator or governor of Kansas. 

Is he willing to have a contempt or obstruction or perjury charge on his resume in order to save Trump? 

Democrats in Congress are getting things done. Trump and Republicans are just ignoring them.

House Democrats are passing bills at a rapid pace, while Trump complains they’re “getting nothing done.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2019/5/24/18637163/trump-pelosi-democrats-bills-congress
Not that I'm a guy who understands all of what it takes to pass something, but here are the only vetos Trump has issued.  It seems to me Congress is the culprit.

President Donald Trump has issued the following vetoes:[1]

July 24, 2019: S.J.Res.38 - A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval of the proposed export to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland of certain defense articles and services.[2]

July 24, 2019: S.J.Res.37 - A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval of the proposed export to the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and the Republic of France of certain defense articles and services.[3]

July 24, 2019: S.J.Res.36 - A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval of the proposed transfer to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Kingdom of Spain, and the Italian Republic of certain defense articles and services.[4]

April 16, 2019: S.J.Res.7 - A joint resolution to direct the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress.[5]

March 15, 2019: H.J.Res.46 - Relating to a national emergency declared by the President on February 15, 2019[6]

Pompeo has aspirations to be a United States senator or governor of Kansas. 

Is he willing to have a contempt or obstruction or perjury charge on his resume in order to save Trump? 
I think that ship might have just left port - it looks like he will be tied to this scandal whether he wants to or not.

Not that I'm a guy who understands all of what it takes to pass something, but here are the only vetos Trump has issued.  It seems to me Congress is the culprit.

July 24, 2019: S.J.Res.38 - A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval of the proposed export to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland of certain defense articles and services.[2]

July 24, 2019: S.J.Res.37 - A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval of the proposed export to the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and the Republic of France of certain defense articles and services.[3]

July 24, 2019: S.J.Res.36 - A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval of the proposed transfer to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Kingdom of Spain, and the Italian Republic of certain defense articles and services.[4]

April 16, 2019: S.J.Res.7 - A joint resolution to direct the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress.[5]

March 15, 2019: H.J.Res.46 - Relating to a national emergency declared by the President on February 15, 2019[6]
Mitch McConnell is the culprit and doing it at the urging of Trump.

I would guess that the US House of Representatives have been plenty busy, and passed a ton of stuff.  The republican controlled senate has refused to act.  So trump hasn't needed to veto.

I would guess that the US House of Representatives have been plenty busy, and passed a ton of stuff.  The republican controlled senate has refused to act.  So trump hasn't needed to veto.
This.  McConnell refuses to even bring anything up for debate.

So Volker either pleads the 5th or spills the beans next Friday, right?  Losing the any chance of the executive privilege (if he wanted it) seems stupid.  

So Volker either pleads the 5th or spills the beans next Friday, right?  Losing the any chance of the executive privilege (if he wanted it) seems stupid.  
Executive privilege still exists.  I'll wait to see how the White House asserts it - but the privilege is not lost because the person leaves government

(Hell this administration has applied the privilege to people who were not even in the government...)

Whistleblower strikes again - White House sources confirm calls with Putin and MBS also stored on the code-word sensitive server.

But some expert on Fox News said every single conversation goes into that device? 

Executive privilege still exists.  I'll wait to see how the White House asserts it - but the privilege is not lost because the person leaves government

(Hell this administration has applied the privilege to people who were not even in the government...)
It will be much more difficult for the White House to exert executive privilege now, or pull any other of the stalling tactics they’ve had so much success with in the Mueller investigation. That’s because the public is watching now. They are paying attention. Any stalling move makes Trump look guilty. Any stalling move makes it much more difficult for Republican politicians to defend him. That’s why some of us keep pointing out this is totally different. 

This is correct....lots of legislation sitting on McConnell's desk that he won't bring up, so you can be even more specific and say it seems the Senate is the culprit.  I lost count at a dozen plus meaningful bills he refuses to bring to the floor.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Trump supporters who stand behind the, no matter what.

When the President says the whistleblower is not loyal and the complaint is untrustworthy hearsay - you say:"HEARSAY!!!"

When the next day the President and White House confirm that the Whistleblower is actually accurate - you say: "HEARSAY!!!"

Its a confusing world.  But I admire your blind loyalty.

The first part is fascinating considering you don’t believe in polls so how do you know what 320+million people want?  And again the second half of your statement, while true, is absolutely nothing new or unique to Trumps term.  

Whistleblower strikes again - White House sources confirm calls with Putin and MBS also stored on the code-word sensitive server.

But some expert on Fox News said every single conversation goes into that device? 
That is categorically false in every way possible.  First its not "a device".  It's an entire network of servers accessible by only a select group of people with no "connections" anywhere outside that network.  It's 100% closed circuit and things have to be put on there MANUALLY.  And when you do, the actions are recorded for audit purposes.

It will be much more difficult for the White House to exert executive privilege now, or pull any other of the stalling tactics they’ve had so much success with in the Mueller investigation. That’s because the public is watching now. They are paying attention. Any stalling move makes Trump look guilty. Any stalling move makes it much more difficult for Republican politicians to defend him. That’s why some of us keep pointing out this is totally different. 
Not only has Trump painted himself into a corner here - I think he has forced out any number of good people who could have helped avoid this mess, and/or could help him navigate the minefield now.

Because you are right - when the White House fights subpoenas, and claims executive privilege - the public will automatically assume he is covering something up.  So, its like Chinese handcuffs, the more Trump fights this, the tougher it will be on him.

Speaking of Chinese - I expect that new deal wrapped up by christmas.  Chinese will take Trump behind the woodshed, but he will claim the best deal ever.  Maybe even the rare perfect deal.

That is categorically false in every way possible.  First its not "a device".  It's an entire network of servers accessible by only a select group of people with no "connections" anywhere outside that network.  It's 100% closed circuit and things have to be put on there MANUALLY.  And when you do, the actions are recorded for audit purposes.
Thanks. To be fair "device" was my description as I wasn't quite sure of the method but had the Enigma in my minds eye. 

Thanks. To be fair "device" was my description as I wasn't quite sure of the method but had the Enigma in my minds eye. 
I've brought it up a couple times in these threads, but the conversations that our government was having on and the days after 9/11 didn't even make it to that environment.  We're talking about millions of dollars of infrastructure that less than 200 people have access to (200 is an estimate on my part).  

I've brought it up a couple times in these threads, but the conversations that our government was having on and the days after 9/11 didn't even make it to that environment.  We're talking about millions of dollars of infrastructure that less than 200 people have access to (200 is an estimate on my part).  
:bag:   Sorry GB.  I thought I read that here but wasn't positive. 

lol at Trump claiming that he was "concerned about corruption" when he has toadied up to the head of the Russian mob for four years.
Lets assume this was true - just for the moment.

Trump is so concerned about corruption in Ukraine - he wants an American to be investigated for something that might have happened 5 years ago.

Trump is so concerned about corruption - he wanted European countries to contribute more - to a presumably corrupt government.

How poetic that putting things on a server might be a big thing in all of this.

Users who are viewing this thread