What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Seahawks 'Wheels Coming Off the Bus' thread (1 Viewer)

Take away the PEDs and all you've got is Russell Wilson, who is one of the best QBs in the game right now, but it's not enough to make another deep run.
This is how Peyton Manning's career went the first 10 years! Great QB, playoff flameout.
I really haven't seen much yet to suggest Wilson will be any kind of playoff underachiever. Granted, he didn't really need to show up for the SB, so there's still data to be mined, but he certainly didn't melt down on the biggest stage, either. :shrug: I think Russ is a good reason for optimism, moving ahead, and I think they will (and should) lock him up long-term. But I'm not sure the surrounding roster is going to be (in combination) healthy and talented enough to get it done this year. That defense has real issues right now, and if they can't scratch up a pass rush from somewhere, those problems aren't going away.
I'll take incoherent non sequiturs for $1000.
I take Paypal. :shrug:

Seems a steep price to charge for lack of comprehension, though.

Take away the PEDs and all you've got is Russell Wilson, who is one of the best QBs in the game right now, but it's not enough to make another deep run.
This is how Peyton Manning's career went the first 10 years! Great QB, playoff flameout.
I really haven't seen much yet to suggest Wilson will be any kind of playoff underachiever. Granted, he didn't really need to show up for the SB, so there's still data to be mined, but he certainly didn't melt down on the biggest stage, either. :shrug: I think Russ is a good reason for optimism, moving ahead, and I think they will (and should) lock him up long-term. But I'm not sure the surrounding roster is going to be (in combination) healthy and talented enough to get it done this year. That defense has real issues right now, and if they can't scratch up a pass rush from somewhere, those problems aren't going away.
I'll take incoherent non sequiturs for $1000.
I take Paypal. :shrug: Seems a steep price to charge for lack of comprehension, though.
Yours wasn't what I was alluding to, though if you understand Russ there might be cause for some concern.ETA: lest you miscomprehend, Russ != Seattle's QB

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the Scientist?

(or has that been discussed already)

I figure he can give the inside scoop.
I typically watch the games with friends so I don't post much on Sundays. Mental mistakes lost that games. The rams always play the hawks really tough so the loss was not all that shocking. They are 3-3 and have a ton of injuries they are dealing with. They are the most talented team in the NFL when healthy, and you really don't want to peak early so Im not all that concerned. They just need to finished 11-5 or 10-6 and I think they make the playoffs/win the division. Im not to concerned about Arizona. Im much more relaxed about it then some seahawk fans.
This is pretty much it. I was not surprised that they lost, it's the way that it was lost that shocked me. Seattle's O-line is in shambles, starting LB, TE, FB are out, the backups are injured, and Seattle is playing there 5th string CB. All of those players will be healthy for the games that matter. Divisions are won in Nov/Dec...not early October.

I see Seattle going 3-1 in the next 4 games. This team will be fine. The great news, Seattle played better with Harvin gone.

ETA: Pass rush is horrible.
They should win their next three, CAR is atrocious right now, OAK is OAK and the NYG are a mess. Then it gets tough. They've put themselves in a position where if they don't win out they are probably going to have to go on the road for a game or two to get back to the Superbowl and let's face it, they aren't the same team on the road as they are at home.

I really haven't seen much yet to suggest Wilson will be any kind of playoff underachiever. Granted, he didn't really need to show up for the SB, so there's still data to be mined, but he certainly didn't melt down on the biggest stage, either. :shrug:

I think Russ is a good reason for optimism, moving ahead, and I think they will (and should) lock him up long-term. But I'm not sure the surrounding roster is going to be (in combination) healthy and talented enough to get it done this year. That defense has real issues right now, and if they can't scratch up a pass rush from somewhere, those problems aren't going away.
I tend to agree. It's a small sample size, so we shall see. The future certainly looks bright.

Seattle will right the ship very soon, but they have a lot to fix. They looked great in the opener against Green Bay, but have looked nothing like that since, not even in their other two wins. They looked sloppy against Washington and had a ton of penalties, and they had the 4th quarter breakdown against the Broncos (before winning in OT). Them at their best is still the scariest thing in the league, but Carroll has a lot of work to do to get them back to that point.

Snotbubbles said:
seahawk 17 said:
ImTheScientist said:
King of the Jungle said:
Where is the Scientist?

I typically watch the games with friends so I don't post much on Sundays. Mental mistakes lost that games. The rams always play the hawks really tough so the loss was not all that shocking. They are 3-3 and have a ton of injuries they are dealing with. They are the most talented team in the NFL when healthy, and you really don't want to peak early so Im not all that concerned. They just need to finished 11-5 or 10-6 and I think they make the playoffs/win the division. Im not to concerned about Arizona. Im much more relaxed about it then some seahawk fans.
This is pretty much it. I was not surprised that they lost, it's the way that it was lost that shocked me. Seattle's O-line is in shambles, starting LB, TE, FB are out, the backups are injured, and Seattle is playing there 5th string CB. All of those players will be healthy for the games that matter. Divisions are won in Nov/Dec...not early October.

I see Seattle going 3-1 in the next 4 games. This team will be fine. The great news, Seattle played better with Harvin gone.

ETA: Pass rush is horrible.
They should win their next three, CAR is atrocious right now, OAK is OAK and the NYG are a mess. Then it gets tough. They've put themselves in a position where if they don't win out they are probably going to have to go on the road for a game or two to get back to the Superbowl and let's face it, they aren't the same team on the road as they are at home.
Weren't they supposed to win against St.Louis?

Faust said:
I guess Baldwin didn't get the memo about how embarrassing weak excuses are. Maybe they should have explained it to the Rams staff ahead of kickoff so they could tell their players to take it easy on Seattle. You know, because they were sad and all about losing Percy's lack of production, insubordination, and occasional knuckle sandwiches.

My heart bleeds for Lynch too... he must have been plowing through bags of Skittles over the weekend. Probably what bogged him down on Sunday.

Anarchy99 said:
Wilson and the Seahawks have a 10-9 record on the road since he took over as starter (and another win and a loss in the post season in road games). Essentially they are a .500 team playing away from home. If they win at the same rate they have been in both home and road games, they would still win 10 or 11 games this year. That being said, their schedule is not doing them any favors as they still have to play at CAR, KC, SF, PHI, and ARI.
Last five Super Bowl Champs road records:

2013 Seahawks 6-2

2012 Ravens 4-4

2011 Giants 5-3

2010 Packers 3-5

2009 Saints 7-1

Since 2009 the Patriots have the best road record at 25-17, Saints are second at 24-20. Over the last 15 years road teams are winning at about a .425 clip, and only one team since 2002 has won more road games than home games (Giants). Last year seven teams had a winning road record, all seven made the playoffs. There were five more teams who went 4-4 or better, three of those teams made the playoffs. Saints and Bengals were the only two teams with losing road records that made the playoffs, but they were both 8-0 at home.

2012 Bears 5-3

2011 Raiders and Broncos 5-3

2010 Dolphins 6-2 (1-7 at home)

2009 Texans 5-3

2008 Patriots 6-2

That is the full list of teams who have winning road records who didn't make the playoffs. All of them lost three or more at home also.

So having a winning road record or even being 500 if you are a good home team, is gonna get you into the playoffs. Wilson is 10-9 and he's been to the playoffs twice, and if he goes 4-4 this year, he's probably going back again. .500 on the road in the NFL is essentially...pretty good.

Anarchy99 said:
Wilson and the Seahawks have a 10-9 record on the road since he took over as starter (and another win and a loss in the post season in road games). Essentially they are a .500 team playing away from home. If they win at the same rate they have been in both home and road games, they would still win 10 or 11 games this year. That being said, their schedule is not doing them any favors as they still have to play at CAR, KC, SF, PHI, and ARI.
Last five Super Bowl Champs road records:

2013 Seahawks 6-2

2012 Ravens 4-4

2011 Giants 5-3

2010 Packers 3-5

2009 Saints 7-1

Since 2009 the Patriots have the best road record at 25-17, Saints are second at 24-20. Over the last 15 years road teams are winning at about a .425 clip, and only one team since 2002 has won more road games than home games (Giants). Last year seven teams had a winning road record, all seven made the playoffs. There were five more teams who went 4-4 or better, three of those teams made the playoffs. Saints and Bengals were the only two teams with losing road records that made the playoffs, but they were both 8-0 at home.

2012 Bears 5-3

2011 Raiders and Broncos 5-3

2010 Dolphins 6-2 (1-7 at home)

2009 Texans 5-3

2008 Patriots 6-2

That is the full list of teams who have winning road records who didn't make the playoffs. All of them lost three or more at home also.

So having a winning road record or even being 500 if you are a good home team, is gonna get you into the playoffs. Wilson is 10-9 and he's been to the playoffs twice, and if he goes 4-4 this year, he's probably going back again. .500 on the road in the NFL is essentially...pretty good.
:goodposting:

JohnnyU said:
Karma for previous arrogance.
Good posting. If the Seahawks were a bunch of choir boys, that went to church before the game every Sunday they would be 6 - 0 right now and Harvin would be leading the league in receiving and rushing.

I hate the seahawks, and I truly enjoy watching them lose.......But c'mon man! They are still a solid football team, and will more than likely be right in the hunt for their division come playoff time....Its not like the the cards, rams, or 9ers are world beaters.

I hate the seahawks, and I truly enjoy watching them lose.......But c'mon man! They are still a solid football team, and will more than likely be right in the hunt for their division come playoff time....Its not like the the cards, rams, or 9ers are world beaters.
Don't sleep on the Cards.

I don't have enough faith in the Cardinal's QB situation to think that they can win that division. We'll also find out a lot about their defense when they face the Eagles this week.

Natw Silver predicting they won't make the playoffs.
Well, the model Silver uses predicts they will "most likely" finish 9-7 (21%) and miss the playoffs. However, that's only slightly ahead of the 10-6 (18%), 11-5 (17%), and 8-8 (16%) simulations. In other words there are 4 likely scenarios for final regular season record; all carrying a completely different outcome.

Hooper31 said:
JohnnyU said:
Who's arrogance?
She's a stripper in Seattle.
I guess I shouldn't expect a serious answer.

I get that people are unhappy with whoever the current best teams are. That makes sense, but arrogance seems a bit silly. I guess he could mean fans, but that's a broad generalization that doesn't stick. I'm a Seattle homer. I challenge someone to find a post of mine displaying "arrogance" with regard to the Seahawks. I know you'll find a posts of mine taking certain Seattle fans to task. I loathe some of them and let them know it.

Hooper31 said:
JohnnyU said:
Who's arrogance?

I get that people are unhappy with whoever the current best teams are. That makes sense, but arrogance seems a bit silly. I guess he could mean fans, but that's a broad generalization that doesn't stick. I'm a Seattle homer. I challenge someone to find a post of mine displaying "arrogance" with regard to the Seahawks. I know you'll find a posts of mine taking certain Seattle fans to task. I loathe some of them and let them know it.
I think he was saying you should ask the right question.http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/whos-vs-whose/

Hooper31 said:
JohnnyU said:
Who's arrogance?

I think he was saying you should ask the right question.http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/whos-vs-whose/
Too true.

Ahem... Whose arrogance?

I hear ya, but its a long season. I'd put my money on Seattle vs. ARZ over the long haul.

If ARZ can get through the remainder of that schedule, with a home field playoff record, then I agree... they will be kings of that division and a SB contender.

If ARZ can get through the remainder of that schedule, with a home field playoff record, then I agree... they will be kings of that division and a SB contender.
My concern for the Cardinals downstream is that I have as many playoff wins as Carson Palmer does in his 11 year career.

ImTheScientist said:
Where is the Scientist?

This made me laugh. They're certainly not the most talented team in the league this season, otherwise they wouldn't be 3-3. Every good team suffers injuries and the next man steps up. They're still solid, but not the same team as last year and don't even look like a top 10 team. I think they peaked the week they played the Broncos, and it's a downhill slide from here.

You guys are nuts. AZ is going to fall hard. They flat out ain't that good. 3rd best team in the division.

They'll most likely go 1-4 over the next 5 games, maybe 2-3 if they get a break.

Az fan here. Honestly cant figure out how weve won some of the ganes weve won so far. The injuries, suspensions, retirements, and underperforming secondary should have been the end of us as a division contender.

You guys are nuts. AZ is going to fall hard. They flat out ain't that good. 3rd best team in the division.
:goodposting:

I think they are going to right the ship. This is a blip, an anomaly, nothing more.

I do think they have trouble in the coming offseason with folks wanting to get paid. It also would not surprise me if Carroll makes Belichick look like a piker when it comes to cheating that will be uncovered, but I think they are very dangerous right now and are about to lash out and go on a nice run.

As a Niner fan I'd love to see Seattle tank. However I think they will be fine. Fact is, today there are 30 other teams I'd rather play on the road. I want nothing to do with them in January.

FWIW, Gruden said Sea moved Harvin because he's not a true WR and not a true RB. Sea was sacrificing their winning offense to make exceptions for him, forcing him the ball. So, they got rid of him.

Who's arrogance?

Too true.

Ahem... Whose arrogance?
Only a couple of guys on here who I find pretty harmless. It was a silly point IMO, I was just poking fun at "you're" misuse of "who's". :hifive:

As a Niner fan I'd love to see Seattle tank. However I think they will be fine. Fact is, today there are 30 other teams I'd rather play on the road. I want nothing to do with them in January.
Well, it looks as if that will not be an issue. They will not be making the playoffs. Watch heads explode this week when they lose to the Panthers to go to 3 - 4.

Love it! you just won the SB, you've got a very good franchise QB.......but he's not black enough? Too F'n funny!

I thought he was like Samoan or something anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread