What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official Tour De France** 2021 Version (1 Viewer)

While I generally agree, Roglic and Pogacar have already hit the deck, Thomas has a disclocated shoulder, and Porte/Lopez are roughly 3:30 down.  That's almost the best case scenario if he were to win especially since his team's strategy seems to be to burn all their matches keeping him out of trouble now and then follow Ineos/Movistar/Jumbo (if they're still functioning) in the mountains.  
Didn't know this one.  Ouch.  Caparaz is looking really compelling right now and he's tearing it up, as well.  I don't know if Julian can keep this up, but he'd be the most popular winner in the last couple decades.  

Right now I'd put Pogacar as the solid favorite.  Roglic looked torn to shreds.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing thing today was it was all pretty simple human error - Thomas and Ewan did it themselves.  Good to see Sagan get back up.  It was hard to see what happened to Roglic - he hit really, really hard, though.
Ewan’s sprint was ugly. Stressful to watch.  He couldn’t get clear and tried to force it. 

I ran next to lance, for a few hundred yards, on the col de tourmalet. It was most awesome. The police motorbike, blasting his horn at me, was hysterical.

Today’s idiot was terribly unfortunate. The true miracles are on the mega climbs, where the fans part like the Red Sea, just in front of the riders. I love it. 

me running next to lance is on the facebooks, for those that “know” me.  I even have a video of it. 
Link?

I ran next to lance, for a few hundred yards, on the col de tourmalet. It was most awesome. The police motorbike, blasting his horn at me, was hysterical.

Today’s idiot was terribly unfortunate. The true miracles are on the mega climbs, where the fans part like the Red Sea, just in front of the riders. I love it. 

me running next to lance is on the facebooks, for those that “know” me.  I even have 
https://youtu.be/sRxGNttpaZA 

Was looking for his purse crash.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was my first thought as well.

Didnt the rest of the lead pack sit up and essentially wait for him after that crash? Thats my recollection, anyways. 
Yes, Ullrich waited.  And they also neutralized after that big crash started by the fan.  That's good, at least.

Sand said:
You know, I think so.  Ullrich was a pretty cool guy.  

Now Contador pretty much didn't when Schleck had "chain gate".  That also doesn't surprise me a whole lot.
That was a tactical mistake by Shlek, he should have already been in his big chain ring for that attack.  It was not a random occurrence like a flat,a fan or another Rider.  I don't blame condor.

What a stage to have this huge breakaway group.  Interesting racing
Mohoric is my second favorite Slovenian. I had him in every iteration of my Velogames team... until the last one where I decided that I needed two sprinters (and subsequently picked the wrong one)

fun, but ultimately anticlimactic stage.  other than roglic cracking.  here come the mountains!  can't wait.

fun story about cav.  in that 2010 tdf, that i went to, he was dead last, going up the tourmalet.  at least 45 minutes behind lance's group.  hell, he was 10 minutes behind the groupetto.  all alone, laboring up the mountain.  just him and the ambulance right behind him.  but he was all smiles.  laughing and talking to people as he went by.  happy to have someone come out and give him a little push.  it was a trip, to see that part of the tour, that never makes it on tv.

jiminy.  ineos and jumbo visma, better fire their scientists.

should make for some interesting, desperate stages.  hope no one goes all landis.  or maybe i do. :hophead:

Now that we're through the mountains I just need Cav to win the remaining 12 stages and I'm good for the win.

(BTW it was pretty awesome too see him get all emotional when they showed him making the cutoff by a minute.  He must have been in the pain cave the whole way.)

Now that we're through the mountains I just need Cav to win the remaining 12 stages and I'm good for the win.

(BTW it was pretty awesome too see him get all emotional when they showed him making the cutoff by a minute.  He must have been in the pain cave the whole way.)
1 down.  ventoux is gonna be rough for cav.   :lmao:    he just needs to stay on colbrelli's wheel.  or get some fluids from bahrain! ;)  

boom!  2 in a row!!   :pickle:

bummed about sagan.  he was a total homer pick, but i've loved watching him race over the years.  hope he's ready for the olympics

boom!  2 in a row!!   :pickle:

bummed about sagan.  he was a total homer pick, but i've loved watching him race over the years.  hope he's ready for the olympics
of course the only other squad with today's stage winner was already ahead of me in the standings - lol

Amazing rides by our three leaders pot of cars attacking when he could be defending.
Names are escaping but white jersey dude should've just been sitting on his wheel the entire way like black jersey dude and then launched a hard attack before the tunnel. Leader kept doing those little attacks after he pulled, that would've pissed me off.  He did way too much work and almost lost his second overall because of it.

yak651 said:
Names are escaping but white jersey dude should've just been sitting on his wheel the entire way like black jersey dude and then launched a hard attack before the tunnel. Leader kept doing those little attacks after he pulled, that would've pissed me off.  He did way too much work and almost lost his second overall because of it.
They both knew Black jersey dude was faking it... White jersey dude was trying to gain time on him so he was working to drop him.

Users who are viewing this thread