What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official Tour De France** 2021 Version (1 Viewer)

Geez these guys are idiots.  Not sure why anyone sets pace for the leader.  Ienos is the worst.

Also pretty stupid of the Tour organizers to load all the KOM points into the last climb of the last two stages.

Geez these guys are idiots.  Not sure why anyone sets pace for the leader.  Ienos is the worst.

Also pretty stupid of the Tour organizers to load all the KOM points into the last climb of the last two stages.
Was I arguing with you about this on reddit earlier today? ;)  

that's all ineos and skye have ever done.  pacemake until everyone pops.  but they don't have the right juice, and have no one to match pot of cars.  let alone leave him, on a climb.

i felt this year's stage layout was pretty boring all the way around.  kom, was probably the worst.  the points comp has been affected by injuries and the cav story.  where would it be without him?  colbrelli?  and pot of cars will win white, for the next 3 years.   :yawn:

chapeau Wout Van Aert - won a mountain stage, yesterday’s TT and denied Cavs in a sprint today

hope Tadej Pogačar is clean

given his age & estimated power numbers on 17 & 18 (6.9 W/kg) I’m dubious 

really fun Tour to watch regardless 

chapeau Wout Van Aert - won a mountain stage, yesterday’s TT and denied Cavs in a sprint today

hope Tadej Pogačar is clean

given his age & estimated power numbers on 17 & 18 (6.9 W/kg) I’m dubious 

really fun Tour to watch regardless 
wout is a stud

Reminder that the Vuelta starts today.  It's on GCN+(I think)  and Peacock Premium.  I paid the $5 for Peacock for the month to catch it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another item for cycling folks.  The Cyclocross World Championships are in Fayetteville, AR Jan. 29-30th.  8 hour drive for me and the 29th is my birthday.  I'm probably going - I expect that folks like Wout, Stybar, Kwiatkowski, Van Der Poel will be there.

Correction:  Never saw it and it wasn't advertised, but it's also on the Olympic Channel.  

The Peacock announcers are annoying, but you get more coverage.  Choices, choices.

Correction:  Never saw it and it wasn't advertised, but it's also on the Olympic Channel.  

The Peacock announcers are annoying, but you get more coverage.  Choices, choices.
The Olympic channel started being available on my cable during some point at the olympics. I hope it stays on during the Vuelta.

ETA: it may be too late to join but the FBG fantasy velo games league is active.

Sat through the whole Paris Roubaix today.  Completely, utterly epic.  No spoilers here, but the guy I predicted to win to my wife actually was the winner.  

Very much worth watching some extended highlights.  What an incredible way to end the season.

Sand said:
Sat through the whole Paris Roubaix today.  Completely, utterly epic.  No spoilers here, but the guy I predicted to win to my wife actually was the winner.  

Very much worth watching some extended highlights.  What an incredible way to end the season.

Colbrelli was one of my favorites as well... the others all cashed... several times. 

Here are some great photos: https://cyclingtips.com/2021/10/gallery-snapshots-of-hell-at-paris-roubaix/

Sand said:

did he get coal rolled?

Was able to get over to Fayetteville this weekend and watch the Cyclocross World Championships.  Great venue.

No spoilers, but if you don't want to see who the winner was who effing crushed the men's field don't click the picture (my image, probably the best one I took all weekend) - that was the last lap as he wheeled it in - the field was way behind.  Women's elite was probably the best race, but the domination in the men's final was unreal.  One thing I did learn that in these races you'd better get used to blue (Belgium) and orange (Dutch).  Though the Brits did manage to get two wins out of the races (and the women's junior woman, also a Brit, is going to be a star - she's unreal).

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to get over to Fayetteville this weekend and watch the Cyclocross World Championships.  Great venue.

No spoilers, but if you don't want to see who the winner was who effing crushed the men's field don't click the picture (my image, probably the best one I took all weekend) - that was the last lap as he wheeled it in - the field was way behind.  Women's elite was probably the best race, but the domination in the men's final was unreal.  One thing I did learn that in these races you'd better get used to blue (Belgium) and orange (Dutch).  Though the Brits did manage to get two wins out of the races (and the women's junior woman, also a Brit, is going to be a star - she's unreal).
great shot!

No good place to put this, but Paris Roubaix is this weekend!  Van der Poel is the favorite, but it looks to be wide open.  The next week is just the best week of the year.  Fleche Wallonne (my favorite), Liege-Bastogne-Liege.  Does it get any better?

Sand said:
No good place to put this, but Paris Roubaix is this weekend!  Van der Poel is the favorite, but it looks to be wide open.  The next week is just the best week of the year.  Fleche Wallonne (my favorite), Liege-Bastogne-Liege.  Does it get any better?
I'm in on an ***Official*** Pro Cycling thread should you start one ;)

Well, after having no idea who'd win today's race after I have watched it I still have no idea.   :lol:   No spoilers, but it was completely unpredictable.  Great racing, though.

Now on to my favorite - Fleche Wallone.  That last climb of the Mur de Huy is my favorite five minutes of the year.

I just checked out the start list... the teams are stacked!
I don't think he's going to win, but my heart will be cheering for Valverde to get one more shot at it.  His team is going to kill themselves to deliver him to the final climb at the front.

Users who are viewing this thread