What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars Universe (1 Viewer)

Yeah Andor is turning out to be a home run.
One thing that stands out, is that they are able to build tension and take their time. They have 12 episodes, as opposed to 6 or 8. I also think this is only planned for 1 more 12 episode season. So they know exactly where they are going to end up.

One thing that stands out, is that they are able to build tension and take their time. They have 12 episodes, as opposed to 6 or 8. I also think this is only planned for 1 more 12 episode season. So they know exactly where they are going to end up.
Assume Ahsoka will show up at some point, which will also be awesome.

I’m excited to tear through Tales of the Jedi this weekend. Probably my favorite “era” of Star Wars - The Clone Wars remains one of my favorite tv shows of all-time. They do animation right for the most part.

Andor is by far the best TV show they have done.
Big fan. I’m finally caught up. The imperial lady is the best bad guy they’ve had in a while.
It's funny, I initially thought she was a rebel spy. She still could be I guess, but it seems like a no all of a sudden. She does give off good guy vibes to me. I dunno. Love Andor. Rogue One was my favorite movie so no big surprise there.

Big fan. I’m finally caught up. The imperial lady is the best bad guy they’ve had in a while.
It's funny, I initially thought she was a rebel spy. She still could be I guess, but it seems like a no all of a sudden. She does give off good guy vibes to me. I dunno. Love Andor. Rogue One was my favorite movie so no big surprise there.
Same on thinking she was actually on the Rebel side. I guess we will find out later how strong the force is with us.

Just posting because I can't hide my pride in our Family Halloween costumes this year...Luke (me), Leia (wife), Vader (5 yr old), Yoda (3 yr old), and Chewy (Golden Retriever). I basically bribed my boys to do it with light sabers. Of course blue for me, red for 5 yr old, and green for 3 yr old.

Just posting because I can't hide my pride in our Family Halloween costumes this year...Luke (me), Leia (wife), Vader (5 yr old), Yoda (3 yr old), and Chewy (Golden Retriever). I basically bribed my boys to do it with light sabers. Of course blue for me, red for 5 yr old, and green for 3 yr old.
Dad joke them all with this one:

Q: If Chewy is short for Chewbacca, Ani is short for Anakin, and Artoo is short for R2-D2, what is Luke short for?
A: A stormtrooper.

Andor may be the best show I’ve seen all year. The only one I can think of off-hand that was better was Better Call Saul.

Well going in they knew exactly how it ends, It's not like they have a huge timeline to work with.

:grumpyoldman: Wake me up when they stop rehashing the past and come up with a new story instead of a stream of prequels. :grumpyoldman:
It would be cool to see something totally new that doesn’t tie in to existing movies/shows. Provided it’s done right.

Same on thinking she was actually on the Rebel side. I guess we will find out later how strong the force is with us.
How we feeling about her now?

:grumpyoldman: Wake me up when they stop rehashing the past and come up with a new story instead of a stream of prequels. :grumpyoldman:
I mean is a 2 hour movie really a barrier to watching this show? It’s not like there were 9 movies about Cassian Andor.
It all already happened, we know the outcome, stop living in the past Disney! ;)
I don't know who Cassian Andor is, is he related to that planet of Ewoks?
Is Disney's next planned series about Logray's rise to power?

I mean is a 2 hour movie really a barrier to watching this show? It’s not like there were 9 movies about Cassian Andor.
It all already happened, we know the outcome, stop living in the past Disney! ;)
I don't know who Cassian Andor is, is he related to that planet of Ewoks?
Is Disney's next planned series about Logray's rise to power?
Lol Cassian Andor is actually the guy in the Chewbacca costume.

How we feeling about her now?
Same. I think she's a rebel.

For those that played Witcher 3, the actress playing Dedra also voiced Yennefer in that game. I thought she had sounded familiar.

I thought Andor was way too slow through several episodes but overall I rank it behind only the Mandalorian series.

rewatching rogue one and at 28:18 they bump into the twosome that say they are wanted men and pick a fight with luke in the of star wars 🤯🤯

Andor is amazing! By far the best acting, writing and cinematography we have seen on a D+ show. You can tell that Gilroy carefully crafted this show and the use of practical sets as opposed to the volume makes it feel even grander. I can see where it might not be for everyone, especially kids, but for me, it surpassed the Mandalorian in terms of quality and storytelling.

Why oh why does

Andy Sirkis always, die?

😥
Gilroy is being kind of cagey on whether that's actually true.
I saw something similar from Serkis, so you never know.
I haven’t seen a body.
I have a feeling if we do see him again, it won't be pretty and may be tragic. The Empire will want to make a public spectacle out of him (and his family?) for this. A simple execution won't do.

Such a ****ing good show. That scene with them all being so stoked to just throw themselves into the water and likely die was sick

This week left me wanting more like no other. It went by to fast. That used to happen when Entourage was in it's prime, but this is twice as long. And that was the most bad az getaway in the history of television. Wow.
I read somewhere that the ship with the tractor beam in this episode was actually the original design of a Star Destoyer, so kind of a cool nod to the origins of Star Wars (without being fan service-y).

While I'm glad they changed the design to what we now know as a Star Destroyer, still cool to see.

Users who are viewing this thread