What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl LVII ****Kansas City vs Philadelphia**** KC 38...PHI 35 Chiefs are World Champions!!! (1 Viewer)

The Eagles had more breaks and luck leading up to this game than any other team I have ever seen. they finally met a team and coach that played well enough to keep game real close for one little break to go the other way and it did!! Now they will lose players to both free agency and retirement and the chances that they get this kind of luck again any time soon is not really a reality any time soon!!
Are those Cowboy tears of bitterness Zeke? 😂
They played (9) Sub-500 teams in the regular season and of those 9 , four of those teams had less than 5 wins . the Eagles went 14-3 in regular season . so they only played 5 above 500 teams. Losses Dallas ranked 8th against pass and 12th overall on defense. Washington was 3rd overall on defense and 3rd against pass. NO was 5th overall Defense and 1st against the pass. only 3 teams that they played other thatn the three i mentioned were even in the top 20 on Defense. Pittsburgh had the 13th ranked defense but maybe the worst offence in the NFL. The Colts had the 15th ranked Defense and it took the eagles until the closing seconds to beat that defense. and GB had the 17th ranked defense. honestly they had issues with any team that had a defense in the top 12 and was in the top 12 either rushing or passing to on offense. So then they had to play the KC Chiefs who had the 1st ranked Offense in the league and the 11th ranked defense. the only other team they played even close to these rankings was SF and they played 9/10 of that game without a QB who was already a backup. albeit a good one. almost all of the teams they lost to had very good screen games that tended to nullify there pass rush. the quik screen game is there future kryptonite. By these stats it was going to be a uphill battle to beat KC. Add in Mahomes being a magician and walla!!

How many sub 500 teams did the eagles play?
It was like 7 or 8, I’m pretty sure.
It’s such a funny stat. Wouldn’t most 14-3 teams play other teams below .500 be cause they beat most of them? I mean playing the NFC South is would have been same result. It’s funny the Eagles are getting dismissed based on nothing about the actual team.

fun times with that penalty to Bradberry:

Jeff Howe
@jeffphowe

Referee Carl Cheffers' crews had gone 576 consecutive snaps without calling a defensive holding penalty before the decisive Super Bowl flag. Last called in Bills-Bears on Dec. 24. Nothing in Packers-Vikings, Eagles-Giants, Bengals Bills before the late James Bradberry penalty.
Pretty impressive streak of never holding during that stretch by all those defenders.
The holding call in the Super Bowl must've been so blatant and obvious that even this crew felt the need to call it

It’s such a funny stat. Wouldn’t most 14-3 teams play other teams below .500 be cause they beat most of them? I mean playing the NFC South is would have been same result. It’s funny the Eagles are getting dismissed based on nothing about the actual team.
I'll give Zeke credit, he wrote out a thoughtful reply. He liked it well enough to reply to 3 different posters in a row, but it was thoughtful.

I don't pay the S.O.S. arguments any mind. It's not even worth responding. This was the best Eagles team I have ever seen play and I've been watching since the early 80s.

fun times with that penalty to Bradberry:

Jeff Howe
@jeffphowe

Referee Carl Cheffers' crews had gone 576 consecutive snaps without calling a defensive holding penalty before the decisive Super Bowl flag. Last called in Bills-Bears on Dec. 24. Nothing in Packers-Vikings, Eagles-Giants, Bengals Bills before the late James Bradberry penalty.
Pretty impressive streak of never holding during that stretch by all those defenders.
The holding call in the Super Bowl must've been so blatant and obvious that even this crew felt the need to call it
Exactly, that's probably why no one is complaining about it.

not that it matters, but out of curiosity, I did look at both schedules and I see the eagles with (7) sub-500 teams and (4) teams with fewer than 5 wins.

KC played (10) sub-500 teams and (4) teams with fewer than 5 wins.

I'm sure there are Eagles fans scouring their recordings for obvious missed defensive holding calls on KC during the game to post on social media. Has anyone seen any of those posts yet?
Meh, there was the LT with hands to the face on the same play they didn't call.

It was a loaded roster!
It was the easiest schedule in NFL history!
Also
Anyone could coach this team to 14 wins, but also, it was the easiest schedule in NFL history
Anyone could QB this team, along with anyone also being able to coach this team, while playing the easiest schedule in NFL history.

Seems conflicting, but hate usually doesn't follow logic.

Exactly. Only 9 were sub .500……so they played 8 over .500 plus 2 more in the playoffs. 😂

Ahhh Cowboys fans ahaha.

not that it matters, but out of curiosity, I did look at both schedules and I see the eagles with (7) sub-500 teams and (4) teams with fewer than 5 wins.

KC played (10) sub-500 teams and (4) teams with fewer than 5 wins.
Wow, waiting for the Cowboy whiners rebuttal to this one.

I think the problem is that some are still sticking to the Eagles schedule being soft based off 2021 records (which is now meaningless), but the way the 2022 season played out, it ended up being not that soft, largely due to the NFC East being a lot stronger than most anticipated.

And because Denver and Vegas both ended up being not very good, the Chiefs schedule wasn't as difficult as projected, although still not easy.

I think the problem is that some are still sticking to the Eagles schedule being soft based off 2021 records (which is now meaningless), but the way the 2022 season played out, it ended up being not that soft, largely due to the NFC East being a lot stronger than most anticipated.

And because Denver and Vegas both ended up being not very good, the Chiefs schedule wasn't as difficult as projected, although still not easy.
The one and only way that goes, against Philadelphia, is a unique thing, for whatever reason.

Holding onto the bias of "well this team was good LAST year" is kind of funny too. Which is why the whole SOS thing is lame b/c its always based on LAST year's stats.

Add into that the NFL literally brags about its parity and the fact, on average, say the last 7-10 years, the playoffs each year are made up of about 40% of teams each year that did not make the playoffs the previous year.

Also, people are very very easily influenced/persuaded by the media and their narratives a bit too much.

Jason Kelce on why he liked the field conditions “I want as much outside the comfort zone as possible, because imma figure it out”.

kind of wild take but to him getting the footwear right was part of the entire super bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread