What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 101 Movies of the 80s (1 Viewer)

Cage is one of Brad's friends in the background, right? I thought the stoners were Penn, Stoltz, and Goose.
Crap, you are right. I remembered that Cage was in it, but got him mixed up with the stoners. Forgot Anthony Edwards was the other stoner.

It's quite the cast of actors.

Without looking, can you name the sibling of a rock n' roll megastar who also had a bit role in this one?

Cage is one of Brad's friends in the background, right? I thought the stoners were Penn, Stoltz, and Goose.
Crap, you are right. I remembered that Cage was in it, but got him mixed up with the stoners. Forgot Anthony Edwards was the other stoner.

Without looking, can you name the sibling of a rock n' roll megastar who also had a bit role in this one?
Does it count if said sibling is also a rock n' roll megastar?

Does it count if said sibling is also a rock n' roll megastar?

I don't think I worded my question correctly. Bryhamm - HELP!

Ann Wilson is the sibling.

woah, didn't know this.

woah, didn't know this.
Nancy was the blonde in the convertible that laughed at Brad’s pirate costume. She was Cameron Crowe’s girlfriend at the time.

One movie I was mad about it's low ranking but didn't make a stink because my opinion is probably not a widely held one is Gremlins. That would've made my top 25. I loved this movie as a kid. I remember not being scared at all by it. Quite the opposite, it made me laugh uncontrollably. I had the Gizmo stuffed animal and carried it around with me everywhere for about a year (and never got it wet).

Also, Gremlins 2 is a top 10 90s movie for me. I don't care what anyone says. That movie is so ridiculous and over the top on so many levels, it's a work of genius. The Key and Peele sketch about the pitch for the movie is so spot on.

I posted them in the 4th post of the thread as well, but I was going to list the movies that each of us picked in order. No spoilers, I just included ours that showed up. The highest I had left was at #62 and his was #65.

KP'S LIST IN ORDER OF MOVIES THAT SHOWED UP ON THE LIST:

1. BACK TO THE FUTURE
FULL METAL JACKET
EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
BLUE VELVET
ALIENS
THE SHINING
DIE HARD
WINGS OF DESIRE
BLOW OUT
THE THING
TOP GUN
BLADE RUNNER
RAGING BULL
THE BREAKFAST CLUB
THE ELEPHANT MAN
E.T.
THE VANISHING
THIS IS SPINAL TAP
DO THE RIGHT THING
WHEN HARRY MET SALLY
FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH
BULL DURHAM
FANNY AND ALEXANDER
STAND BY ME
BEVERLY HILLS COP
AMADEUS
GHOSTBUSTERS
THE KARATE KID
RAN
FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF
DEAD POET'S SOCIETY
THE ABYSS
BIG
THE LOST BOYS
SEX, LIES AND VIDEOTAPE
RETURN OF THE JEDI
ROBOCOP
RAIN MAN
THE TERMINATOR
AFTER HOURS
MY LEFT FOOT
THE 'BURBS
FATAL ATTRACTION
THE FLY
THE GREAT OUTDOORS
EVIL DEAD
BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE
SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW
KING OF COMEDY
THE GOONIES
AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON
GREMLINS
COMING TO AMERICA
CINEMA PARADISO
MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO
GOOD MORNING, VIETNAM
THE PRINCESS BRIDE
PREDATOR
BATMAN
THE STEPFATHER
THIEF
62. BETTER OFF DEAD
65. PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES
66. TRADING PLACES
71. HEATHERS
76. DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS
78. RIVER'S EDGE
80. PEE WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE

80s' LIST IN ORDER OF MOVIES THAT SHOWED UP ON THE LIST:

1. DO THE RIGHT THING
AMADEUS
BROADCAST NEWS
BACK TO THE FUTURE
DIE HARD
BLADE RUNNER
RAN
THE SHINING
THIS IS SPINAL TAP
A ROOM WITH A VIEW
THE YEAR OF LIVING DANGEROUSLY
THE VERDICT
WINGS OF DESIRE
FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
RAISING ARIZONA
FIELD OF DREAMS
THE RIGHT STUFF
THE TERMINATOR
FITZCARRALDO
AU REVOIR LES ENFANTS
THIEF
SOMETHING WILD
BEVERLY HILLS COP
BLOW OUT
MIDNIGHT RUN
HEATHERS
HOUSE OF GAMES
THE PRINCESS BRIDE
SCARFACE
FIRST BLOOD
ORDINARY PEOPLE
RISKY BUSINESS
RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK
WHEN HARRY MET SALLY
A FISH CALLED WANDA
STAND BY ME
TO LIVE AND DIE IN L.A.
RAGING BULL
POLYESTER
BRAZIL
WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN
AIRPLANE!
BLUE VELVET
FLETCH
RAIN MAN
TERMS OF ENDEARMENT
THE KING OF COMEDY
DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS
WITNESS
WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT?
FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF
AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN
MYSTERY TRAIN
COME AND SEE
COMING TO AMERICA
ROBOCOP
DEAD POETS SOCIETY
PARIS, TEXAS
STEEL MAGNOLIAS
PEE WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE
CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS
BATMAN
64. ALIENS
67. CINEMA PARADISO
72. PLANES, TRAINS, AND AUTOMOBILES
74. PREDATOR
76. RIVER'S EDGE
78. TOP GUN
90. THE LOST BOYS

Whoa! Okay, that is a twist I wasn't expecting.

This HOF Rocker and 20 time Grammy winner has a sister. She had a bit role in Fast Times....anybody?

Whoa! Okay, that is a twist I wasn't expecting.

This HOF Rocker and 20 time Grammy winner has a sister. She had a bit role in Fast Times....anybody?
It was mentioned earlier when guessing for zamboni's question ... Bruce Springsteen's sister.

Well, like I said - it won 4 Academy Awards for a reason. I'll leave it at that.
Out of Africa won 7 and I bet it doesn’t make the next 100 either. But yeah I get your point and Platoon is a movie I know I’m a lot lower on than the general “middle aged” guy.

Not just 'the general "middle aged" guy'....Roger Ebert had it number 9 overall and he was one of the best in the biz. He gone now. So OLDER guys were high on it too.

I've never seen Out of Africa. Has anybody seen it? Worth my time?

Another bit of trivia: Fred Gwynne was offered the role of Mr. Hand and had shown interest until he read the script and was highly offended by the language and sex.

The script was written for him to tower over the students, be physically intimidating. The joke would be that the stoned, oblivious Spicoli would be the only one not afraid of him.

Ray Walston was a small, scrawny guy pushing seventy. He knew he couldn't play the role as was intended for Gwynne, so instead he delivered every line with as much sarcasm and exasperation he could spin, even the mundane lines. Heckerling and Crowe thought it worked much better than what they had planned for Gwynne.

Another bit of trivia: Fred Gwynne was offered the role of Mr. Hand and had shown interest until he read the script and was highly offended by the language and sex.

The script was written for him to tower over the students, be physically intimidating. The joke would be that the stoned, oblivious Spicoli would be the only one not afraid of him.

Ray Walston was a small, scrawny guy pushing seventy. He knew he couldn't play the role as was intended for Gwynne, so instead he delivered every line with as much sarcasm and exasperation he could spin, even the mundane lines. Heckerling and Crowe thought it worked much better than what they had planned for Gwynne.

I love the look on Spicoli's face when Charles is walking towards his wrecked car
My brother is gonna kill me….he is gonna ****….My brother is gonna kill me!!

Well make up your mind. Is gonna **** or is he gonna kill you?

First he is gonna **** then is gonna kill me.

Relaaaax….my father is a TV repairman and has an ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

You can’t fix this car Spicoli….

(Spicoli looks out the window at the trashed hood) I can fix it…..

Users who are viewing this thread