What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trader Joe's Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

My fandom is wavering. I only go there for a few select things.....my TJ's grocery budget has dropped to about 20% of my total monthly budget.

Their produce sucks. Burnt out on a lot of their sauces.
:goodposting: Their produce is awful. Nothing fresh or local at all.
This is true, except for their butternut squash and spaghetti squash. I've never seen better deals on those two items anywhere.

I always get the vanilla almond granola cereal and plantain chips. Amazing stuff.

Have you guys tried the chocolate croissants in the frozen section?

Amazing!

Take them out before you go to bed Saturday night and put them on a parchment paper lined cookie pan, when you wake up Sunday morning they've risen to 5X their size and then bake for 20 mins.

Soooooooo gooooood!!!

The Halloween Joe Joe's are pretty damn tasty. A lot of the seasonal items are starting to roll in.

I am a big fan of the Sweet, Savory and Tart Trek Mix.

I used to like, but not love, Trader Joe's. But I recently discovered their selection of peanut butter, and it makes me happy.

Next time, I'll look to see what kind of mayo they have. Gonna make me some sammiches this week.

I picked up the Italian chicken sausage (the one with with roma tomatoes and parmesan) last week. :yucky: Had to spit it out, throw the rest away. Gross. Since I changed up the diet don't go there much anymore. Walked by the chips section to say hello to the guilt free potato chips in the blue bag. I could tell they were upset when I left them there on the shelf. Sad times.

Trip to Atlanta, leaving Wed, going to TJs on Thursday morning to stock up for the rest of the week we are there. I never get to go; haven't been to one since I moved back to Florida 4 year ago.

Are you talking about the grocery store? I hate that fn store. I go in as little as possible. I go there for their wine selection which is very reasonabely priced and some of their cheeses. That store is packed with pompous yuppies who think their smarter then you because they only drink yaks milk from the west andes. The other customers are 90 years old or above and think they may add another month to their life by eating organic bannanas.Which are you?
:goodposting:

Made my first trip to Joe's today. Browsed around a bit and came out with the following:

TJ's tortilla chips

TJ's tomatillo salsa

veggie eggrolls

chicken chow mein

frozen rice packets

graham crackers for the kids

Almond milk(didnt notice it was unsweetened <_< )

Frozen macaroni and cheese(got a reco for the kids. They love mac n cheese)

multigrain chips

roasted garlic chicken sausage

Other than the orange chicken, anybody else have any 'go-to' TJ's items?

Made my first trip to Joe's today. Browsed around a bit and came out with the following:TJ's tortilla chipsTJ's tomatillo salsaveggie eggrollschicken chow meinfrozen rice packetsgraham crackers for the kidsAlmond milk(didnt notice it was unsweetened <_< )Frozen macaroni and cheese(got a reco for the kids. They love mac n cheese)multigrain chipsroasted garlic chicken sausageOther than the orange chicken, anybody else have any 'go-to' TJ's items?
Yaks milk from the west andes.

The Diet Hansen's Sugar-free Tangerine/Lime soda is fantastic with vodka if you're looking to cut carbs but still want to get hammered.

I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but I just love the way the check out girls handle my junk.

:wub:

Made my first trip to Joe's today. Browsed around a bit and came out with the following:TJ's tortilla chipsTJ's tomatillo salsaveggie eggrollschicken chow meinfrozen rice packetsgraham crackers for the kidsAlmond milk(didnt notice it was unsweetened <_< )Frozen macaroni and cheese(got a reco for the kids. They love mac n cheese)multigrain chipsroasted garlic chicken sausageOther than the orange chicken, anybody else have any 'go-to' TJ's items?
Black Bean & Cheese Burritos (not frozen)Chicken Gyoza/Pot Stickers (frozen)Italian Turkey MeatloafFat Weasel Ale

Just discovered Trader Joe's recently.

Wonton Soup was phenomenal. Nice an spicy and perfect for a lunch.

Fried frozen eggplant was awesome. Added some tom. sauce and fresh mozz for some great egg plant parm.

Beef Bourginoun (sp?) is good but I wish it came with a side.

Picked up some tamales as well that I'll be trying for lunch.

What are you all eating these days from their pre-packaged/frozen meals sections?

Finally getting some here in Colorado. 3 sites selected, one has started building. They're going to end up with 6 here eventually... So excited!

They just opened one of these in Tampa and people were waiting in line for hours to get in. There was one person there since midnight. They could have driven back & forth to the Sarasota location several times in the 8 hours they spent waiting.

They just opened one of these in Tampa and people were waiting in line for hours to get in. There was one person there since midnight. They could have driven back & forth to the Sarasota location several times in the 8 hours they spent waiting.
Good store but that kind of stuff is bizarre to me.

These are the real life versions of people that post "first" in the comment section on the innerwebs.

These are the real life versions of people that post "first" in the comment section on the innerwebs.
G1 :lol:

We had 1 open in Pincrest/South Miami, it is a real chore trying to find a parking spot and mainly because the other businesses in and around it are so pissed that the store does so well that they stand out there and tow cars. I almost don't go unless I can get there right when they open in the morning or right before they close at night, just not worth the hassle/headache.

They opened a Whole Foods near my house in North Miami, not one of the huge monster stores like the one I worked in years back but maybe a little bigger than a Trader Joe's, like it only because it is easy to get in and out of the store quickly, it just isn't that big.

I believe they will be opening another TJs in South Broward which would actually be closer than South Miami so maybe I can shop there more. I still love the sweets n snacks at TJs but as I get older I can't eat that stuff as much. If you go there for produce it can be a disappointment.

worst parking lots. all of them
yeah what's up with that? I've been to maybe 10 Trader Joe's in several cities and they all suck

EDIT: Answering my own question... maybe because they don't dedicate space like a regular grocery store. It's usually in a busy strip mall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's part of their shtick. Best Buy has guys in blue polos, go to any Trader Joe's in the US and it's got a parking lot a third the size the zoning code requires.

There's one by me that took over a big old Blockbuster video in a shopping center. By far the largest TJ's I've ever seen, at least triple the floor space of the "average" TJ's in LA. Do they have more stuff? Nope. The aisles are just spaced farther apart. And still on a slant. There's enough room in the aisles for four shopping carts to be side-by-side. And thanks to the economy, most of the other stores in the shopping center are closed. The ones that aren't usually aren't open past 6PM. Basically, this TJ's has the whole shopping center to itself after sundown. And there's still not enough parking. It's like they picked the location on purpose just to annoy people.

There's a trader joes 5min away from where I moved to. It's not really a full fledged grocery store I guess. Some good stuff though. I'm addicted to the dark chocolate and sea salt almonds. Any other suggestions?

There's a trader joes 5min away from where I moved to. It's not really a full fledged grocery store I guess. Some good stuff though. I'm addicted to the dark chocolate and sea salt almonds. Any other suggestions?
Not a full-fledged grocery store. The concept is that they only carry one kind of anything. But it's the best one on price & taste. Like, you can go to a grocery store and have 11 varieties of black olives, in jars, cans, bottled, in water, etc., to choose from. TJs will only have 1, but they'll be great.

Users who are viewing this thread