What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unofficial Canadian Thread - Previously Trucker Convoy thread (1 Viewer)

Desert_Power said:
Detailed Report

Questionable Reasoning: Far Right, Failed Fact Checks, Propaganda, Conspiracy
Bias Rating: FAR RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/western-journalism/
Media Bias Fact Check?  😆😆😆

Media Bias Fact Check rated Salon.com as “Mostly Factual”.  This is the same Salon.con that just characterized the Republican Party an “evil, terrorist organization”.  They are a Liberal hack organization like most of the other Source Checkers.  No one with a brain takes them seriously.

IvanKaramazov said:
Yeah, but you can't have blocking a major port of entry indefinitely.  At some point, these folks have had their say and it's time to let everybody else go about their business.
 Prediction:  In the future there will be no mandate, but the Government will act like it is their decision, not the truckers.

The longer this goes on the less sympathy the protestors are getting for their cause.  They made their point now they're just F'ing things up for folks.

True..getting just like Portland and Seattle now.  Remember how exhausting the Portland situation got for their downtown residents and business district.

Portland protesters had no sympathy after it dragged on and on.

Last edited by a moderator:
True..getting just like Portland and Seattle now.  Remember how exhausting the Portland situation got for their downtown residents and business district.

Portland protesters had no sympathy after it dragged on and on.
Remember how the truckers tried to burn down the courthouse night after night

"In the end, after repeatedly vowing they would not leave the site unless vaccine mandates were scrapped, protesters dismantled the makeshift camp they’d set up, which at one point included couches, barbecues and a bouncy castle, sweeping up the road with brooms before they left."

Had to laugh at this. Not a fan of blocking the border, but got to appreciate this type of behavior. Sounds like the border blockades mostly broke up peacefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
"In the end, after repeatedly vowing they would not leave the site unless vaccine mandates were scrapped, protesters dismantled the makeshift camp they’d set up, which at one point included couches, barbecues and a bouncy castle, sweeping up the road with brooms before they left."

Had to laugh at this. Not a fan of blocking the border, but got to appreciate this type of behavior. Sounds like the border blockades mostly broke up peacefully.
Glad they handled it like this and there was no violence 

Well you can’t take the Canadian out of the protestor.

Glad to see this unwound nicely so far. 

Media Bias Fact Check rated Salon.com as “Mostly Factual”.  This is the same Salon.con that just characterized the Republican Party an “evil, terrorist organization”.  They are a Liberal hack organization like most of the other Source Checkers.  No one with a brain takes them seriously.
Again, the story checks out.

Prove it.

You can’t.
Exactly.  

FairWarning said:
It would be a wrong guess.  How about the shutdowns in our country but we let illegals cross our border unchecked like deer.  How about the financial impact of that?
That’s a positive impact. We actually grow richer as a result of illegal immigration. 

100%.  I'm all for protesting but do it in a way that doesn't screw up life for the rest of us.
Don't inconvenience me with your silly protests! I have a life to live and I don't care how anyone else's life is affected by what they're protesting over! Meanwhile, the ruling class is butchering the Western world and creating historic inflation and bankrupting the country. Nothing to see here! Move along! Geez the absolute delusion and mind control the government has over some of you guys. 

but we cant 
We can slow down their entry. 

But the vast majority of those who come here illegally are not felons, nor terrorists, nor sick. They are hard working people searching for a better life. They don’t want handouts, only a chance to work and feed their families. They enrich us, and are almost always a positive. 

James - some of our lives have been screwed up for two years from this.  I’ve lost 1/3 of my accounts thanks to science and a power hungry governor.  

We can slow down their entry. 

But the vast majority of those who come here illegally are not felons, nor terrorists, nor sick. They are hard working people searching for a better life. They don’t want handouts, only a chance to work and feed their families. They enrich us, and are almost always a positive. 
But we are not slowing them down.  Heck, we are flying them around.  

It’s all it ever is from the right.  Both at the National level and on this board.  Rinse and repeat.  
😆 I called out a Liberal media source for referring to Republicans as evil terrorists, and the partisan fact checkers who approve of them.  

The longer this goes on the less sympathy the protestors are getting for their cause.  They made their point now they're just F'ing things up for folks.
I’m fine with that.  I’m fine with any and all protestors making things inconvenient for others — without that, how could protestors possibly expect to bring attention to their cause?

That said — I’m equal opportunity.  Have a right leaning cause to protest?  (Eg vaccine mandates) Cool.  Have a left leaning cause to protest?  (Eg wealth inequality)  Cool.

Flip side, society has the right to respond in whatever way society chooses.  If people get pissed at the truckers and pressure them to stop the protest…..cool.

Basically, I like and support the right to protest and make others inconvenienced.  But I also get why that pisses people off.

Nothing got burned down or looted?  No Police were shot at? Nobody tased?

We need to take a lesson from the people up north on how to protest

I’m fine with that.  I’m fine with any and all protestors making things inconvenient for others — without that, how could protestors possibly expect to bring attention to their cause?

That said — I’m equal opportunity.  Have a right leaning cause to protest?  (Eg vaccine mandates) Cool.  Have a left leaning cause to protest?  (Eg wealth inequality)  Cool.

Flip side, society has the right to respond in whatever way society chooses.  If people get pissed at the truckers and pressure them to stop the protest…..cool.

Basically, I like and support the right to protest and make others inconvenienced.  But I also get why that pisses people off.

If your day to day life is disrupted, then people get pissed no matter what side you are on.  Most of the people living in downtown Portland are dems and they were angry at what happened to their city when the protesting and rioting went on every night forever. 

The truckers also disrupted things, made people uncomfortable and started conversations and that made people pissed.

Ben Collins, NBC News, Article: As U.S. ‘trucker convoy’ picks up momentum, foreign meddling adds to fray

Thread on the US version of the trucker convoy.

You’ve probably seen a Facebook group about American “trucker convoys” who want to block traffic in LA or DC.

Guess what? Some of those groups were created by fake people in Romania.

But some of them are now very real, and they’re really planning something.

There are dozens of these “Trucker convoy” accounts with tens of thousands of followers.

Some are real. Some are created in places like Vietnam, but targeted DC or LA.

The fake ones were previously anti-mandate/pro-Trump pages that renamed themselves to reference convoys.

Foreign content mills build up userbases, then narrow it down later. It's "growth hacking."

This allows them to appear high up in search, making it appear as if tens of thousands of people are really about to get in a truck and head to D.C.

They then sell merch, like AI-generated tees. It’s a low overhead, potentially high-profit scheme.

Now, there are real protests being planned in trucker convoy groups on Facebook and Telegram.

The goal, for a lot of this week, was to block access to the Super Bowl in LA. Most groups appear to have given up that dream. They can’t organize it in time.

But they have a new date.

March 5

How did they coalesce around this date?

Big money in the antivaxx movement largely decided it for them.

The massive antivaxx rally that keynoted by RFK Jr. last month, Defeat The Mandates DC, changed their website today to promote a California Trucker Convoy on March 5th.

Here's what's important:

Even though it wasn’t totally organic, trucker convoys really are organizing in the United States right now.

The social media factions that floated from Q to January 6th to antivaxx marches are making the American Trucker Convoys their next priority.

“This feels like the culmination of everything that’s happened since Jan. 6th,”

I guess someone should start a March 5 thread

Users who are viewing this thread