What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 15 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

O.K. one more for now:
FFPC scoring:
Need ONE final flex:

K.Mitchell @ Jax
C.Samuel @ LAR
N.Collims @ Tenn(if he plays)
If Collins plays I probably start him. Decent matchup, must win game and he is a double digit target guy.

It's a coin toss between Mitchell & Samuel but Samuel does have the better matchup so that is probably where I lean between those two.
In this order: Collins (if plays), Mitchell, Samuel

Playoff semifinals. Non-PPR. Extra points for 9+ receptions, 40+ yd TDs. For TE spot: Dallas Goedert @ SEA or Isaiah Likely @ JAX ?

My current off. spots:
RB1: Alvin Kamara vs. NYG / RB2: Keaton Mitchell @ JAX (or Jerome Ford vs CHI)
WR1: Brandon Aiyuk @ ARI / WR2: Courtland Sutton @ DET
FLEX: Rashee Rice @ NE

Playoff semifinals. Non-PPR. Extra points for 9+ receptions, 40+ yd TDs. For TE spot: Dallas Goedert @ SEA or Isaiah Likely @ JAX ?

My current off. spots:
non-PPR i may lean into Dallas Goedert.

non-PPR i may lean into Dallas Goedert.

I would. Seems like Philly schemes him the ball three times a game and he does something after the catch with those schemed plays. Just an observation. Also, I roster him in a dynasty league so I'm biased.

I may need a flex in half PPR if Olave misses the game vs NYG. I can start one of:

- Goedert (vs SEA) or Waller (vs NO) if he comes back

- drop one of those TEs and pick up Doubs (vs TB), Smith-Njigba (vs PHI), Dotson (vs LAR) or Demario Douglas (vs KC).

Thanks!

Basic scoring, 6pt TD

With Stroud likely out this week, need a QB...

Fields at CLE
Flacco vs CHI

I have to choose two to put on the bench in a ppr:

Swift
KW3
DJ Moore
Cooper Kupp
Garrett Wilson
Zay Flowers
Rashee Rice

Must start at least one of the RBs. The rooks have been solid but wilson and kupp showed new life last week.

Raiders DT vs Chargers
Rams Defense vs. Commanders

Josh Palmer tonight against Raiders
wait for Nico Collins status on Sunday

:shock:
Sorry I couldn't get to this one.

Definitely would have said Raiders>Rams and most likely would have said Collins>Palmer with some wiggle room (I'm a big Palmer fan).

Hope you chose wisely.

My current off. spots:
I have a hunch Goedert will have a good game this week HOWEVER I can't really defend it. I see a Phili rebound after two ### kickings and they have too many high quality skill guys to have too much confidence in option...four-ish.

Likely OTOH seems like option two-ish and may be a decent approximation of Andrews. And he's facing a pass funnel defense.

Likely>Goedert

I'm leaning Ford over Keaton pretty comfortably. Similar matchup, neither is the GL guy and Ford is probably in line for a little more usage. But I can see starting Mitchell if you're really feeling it.

I like your other choices.

Standard Scoring

Z White v Chargers
J McKinnon v NE
K Hunt v Bears
C Brown v Min

Hold your nose and Pick 2
I wish I could say that I would have recommended Zamir but I wouldn't have.

I think it depends on what you need but, in a vacuum I like Hunt and Brown for the combo of TD upside and high ceiling. But I could easily see a McKinnon random three TD game if Pacheco is out.

Standard Scoring

Z White v Chargers
J McKinnon v NE
K Hunt v Bears
C Brown v Min

Hold your nose and Pick 2
I wish I could say that I would have recommended Zamir but I wouldn't have.

I think it depends on what you need but, in a vacuum I like Hunt and Brown for the combo of TD upside and high ceiling. But I could easily see a McKinnon random three TD game if Pacheco is out.
I assume you would have recommended him so I did

Thank You

Raiders DT vs Chargers
Rams Defense vs. Commanders

Josh Palmer tonight against Raiders
wait for Nico Collins status on Sunday

:shock:
Sorry I couldn't get to this one.

Definitely would have said Raiders>Rams and most likely would have said Collins>Palmer with some wiggle room (I'm a big Palmer fan).

Hope you chose wisely.
I chickened out of taking the Raiders, so hopefully Rams can have a good showing too. I did go with Palmer, and was bummed until midway through the 3rd Q. 1 target for 1 catch and 72 yds and a TD is a good rate for him. Wish they would have got him the ball more, but no complaints with Palmer for what I got from him

I may need a flex in half PPR if Olave misses the game vs NYG. I can start one of:

- Goedert (vs SEA) or Waller (vs NO) if he comes back

- drop one of those TEs and pick up Doubs (vs TB), Smith-Njigba (vs PHI), Dotson (vs LAR) or Demario Douglas (vs KC).

Thanks!
Honestly, I don't see much distinction between your options.

I don't like Waller in his first game back. Dotson's inconsistency is probably an issue for me but he does have a little TD upside. Douglas sees targets and may have a negative game script but I don't see much upside. If you want to play the negative script game JSN has a much better matchup. Personally, I have a hunch, and nothing more than a hunch, about Goedert this week.

JSN or Goedert IMO

I have to choose two to put on the bench in a ppr:

Swift
KW3
DJ Moore
Cooper Kupp
Garrett Wilson
Zay Flowers
Rashee Rice

Must start at least one of the RBs. The rooks have been solid but wilson and kupp showed new life last week.
I'd bench Walker because of the matchup and I don't really trust the Seahawks offense enough.

I probably flip a, 3-sided, coin between Wilson, Flowers & Rice.

I don't buy that Zach Wilson has somehow turned a corner and the Dolphins still have two great corners.

Flowers may be turning a corner himself (I have him in my lineup over Rice this week), it's tough to be confident about but he's been on a tear over the last two.

I am a big Rice fan as well and I think the Chiefs romp. Nothing wrong with choosing him and I could flip flop to him over Flowers easily.

ATM
Flowers>Rice>Wilson

Sure glad I started the Chargers D. Raiders coming off a shutout and looking horrendous, what could go wrong?

Sure glad I sat Josh Palmer. He's coming off an injury with Stick as his QB, what could go wrong?

A couple of different leagues here with questions:

Non-PPR, need 1 flex:
Elliott vs KC - I'm a little worried about game script here
Hopkins vs HOU - He has been hit or miss all year, but has come on lately
Rice vs NE - Rookie is getting more and more looks but the ball is spread around a lot

Non-PPR, need 1 flex out of this group
Olave vs NYG - Hasn't practiced this week but assuming he play
Ford vs CHI - Has injured wrist and is still splitting carries with Hunt
A. Jones vs TB - May need to give him a game once he does come back

Revisiting my start 3 flex after losing Brian Rob and with Olave a GTD tomorrow. Scoring - .5 ppr, 6 pt tds but 40+ yard tds worth 8 pts.

Olave vs NYG - Great matchup but GTD
A Gibson @ LAR - Starting at this point as the game script seems to be a good one for him with a 50+ over
Diontae Johnson @ Ind (Saturday before the Saints Game - see Olave)
Njoku vs Chi
D London @ Car - Tough DBs

Which 3 do you go with assuming Olave doesnt play?

I snuck into the playoffs as a 6 seed, starting. Jake Browning & Joe Flacco in SF. I'm unlikely to win, but I have a fair enough shot to take 3rd and recoup my entry fee this year. Big question is if I move someone off of taxi to help or not...

TE Premium, PPR, Devy Dynasty

Need 1 (with C Watson out) :

• Jerry Jeudy @ DET
  • *Parker Washington vs BAL

* Washington is on my taxi squad. To play him would mean dropping Jake Bobo. If I leave Washington on taxi, he can stay all of next year there too if I wish before having to be rostered/dropped before the 2025 season.

thanks again for this thread Chaka and everyone else who contribute, please please keep this up next year too.

standard league, no PPR, 1/10/6 setup with 100 yd bonus. Pick 2 RB of Kamara, Pollard, and Zeke.

I've been starting Kamara + Pollard all year, but then was able to pick up Zeke two weeks ago and I might be overthinking this. The pure logic part of my brain says there is no wrong answer, stick to Kamara+Pollard. But what fun is that? Would anyone start Zeke assuming Rhamondre is out and if so which of the two would I sit? I can tell you the individual FBG prognosticators are not aligned on this question based on their projections.

• Kamara at home vs the Giants. He's been the staple of my team all year but something about this game worries me. Olave potentially out, so let's assume he doesn't play. Hill being out last week I thought was going to be a boon, but he didn't get the redzone opportunities I was hoping for. Hill is back for this week, so back to Hill instead of Carr+Kamara at the goal line. Olave being out I think is a wash for Kamara because of Hill and the other TEs who get a lot of looks from captain checkdown.
  • Zeke at home vs KC. As long as Rhamondre is out, I think I have to start him. He has the best path to touches of the three backs and, according to several outlets, KC has been pretty good to opposing RB scoring.
  • Pollard. I mean, he's the most risky every week this year. I see that Dowdle is not carrying any injury designation as of today. He played well last week even though he was tagged as Q before gametime.

A couple of different leagues here with questions:

Non-PPR, need 1 flex:
Elliott vs KC - I'm a little worried about game script here
Hopkins vs HOU - He has been hit or miss all year, but has come on lately
Rice vs NE - Rookie is getting more and more looks but the ball is spread around a lot

Non-PPR, need 1 flex out of this group
Olave vs NYG - Hasn't practiced this week but assuming he play
Ford vs CHI - Has injured wrist and is still splitting carries with Hunt
A. Jones vs TB - May need to give him a game once he does come back
Right, wrong or otherwise my belief is the Patriots are going to bomb this week and I'm staying away. I like Rice and Hopkins similarly and can make an argument for both. My feeling is Hopkins is a bigger part of the Tennessee offense and I like the idea of going against the defense that made Zach Wilson look like Russell Wilson (circa 2020). I am concerned that if Stroud is out this could be a Henry heavy game and, in that scenario I may pivot to Rice. But if Stroud plays I hope to see him and Levis going back and forth all day.

Yes, I go with Olave if he plays. If he doesn't it's pretty much a push IMO between Ford & Jones. You have to guess and hope. My guess is probably Ford mostly because of health.

Revisiting my start 3 flex after losing Brian Rob and with Olave a GTD tomorrow. Scoring - .5 ppr, 6 pt tds but 40+ yard tds worth 8 pts.

Olave vs NYG - Great matchup but GTD
A Gibson @ LAR - Starting at this point as the game script seems to be a good one for him with a 50+ over
Diontae Johnson @ Ind (Saturday before the Saints Game - see Olave)
Njoku vs Chi
D London @ Car - Tough DBs

Which 3 do you go with assuming Olave doesnt play?
I stand by Olave, Njoku & London. I might give some more consideration to Gibson but I don't think I would roll with him over those options.

If Olave is out: Gibson>Diontae

I snuck into the playoffs as a 6 seed, starting. Jake Browning & Joe Flacco in SF. I'm unlikely to win, but I have a fair enough shot to take 3rd and recoup my entry fee this year. Big question is if I move someone off of taxi to help or not...

• Jerry Jeudy @ DET

* Washington is on my taxi squad. To play him would mean dropping Jake Bobo. If I leave Washington on taxi, he can stay all of next year there too if I wish before having to be rostered/dropped before the 2025 season.
Jeudy has been so disappointing I am tempted to say I would roll with Washington. And I might on a WTF basis. It's not like Jeudy has done anything to warrant being in anyone's lineup.

thanks again for this thread Chaka and everyone else who contribute, please please keep this up next year too.

standard league, no PPR, 1/10/6 setup with 100 yd bonus. Pick 2 RB of Kamara, Pollard, and Zeke.

I've been starting Kamara + Pollard all year, but then was able to pick up Zeke two weeks ago and I might be overthinking this. The pure logic part of my brain says there is no wrong answer, stick to Kamara+Pollard. But what fun is that? Would anyone start Zeke assuming Rhamondre is out and if so which of the two would I sit? I can tell you the individual FBG prognosticators are not aligned on this question based on their projections.

• Kamara at home vs the Giants. He's been the staple of my team all year but something about this game worries me. Olave potentially out, so let's assume he doesn't play. Hill being out last week I thought was going to be a boon, but he didn't get the redzone opportunities I was hoping for. Hill is back for this week, so back to Hill instead of Carr+Kamara at the goal line. Olave being out I think is a wash for Kamara because of Hill and the other TEs who get a lot of looks from captain checkdown.
  • Zeke at home vs KC. As long as Rhamondre is out, I think I have to start him. He has the best path to touches of the three backs and, according to several outlets, KC has been pretty good to opposing RB scoring.
  • Pollard. I mean, he's the most risky every week this year. I see that Dowdle is not carrying any injury designation as of today. He played well last week even though he was tagged as Q before gametime.
I wouldn't start Zeke against the Chiefs. HOWEVER, if I decided to, and he should see 20+ opportunities so there is an argument to start him, I would definitely bench Pollard.

PPR (consolation bracket; my only goal is to avoid finishing in last place)
Javonte @ Det
Moss vs Pitt

Non-PPR, 4pt passing TDs (heavy underdog against top seed; just lost Herbert)
Flacco vs Chi
Browning vs Minn

Higgins vs Minn
Addison @ Cinci

The Higgins decision seems easier; as an underdog, I want to chase upside, and he seems to be getting the downfield shots.

The QB question has me going back and forth. Neither have a great matchup, but Browning facing Flores has me way more nervous. On the other hand, Cleveland's OL injuries also make me nervous. Also, the strategic move as an underdog would seem to be stacking Browning-Higgins and hoping for the high variance play

Javonte @ Det
Moss vs Pitt

Flacco vs Chi
Browning vs Minn

Higgins vs Minn
Addison @ Cinci

The Higgins decision seems easier; as an underdog, I want to chase upside, and he seems to be getting the downfield shots.

The QB question has me going back and forth. Neither have a great matchup, but Browning facing Flores has me way more nervous. On the other hand, Cleveland's OL injuries also make me nervous. Also, the strategic move as an underdog would seem to be stacking Browning-Higgins and hoping for the high variance play
for some reason Moss looks tired..Javonte
Browning
Haggins

Javonte @ Det
Moss vs Pitt

Flacco vs Chi
Browning vs Minn

Higgins vs Minn
Addison @ Cinci

Javonte, Browning & Higgins and I don't really think twice.

I can see the argument for Moss but he really hasn't looked good lately. Javonte has disappointing TD efficiency but that can correct pretty quickly and I think he is more talented than Moss.

• Jerry Jeudy @ DET

Jeudy has been so disappointing I am tempted to say I would roll with Washington. And I might on a WTF basis. It's not like Jeudy has done anything to warrant being in anyone's lineup.
Agreed. My WRs before the season looked like a youth corps most would like to have in dynasty, but have been full of injury and disappointment (London, Jeudy, Watson, Dell, Metchie). Figures Washington was a 2nd round pick for me a year ago as a devy and finally is starting to show something. Figure it might be worth it to unleash him this season as Bobo has faded after that two week showing midseason too.

PPR although 1.5 PPR for TE.
Higgins vrs Minn
McBride vrs. 49rs
D. Schultz at Tenn.

Need two.

Can't thank you enough.

PPR although 1.5 PPR for TE.
Higgins vrs Minn
McBride vrs. 49rs
D. Schultz at Tenn.

Need two.

Can't thank you enough.
For me it's McBride because his usage potential is just crazy

I like the other options and think they may have more TD upside but with a 1.5 premium I love McBride's target potential.

Ppr flex. Pick one

Ezekiel Elliott v KC
Rice at NE
D Smith at Sea
Mixon v Minn

Leaning Rice or Zeke. Both have been getting a lot of touches. Coin flip says Rice. Thoughts?

1 point per first down, otherwise standard scoring

Jerome Ford vs. Chicago or
Aaron Jones vs. Tampa Bay

.5 PPR Flex

McBride vs SF (LaPorta in at TE)

Chandler @ CIN

I have McBride in right now, I think he's safer but tough matchup.

.5 PPR Flex

Chandler @ CIN

McBride

Standard scoring.

RBs - im going Barkley & Monty
WRS - Amon Ra & Jefferson

Who in flex ?

Chandler @ CIN
Rice @ NE
Gibson @ LA
Cooks @ BUF

Thanks

McBride

Standard scoring.

Who in flex ?

Chandler @ CIN
Rice @ NE
Gibson @ LA
Cooks @ BUF

Thanks
probably Rice but you can make a good case for anyone there. nice options!!!!!!!!!! unlike a lot of us.

McBride

Standard scoring.

Who in flex ?

Chandler @ CIN
Rice @ NE
Gibson @ LA
Cooks @ BUF

Thanks
probably Rice but you can make a good case for anyone there. nice options!!!!!!!!!! unlike a lot of us.

Thank you ! Its veered over into too many options though it’s frying my brain. Considering Chandler over Monty, but don’t think going to. Considering any of the WRs over Jefferson as well but ultimately will start him. Can’t have him going off on bench. Having only one viable option would make this less painful and lessen chance of bench players going off in a tight loss

(14tm - PPR) - Do I plug Diontae Johnson in for a Questionable Achane or do I wait it out and pivot to CEH if Achane is a no-go tomorrow?

I can also plug Diontae Johnson in over Calvin Ridley and have more flexibility to choose either Ridley or CEH tomorrow if Achane is a no-go.

Can we even trust Achane if he plays?! :wall:

Last edited:
Ppr flex. Pick one

Ezekiel Elliott v KC
Rice at NE
D Smith at Sea
Mixon v Minn

Leaning Rice or Zeke. Both have been getting a lot of touches. Coin flip says Rice. Thoughts?
I'm okay with Rice for sure but I think you have similarly good options across the board.

I kind of like Mixon as he is also seeing volume, is a more accomplished receiver than Zeke (last week notwithstanding) and looks to be on a better team with a better matchup.

But the margins between them are slim. I could easily see Rice, or DeVonta, or Zeke lead this group this weekend.

1 point per first down, otherwise standard scoring

Jerome Ford vs. Chicago or
Aaron Jones vs. Tampa Bay
Jones does have a better matchup and if Dillon misses the game he's probably the 'smrt' choice.

But I think I like Ford because of health and I am comfortable with his opportunities. He won't see 20+ touches but is a reasonable bet for 15.

.5 PPR Flex

Chandler @ CIN

McBride

Standard scoring.

Who in flex ?

Chandler @ CIN
Rice @ NE
Gibson @ LA
Cooks @ BUF

Thanks
Rice and I don't think about it.

I can see an argument for Gibson with Robinson out but with the news that Rivera is out at the end of the year I don't know what to expect from the Commanders. Maybe they rally around him or maybe they fold. I don't like the uncertainty.

Gibson is intriguing but I like Rice.

Achane or Pollard?

Gay or Boswell?

If Achane is good to go...tough to sit him.
I agree about Achane, Buffalo is pretty desperate and who knows what to expect in that game. But it doesn't feel like a great opportunity for Pollard.

No opinion on the kickers.

Users who are viewing this thread