What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (2 Viewers)

I'm going to the Boulder Strong Ale Fest on Saturday at the new Avery brewery. Every beer at the festival is required to be 8% ABV or greater. They released a preliminary beer list yesterday. It appears as if a blackout is practically guaranteed.

So PW is going to start to distro to NY this summer. Wonder how that will impact it's availability here, the good stuff is already hard to get.

Shorts/Half Acre collab Freedom of 78, pink guava ipa. Very solid.
Is it avail where half acre is sold?
Don't know. We don't get HA, but do get Shorts. It is officially a Shorts beer, so maybe not?
It's listed on Half Acre's page and Jonathon Cutler from Piece was part of it too. :drool:
Yeah, as I drink it more, it's outstanding. It might be my favorite Shorts beer I've ever had.

Don't know. We don't get HA, but do get Shorts. It is officially a Shorts beer, so maybe not?
It's listed on Half Acre's page and Jonathon Cutler from Piece was part of it too. :drool:
Yeah, as I drink it more, it's outstanding. It might be my favorite Shorts beer I've ever had.
Just checked and it's not on Half Acre's list at their Tap Room or Store. We shall see.

Just picked up a few bottles of Cigar City's Lacto Cherry Grove Sour. I missed the bottles of guava grove last year after tasting it in the taproom and I loved it. Wasn't gonna let this one get by me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked and it's not on Half Acre's list at their Tap Room or Store. We shall see.
do every thing you can to track this down. Half Acre brewed this four or five years ago and I happened to pick up 2 growlers of it. It was pure bliss.

do every thing you can to track this down. Half Acre brewed this four or five years ago and I happened to pick up 2 growlers of it. It was pure bliss.
Would have to drive to MI it sounds like since Half Acre didn't brew it.

:kicksrock: last of my Senita is now gone :( and Vallejo won't be out in cans until May.

Any Chicago guys want to cornhole at Half Acre anytime soon? I am thinking of heading into the city to get a growler or ten. I may go on Sat if they have anymore Senita left to get a growler of that.

Just rated my 300th beer over at BA - this little guy. Big fan.

http://i.imgur.com/ftcBAtf.jpg

It sold out in the taproom in less than 24 hours...I was surprised I was able to get some.

God I love sour beers.

Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Picked up a Square Grouper and another Da Fuzz. Would have grabbed a couple Groupers but it was limit one.
You up for a cornhole at Half Acre on Sat?
i'm out for this saturday, but would be up for another later in the spring.

Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Picked up a Square Grouper and another Da Fuzz. Would have grabbed a couple Groupers but it was limit one.
Last minute decision to go, hope they have some Senita left and want some Vallejo!
I know the Beer Temple has cases of Senita right now. They might be gone early next week, but it looks like he has a good stash according to his FB photos this week.

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/13210_928482843858460_483429965434504647_n.jpg?oh=912eb67824a580c657f7e94057eaaf15&oe=55A64E0C (check out the cases of Senita in the back left - this was posted yesterday)

Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Last minute decision to go, hope they have some Senita left and want some Vallejo!
I know the Beer Temple has cases of Senita right now. They might be gone early next week, but it looks like he has a good stash according to his FB photos this week.

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/13210_928482843858460_483429965434504647_n.jpg?oh=912eb67824a580c657f7e94057eaaf15&oe=55A64E0C (check out the cases of Senita in the back left - this was posted yesterday)
Thanks but if I am coming into the city I'll just go to half acre and grab some vallejo as well and maybe some Space.

Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:

Thanks but if I am coming into the city I'll just go to half acre and grab some vallejo as well and maybe some Space.
That is what I got last year around this time. Growler of Space I drank for first Hawks playoff game. Growler of Daisy. Couple of Vallejo. I want to say some Shogun too unless I went up another time. I don't remember. Enjoy man. If I didn't have a family thing I would join you.

I might try to get up there next weekend and hit South Loop on the way home tmw as they tend to have Senita and it is on the way.

Need to try the Temple though.

Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:

That is what I got last year around this time. Growler of Space I drank for first Hawks playoff game. Growler of Daisy. Couple of Vallejo. I want to say some Shogun too unless I went up another time. I don't remember.Enjoy man. If I didn't have a family thing I would join you.

I might try to get up there next weekend and hit South Loop on the way home tmw as they tend to have Senita and it is on the way.

Need to try the Temple though.
Turned out ok, looks like I am meeting a buddy for lunch, maybe head to Sweet Mandy B's (dessert bar) and then Half Acre. Plan on getting at least one Space and Vallejo, maybe wind up with 2 of each if they are as good as I hear they are.

Once my MIL is back in town (snow bird) I think a downtown brewery every few weeks will be on the wife and I's agenda.

White Oak Jai Alai from a growler...it has more oak than the cans did. Good stuff.
Such a great beer, so happy I got to try it.
I was shocked to hear a local beer store tapped a keg of it today...which is why I made the trip, I had to have it since its been gone for over a month.Also picked up a crowler of Game Changer IPA at Three Palms, and some Fat Heads Head Hunter IPA (I've never tried it)...oh and an Ayinger Celebrator which I haven't had in years.

Love Fat Heads
I've heard its great...saw some in Tallahassee Monday but it was bottled in October...pass. The stuff I got today was bottled 2 weeks ago and its really friggin good. Big fan. I had no idea it was in distro in Tampa until today. Will add it to my daily drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread