What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (1 Viewer)

Rye'd da Lightning and Broodoo at 3F.

Also have some Surly Furious and Coffee Bender in the fridge.

Urbanhack mentioned Anti-Hero a little earlier. Big fan of that stuff.

got some Blue Point Winter Ale and will switch to Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale after dinner. Or maybe for dinner. Steak sandwiches?

Rock Stream Oktoberfest earlier today, not sure the exact name of this. Paulaner Marzen now. Bought some growlers today, may dip into those in a bit.

Had a Double Jack in bottle the other night for the first time in a while. Kind of burnt out on FW, as it seems like they have an incessant marketing push around here, even though they are great.But my god, that is a great DIPA.
Was never a fan but boy do they have some good stuff now. Had a special nitrogen porter at the brewery that blew my mind.

Breckenridge Brewery Pride's Porter

Given to the medal winners at GABF. Brewed with 200lbs of dark chocolate from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory

:banned:

'JHuber77 said:
I've got some Stone Smoked Porter w/vanilla bean on tap for tonight. :banned:
ooooo, that sounds nice. Love Stone. Gonna look for it.I had a six of Magic Hat Diabolically Delicious Stout. Not bad, nothing I have to get again though.Just opened a Troegs Perpetual IPA...loving this!

alchemist heady toppervery,very good. nicely balanced.more than adequate hype.
DAMN......LOVE THIS BEER.
That beer is very good. So good that they charge you for each sample when you visit their tiny brewery as opposed to the nearby Magic Hat where you can basically get drunk for free at their tasting area. Interesting thing about the Heady Topper can. It instructs you to drink it from the can for best taste as opposed to pouring it in a glass. I love drinking beer from glasses as I like to see the color, head, etc. But I took their advice and drank it from the can. Excellent stuff.

alchemist heady topper

very,very good. nicely balanced.

more than adequate hype.
That beer is very good. So good that they charge you for each sample when you visit their tiny brewery as opposed to the nearby Magic Hat where you can basically get drunk for free at their tasting area. Interesting thing about the Heady Topper can. It instructs you to drink it from the can for best taste as opposed to pouring it in a glass. I love drinking beer from glasses as I like to see the color, head, etc. But I took their advice and drank it from the can. Excellent stuff.
After what happened to the Alchemist last year, I don't mind paying a premium for the beer. I've never been to their new setup, but I'm still very glad that I got to go to the brewpub just a few weeks before Irene hit. All of the beers were phenomenal.

alchemist heady topper

very,very good. nicely balanced.

more than adequate hype.
After what happened to the Alchemist last year, I don't mind paying a premium for the beer. I've never been to their new setup, but I'm still very glad that I got to go to the brewpub just a few weeks before Irene hit. All of the beers were phenomenal.
Best brewpub I've ever been to. So sad it's gone. I hear Prohibition Pig is awesome though.

Coup de Grisou, Cheval Blanc Blanche & Blonde d'Achouffe.

In Montreal so I picked up this sampler. All good, the d'Achouffe packs a bit of a punch at 8%. All 3 are Witbier's, one traditional, one strong and one Buckwheat spice, would likely have been better as a summer sampler but still, good.

Found some 32oz Coronas at my local bodega. Not a 12oz, 22oz or 40oz botttel - 32oz. Couldn't pass it up. Surprisingly it tasted exacly like the watered down Corona that I am used to.

Founder's Harvest Ale...yum
'hack. See that you mentioned Revolution a couple of days ago. Have you been out to their place on Milwaukee?Stopped in before a show at the Congress and had a couple of beers. They have themselves a really nice place there. Great atmosphere, the upstairs is pretty kick ###. Haven't tried the grub, but the menu as well as the food that passed by looked good.

'hack. See that you mentioned Revolution a couple of days ago. Have you been out to their place on Milwaukee?Stopped in before a show at the Congress and had a couple of beers. They have themselves a really nice place there. Great atmosphere, the upstairs is pretty kick ###. Haven't tried the grub, but the menu as well as the food that passed by looked good.
Yes...great place! Been there at least 30 times. :mellow:Food is great and of course their beer is delicious....they also have a full bar.

Yes...great place! Been there at least 30 times. :mellow:Food is great and of course their beer is delicious....they also have a full bar.
How you ranking the local breweries then?Citywise, I've been to Rock Botton, Revolution and Goose. Still need to get to Haymarket. Suburbs I've hit Solemn Oath and Two Bros. Haven't been to the new Two Bros that moved into the old Roundhouse, though. Only the old Warehouse location. Should be hitting that in the next week or two.

How you ranking the local breweries then?Citywise, I've been to Rock Botton, Revolution and Goose. Still need to get to Haymarket. Suburbs I've hit Solemn Oath and Two Bros. Haven't been to the new Two Bros that moved into the old Roundhouse, though. Only the old Warehouse location. Should be hitting that in the next week or two.
Revolution and Half Acre are at the top for me.Goose / Haymarket / Two Brothers / Rock Bottom all make up the next tier. Went to Solemn Oath this summer and thought their beers were solid. Would like to try more.

Revolution and Half Acre are at the top for me.Goose / Haymarket / Two Brothers / Rock Bottom all make up the next tier. Went to Solemn Oath this summer and thought their beers were solid. Would like to try more.
Half Acre - that's the one I couldn't remember. Someone brought a growler of something from them to a poker game I was at recently. Really good beer, but even looking at their site, I can't remember the name of it.

Anyone with a recommendation for a brewpub/brewery in Connecticut? Preferably on the coast? Looking for a spot to go with gf over NYE and we primarily care about great beer and great coffee.

'Please See Mine said:
Anyone with a recommendation for a brewpub/brewery in Connecticut? Preferably on the coast? Looking for a spot to go with gf over NYE and we primarily care about great beer and great coffee.
No idea about the coast, but I enjoyed Willimantic outside of Hartford. Link

'Please See Mine said:
Yeah, this one has come up in my google search. Thanks for the recommendation. What is the town like? It sounds kind of cool, actually, but there is a lot of stuff about it having been a real crime-infested area, though now it has been cleaned up. Any impressions?

'Please See Mine said:
Yeah, this one has come up in my google search. Thanks for the recommendation. What is the town like? It sounds kind of cool, actually, but there is a lot of stuff about it having been a real crime-infested area, though now it has been cleaned up. Any impressions?
I didn't spend any time in town other than the few hours I was at Willimantic. Didn't get any impression of the town.

San Diego Beer Week in effect.

Tonight:

Track 10

Mongo

Barrel Aged Speedway

Barrel Aged Stone 12th Anniversary (bitter chocolate stout)

5 Golden Rings on cask

Bunch of beers at White Labs (genius idea)

Man-Baby

Get Wet

Maui Rum Today

AleSmith Double Dry Hop IPA (####### awesome. They better keep doing this)

O'Bbrien's IPA x2

And a bunch of sips of other stuff....

Users who are viewing this thread