What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (2 Viewers)

How stupid am I? Paid $22.99 for a 4-pack of Bourbon County Stout at my local beer shop tonight. I'm happy, but feel like I've been taken for a ride by the craft beer hype.
Not stupid at all. It's $5 a beer, no? You pay that for a miller lite at the bar. :shrug:And you're only paying this type of price for a select few beers a couple of times of year.
Had one last weekend. I'm not really a GI fan, but I'd pay that and not think twice about it. Great night cap / after dinner drink.
OK. I'm feeling better about it then. I might try it against some '11 Central Waters BB Stout I've been saving.I can probably get another 4 pack tomorrow if someone wants to do a trade.

How stupid am I? Paid $22.99 for a 4-pack of Bourbon County Stout at my local beer shop tonight. I'm happy, but feel like I've been taken for a ride by the craft beer hype.
Not stupid at all. It's $5 a beer, no? You pay that for a miller lite at the bar. :shrug: And you're only paying this type of price for a select few beers a couple of times of year.
Had one last weekend. I'm not really a GI fan, but I'd pay that and not think twice about it. Great night cap / after dinner drink.
OK. I'm feeling better about it then. I might try it against some '11 Central Waters BB Stout I've been saving.I can probably get another 4 pack tomorrow if someone wants to do a trade.
I'm your huckleberry. What can I send you?I've been dying for some small format barrel aged beers. Most of the times I crave a barrel aged beer I have no one around to help me take down one of my bombers, and don't want to do 22+ ozs by myself. $6 per 12ozs seems extremely reasonable compared to some stuff around here.

Looking to get into some Stouts this winter. School me...what should I look for?
12 oz or 22 oz? Do you prefer coffee? Chocolate?
Both 12's and 22's During the week I'll grab an occasional 22 but on weekends go with a 4 or 6-pack. Not sure if I've had chocolate. All I really know is Irish Stout. I like Guinness and Murphys and loved Beamish even more than those two when we went to Ireland a couple of years ago.

Looking to get into some Stouts this winter. School me...what should I look for?
Both 12's and 22's During the week I'll grab an occasional 22 but on weekends go with a 4 or 6-pack. Not sure if I've had chocolate. All I really know is Irish Stout. I like Guinness and Murphys and loved Beamish even more than those two when we went to Ireland a couple of years ago.
Victory Storm King is an all-time favorite of mine, and you should be able to find it for most of the year in NY. Great Lakes Blackout Stout and Long Trail Coffee Stout are both good winter seasonals. Stoudts Fat Dog is good and all-year. There's plenty more good ones too, many good stouts.

Victory Storm King is an all-time favorite of mine, and you should be able to find it for most of the year in NY. Great Lakes Blackout Stout and Long Trail Coffee Stout are both good winter seasonals. Stoudts Fat Dog is good and all-year. There's plenty more good ones too, many good stouts.
Thanks :thumbup: I know they carry Victory and Great Lakes brews and Long Trail Pale Ale is probably my favorite beer. Might try their coffee stout first.

Long Trail Imperial Porter is great too.

If you're in the city you might be able to find Cigar City. Marshal Zhukov is an awesome stout.

Just dove into my first Old Chub.

Ok, that came out wrong, but, damn, what a good beer. America finally got it right. SO easy to drink at 8%. If you're a scotch ale fan check it out.

Founders Breakfast Stout is one of my all time favorites, it's limited release and goes fairly quickly around here.

Founders Breakfast Stout is one of my all time favorites, it's limited release and goes fairly quickly around here.
I don't know if Founders distributes to NYC. We just started getting it here a few months ago. I agree that it's an all-time great beer.You sure you're not talking about KBS? That one sells like crazy.

I don't know if Founders distributes to NYC. We just started getting it here a few months ago. I agree that it's an all-time great beer.You sure you're not talking about KBS? That one sells like crazy.
Yep KBS is nearly impossible to get. The regular Breafast Stout is only available for at most 3-4 weeks. Last year the local Binny's only was able to get 2 cases total. I think they got two four packs of KBS last year.

'Hawks64 said:
Yep KBS is nearly impossible to get. The regular Breafast Stout is only available for at most 3-4 weeks. Last year the local Binny's only was able to get 2 cases total. I think they got two four packs of KBS last year.
Interesting. Breakfast Stout has been on the shelves for a few weeks here, but this is our first season with it so I have no idea how long it will last. The beer nerd rage isn't as strong here as it is in Chicago though.

'Hawks64 said:
'Steve Tasker said:
'jamny said:
'Steve Tasker said:
'jamny said:
Love Foundeers too. Their Curmudgeon Ale might be the single most amazing beer (if you can call it that) that I've ever had. I think I have seen the Breakfast Stout. Adding it to the list! :thumbup:

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel

Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale

Had Hoppin Frog Barrel Aged Naked Evil last night. Pricey ($22 for 22 oz). But its 11.3% and amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was not a fan of the BORIS the crusher oatmeal stout and I love stouts. That and Ten Fidy just didn't do it for me even though they are rated well. Agree with tasked on storm king stout...great stout at a reasonable price

Had a Troegs Flying Mouflon tonight. Love that beer :banned:

You guys might want to check out Beerjobber.com or Letspour.com. You can order beers that you cant buy at your local liquor store and have it delivered to your front door.

Expo Stout earlier

Goose Island Coffee BCS 2010 now. Bottled in mid-March 2010, so it's 2.5 years old now. Cap was a little bit oxidized, not a ton of of carbonation left. The coffee is still in it but not too pronounced. IMO, this was better a year ago. I still have one more bottle, I'll have to drink it soon.

My cellaring practices are less-than-optimal, so YMMV.

Expo Stout earlierGoose Island Coffee BCS 2010 now. Bottled in mid-March 2010, so it's 2.5 years old now. Cap was a little bit oxidized, not a ton of of carbonation left. The coffee is still in it but not too pronounced. IMO, this was better a year ago. I still have one more bottle, I'll have to drink it soon.My cellaring practices are less-than-optimal, so YMMV.
Starting early I see. :banned: :thumbup:

Expo Stout earlierGoose Island Coffee BCS 2010 now. Bottled in mid-March 2010, so it's 2.5 years old now. Cap was a little bit oxidized, not a ton of of carbonation left. The coffee is still in it but not too pronounced. IMO, this was better a year ago. I still have one more bottle, I'll have to drink it soon.My cellaring practices are less-than-optimal, so YMMV.
Starting early I see. :banned: :thumbup:
Of course! It's always a special occasion when college football is on ;)

Someone tell me about Finch's. Seems to be getting a lot of play in Philly now in cans: pale ale, IPA, and blonde ale. (maybe? mostly interested in the first 2.) Is it worth picking up a 6-pack?

Had a Double Jack in bottle the other night for the first time in a while. Kind of burnt out on FW, as it seems like they have an incessant marketing push around here, even though they are great.

But my god, that is a great DIPA.

Users who are viewing this thread